IGNORED

Possible Lawsuit for Josh

DGayle

The smartest thing Josh ever did in his life was keep his mouth shut at this time (likely told to keep quiet by an attorney). There is no upside for him giving an interview. We don't know if there are other victims where the statute of limitations has not run in either the criminal court or civil court. We don't know if an interview may open or widen an already open child protective services investigation involving his own children. What can be gained from this other than satisfying our own curiosity? He can never sufficiently explain away child molestation to get him back to the life and status he had prior to the news getting out. The general public will not accept child molestation so readily as the fundy world seems to do. Further, Josh does not have the tools to withstand any type of hard hitting interview. He hasn't been taught to analyze a question from all sides before answering it. It is unlikely Megyn Kelly will throw soft ball questions to a child molester as she did the Jill and Jessa. Jim Bob and Michelle, who actually had a real high school education came off as fools in their interview. How could Josh, who was educated by those same fools, do any better in an interview where he has to explain away molesting at least 5 girls?

Bolded is a very important point.

Although Josh was at FRC for 2 years, he never once was allowed to do anything that resembled a real interview. Josh got pretty good at sticking to his talking points during the softball interviews he did and the rah rah save-the-babies and hate-the-gays rallies he spoke at, so he's a much smoother talker than either parent, but this doesn't make him a better interviewee.

I thought as bumbling as he was (he always is), Boob did a decent job avoiding and re-directing any questions he didn't want to answer. I don't think Josh would do nearly as well.

And what would be the point of Josh speaking out now? He's admitted being a child molester. His parents and two of his victims did their best to minimize his actions on national TV. There's nothing nothing he can say now that is going to make the situation any better.

I do believe he will try to make a comeback after a period of time, but will never agree to anything even as hard-hitting ( :roll: ) as the Kelly interview. Let's just talk about taxes and gays and fetuses. These are the only things that matter!

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only kid from that show that I remember is Eden. That show was a good example of how they showcase freaks. People living in a one story bungalow that spend 100k on pageants. Where they got the money I have no idea.

Eden was cast as the title stealing villain of the show, but if anyone was going to get their own show out of it it would have been her. Yet they gave it to Honey BooBoo for.....freak reasons?

Mama June was peddled quite a bit on the reality shows before they got their own show. She was an extreme couponer and a pageant mom. Both those activities ceased when they got a show.

Eden actually had her own reality TV show. Not sure what happened to it, though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -show.html

The only way Josh could do an interview which wouldn't end in a total desaster, is if he would

1. talk first to all the victims to make very sure that they are ok with him speaking out and that he won't anger them further if he does.

2. do extensive training beforehand with a very good PR/communication coach

3. make sure that he doesn't come accross as smug or as trivializing his crimes.

But right now, the best thing he can do is indeed to keep very quiet.

An interview would only make sense if he was ready to be really honest and to expose the dangers of the Gothard cult and how horribly this whole situation was handled. A truly reformed and humble Josh, who is willing to take the responsibility for his actions and to seek real, professional help, could make a comeback and could rebuild some of his reputation.

I think that any attorney worth a grain of salt would have absolutely insisted that Josh lay low for a very long time. And if they are working with a PR firm, I think they would insist on that as well.

I think Josh put out a few "feelers" with the Happy Birthday tweet for one of the mKids and also the widely derided Father's Day video.

If Josh even peeked at the comments from that video he should have realized that people don't want to see him yet.

A generic announcement for the new baby, and maybe a picture of Anna and the newborn is about all I would advise for this family.

Like it or not, Josh's past caught up with him and his public life is gone. Yes, people have been able to return from scandal, but it will take a long time. And the people who made a comeback, generally were convincing in their humilty, which is not yet something we have seen from any of the Duggars.

Josh may, at the end of the day, come to realize that this coming to light was a good thing. He could now actually get some true and meaningful help. His kids can have a private life and may not even remember much about being in the circus. He could take online courses and get an actual education. He probably will be limited in his career choices, but he could work in IT, or even graphic Design from home after he has learned about it, or seek other career options where he wouldn't be in the public eye. He and Anna seemed to have gotten that Arkansas house very cheaply. He could use his skills picked up during his exile to Little Rock, or when he was working on the TTH to make necessary improvements on that house. Once it is fixed up, that will be a nice home for medium sized family.

Necessity might limit the size of their family, so his kids might actually get to live their lives without being sister moms or Brother Dads.

Still, I have to say that I am disappointed that the lawsuit rumor isn't true. I really thought, through the civil courts, that there might be more legal ways to dig into and expose the darkside of the Duggar Parents.

I often wonder how much he really liked the job at FRC and how they felt about his performance. I never got the sense that he was super excited about his role there. Granted TLC kept the details as generic as possible about what he was doing. I am secretly hoping that a coworker from FRC comes out of the woodwork and provides a bit of an inside look of Smugs as an office colleague.

I often wonder how much he really liked the job at FRC and how they felt about his performance. I never got the sense that he was super excited about his role there. Granted TLC kept the details as generic as possible about what he was doing. I am secretly hoping that a coworker from FRC comes out of the woodwork and provides a bit of an inside look of Smugs as an office colleague.

Well having to do some actual work probably didn't sit well with him; being used to having everything spoon fed to him including employment.

The smartest thing Josh ever did in his life was keep his mouth shut at this time (likely told to keep quiet by an attorney). There is no upside for him giving an interview. We don't know if there are other victims where the statute of limitations has not run in either the criminal court or civil court. We don't know if an interview may open or widen an already open child protective services investigation involving his own children. What can be gained from this other than satisfying our own curiosity? He can never sufficiently explain away child molestation to get him back to the life and status he had prior to the news getting out. The general public will not accept child molestation so readily as the fundy world seems to do. Further, Josh does not have the tools to withstand any type of hard hitting interview. He hasn't been taught to analyze a question from all sides before answering it. It is unlikely Megyn Kelly will throw soft ball questions to a child molester as she did the Jill and Jessa. Jim Bob and Michelle, who actually had a real high school education came off as fools in their interview. How could Josh, who was educated by those same fools, do any better in an interview where he has to explain away molesting at least 5 girls?

I agree. There is nothing he could say that would make people ok with molesting his sisters and babysitter. He would only dig himself a deeper hole.

No, nothing would ever make it ok, but at least he could say he is sorry. We are supposed to believe that he has repented, but none of his actions sound like repentance.

No, nothing would ever make it ok, but at least he could say he is sorry. We are supposed to believe that he has repented, but none of his actions sound like repentance.

He did say, "I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life."

I think in his statement he was very aware of potential legal repercussions and spoke within those constraints. I certainly can't blame him for that.

What actions would you consider to indicate repentance?

Well having to do some actual work probably didn't sit well with him; being used to having everything spoon fed to him including employment.

Hmm. I think the FRC doesn't want to have anything to with Smuggar, and it's really probable that, at least for now, they're asking his former coworkers to also keep their mouths shut. If I were them, I'd want to distance myself as much from this mess as possible. They must be really hurting right now, given the Supreme Court ruling, too.

But I do have to wonder how the other coworkers saw him. Most cushy office jobs in DC that work for research/lobbying firms require a ton of education/relevant experience, even if they are working for wingnut hate groups. Imagine if you'd worked really hard to get multiple degrees and relevant experience, only for a cushy job to be created for some smug spoiled child who has no degrees, not even a real high school diploma, NOTHING else to recommend him besides being the eldest and most favorite child of people who became famous for making 19 kids. And then, to have him be revealed as a child molester. Unbearable.

I'd be PISSED about the whole thing if I worked at FRC. Then again, maybe all their workers are leghumpers, too.

I agree, there is literally NOTHING Josh could say or do to change this. People will forgive a LOT of things, but molesting A child, let alone multiple children, including your siblings, isn't excusable or forgivible in the public's eye. Josh ISN'T the victim here, and it would do well for JB, J'Chelle, the children, and the leghumpers to get that through their skulls.

Hmm. I think the FRC doesn't want to have anything to with Smuggar, and it's really probable that, at least for now, they're asking his former coworkers to also keep their mouths shut. If I were them, I'd want to distance myself as much from this mess as possible. They must be really hurting right now, given the Supreme Court ruling, too.

But I do have to wonder how the other coworkers saw him. Most cushy office jobs in DC that work for research/lobbying firms require a ton of education/relevant experience, even if they are working for wingnut hate groups. Imagine if you'd worked really hard to get multiple degrees and relevant experience, only for a cushy job to be created for some smug spoiled child who has no degrees, not even a real high school diploma, NOTHING else to recommend him besides being the eldest and most favorite child of people who became famous for making 19 kids. And then, to have him be revealed as a child molester. Unbearable.

I'd be PISSED about the whole thing if I worked at FRC. Then again, maybe all their workers are leghumpers, too.

I agree, there is literally NOTHING Josh could say or do to change this. People will forgive a LOT of things, but molesting A child, let alone multiple children, including your siblings, isn't excusable or forgivible in the public's eye. Josh ISN'T the victim here, and it would do well for JB, J'Chelle, the children, and the leghumpers to get that through their skulls.

The FRC office politics must be vicious, but I doubt that any of Josh's colleagues will say anything publicly, lest it make them look bad by association.

It would be interesting to know what he actually did there. Seems like he was just the Pistol Pete of the FRC brought out for their pep rallies.

It would be interesting to know what he actually did there. Seems like he was just the Pistol Pete of the FRC brought out for their pep rallies.

They probably found ways to fill his time. Prepearing for appearances and rehearsing his speeches (which he probably didn't write himself), going to dinner/lunch with leghumper politicians from all across the country, attending fundie/fundie-lite events, posting things on social media, joining the campagin trail of some ultra-conservative nutcase and so on.

Even if all he did was just reading all the mail he got from people and answering the easier ones himself, he was probably occupied the whole day.

He did say, "I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life."

I think in his statement he was very aware of potential legal repercussions and spoke within those constraints. I certainly can't blame him for that.

What actions would you consider to indicate repentance?

Well, its hard to say what would suffice, but in my opinion it would have to include recognizing that he had hurt others. His statement didn't mention his victims. Just how he stopped molesting his sisters because he finally understood that his actions would ruin HIS life.

The thing about the legal repercussions is that the victims are all said to have forgiven him. They are telling us that legal repercussions are not possible or not desired. And that is also beside the point. True remorse also includes accepting the consequences of one's actions. If he has to pay out some money to someone he hurt because a Judge says so then so be it.

He needs to make amends. That includes admitting what he has done, including admitting any more victims. He needs undergo therapy where he comes to understand what he did, why it is wrong, and the effects of his actions on the victims. He needs to freely accept the consequences of what he has done.

After all that, he needs to "perform works" to show his commitment to his intention to make amends and living life as a "new creature" (these are their terms and they will understand them). Whatever these works are, they can't have anything to do with contact with children and he should not financially profit from it.

Perhaps he could do hard manual labour building halfway houses for at risk youth. He could give public service announcements that provide information about what to if you are being abused. I don't know.

Sounds harsh, I know. But we are talking about a man who claims that he is such a strong and committed Christian that all his victims (who he turned into worthless dirty Kleenexes) have forgiven him. He has God on his side and Jesus in his pocket.

Let's be clear. Josh never admitted what he did, and he never will. That was a vague, sugarcoated non-apology. He's only sorry everything has come out.

Let's be clear. Josh never admitted what he did, and he never will. That was a vague, sugarcoated non-apology. He's only sorry everything has come out.

Yes, I thought that "apology" was incredibly sly of him, the way he said he was sorry without actually even hinting at what he did. He--or more likely, his lawyers--knew exactly what he was doing.

That said, I still think that Jim Bob and MIchelle are the ones who have more to answer for in all of this.

:worship:

YES - this!

So true.

Pity the internet is forever Smug.

Yes, I thought that "apology" was incredibly sly of him, the way he said he was sorry without actually even hinting at what he did. He--or more likely, his lawyers--knew exactly what he was doing.

That said, I still think that Jim Bob and MIchelle are the ones who have more to answer for in all of this.

Not just lawyers. Whatever words he said would be connected him PR-wise forever. I doubt he or the family would want to always see the words Joshie says, "I molested my sisters."

Too fucking bad, because that's exactly what he is.

I saw the In Touch magazine for July 13 at Walmart last night. They had this lawsuit story on the cover. I didn't manage to read much before I got thru the til but they did not have any solid info on who was bringing this (alleged) lawsuit (at least that I could see.

The thing that I wondered was how they could have been so right about the "bombshell" but so off the mark on the lawsuit. There has to be more to it. Maybe the person changed their mind before it was filed.

I saw the In Touch magazine for July 13 at Walmart last night. They had this lawsuit story on the cover. I didn't manage to read much before I got thru the til but they did not have any solid info on who was bringing this (alleged) lawsuit (at least that I could see.

The thing that I wondered was how they could have been so right about the "bombshell" but so off the mark on the lawsuit. There has to be more to it. Maybe the person changed their mind before it was filed.

Maybe now the show is gone the NFV will file? It would certainly be an excellent time to do so.

Good Lord- the Kelly File tonight. They even included pieces from the June airing.

The Duggars are desperate.

Good Lord- the Kelly File tonight. They even included pieces from the June airing.

It sounds like the Fox legal correspondents are getting their intel from this site.

Kelly gives me the creeps. Far brighter than most of the bobble head blondes on the network but every bit as sleazy as Hannity.

No cable. What happened on Kelly file?

Eden actually had her own reality TV show. Not sure what happened to it, though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -show.html

Her former agent wrote a tell all about her mom.

Unleashing a Momster (if you have Prime, it was on the Kindle lending library. Not sure if it still is. That's how I read it).

Archived