IGNORED

Modesty Check! (an outfit thread)

Shirley MacLaine

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still cool here and I'm dressed not to impress. Sweatshirt two sizes too big over a ratty old tee shirt (the sweatshirt is long enough to cover the circled area, but I'm wearing yoga pants, so I guess I'm a fail. And since I always wear jeans (the whiteness of my legs would blind you like an eclipse and fake bakes ruin my white sheets), I guess I'm always defrauding, even when I'm wearing a suitably modest tunic top.

I'm looking uber-glam and feminine in a 20-year-old t-shirt and thrifted khaki cargo shorts. I'd put on something better, but I have to run to the store to buy provisions for my ailing headship. What a servant's heart I have.

I tried on my wedding dress just to defraud you all with my collarbone, arms, and the unfettered girls (still need a bra!).

GORGEOUS!!!!!

:clap:

I am wearing capris and a blue tee with a low ruffled neckline and push up bra. Not fundie approved. I am hoping to defraud Mr. Barbie later this afternoon.

Oh, lovely! May I ask where you got it? (Also, high five for wedding planning! Mine's in August- when's yours?)

It was supposed to be last weekend, but we are adopting, so we are focusing on that first. May be in August, too!

The dress was found at an antique mall in suburban Chicago. 30's pale green silk, hand done beading in perfect condition. The fundies would be proud: it was $18.00.

Thanks for the compliments! One of these days I will get a private (because, unlike the fundies, my life is not for the world to talk about) blog with photos of my girl and my wedding.

Today I am defrauding in H & M long underwear in grey, matching t-shirt, cashmere hoodie. It is cold in the PacNW today!

Hmm I like to wear dresses and skirts... and sometimes I get the idea that it's almost fundie-approved. So here's a photo for you guys. Am I showing too much skin? Hehe.

Ack! Your knees are visible! Your shoes are FAR too stylish! Plus, that ruffle right at your bustline is VERY defrauding! However, the fact that you are on a playset alludes to a sort of childlike innocence which ALL women should possess forever and ever, so that redeems you a bit. :-D :lol:

255064_10150284456999810_762044809_9251355_17996_n.jpg

Today's outfit. Duggar-approved but not Maxwell-approved because my skirt has a slit and you can see my ankles. ;)

My standard summer uniform: full/twirly/circle skirt (today's is just below the knee but they generally range from knee length to midcalf) and cami/tank top (I just noticed the one I'm wearing has a hole on the side of the boob area. Oops!). Sometimes a t-shirt if it's cooler out or if my pits are fuzzy. :)

themadapple, I was browsing Threadless earlier today and I came thisclose to adding that same shirt to my cart! But I decided I really didn't need another tee for myself right now. Tempting, though..

themadapple, I was browsing Threadless earlier today and I came thisclose to adding that same shirt to my cart! But I decided I really didn't need another tee for myself right now. Tempting, though..

I'd been coveting that shirt for a long time! Actually, there's one reason why it may be fundie-approved - I found it dirt cheap and only slightly used on ebay in my size.

Really, if it weren't for the microscopic spec of self-restraint I happen to have in such matters, Threadless would be getting a huge percentage of my income. Love that store.

I wore an off the shoulder top and long skirt for the day, then changed into a pretty flouncy dress for the night, then came home and laid around naked until putting on pajamas...quite possibly my only fundie approved clothes of the day, coz the PJ pants are culottes. I'd get a fundie lite pass but the Duggars and Maxwells would have my head!

Ack! Your knees are visible! Your shoes are FAR too stylish! Plus, that ruffle right at your bustline is VERY defrauding! However, the fact that you are on a playset alludes to a sort of childlike innocence which ALL women should possess forever and ever, so that redeems you a bit. :-D :lol:

Haha thanks for making me laugh. :) Well yeah, you are right. I guess I will have to work more on a fundie-approved outfit. :think:

I've been in pajamas all day like the lazy bitch I am. Also wearing Baby Foot for another ten minutes so I can sport fundie-approved flip-flops without shame a week from now :)

It always makes me laugh when certain fundie SAHMs are adamant about getting "dressed to the shoes" every single day, mainly because I can't imagine it's in any way healthy for your feet to be in shoes all day... and indoors! You'd think with all that floor-scrubbing they wouldn't have a problem going barefoot or in socks.

I've been in pajamas all day like the lazy bitch I am. Also wearing Baby Foot for another ten minutes so I can sport fundie-approved flip-flops without shame a week from now :)

It always makes me laugh when certain fundie SAHMs are adamant about getting "dressed to the shoes" every single day, mainly because I can't imagine it's in any way healthy for your feet to be in shoes all day... and indoors! You'd think with all that floor-scrubbing they wouldn't have a problem going barefoot or in socks.

I must try this Baby Foot thing when the postal strike is over. Somebody remind me!

"Getting dressed to the shoes" is a Flylady thing.

I'm wearing an oversized, gaudy NASCAR-printed T-shirt with graphics on both back and front, navy capri pants, and orange Crocs, with my hair pulled back in a headband. The shirt alone would render this outfit fundie-unapproved because one's eyes would probably be drawn to the graphics instead of to my countenance! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I went to the beach in a bikini and defrauded atleast 4 men, before coming home and laying around in my towel. I'm about to get dressed in a lowcut, above the knee dress to go out for father's day dinner with my mister's family.

I'm all about the defrauding today!!

I really did a fundie no-no: I wore my blue jeans to church this morning! My camera's on the fritz, so I didn't take a pic, but I wore blue jeans, a pink Gap shirt, and flats.

I wore a long maternity dress that showed my cleavage today, NOT fundy approved. However, I think it's my son playing dress up with my hats that would get me into the most trouble.

IMG_0206.jpg

I'm wearing my husband's navy blue long sleeved polo shirt, so I guess that makes me an abomination unto the Lord all on it's own. I'm also wearing jeans and running shoes. My ponytail elastic is pink, though! I guess that would be canceled out by the glass of merlot I'm holding....

Pretty much the same as yesterday- camo shorts and a T-shirt from my school trip to New York City when I was a senior in high school. I have on oversize button earrings and pink nail polish, though- does that count at all?

Jeans (ungodly), a trix rabbit shirt (satanic), a cardigan (feminine), flats (pretty), my peace recycle necklace (pacifist dirty hippie) and nerd glasses (androgynous). How dare I walk out of my house looking like an androgynous little hippie!

I'm wearing a v-neck purple t-shirt, yoga pants (I heart yoga pants), and a bra that hoists up my gigantic boobalas so that they stick straight out. :D

Archived