IGNORED

Modesty Check! (an outfit thread)

Shirley MacLaine

So I've been wanting to try to start this for some time and if you guys aren't down, by all means let it sink and die!

Anyway, another forum I'm on has an outfit of the day thread and it's kind of fun, but I thought here at FJ we could use a twist. Instead of just posting what you're wearing, post what you're wearing and the next poster will critique it from a fundie perspective. Is it defrauding? Sloppy? Too modern? Too masculine? NIKES!? Etc.

29uvptc.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're wearing shorts! I can see your knees AND the fact that you have two legs! :o

I'm only wearing underwear, though, so I win. :D

first - super cute... now onto the fundiness :)

Can you reach your arms above your head without showing your belly/back?

Can you touch your toes without showing boobies? (it looks like you can :))

Depends on the level of fundy, but most here would not be okay with shorts first because they are short pants and second because they show your knees. If we were talking about SovGrace type fundies then your shorts are AWESOME because they are "long" :)

I must link this - I think the picture will show you clearly enough what you have done wrong.

23l1rmh.jpg

(From dedicateddaughter.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-do-you-not-wear-pants.html )

I must link this - I think the picture will show you clearly enough what you have done wrong.

23l1rmh.jpg

AHAHAHA... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*laughter for days*

23l1rmh.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm defrauded!!!!!!!!!

Sigh.

A usual theme with these fundies if you look on her blog she and her younger sisters dress similar which is sad puffy sleeves and all that are appropriate for a six year okd. Its almost as if they have to rationalize their parents forcing them to dress like little girls and not go to college among other things which is just sad

I love on her blog how she says that jeans/pants are just like an arrow pointing to the crotch.

Maybe if they are spread out flat on the floor like that - yeah. It is not nearly that apparent when they are being worn.

And sure as hell when I wear jeans, the arrow's pointing to my knees because there isn't much separation between my thighs nowadays! (Unless I'm standing like a certain patriarch)

So that's why I can't get a date--I haven't drawn big red circles around the crotches of all my jeans. Excuse me, I have stuff to do now...

She would HATE what I'm wearing right now - its been rainy and a bit chilly all day so I'm wearing my black sweats with the "Freaky's" logo in big letters down the side - Freaky's is one of our local head shops !! :obscene-smokingpimp:

I work third shift in a hospital. Most of us have scrubs on all the time (third shift means pretty much no admin types in suits...). I've started wearing a knee length skirt once a week because I'm freaking sick of feeling like I live in scrubs and this is a Big Deal. No one has ever commented on my scrubs, but the skirts get a lot of attention, even thought they're not an arrow to the crotch!

And, hey, I'm not going to lie...I kind of like the attention. I never claimed to be modest.

Damn, I have the perfect pic for this thread, but the kids forgot the camera wire at home so I cannot load it until next week.

Outfit: Floor length grey skirt, long sleeved white button down shirt with black cardi overtop. Beret and scarf.Standing in front of REVIVAL tent in Boston Common. No skin showing, it was freaking cold that day and I bought the scarf from a vendor. :banana-dreads: :character-velma: :happy-partydance:

Now I'm wearing black yoga pants and a blue t-shirt.

Guest Anonymous
Damn, I have the perfect pic for this thread, but the kids forgot the camera wire at home so I cannot load it until next week.

Outfit: Floor length grey skirt, long sleeved white button down shirt with black cardi overtop. Beret and scarf.Standing in front of REVIVAL tent in Boston Common. No skin showing, it was freaking cold that day and I bought the scarf from a vendor. :banana-dreads: :character-velma: :happy-partydance:

You have my stamp of fundie approval as long as your hair is back and not interfering with the God given beauty of your face and your shirt is long enough that bending over to pick up a child will expose no skin.

On the other hand, my own outfit does not.....

140c4qq.jpg

I have a stockpile of varying degrees of defrauding outfits from an outfit thread on another site...

I am sorry but the idea's a dress bring to my mind are far more defrauding then jeans will ever be. all that openness in a dress is far more thought provoking.

My dress is definitely fundie in lenght and color (brown, ankle-lenght), but is sleeveless and has a very low-cut back, so I wouldn't pass the test.

I'm sat here in a pair of shortie pj's because it is warm and a thick pair wool socks because I have Raynauds.

Sexy I tell you!

Guest Anonymous

I was wearing a fundie approved outfit today. Teeshirt and peasant skirt. Even a head covering (I'm Jewish, whaddya want) and even the ubiquitous flip flops. But I changed into my PJ's while my "headship" went out to get us burritos because the curse of eve is upon me and I'm a horrible non submissive wife and was feeling too incredibly ill and refused flat out to cook dinner.

:shifty:

I'm weaing capri pants and a sleeveless shirt, so I'm not fundie approved. But I'm wearing flip-flops, and those, at least, are Duggar approved.

I spent most of today in an old T Shirt and underpants. :D But my brother is coming so I've put on bright pink dress. Too short by fundie standards, but it's comfy!

I'm wearing an older threadless t-shirt (Gold Rush, if anybody is interested) and a pair of shorts that aren't fingertip length. (but not super short, cotton shorts, bought at REI, so made for hiking etc...)

My activities today might be appropriate- fed the chickens, worked on the veggie garden, canned 3 pints of chicken, and currently have 8 pints of garbanzos in the pressure canner.... Oh yeah, I swept the kitchen floor too- debating steam mopping it too. (I'm on vacation, but can't afford to go anywhere)

Last week I wore a skirt that I like with the absolute wrong top and realized that not only did I look fundie-lite, I liked twice my actual age. The skirt falls a little below my knee (or a little above, depending on my weight), so it would never pass for Quiverfull fundie, but wow it sure was weird to see it with a certain top that I normally wear with pants. I'll take a picture of it and post if I can figure out how to get pics from my phone to the computer (my camera's battery is dead and I usually just send phone pics by text ;) )

I tried on my wedding dress just to defraud you all with my collarbone, arms, and the unfettered girls (still need a bra!).

Archived