IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

I suspect John thinks the landlord is demon possessed because the landlord expects things like rent and doesn't buy any of John's reasons to not pay. I saw that in the comment section someone warned him about buying land in Zambia because missionaries have been ripped off. John, of course, says that there is no way he was ripped off. :roll:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John is giving a joyous face book update, because a family friend has donated $5000 to his church building fund--without anyone telling the friend they needed money 8-) This on top of the money donated after

(What was her name again? Oh, he remembered it later in the post)

And this is super important because, as we all know John has been

And they building they have been using as a church, well they have to move into that as their home because, regarding the house they have been living in

:nenner:

So, his congregation of the church he has planted is very excited, a they got a deal on the land and everything, and the baptistery was built first (right after that donation box)

I was coming to share this, but I see you've covered the high points :lol:

I'm sure no one was expecting "demon possession" :roll: but anyone with half a brain probably could have told John that the whole situation with the house on the hill was a really bad scene.

Also, Sarah's memorial fund left John with about $1500 after spending $6000 on the land, but that was, of course, not enough. Color me a little skeptical that you could buy a piece of land with a slab for $6000, but couldn't put up a simple roof for $1500.

Not surprisingly, there were also a handful of photos of local men working construction on the slab. John was "supervising".

"FieldChurch of Dreams"

If you build it, they will come.

Starring John Shrader.

Music by John Shrader.

Directed by John Shrader.

Scriptwriter, John Shrader.

Cinematography, John Shrader.

Set design, John Shrader.

Set construction, Zambians.

Catering, Esther Shrader.

Wardrobe, Esther Shrader.

Custodial services, Esther Shrader.

I think it's highly effective to report your missionary work by posting pictures of yourself standing around with a stupid grin on your face, watching those you came to serve working up a sweat on your project.

Is it just me or has John put on weight since moving to Zambia. His face seems fuller then it was when they lived in the pop up camper.

"FieldChurch of Dreams"

If you build it, they will come.

Starring John Shrader.

Music by John Shrader.

Directed by John Shrader.

Scriptwriter, John Shrader.

Cinematography, John Shrader.

Set design, John Shrader.

Set construction, Zambians.

Catering, Esther Shrader.

Wardrobe, Esther Shrader.

Custodial services, Esther Shrader.

:laughing-rolling:

I have to respectfully disagree with these credits. There is no way in hell that John Shrader would put all that work into an autobiographical movie about his life. His father's church would probably have to donate a director, producer and star for him.

the landlord may very well be demon possessed!

Landlords get that way when people don't pay their rent.

I hope the new residence/church isn't close to a mosque for the sake of the neighbors. John might start playing the accordion or his new keyboard really loudly to drown out the oh-so-demonic call to prayer he complained about before.

I hope the family that donated $5000 could easily afford it and they aren't making any huge sacrifices for John Shrader, Missionary Extraordinaire (like making the children go hungry or forgoing heat for the winter.)

I realize that the helpmeets get endless suggestions, but I must suggest "demon possessed landlord" as a post count title.

It is done. :wink-kitty:

I hope the family that donated $5000 could easily afford it and they aren't making any huge sacrifices for John Shrader, Missionary Extraordinaire (like making the children go hungry or forgoing heat for the winter.)

John mentioned that the person in question was a doctor who treated him as a small child, so hopefully he's too old at this point to have young children depending on him.

Yes, MMM. I agree. I think the point I was trying to make was that John Shrader is an exceptionally bad "missionary" even among Fundie "conversion-only or conversion-by-tract" types. The worst type in my book.

I've browsed quite a few blogs by IFB missionaries to Africa (sorry I don't have them bookmarked) and they all seem to do more than John and survive with far fewer luxury items. John happy-claps about distributing a few of his tracts and having a handful of converts. I think following Rea now he is in Zambia may demonstrate how little John has done even with all his expensive toys. (BTW, has he found the key to the plane yet?)

John is a greedy, needy, never-ending money pit. He was dropped by his first sending church, which people with more knowledge than I about IFB missionaries say is almost unheard of (they'll correct me if I'm wrong about that.) He has a very low conversion rate for the time he has been there and the taint of "doctrinal difference" should be following him.

I've always said that John has to be quite charismatic in person given his exceptional success at grifting. He left Rea in the dust at that.

IFB missionaries don't all seem to be church planters only. His donors could be sending their dollars to other missionaries and far more worthy causes. There is an IFB family in Zambia who run an orphanage in a renovated motel, for example. So there are alternatives to John's high-faluting church planting, sanctimonious toilet paper littering, starting a "right" kind of Christianity bible school only scam.

I'm really surprised they haven't all figured out that he is a greedy non-productive money pit yet and cut him off.

You always say what I am thinking....

So...let's see. John moves his family from pop-up camper Stateside to Zambian rental #1. He moves family and belongings to rental house-on-the-hill #2. Has falling out with landlord and declares her to be demon-possessed. Prepares to move family to Kafue dwelling #3. All in just under, what--a year and a half?

John, maybe you'll find a house where the landlord's demons have been exorcised, a grifted washer and dryer shipped from the States will fit inside, no mosques or unbiblical Christian churches are within earshot, and a post office is close enough for him to pick up care packages of US jerky and sunflower seeds. That, and room for his Bible display case. *cue heavenly harp music*

It is done. :wink-kitty:

Thanks HA!

Could you please head on over to the Spanky Sproul and Ashley Madison thread now?

If "Only online to help my aging parents" doesn't become a post count title I will be a very sad panda.

John's giving Jill Rodrigues a run for her money in the overuse of exclamation points.

And:

We are having to move from the "house on the hill" as the landlord may very well be demon possessed! I've been amazed to see the behavior and actions of this woman!

I want details, John. What did she do -- actually expect you to pay the rent or something?

:laughing-rolling:

I have to respectfully disagree with these credits. There is no way in hell that John Shrader would put all that work into an autobiographical movie about his life. His father's church would probably have to donate a director, producer and star for him.

And I will respectfully disagree with some of your changes. This is obviously John's show and only he can be the star! He will allow the others (producer, director, screenwriter, etc) to do all the real work while he sits in his dressing room giving interviews to the media for his adoring fans. :wink-kitty:

And I will respectfully disagree with some of your changes. This is obviously John's show and only he can be the star! He will allow the others (producer, director, screenwriter, etc) to do all the real work while he sits in his dressing room giving interviews to the media for his adoring fans. :wink-kitty:

Honestly, giving interviews is too much work for John. He will still find some way to be the star - perhaps by having people give interviews about how wonderful he is, while he is "supervising".

John's giving Jill Rodrigues a run for her money in the overuse of exclamation points.

And:

I want details, John. What did she do -- actually expect you to pay the rent or something?

Isn't this the house that John paid money to have finished? Landlord probably wants to move in herself! :roll:

John's memeing himself :lol: Also, I guess you can spell made up words however you want, but I don't think that's how prayerlessness is supposed to be written.

post-418-14452000807257_thumb.jpg

So, his congregation of the church he has planted is very excited, a they got a deal on the land and everything, and the baptistery was built first (right after that donation box)

Did he ever say anything about it having a drain? John wouldn't be the one tasked with keeping it clean, so I could see him overlooking that detail. :?

He doesn't even quote himself well.

So I guess John believes that abortion (I assume that's what he's alluding to in the meme with the image of the dolls in the garbage bag) is live babies being killed and thrown into the garbage. His response to this and advice to others is 'Stop taking action! Just pray more!'. Which is a really odd thing to say to his primarily American Christian audience considering that across the United States they just had that Protest Planned Parenthood day a couple weeks ago. Also, March for Life had a really big DC turnout this past year. He really doesn't know how to 'read a room' does he?

:ew: at the memes.

In his arrogance he can't read a room but he can't spell either. Normally I'd let that pass, but if he's going to start creating memes ...

John, it is prayerlessness and fervent. You are welcome.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived