IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose *cringe*

happy atheist

Erika just isn't a pet person. She should just embrace it like she has the fact that she's not a kid person. Oh wait... :lol:

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wasnt the unschooling discussion in this one? few pages before :lol:

Not that I can see. We've talked about conceal/open carry, her "Productively Occupying 3-Year-Old Boys" post, and her wishing to incorporate a foreign language into the SOTDRT. But interesting post anyway. Erika is definitely NOT unschooling. Unschooling sounds like the opposite of having a strict schedule to me. You may be thinking of the Nauglers/Stanleys. I wonder what Erika would make of them. I mean, we snark on how tiny her house is and how it seems wrong to stuff her nine kids in those tiny rooms.. but at least the Shupes have a solid roof over their heads and four solid walls, plus their own beds. The Nauglers don't have that. Plus, they (Nauglers) live in absolute filth. Oh, I bet Erika would be a Naugler leghumper, but inside she'd be shuddering at their living conditions. It's the complete opposite of her life.

So Erika had the kids string cereal to makes necklaces? THAT'S NOT WHAT CEREAL IS FOR! CEREAL IS FOR EATING ONLY!!! Erika has completely gone off the deep end. What's next? Using laundry baskets for something other than laundry? :o Heaven help us!

So Erika had the kids string cereal to makes necklaces? THAT'S NOT WHAT CEREAL IS FOR! CEREAL IS FOR EATING ONLY!!! Erika has completely gone off the deep end. What's next? Using laundry baskets for something other than laundry? :o Heaven help us!

I've heard of making pictures with dried pasta (i.e. gluing dried pasta to brightly-coloured paper) but only as a nursery-school (think preschool/pre-K) activity. Not for kids who are highschoolers. Cereal jewelry isn't the same as sweets jewelry (ie those edible necklaces of Love Hearts-type sweets you can get). Cereal necklaces are one of Erika's ways of making homeschool fun. It seems very, very odd. Especially as an activity for a 17-year-old's birthday party.

From the FB page:

We only use it for a dessert to play with once in a while because it's fun for the kids. ;)

CEREAL IS NOT DESSERT, ERIKA. If a friend of mine were to offer to bring dessert and then bring a bunch of Froot Loops, I would not be impressed.

I've heard of making pictures with dried pasta (i.e. gluing dried pasta to brightly-coloured paper) but only as a nursery-school (think preschool/pre-K) activity. Not for kids who are highschoolers. Cereal jewelry isn't the same as sweets jewelry (ie those edible necklaces of Love Hearts-type sweets you can get). Cereal necklaces are one of Erika's ways of making homeschool fun. It seems very, very odd. Especially as an activity for a 17-year-old's birthday party.

From the FB page:

CEREAL IS NOT DESSERT, ERIKA. If a friend of mine were to offer to bring dessert and then bring a bunch of Froot Loops, I would not be impressed.

I can think of only one acceptable Fruit Loop Dessert: http://replicatorinc.com/blog/2012/01/d ... uit-flies/ I've made these and they are delicious!

:pink-shock: I never noticed the four toes. Judging by the outfits, I thought it might be one of the twins... but then I checked out other albums and both twins have the full set of ten toes. I don't know if it's a weird angle in the photo or not. Absolutely not something to be ashamed of, but a very, very odd photo.

The chair photo with the feet is definitely one of the twins. If you look through the album, you can see they're wearing the same pale peachy-pink linen dress as the girl in the photo. I wonder if both twins are missing a toe... they're identical, aren't they? Suppose it's still possible they developed differently in the Shupe waiting womb.

I don't think the kid in the picture is missing a toe. I think she just hooked her second toe of her left foot behind the big toe of the right foot.

The chair photo with the feet is definitely one of the twins. If you look through the album, you can see they're wearing the same pale peachy-pink linen dress as the girl in the photo. I wonder if both twins are missing a toe... they're identical, aren't they? Suppose it's still possible they developed differently in the Shupe waiting womb.

But I've seen other FB albums of the twins, and they both appear to have five toes per foot. Eg this one at Christmas:

facebook.com/LargeFamiliesOnPurpose/photos/a.834565656586537.1073741858.171658456210597/834566376586465/?type=3&theater

This just makes it doubly mysterious, though.

Shupe waiting womb... great pun, withaj!!

ETA: That does appear to be a possibility, DutchGirl. She did a very good job of completely hiding the toe, though.

Yeah so I see what looks like 5 toes per foot on each twin in that photo... but looking at the chair photo, that left foot still looks like it has 4 toes to me, even considering the possibility the 5th is hiding. Maybe a freak accident in the Shupe household? *wink*

Slightly off topic. Taco Bell is selling some type of something made with Cap'n Crunch.

omg I saw that. It looks like toxic waste. None for me, thanks. And I say that as a person who will eat damn near anything with sugar in it.

Yeah so I see what looks like 5 toes per foot on each twin in that photo... but looking at the chair photo, that left foot still looks like it has 4 toes to me, even considering the possibility the 5th is hiding. Maybe a freak accident in the Shupe household? *wink*

I thought too about an accident, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of scarring/injury. There'd also be a gap where the toe was, which there doesn't appear to be. Looking at the photo closely, the skin on the sole of the foot appears to be taut/looks like it's being pulled. There's a deepish line/groove under the big toe, which adds credit to the theory of that second toe being hidden., It sounds weird, you'd have to look at the photo closely to get what I mean.

ETA: I can't believe I've spent so long peering closely at a photo of a foot. Good grief!

From the FB page:

Not to be too Erikasque, but those cereals are diabetes-inflicting levels of sugary nonsense. I would NEVER bring that cereal as a dessert to share, but there've been times when my daughter has a bowl of sugary cereal as dessert. I don't even like to buy that stuff, but my mother enjoys spoiling her only granddaughter when she visits. She'll buy some variety pack with single servings and I'll let her have some as an occasional treat. When either Grandma's in charge, though, all bets are off. My kid can play those ladies like a fiddle. :lol:

ETA: I agree that the four-toed foot belongs to one of the twins and is just twisted/positioned awkwardly. It is quite the bizarre photo to include in a birthday album.

omg I saw that. It looks like toxic waste. None for me, thanks. And I say that as a person who will eat damn near anything with sugar in it.

I read about that. Is it bay area only? Also. Taco bell should be fined and jailed for its crimes against food.

Fruit Loops are absolutely dessert. They certainly aren't meant for breakfast.

I hate Froot Loops. Even as a child I hated them. They are just so awful.

I hate Froot Loops. Even as a child I hated them. They are just so awful.

I hate all breakfast cereal. I can't decide which is the worst though. Maybe fruity pebbles?

I hate all breakfast cereal. I can't decide which is the worst though. Maybe fruity pebbles?

Agreed. Both of those are yuck. I'm not a fan of sugary breakfast foods. I like Lucky Charms a couple of times a year, and occasionally something cinnamon-y, but mostly I'm a plain Cheerios and Chex kind of person.

Agreed. Both of those are yuck. I'm not a fan of sugary breakfast foods. I like Lucky Charms a couple of times a year, and occasionally something cinnamon-y, but mostly I'm a plain Cheerios and Chex kind of person.

I love Lucky Charms (do you think they are served at Hogwarts?)

A couple of years ago I sent my brother a box of Lucky Charm marshmallows. Spent three hours going through five boxes of cereal. Totally worth it.m

I admit it - I could easily clean out a box of Cookie Crisp!

Archived