IGNORED

Josiah Duggar - Part 3 Now with lost heart pieces

happy atheist

We had sugar babies. It was a 5 lb bag of sugar that we got to dress up. Still had to have someone watch it when you were not around. Mine slowly got lighter because my sister would take a spoonful of sugar from it each day as payment for babysitting it.

So your baby had 'failure to thrive?'

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm. It doesn't really seem like this is what God wants, now does it? How is this different from dating again?

I hope the leghumpers finally see the bullshit of courting for what it is.

Because if you never have un-monitored communication or unsupervised time together with your intended and can't touch them until you're engaged, you can TRULY know their heart and TRULY learn the virtues of self-control and respect for an individual's boundaries. /s

I'm not saying that fundies should all sign up for Tinder accounts and start having friends with benefits relationships, but courtship is utterly ridiculous and doesn't allow couples to really bond or actually get to know each other. And instead of teaching young men and women to set their own boundaries and respect their partner's boundaries, it just teaches that physical contact, no matter how innocent, is bad and impure until you put on a white dress and a pastor tells you it's magically OK to kiss and have sex now.

Has anyone else seen this? inquisitr.com/2469450/is-josiah-duggar-courting-marjorie-jackson-again-photos-show-the-pair-together-again/

i haven't seen it discussed on this thread yet! Do you guys think it's her? I can't tell from the photo (my eyes aren't that great!) It'd be interesting if they're back together in some form...

If it's really them I'm calling it "just friends" or perhaps a very loose courtship. Marj's parents probably donated to the Mission-cations and felt obliged to be there. I'm sure the TLC cameras helped in her decision to attend as well.

I totally thought she meant that she dressed up a tiny candy and was trying to figure out how her sister took spoonfuls. I'm not even British, but I watch a lot of DW. :lol:

Wasn't that banquet picture from when the Dullurds left to El Salvador the first time? So in June-July? They would've still been in a courtship then.

Though maybe Marjorie came running back when she heard they got specials again. :lol:

Jill and Derick had a "going away party" a couple days ago. The new pictures are from that.

In another one, I saw Jill talking to a woman that looked like Marjorie's mom and then Margorie is standing next to them...so she was definitely there.

I think it looks like Josiah in that photo but it's pretty blurry.

But I am going to go with 'just friends' for now.

Or, maybe now that Josh is in rehab, the Jacksons are giving the green light for the courtship to continue.

Maybe Marjorie's family was there because her Mom did the Dillard's Spanish tutoring? Wasn't that one of the excuses they used for why they came back?

Wasn't that banquet picture from when the Dullurds left to El Salvador the first time? So in June-July? They would've still been in a courtship then.

Though maybe Marjorie came running back when she heard they got specials again. :lol:

The post was from October 3rd and they said thank you for those who were able to join us last night.....

Wouldn't put it past her to become interested again with their rising visibility. I'm sure after thinking about it she's really missed Josiah and all.

We had sugar babies. It was a 5 lb bag of sugar that we got to dress up. Still had to have someone watch it when you were not around. Mine slowly got lighter because my sister would take a spoonful of sugar from it each day as payment for babysitting it.

Does a sugar baby get a sugar daddy?

I learned about suger babies from watching Doctor Who as a child.

I think Doctor Who mentioned Jelly Babies. They are a gummy candy in the UK. Sugar Babies are here in the U.S. (maybe elsewhere too?) and they are chocolate covered caramel (carmel) candies.

I know way too much about candy, apparently.

You're right clara. Sugarbabies are an older type candy here in the states. Jelly babies are like gummy bears. I've heard of them on DW and Coupling. My mistake.

My school used sugar babies too, for its child development class (which was in the Home Ec.realm). Every single year, there was always a girl, that got way too into it, and took it wayyyy too serious. One year, a girl made her sugar baby an outfit, that had arms and legs attached, so her sugar baby would have a body. There were lots of sugar babies in real baby clothes too.

I decided to skip that particular brand of crazy, and the easy A, and took auto maintenance instead (which was also an easy A, since my stepdad was (still is? he's retired now) a master mechanic, who taught me way more than the actual class).

I haven't thought about the robot baby in YEARS. Before the high-tech version came out, we had to babysit a raw egg for a week. Haul it around, make sure it didn't crack, keep it safe.

Yeah, both really horrid experiences. Thanks, S3, for bringing the fun back :lol:

Wouldn't an egg get really smelly and gross?

Karma - haha is it cruel I'm laughing about your kids tamagotchi dying? I'm the right age to have had one as a kid, I just never did. I had a neopet though. I think I have mine to a friend? That or it's dead. Whoops.

I'm nowhere near the end of this thread (it snuck up on me), but I wanted to comment on this. I'm loving the trend towards using stones other than diamonds. I really don't care for diamonds. They have no personality, and the risk that someone died over it is too high. My ring is a lab grown alexandrite, and I still catch myself admiring it years later (I had a pearl before, but they are too soft for long term wear. It got a flat side after a while). I also think it's dumb to expect someone to break themselves financially for jewelry. My bil was still paying off the engagement ring when divorce proceedings started. Also, if something happens, I can replace both bands for under $100. My mom always said that the bigger the rock, the more likely you are too accidentally throw it out with the ashes from the wood stove (this actually happened to a friend of hers).

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled snark.

I say family heirlooms for the win, if you have them!!! My engagement ring, which I got while we were grad students and soooo poor, is a big old diamond because it was my great grandmother's engagement ring stone too. We had it reset and it cost almost nothing. I'm not into jewelry at all, but I'm very into family history so it was perfect for me.

We did the mini-version of the robot baby in HS and just had to carry an egg around all day. I think the janitors were glad when that was over.

I had a robot baby. I babysat a whole lot so I wasn't particularly worried and thought it was pretty cool. Unfortunately, on my weekend to have the baby, the school decided to see if the batteries would last the whole weekend without recharging on Friday. My baby started crying in the middle of the night that Sunday and I held the key in but it never did the "enough, take the key out" cry. After an hour, I took the key out and it did nothing. The batteries had died. The next morning, at school, I turned my head wrong talking to my friend behind me and pinched something in my neck and it caused me to have a seizure or something in the middle of class. The health teacher came and got my dead baby (which I had apparently safely placed on the desk before seizing, I remember none of it) and I didn't see it again. The while class that weekend got C's because the babies died but I always thought that was bull because we weren't the ones that didn't charge them.

It was probably C's because they couldn't tell if it had been cared for or not. Still bs, but I bet that's why.

I had a robot baby. I babysat a whole lot so I wasn't particularly worried and thought it was pretty cool. Unfortunately, on my weekend to have the baby, the school decided to see if the batteries would last the whole weekend without recharging on Friday. My baby started crying in the middle of the night that Sunday and I held the key in but it never did the "enough, take the key out" cry. After an hour, I took the key out and it did nothing. The batteries had died. The next morning, at school, I turned my head wrong talking to my friend behind me and pinched something in my neck and it caused me to have a seizure or something in the middle of class. The health teacher came and got my dead baby (which I had apparently safely placed on the desk before seizing, I remember none of it) and I didn't see it again. The while class that weekend got C's because the babies died but I always thought that was bull because we weren't the ones that didn't charge them.

That is a sad robot baby story.... for you, and for them. :cry:

I can't even tell if that is Josiah in that pic. Here it is from the back and I think it is another Duggar?

facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pcb.720106978122954/720105648123087/?type=3&permPage=1

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived