IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

I love how he never actually said what was in the package. You know it was something completely useless...if it were actually "ministry materials" he would bring it up, just to show how hard it is to get his work done :roll:

I vote it was the rake.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! You know these people are just jerking John around, right? :lol:

Um, no, Brother Bonner. John doesn't need to dress up and take a Bible to present to the people who might have the package. He needs to take some crisp American dollars with him. Just watch the package magically appear!

How stupid is John to have anything shipped to him from China, anyway? Did he learn nothing from his cargo shipment fiasco when they moved to Zambia? (Broken piano.)

No Zambian is going to be in a hurry or give a flip about locating a package for a pasty-looking foreign-nerd who isn't flashing cash. (I say this because I've had this same experience in a third world country.)

Heck, if he's really desperate, find out who the main person in charge is, invite him out for a really nice dinner, and see if that package doesn't surface the next day.

I hate how he sounds like he's SO experienced and tries to teach the non-missionaries what life is REALLY like. John, I SOOOOOO want to tell you off and make you realize how humble you ARE NOT, but then you'd boot me off your FB page. I can't have that happen because I love to snark on you too much. :nenner:

I have to add: Why oh why can't John just learn to live with the resources right there in Kafue and Lusaka? Missionaries aren't mean to hold a higher standard of living than those they minister to. Or didn't he think about that ahead of time?

Nevermind.

We all know the answer to that. :pull-hair:

Does John do anything besides write long Facebook posts? I really think Facebook is his mission field.

Anyway, the latest is this:

Miraculously Provided Men's Mentorship and Ministry House!

I think these are getting worse, but I'm sure he views them as clever.

There are pictures of people who are not John working on this men's ministry house.

Starting a new ministry from scratch is quite a challenge in a new place, new land, with new customs, and no church, no help (at first), no friends near us, or existing ministry to be a part of...the list goes on and on.

So shit got hard when he pissed off his sending church and got kicked off his team?

As I've said before, we are not here to pay pastors and build buildings. It was heartbreaking to recently see a beautiful church building (formerly I F.B.), long abandoned by the missionaries, and which is now basically a Charasmatic church.

So what the fuck are you doing building a building, John. And aren't you a pastor who is getting paid?

That being a clear position, we still have felt liberty of the Lord to see a beginning work established which will be an anchor point out from which we will work in the future (but never pay a pastor. That will be the church's responsibility).

So that clears it up a bit, he isn't going to use any of his money to pay a Zambian pastor, that money is all his. If a pastor in Zambian wants to get paid then Zambians will be responsible for that. He didn't invest all that time into grifting to share the money.

God has without a doubt set His approval upon His ministry here starting from Kafue and already targeting Burundi and beyond, as He continues to bring us men to train (currently working with more than a dozen men on a weekly basis, with four of those men currently training for full time ministry, and two of those four having been led to Christ under this ministry!), miraculously providing by giving us property, a steel structure roof, and now the funds to build this Miracle Ministry Men's Mentorship House!

So even though he said he wasn't going to build buildings, he is building buildings. Though technically he isn't since he just stands around watching others work.

Apparently they are moving out of the "house on the hill" with the demon possessed land lady. You would think that John would have tried to save her soul him being a missionary and all. :shifty-kitty:

God, I am confused! As an RC, we expected our priests to have been at least educated in the theology of our faith. My parish priests when I was very young entered the seminary at 14, and emerged at 24 - not a bad education. As I got older, they entered at either 18 or 22, and then spent a minimum of 5 years deciding if they had a calling, and studying in case they had.I've met some poor priests, but never an uneducated one!

So many fundies, evangelicals , and various others I have no name for, just seem to appoint themselves as pastors/priests. They have no accredited theological education, no secular education, nothing but their own arrogance to make them an authority in Christ. It is the SHEER ARROGANCE of their claims to have the only right answers, whilst contradicting so many biblical verses (especially with regard to the role of women)which enrages me. I know that in the US (which seems to have a high percentage of the (nutters))it is very easy to claim to be a church. Can we agitate for a minimum level of theological studies before you get tax exemption?

Some kind of overview, so that the taxpayers are not supporting random "believers"?

By the way, in the UK there is no separation of church and state - the Sovereign is head of both state and Church of England. But no churches are exempt from taxes: at present, the CofE is asking for relief on its tax bill.

ETA really do not understand how any random person can proclaim themself a "pastor" with no true theological training..............

Continues to Confound with his Crappy CYA Commentary:

Starting a new ministry from scratch is quite a challenge in a new place, new land, with new customs, and no church, no help (at first), no friends near us, or existing ministry to be a part of...the list goes on and on.
In other words, "Don't blame me that nothing is getting done. It's hard being a missionary!"

John worked! He posted a picture to prove it!

Wiped out from Working...but Wonderful Words!!

Those wonderful words?

My wife commented tonight, after seeing me come from working and hearing the comment, "Well right now, you're pretty much black on the outside as well as the inside!"

Time to go get cleaned up I believe.

:shock:

Rodrick also told him he is black on thie inside. Just like Jesus became human to reach us, John is assimilating into the local culture to reach souls. :?

:disgust:

Those wonderful words?

My wife commented tonight, after seeing me come from working and hearing the comment, "Well right now, you're pretty much black on the outside as well as the inside!"

Rodrick also told him he is black on thie inside. Just like Jesus became human to reach us, John is assimilating into the local culture to reach souls. :?

:disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

Patronising, anyone?

Those wonderful words?

Lol!!! At first I thought Esther was angry and telling him he had a black heart but esther never gets mad, does s he

Those wonderful words?

Oh dear god he's going to go all Rachel Dolezal on us, isn't he?

John is just getting crazier and crazier.

And when you realize that that the Greek word for "witchcraft" in Galatians 5:20 is "pharmakeia", from which we get the English word Pharmacy...

Drugs give demonic influence easier access to the mind (the fact they are FDA approved and legal is meaningless). The occult, satan worship, rock music, and drugs have always gone hand in hand

:pink-shock:

A comment on that post:

Drugs are at the bottom of witchcraft around the world. Some are 'sophisticated' and some are primitive...all have the same effect...taking people far from God. (I am not saying I am against all drugs...but I do agree we are a very over medicated society)

Perhaps this explains his "demon possessed" landlady, she was just taking some prescription medication and that is clearly witchcraft.

Wow, that's pretty crazy.

I really hope nothing bad ever happens to those poor children - they will get no real medicine.

I also think if John were sick, he'd see a doctor and take what was perscribed.

Yet another FB post.

Bible taught to Builder Banda by Burundian Brother, Banner Day, Building to Box Level, and Biblical Books in Kafue?!

If you don't want to read through his mindless drivel, here is the short version:

Bible taught to Builder Banda by Burundian Brother

Arcade annoyed the guy who is building John's building by telling him he isn't a real Christian and the guy finally is letting Arcade talk about the Bible.

Banner Day

They had a 57 people at church. Over half were children.

Building to Box Level

They are at box level for the men's ministry building.

Biblical Books in Kafue?!

Zambia is full of awful books but John found some good biblical ones. It is really shocking because most of the books in Zambia are junk. He also witnessed to the guy selling the books.

He has turned into Jill Rod. in that he signs his posts with various signatures to try and make himself sound more spiritual.

Praising, Praying, Witnessing, Discipling, Serving, Printing, and Loving Living in Zambia!

Bro. John Shrader

Whinging, Begging, Spectating, Bootlicking, Smarming, Consuming Conspicuously,and Loving the Grift in Zambia

FIFY, 'Bro.'John

Babbling Blowhard (and Barebacking Baptist) Backhands Biblical Bashfulness like a Butthole.

John is single handedly killing my lifelong love of alliteration :(

John just looks obnoxious in every single picture. From the pictures it looks like he wears his "African" shirt over his shirt and tie when he preaches even though all the other men are just dressed in regular clothes. I suspect John wants to stand out, not blend in with the population.

He also paid $40 for a book to give as a gift to another missionary. I wonder how many hungry people could have been paid with that $40.

Whinging, Begging, Spectating, Bootlicking, Smarming, Consuming Conspicuously,and Loving the Grift in Zambia

FIFY, 'Bro.'John

Next thread title haha!

The ABCs of Alliteration, According to John the Baptist...Faux Missionary

Affected Accent Absolutely Annihilates Any Aspect of Anyone Actually Anticipating Authentic African Assimilation

Boasting Blowhard Building Baptismal Becomes Black

Conservative Closeminded "Church-man" Can't Comprehend Converting Christianized Culture

Donations Down, Daddy! Demand Double the Dollar!

Esther Envisions Eventually Escaping Enigmatic Environment

Foreign Food unFit for Fat-headed Fundie Family-man

Go Grift Goodies and Gifts

Hungry Husband Hoards Hamburger Helper

Isn't Implementing Indigenous Icons, Idioms, and Inoculations, Incredibly...

John's Just a Jocular Jerk

Kan't Kafue Karry Keuring, Krups, Kenmore, KMart, or Krispy Kreme?

Locals Laugh at Languishing Legalist Lunatic's Laziness in Lusaka

Malarial Mosquitos Munch on Missionary Man Ministering with Mostly Minimal Monetary Means

Needy Nerd Needs New Neckties, Now

Oils Only Operate on Overly-zealous

Pretending Package Possibly Pinched, Prideful Preacher Proselytizes Potential Parishioners

Quit the Quackery!

Rock-n-Roll Really Repels Righteous Reverence

Somebody Selfishly Stifled Sacrificial Support

Time to Trample on Tracts Today

Ultimately Undoing Unbiblical, Unrighteous Upbringing

Visas Vile, Vaccinations Venomous

White Wacko Witnesses While Wife Woefully Watches

Xpect Xtraordinary Xplanations? Xactly.

Yearning for Your Yen

Zambians, we are Zo Zorry. (He'Z not representing uZ.)

Couldn't help noticing from his latest missive:

What a wonderful day we had in the Lord! The singing was enthusiastic, the preaching was blessed and empowered by the Holy Spirit, and the fellowship was so sweet. Roderick did a great job interpreting for me as Bro. Kennedy was preaching again in Lusaka West.

So, if he's relying on an interpreter, he's not "preaching" to English speakers, right? I guess I've been too optimistic in assuming that he would have made some effort to learn at least some of the local language by now. I mean, even Jill and Derrick are taking language lessons...

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived