IGNORED

Nathan and Ashley Salyer - Courtship

jinseng

1 hour ago, MorningMist said:

I can definitely see that that could have happened and it is a little suspicious but I get the impression that if it did fail, I think it would be more to do with Lawson than someone rejecting him. In the fundie world, he's a catch, and he doesn't seem to be wanting to enter a(nother) courtship any time soon. I would guess that he got close to it and got a major case of commitment issues.

He's only 23. I don't know if it's fair to diagnose him with commitment issues yet. In the regular world he'd be a dude who just graduated college, and no one would think twice if he didn't have a serious girlfriend and was just dating around.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

He's only 23. I don't know if it's fair to diagnose him with commitment issues yet. In the regular world he'd be a dude who just graduated college, and no one would think twice if he didn't have a serious girlfriend and was just dating around.

Commitment issues is the wrong phrase... I was thinking more along the lines of 'Ahhhh I don't want to be tied down yet better end this quickly'.

I apologise for the confusion, I didn't have my headship's guidance for my phrasing :P 

3 hours ago, MorningMist said:

Commitment issues is the wrong phrase... I was thinking more along the lines of 'Ahhhh I don't want to be tied down yet better end this quickly'.

I apologise for the confusion, I didn't have my headship's guidance for my phrasing :P 

Hehe, understood. "Justifiable commitment issues" shall we say?

5 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I'd go full fundy for Lawson.

He is not worth giving up rights and freedoms. 

8 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

He's not a bad looking guy, but he needs a sock and duct tape for his mouth.

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

He's probably one of the few good looking fundies I've seen and the fact that he's been working out a lot recently (or maybe he's just wearing tighter shirts) makes him even better. However, no amount of good looks or exercise can get rid of his 'godly' personality. 

56 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

and stop him from using social media... or any form of communication in general.

@MorningMist you are new here and I suggest you look at the archives for the defrauding pics of Nathan that Kelly shared.  Lawson's in it, but Nathan is covered in mud.  

8 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

@MorningMist you are new here and I suggest you look at the archives for the defrauding pics of Nathan that Kelly shared.  Lawson's in it, but Nathan is covered in mud.  

I have seen those pictures. I'm still recovering from being defrauded.

Fun story actually, that picture was what re-introduced me to the Bates properly. I'd seen them on 19KAC but didn't really think much of them and then that picture got posted on my instagram feed. I actually initially checked them out because I was excited that they seemed like they had broken away from the modesty codes and were the most unfundie fundie family I'd seen. Boy was I wrong.

Just now, MorningMist said:

Oh I have seen those pictures. I'm still recovering from being defrauded.

Fun story actually, that picture was what re-introduced me to the Bates properly. I'd seen them on 19KAC but didn't really think much of them and then that picture got posted on my instagram feed. I actually initially checked them out because I was excited that they seemed like they had broken away from the modesty codes and were the most unfundie fundie family I'd seen. Boy was I wrong.

Haven't you heard about the double standard?  Modesty is only for the girls.  Boys can dress however they want.

1 minute ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Haven't you heard about the double standard?  Modesty is only for the girls.  Boys can dress however they want.

Well that's because men give in to temptation so we have to cover up. Y'know because women are responsible for men not being able to control their own actions. Because women are responsible for men's sins. It makes total sense. :output_eeMbjt:

(In case I confused anyone, that was sarcasm, I don't actually believe that)

OMG, y'all!  That was totally tongue in cheek.  

Lawson is definitely hot, until he opens his mouth.  Or tweets or whatever.

On 4/28/2016 at 11:51 AM, daisyd681 said:

Do you mind my asking where in New Mexico? I was born in Española. There don't seem to be many New Mexicans here.

I grew primarily in Santa Fe and Vegas. We were just in Vegas for Easter/Spring Break, and my daughter has come back all Nortena...  I can't get her out of the boots she found in my niece's bedroom close. 

Just now, Marilla-Cuthbert2013 said:

I grew primarily in Santa Fe and Vegas. We were just in Vegas for Easter/Spring Break, and my daughter has come back all Nortena...  I can't get her out of the boots she found in my niece's bedroom close. 

LOL.  

Hola.

I was born in ABQ and grew up in Raton.  Proud Tigre here!  I still have family in ABQ - I could go for a Blake's Lotaburger right about now . . . . 

2 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

LOL.  

Hola.

I was born in ABQ and grew up in Raton.  Proud Tigre here!  I still have family in ABQ - I could go for a Blake's Lotaburger right about now . . . . 

Hola, right back! We were just in Raton on our last visit (I wanted to take my husband and daughter to Folsom, where my Grandfather was born and reared)! We spent a lot of time at Solano's (it's where my Dad goes to buy boots)!

Lotaburger... I would kill for one right now too. 

On 4/15/2016 at 5:23 AM, Alicja said:

Sorry about the quote box. I was going to reply to this and couldn't get my thoughts to flow.

Mmmmmm.... Blake's Lotaburger. That was one of my favorite things about driving through New Mexico!

20 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

OMG, y'all!  That was totally tongue in cheek.  

Lawson is definitely hot, until he opens his mouth.  Or tweets or whatever.

Meh. There are hotter guys with freedom available.

But, yes, he is the more good looking of the crop. 

17 hours ago, Marilla-Cuthbert2013 said:

I haven't been back to Vegas since I was 18. I was born in Española, but we lived in Coyote until I was 2. Then we lived in Vegas until I was 8. My dad's side all still live in ABQ. I'm still a little annoyed with my dad for selling the land in Vegas. I would much rather winter there than Pie Town when we retire in an RV. ;p

On 03/05/2016 at 9:07 AM, 19 cats and counting said:

Or a ball gag and a pair of mittens. Prevent him from speaking and typing ignorant or hateful things on social media. The stupid rather detracts from the view... Wanders off to find the mud pics (yes, I'm ashamed of self)

When Nathan told Ashley that he loves her and she responded that she loves the feathers, I laughed so hard. HA

On 5/2/2016 at 11:35 PM, Snarkle said:

Hopefully he learned something from Josiah Duggar's broken courtship, which was splashed all over social media and the media in general until it was suddenly called off.  Now hopefully for Nathan no news breaks that would cause Josh-levels of family discord before he seals the deal, but there're definitely skeletons in the IBLP closet, so you never know.

The Bates learned this lesson before the Duggars.  Zach had to call off a courtship. 

On 5/3/2016 at 4:07 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

I knew a guy in college who called guys like Lawson "Apple Boys": They're cute, but you want to stick an apple in their mouth so they don't ruin it by talking.

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I knew a guy in college who called guys like Lawson "Apple Boys": They're cute, but you want to stick an apple in their mouth so they don't ruin it by talking.

When I look at Lawson and watch the whole 'turn the camera to me' thing he does to take the attention, even when Nathan is asking to court Ashley, I can't help but be reminded of Smugger in his younger years.  I think Lawson is the most likely Bates to pull a Josh Duggar and get somehow with his pants down somewhere, figuratively speaking or not. 

On 6/5/2016 at 5:29 PM, BeccaGrim said:

The Bates learned this lesson before the Duggars.  Zach had to call off a courtship. 

So did the duggars. Joshie boy was engaged to a holt girl before all of the shit came to the Police. At 14.

5 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

When I look at Lawson and watch the whole 'turn the camera to me' thing he does to take the attention, even when Nathan is asking to court Ashley, I can't help but be reminded of Smugger in his younger years.  I think Lawson is the most likely Bates to pull a Josh Duggar and get somehow with his pants down somewhere, figuratively speaking or not. 

While i really hope for everyone's sake that Lawson isn't caught with his pants down around minors, I would not at all complain if out turns out he's tote note a virgin (thanks music road trips for getting me out of La Casa MomAndPopsTreatMeLikeIm11) and one of the girls decides to sell the story for her 3 minutes of fame ratting out a D list celebrity for the audacious crime of having sex as a 23 year old man.

I'll butter the popcorn for us all to enjoy when it happens. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived