IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose *cringe*

happy atheist

ZOMG. Was it an FJ'ite? It was I that said someone needed to a few pages back. I second hoping that Brandon gets checked out, as well as Anna Marie (for a learning disability). All the kids really should be checked over thoroughly for marks.

Also they need to look in their bedrooms considering you'd never be allowed to adopt nor foster with their house arranged as it is. There's no way in hell those bedrooms aren't fire hazards.

CPS doesn't care about sleeping arrangements of biological children (or even children once they are legally adopted). Sadly, I know of one family that is abusive towards their kids. Their grandmother is a friend of mine and they are now isolating the kids and not letting her see them. Knowing something had to be done, I contacted a social worker that I know (in a different county from the abuse) and asked if they could investigate based on the sleeping arrangements as they have 5 kids crammed into a two bedroom trailer and a couple of the kids are forced to sleep in a bathroom without a proper window. The social worker said that, sadly, that would not be considered a valid reason to investigate. She was disgusted by it but said that the system is not concerned with sleeping arrangements if you have full custody. (She was helpful in giving me a list of things to look for/document in order to have an iron-clad case to have CPS take any complaints by family or friends seriously, so that is where we are at now.)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CPS doesn't care about sleeping arrangements of biological children (or even children once they are legally adopted). Sadly, I know of one family that is abusive towards their kids. Their grandmother is a friend of mine and they are now isolating the kids and not letting her see them. Knowing something had to be done, I contacted a social worker that I know (in a different county from the abuse) and asked if they could investigate based on the sleeping arrangements as they have 5 kids crammed into a two bedroom trailer and a couple of the kids are forced to sleep in a bathroom without a proper window. The social worker said that, sadly, that would not be considered a valid reason to investigate. She was disgusted by it but said that the system is not concerned with sleeping arrangements if you have full custody. (She was helpful in giving me a list of things to look for/document in order to have an iron-clad case to have CPS take any complaints by family or friends seriously, so that is where we are at now.)

Yeah, unfortunately in our overburdened system whether you're gonna kill your legal children doesn't matter. Why don't we hold biological parents to the same standards as adopted ones? Because something like 70% of biological parents would never pass muster for the green light to adopt.

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/03/large-family-organization-creating-food.html

Then one day when I went to put something away in the coat closet near the kitchen the Lord gave me a vision for turning that closet into a pantry! I was beside myself with excitement at the idea! God has always been so faithful to show us how to fit our large family in to this small 1100 sq/ft house.

Italics hers, bolding mine. I misread that as "excrement." Somehow it's fitting!

Also how pathetic that she gets an idea, but doesn't understand she can get ideas without saying the lawd put it there for her stupid little self to find.

Where is the CPS mention?

It's on Erika's FB page. In the comments on the post about occupying your 3 year old boy. Someone says "Sorry about CPS showing up at your house. You don't deserve that." Something along those lines.

Ugh. She's stuck up yet ANOTHER thing about Scamaritan. She's posted quite a few of those. Always to do with the Jeubs. Yeah, THOSE Jeubs, who kicked out their eldest girls for being rebellious. One of Erika's first posts on the LFoP Facebook page was "Wendy Jeub is in labor! Yeah!" What a weird-ass post.

Ugh. She's stuck up yet ANOTHER thing about Scamaritan. She's posted quite a few of those. Always to do with the Jeubs. Yeah, THOSE Jeubs, who kicked out their eldest girls for being rebellious. One of Erika's first posts on the LFoP Facebook page was "Wendy Jeub is in labor! Yeah!" What a weird-ass post.

:lol: Kind of sums up the LFoP Blog.

New to all the fundie snark (started with duggars, then Jill R, still learning) and new to the PNW, and now I have a deep desire to see this woman out and about.

Welcome to Occupied Cascadia, neighbor!

:lol: Kind of sums up the LFoP Blog.

Thing is, as others have said, some of her tips are good. It's great to have an organised house, some kind of routine, etc, but the way she goes about things is just crazy. I also think weird-ass is a little too mild for LFoP and Erika... crazy whackadoodle is nearer the mark... :cray-cray:

Thing is, as others have said, some of her tips are good. It's great to have an organised house, some kind of routine, etc, but the way she goes about things is just crazy. I also think weird-ass is a little too mild for LFoP and Erika... crazy whackadoodle is nearer the mark... :cray-cray:

I agree about organization, I love it. There is just something off in Erika's Look-at-me-world-smile. I also get the sense she isn't very nice to her oldest daughters. I could be making stuff up. :shrug:

Maybe Erika is preemptively looking for some moral support and solidarity with a like-minded family before her own eldest girls inevitably escape/are kicked out for rebellion...

I agree about organization, I love it. There is just something off in Erika's Look-at-me-world-smile. I also get the sense she isn't very nice to her oldest daughters. I could be making stuff up. :shrug:

For her eldest daughter's 17th birthday, Erika just posted on the LFOP FB about four ways they're celebrating it. The first one pictured looks super fun - Fruit Loop[tm][/tm] necklace making! With prizes for *gasp* creativity (I thought the only intended purpose of colorful sugar cereal was eating while playing Nintendo back in the day, but that's a whole other post). Seriously, the seven year olds at the party look like they're having a great time. :roll:

For her eldest daughter's 17th birthday, Erika just posted on the LFOP FB about four ways they're celebrating it. The first one pictured looks super fun - Fruit Loop[tm][/tm] necklace making! With prizes for *gasp* creativity (I thought the only intended purpose of colorful sugar cereal was eating while playing Nintendo back in the day, but that's a whole other post). Seriously, the seven year olds at the party look like they're having a great time. :roll:

I don't get why that was a 17 year old's birthday party. Froot Loop necklaces? Seriously? When I turned 17, I went on a little trip with my mother. I'm so glad she didn't make me craft necklaces out of florescent sugary children's cereal.

Age appropriate birthday celebrations: Reason #5493 I'm glad I'm not a Shupe daughter.

This is what happens when you aren't allowed to make friends with people your own age. You have to take part in things designed for all age groups, including four-year-olds. I mean, I wouldn't mind doing that kinda thing occasionally... but I also have friends my own age. Karen has no option.

Looks like Karen wants to study cosmetology (not cosmotology, Erika) and be a beautician before marriage/kids. She also "gets" to stay at her grandparents' house for two nights. Overall, it sounds like she's getting lots of 'events'. Not sure when her actual birthday is... is it today, or something? IDK.

Also, Froot Loop necklaces are one of Erika's ways of adding fun to her homeschool. Erika doesn't usually allow sugary cereal, or much sugar in general.

ETA: I've looked at the whole album. WHY is there a random photo of someone's feet whilst they're kneeling on a chair???

facebook.com/LargeFamiliesOnPurpose/photos/a.943104615732640.1073741875.171658456210597/943105472399221/?type=3&theater

This is what happens when you aren't allowed to make friends with people your own age. You have to take part in things designed for all age groups, including four-year-olds. I mean, I wouldn't mind doing that kinda thing occasionally... but I also have friends my own age. Karen has no option.

Looks like Karen wants to study cosmetology (not cosmotology, Erika) and be a beautician before marriage/kids. She also "gets" to stay at her grandparents' house for two nights. Overall, it sounds like she's getting lots of 'events'. Not sure when her actual birthday is... is it today, or something? IDK.

Also, Froot Loop necklaces are one of Erika's ways of adding fun to her homeschool. Erika doesn't usually allow sugary cereal, or much sugar in general.

ETA: I've looked at the whole album. WHY is there a random photo of someone's feet whilst they're kneeling on a chair???

facebook.com/LargeFamiliesOnPurpose/photos/a.943104615732640.1073741875.171658456210597/943105472399221/?type=3&theater

WHY is there a random photo of a four toed left foot? I mean, it not at all something to be ashamed of but to show a close up of that one foot, out of all the feet at that party for no good purpose is just strange.

Did you notice the teenaged daughter from the other family? She is completely, totally over this whole "families as friends" religion thing. She doesn't play the reindeer games, she's perfected a first class sulk. She and Erika wouldn't last 10 minutes in the same house as mother and daughter.

The teenaged "family friend" is completely bored, if not disgusted with party. The older Shupe girls seem oblivious. I hope she had a few minutes alone with them to say wtf??

WHY is there a random photo of a four toed left foot? I mean, it not at all something to be ashamed of but to show a close up of that one foot, out of all the feet at that party for no good purpose is just strange.

Did you notice the teenaged daughter from the other family? She is completely, totally over this whole "families as friends" religion thing. She doesn't play the reindeer games, she's perfected a first class sulk. She and Erika wouldn't last 10 minutes in the same house as mother and daughter.

:pink-shock: I never noticed the four toes. Judging by the outfits, I thought it might be one of the twins... but then I checked out other albums and both twins have the full set of ten toes. I don't know if it's a weird angle in the photo or not. Absolutely not something to be ashamed of, but a very, very odd photo.

Erika is looney tunes if she thinks stringing fruit loops on dental floss is a teen activity. Melanie seems super into it though so what do I know? Erika has said this is their go-to desert when it's their turn to bring one to a get together. Cereal and dental floss? If I was over 8 years old at that get together, I'd be pissed. And the kids measuring their fruit loop snakes on the floor? Gross.

Why did the girl with the Seahawk-color Froot Loop necklace win first prize if sports are ebul?

Why did the girl with the Seahawk-color Froot Loop necklace win first prize if sports are ebul?

Erika probably finds that very creative.

The teenaged "family friend" is completely bored, if not disgusted with party. The older Shupe girls seem oblivious. I hope she had a few minutes alone with them to say wtf??

I noticed that too. I was lol'ing - she is counting the days to her 18th birthday. Hope the older Shupe girls will escape with her too.

A few questions: When did they get birds? Those creatures can be pretty messy, and we know how Erika feels about messes.

Where's Happy? She hasn't mentioned rehoming yet another dog, but she is a terrible person. She could have. Could she have rehomed yet another dog and decided to go with a caged animal instead?

A few questions: When did they get birds? Those creatures can be pretty messy, and we know how Erika feels about messes.

Where's Happy? She hasn't mentioned rehoming yet another dog, but she is a terrible person. She could have. Could she have rehomed yet another dog and decided to go with a caged animal instead?

Happy's under a chair in one of the photos. Yeah, GREAT idea for such a tiny breed as a Shih Tzu to be UNDER A CHAIR when there are loads of little kids around making noise.

Here's the photo: facebook.com/LargeFamiliesOnPurpose/photos/a.943104615732640.1073741875.171658456210597/943105315732570/?type=3&theater

The kid in the yellow t-shirt is Riley, I think. You can see Happy by Riley's leg.

They got the birds a while ago, actually. Erika posted an album of them back in May 2013. They're two parakeets- Ruffles and Smoothie. (Of course, the one called Smoothie is green. Erika LOVES the Maxwell Green Smoothies.) She said somewhere that she wasn't planning to let them out of their cage ever. That does not sound like a great idea to me.

Whay is the point of a bird if you never let them out?? Maybe not with small children but they are so smart and they need stimulation and showers. My parakeet sat on a bar in my shower while I showered and fluffed her feathers in the mist and sang. She sat on my shoulder when I did homework and ate kale from my hands. She was so fun I miss her (got cancer, unfortunately)

Happy's under a chair in one of the photos. Yeah, GREAT idea for such a tiny breed as a Shih Tzu to be UNDER A CHAIR when there are loads of little kids around making noise.

Here's the photo: facebook.com/LargeFamiliesOnPurpose/photos/a.943104615732640.1073741875.171658456210597/943105315732570/?type=3&theater

She said somewhere that she wasn't planning to let them out of their cage ever. That does not sound like a great idea to me.

Well, at least the dog is still around...

Keeping birds permanently caged? Sounds like she's practicing her childrearing techniques with them. No freedom, permanent prison, Erika the *beaming* jailer.

Archived