IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose *cringe*

happy atheist

I admit it - I could easily clean out a box of Cookie Crisp!

I remember eating CC with vanilla ice cream. So good. (I was 13. Everything could be different now.)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about that. Is it bay area only? Also. Taco bell should be fined and jailed for its crimes against food.

Fruit Loops are absolutely dessert. They certainly aren't meant for breakfast.

I used to have periodic (once or twice a year) cravings for Taco Bell, but the digestive crankiness every single time made me reconsider. And Moe's is better.

her posts read like an exaggerated script for a Tupperware hostess. *smile* I picture someone speaking with a normal expression and then on cue, *smile* the back to business. *smile*

This is what happens when you aren't allowed to make friends with people your own age. You have to take part in things designed for all age groups, including four-year-olds. I mean, I wouldn't mind doing that kinda thing occasionally... but I also have friends my own age. Karen has no option.

Looks like Karen wants to study cosmetology (not cosmotology, Erika) and be a beautician before marriage/kids. She also "gets" to stay at her grandparents' house for two nights. Overall, it sounds like she's getting lots of 'events'. Not sure when her actual birthday is... is it today, or something? IDK.

It seems like Erika could've set it up so that the little kids could make Froot Loop necklaces in one area, while the teenagers played board games or did makeovers (or whatever Karen thought would be fun) in another area, and then everyone could get together for cake toward the end of the party. I get that the Shupes have a bunch of little kids, and that the teenage friends have younger siblings, and it is nice to invite whole families, but that doesn't mean you have to treat everyone like a 4-year-old!

I love Lucky Charms (do you think they are served at Hogwarts?)

A couple of years ago I sent my brother a box of Lucky Charm marshmallows. Spent three hours going through five boxes of cereal. Totally worth it.m

I found out recently that you can buy just the marshmallows! Just do a search for "cereal marshmallows". For the bulk shoppers, Amazon has a 40 lb box of them for $178.34. :shock:

www.amazon.com/Dehydrated-Marshmallows-Assorted-40lb-Case/dp/B008DJR6HU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1439102990&sr=8-8&keywords=cereal+marshmallows

The reviews are almost as funny as the ones for that 55 gallon barrel of lube they sell.

It seems like Erika could've set it up so that the little kids could make Froot Loop necklaces in one area, while the teenagers played board games or did makeovers (or whatever Karen thought would be fun) in another area, and then everyone could get together for cake toward the end of the party. I get that the Shupes have a bunch of little kids, and that the teenage friends have younger siblings, and it is nice to invite whole families, but that doesn't mean you have to treat everyone like a 4-year-old!

Damn you Erika. and you too, Bob. Would it really be so bad if Karen, Melanie, and the other couple of girls were dropped off at the movies, and allowed to buy some popcorn, and be picked up afterwards? I'm including the picking up as I know damn well Erika wouldn't let them catch a bus or walk. Those poor kids, especially Karen, being treated the same as the four year olds for her seventeenth birthday.

Life in the Shupe borg collective really sucks.

I read about that. Is it bay area only? Also. Taco bell should be fined and jailed for its crimes against food.

Fruit Loops are absolutely dessert. They certainly aren't meant for breakfast.

I don't actually know if they're available here; I saw them on The Impulsive Buy and gave it a big fat nope just from their photos. Found the post and they were tested in Bakersfield, so maybe they radiated out from there? http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpres ... -delights/

It's unfortunate, because I really like Cap'n Crunch; especially with crunch berries. :D

Agreed. Both of those are yuck. I'm not a fan of sugary breakfast foods. I like Lucky Charms a couple of times a year, and occasionally something cinnamon-y, but mostly I'm a plain Cheerios and Chex kind of person.

That's it. I'm putting all three of you on ignore. :lol:

That's it. I'm putting all three of you on ignore. [emoji38]

Not like it matters. We all know you just click the button to read anyway. [emoji4]

This is what happens when you aren't allowed to make friends with people your own age. You have to take part in things designed for all age groups, including four-year-olds. I mean, I wouldn't mind doing that kinda thing occasionally... but I also have friends my own age. Karen has no option.

Looks like Karen wants to study cosmetology (not cosmotology, Erika) and be a beautician before marriage/kids. She also "gets" to stay at her grandparents' house for two nights. Overall, it sounds like she's getting lots of 'events'. Not sure when her actual birthday is... is it today, or something? IDK.

Hmm, this gives me an idea. You think if we bundled up a book on cosmology and mailed it to her that Erika would give it to Karen without realizing the topic?

It's unfortunate, because I really like Cap'n Crunch; especially with crunch berries. :D

Peanut butter crunch FTW!!

I've been reading this thread, but have yet to fall down this rabbit hole. I finally have time now. Off to check out the crazy...

When I was a kid I liked the cereal bits in Lucky Charms and would pick out all the marshmallows. :lol:

now I stick to Honey Nut Cherries or Rice Crispies for my every day cereals and occasionally splurge on some Fruity Pebbles or Sugar Pops. When you reach 30 calories start to matter. :? :D

ETA: What a bitch Erika is for having this pre school activity at a 17 year olds party. I feel for her kids.

Maybe the oldest daughter could move in with the grandparents to "go to cosmetology school". One less body around to alleviate the children stacked like cordwood situation, but then she's also likely a great mother's helper/nanny/maid/substitute mother and all around dogs body, so maybe not. Wonder if she has a learner's permit or drivers license yet. What's sad is that the younger children who have an older sister as a substitute mom have a great loss when older sister moves out to get married or whatever route she chooses as an escape.

Edited to add that one of my secret sins is the chocolate crispy rice cereal at Whole Foods, with Mill-King milk. Mill-King is low temp pasteurized, cream on top, non homogenized milk, which is a close as you can get to raw, without being, actually raw, milk. It is insanely good, better than I thought milk could ever be. This is an every other month treat, because once it is in the house, I a go on a strict milk and cereal diet.

Maybe the oldest daughter could move in with the grandparents to "go to cosmetology school". One less body around to alleviate the children stacked like cordwood situation, but then she's also likely a great mother's helper/nanny/maid/substitute mother and all around dogs body, so maybe not. Wonder if she has a learner's permit or drivers license yet. What's sad is that the younger children who have an older sister as a substitute mom have a great loss when older sister moves out to get married or whatever route she chooses as an escape.

Edited to add that one of my secret sins is the chocolate crispy rice cereal at Whole Foods, with Mill-King milk. Mill-King is low temp pasteurized, cream on top, non homogenized milk, which is a close as you can get to raw, without being, actually raw, milk. It is insanely good, better than I thought milk could ever be. This is an every other month treat, because once it is in the house, I a go on a strict milk and cereal diet.

I don't think Erika's kids can start the driving process until the are 18. According to Erika, they have no need to drive before that. It's another tool in her controlling toolbox.

"I don't think Erika's kids can start the driving process until the are 18. According to Erika, they have no need to drive before that. It's another tool in her controlling toolbox."

Plus it saves money on classes and insurance. In Washington state you have to pass a drivers ed class to get your license before 18.

My contribution to the thread drift:

I LOVE Oops! All berries, and make sure I have a supply of it in the house. But I also do not eat it for breakfast. It's my after dinner, TV watching snack/dessert!

I don't think Erika's kids can start the driving process until the are 18. According to Erika, they have no need to drive before that. It's another tool in her controlling toolbox.

And even at 18, I think they have to have a sibling with them. Accountability, you know. :snooty:

Re the bolded, it does seem as though the children, especially the older girls Karen and Melanie, do the bulk of the child care, and cleaning. Erika presumably sits at the computer dreaming up ways to further repress her older children while scrutinising her schedules; trying to find an extra 5 or 10 minutes a day to keep everyone more productive and busy, so they don't become criminals or loose women in their spare time. Not that they really have any.

Those girls get to earn single jelly beans. An entire strand of cereal is probably an amazing treat! I mean, at that other birthday while camping, the birthday girl got a bag of taffy, but even that had to be shared. A whole string of cereal! Oh my! How exciting!

I love cereal, and go through one of those large plastic bags every couple days. Generic Lucky Charms, raisin bran, Cookie Crisp, you name it!

Hmm, this gives me an idea. You think if we bundled up a book on cosmology and mailed it to her that Erika would give it to Karen without realizing the topic?

When Mr. Cartmann99 was a graduate student, his university arranged for a well-known astronomer to come and give a talk. The day after the talk, the campus newspaper had a story about the famous astrologer who came to campus. :lol:

I don't think the cereal necklace idea is that crazy -- candy necklaces, either pre-bought or as an activity, were a big thing at birthday parties when I was a kid.

As for sweet cereal -- I never, ever, ever had any growing up -- sweetest I ever had was Honey Nut Cheerios on vacation, and I thought the milk got gross because of the sugar! I have plenty other food vices, but when it comes to cereal I'm a bran and granola kind of girl. Guess I should thank my parents for not getting me hooked on that one form of sugar, at least :lol:

Archived