IGNORED

Possible Lawsuit for Josh

DGayle

Everything that mebeforee says is true.

We have also gone from a state of "JB and Michelle successfully covered it up" to "everyone and their dog's siblings knew about it". When something is common knowledge, the police and CPS already know. There is nothing to report.

The people that were literally the last to know are the fans of the tv show.

It remains weird that it took so long for the media to discover it. Surely those people working the Gay Agenda would have sleuthed this out years ago (sarcasm).

On the other hand, I know of a case that happened in Nova Scotia, Canada. The Appalachian mountain range actually runs through that Province (and I point that out simply for the black humor in it). Anyway this family lived up on the mountain and there was a lot of incestuous sexual abuse going on over several generations. They were also Baptists, but I digress. Due to the incest there were many babies born. Some were stillborn. Much of the family had IQs that are indicative of mental retardation. They were extremely poor. The thing is that this too was an open secret, although there had never been any intervention by the authorities. Doctors would go to their home and deliver babies to young girls. Anyone who had an interest in having sex with children knew where they could go to do it. People all over the province made jokes about this family and their inbred, incestuous children.

One of the daughters tried to escape. She had to inform THREE mandatory reporters before anyone took action. The third person she informed was a social worker who was new to town.

So it does happen that people look the other way. Although, I do not believe that people were looking the other way in the case of Josh. If that was the case there would not have been any police reports or CPS investigations.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Bob and Michelle likely thought that Josh would never molest again because he could have sex on demand as a married man. I don't think it would occur to them that child molestation has nothing to do with lacking a legal sexual outlet.

these people lack common sense, logic, critical thinking, and don't realize how they sound to normal people. JimChelle are stupid asses. Does he not look at the news or read papers. There are married men and woman out here who molest children.

Is there really more sibling incest there than in other places? I would think that it would be the same everywhere. Your comment seems to be saying that people did not go to the authorities or tip off CNN or whatever because so many of the locals had experienced similar trauma.

The thing about Josh marrying and moving out. This is something that I have heard all over the internet as some sort of evidence that he has reformed. I don't think marriage has ever been a cure for sexual misconduct. It is more of a mask for sexual misconduct. I don't get why people would believe that was the end of it.

Arkansas is the 4th highest state of registered sex offenders. That's just the registered and reported. Where you see one rat...

I do not think he was cured by marrying. And moving out wasn't the best solution to the problem. But a lot of people did think that way. Obviously they (dhs, cops, judge) thought that because when they were done with the family in need case (is that what it is called?) no other actions were taken. I get the impression that all involved were star struck and treated them with kid gloves. But when you are dealing with connected politicians (holt, huckabee, judge, law enforcement) I can see where everyone would get on the Duggar fan train and ride it.

Here's a thought that might blow your mind. Huckabee knew, in detail, about the case all along. He had to have. He was heavily influential in DHS and had access to juvenile files in 2006.

Arkansas is the 4th highest state of registered sex offenders. That's just the registered and reported. Where you see one rat...

I do not think he was cured by marrying. And moving out wasn't the best solution to the problem. But a lot of people did think that way. Obviously they (dhs, cops, judge) thought that because when they were done with the family in need case (is that what it is called?) no other actions were taken. I get the impression that all involved were star struck and treated them with kid gloves. But when you are dealing with connected politicians (holt, huckabee, judge, law enforcement) I can see where everyone would get on the Duggar fan train and ride it.

Here's a thought that might blow your mind. Huckabee knew, in detail, about the case all along. He had to have. He was heavily influential in DHS and had access to juvenile files in 2006.

Well, that explains how much more immediately he replied to the scandal than, say, Santorum. Almost like he was prepared for it, whereas maybe the Santorums didn't have a clue. Or maybe Santorum has better PR people.

Well, that explains how much more immediately he replied to the scandal than, say, Santorum. Almost like he was prepared for it, whereas maybe the Santorums didn't have a clue. Or maybe Santorum has better PR people.

I think the family/Josh's press release was probably written years and years ago. This had to be hanging over their heads all this time, don't you think?

May I ask what your source for this is? I am finding all sorts of statistics and AR is pretty low on a lot of them.

Incidentally, Arkansas is #4 when you list the states alphabetically.

Even if the lawsuit never materializes, I hope stuff like this makes JB pucker. He knows all the skeletons in the Duggar family closet and has to worry about what will come out. JB is still pulling a lot of the strings and controlling even the kidults now, but he won't be able to in 25 years.

Remember JimBob- you are just a few decades away from being tied to an office chair and paraded around by the MKids. What kind of things will they have to tell about Grandpa?

May I ask what your source for this is? I am finding all sorts of statistics and AR is pretty low on a lot of them.

Incidentally, Arkansas is #4 when you list the states alphabetically.

I went to go find it because I was pretty sure that was the number I remember. But really, it's a pretty touchy feely place iykwim. Even without the numbers.

http://sexoffendermap.org/top-10-states ... s-in-2013/

I went to go find it because I was pretty sure that was the number I remember. But really, it's a pretty touchy feely place iykwim. Even without the numbers.

http://sexoffendermap.org/top-10-states ... s-in-2013/

That's based on total population, though. It's worth noting that they are nowhere near the highest total number of offenders. It depends how you run the numbers.

There is also this

parentsformeganslaw.org/public/meganReportCard.html

It does not break it down by per capita though

^ the first link I just posted does break it down and it actually puts us at number 1.

Yay arkansas. :lol:

Even if the lawsuit never materializes, I hope stuff like this makes JB pucker. He knows all the skeletons in the Duggar family closet and has to worry about what will come out. JB is still pulling a lot of the strings and controlling even the kidults now, but he won't be able to in 25 years.

Remember JimBob- you are just a few decades away from being tied to an office chair and paraded around by the MKids. What kind of things will they have to tell about Grandpa?

The only thing that could make Boob even more nervous is the fact the even he might not know all the skeletons...

Now, this is pure speculation of course, but if there were indeed more victims or incidents, I'm not so sure that Josh has told his parents about them.

Even though the situation was clearly not handled well at all by J'Chelle and Boob, Josh did in fact get punished for his actions. The Duggars believe in physically disciplining their kids, so he was probably beaten black and blue by Boob. He had to confess his crimes in front of the church, which was probably pretty humiliating for him, and he was sent away from the family for months.

Of course, Boob and J'Chelle handled the situation wrong, but still, it probably wasn't a walk in the park for Josh.

If there are indeed more victims, I wouldn't be surprised if Josh didn't tell his family about them, in order to avoid getting punished even more or again.

What aren't you finding? The link you shared based it on "highest rates". That's dependent on number of sex offenders per 1,000 people, as it says in the article itself.

The original link says Arkansas has has 12,919 for a rate of 4.8. Florida has 61,303 offenders for a rate of 3.17. The second link you provided says there were 9,559 offenders in Arkansas, with over 52,000 in Florida. Rates are lower because the state is larger and total population is higher. However, the total number of offenders in Florida is almost 5 times the number that Arkansas has.

My point is that Arkansas may have the highest rate, but not the highest number. That's why people turn up different answers of which state has more.

Could you link to your source for this?

Look, I'm not saying treat every rumor as fact. In light of the fact that the internet rumors about Josh turned out to be true, I think it's best not to immediately assume that other Duggar rumors are false. FFS, weare talking about children being molested here, not some petty crime.

I agree that southerners are suspicious of CPS and law enforcement. I am not one of them. As a southerner myself, I just want to knock some sense into them. I find it reprehensible and disgusting that secrecy takes precedence over the well being of children. It's beyond selfish.

Please, anyone who is reading here about the Duggars and has information, come forward. Break the silence. Josh has a daughter the same age as his youngest victim and has a baby girl on the way. Think of them.

I do wish people with information would come forward, too, but it might not be as simple as getting over their fear of CPS or law enforcement. One of the posters from that town (whose name escapes me but it started with hen..apologies for my memory. hehe) made a good point that some people might have thought it would harm more than help the girls if they brought it up. And really, I feel so badly that they were outed the way they were, because a survivor feels powerless to begin with. They belong to a purity cult, and having their sordid history of incest splashed all over the Internet must have been very shaming for them. If they follow all the ATI teachings, those girls would have been told it was their fault, that they defrauded Josh and brought on the molestation themselves. They must feel like they've brought down the family, to a certain extent. I'm sure people in that community who knew and understood the Duggars, wouldn't have wanted to put the girls through that, especially since law enforcement had already investigated and were able to do nothing.

But the message we need to get out to society is how important it is to report, regardless of fears around how it will affect the victim. The lack of proper support will harm them more in the long run. In this case, the girls are still trapped in the cultish system that nurtured and allowed the abuse. There could be other victims we don't know about, both inside the Duggar clan and in the community at large. That's the sad thing. Not reporting someone you suspect is abusing a child not only puts the child you think is being abused at risk, but also other children.

It's good that we're having this dialogue. Hopefully we can bust some of the myths around child sexual abuse and its treatment, and that will translate into lives saved.

*Edited to fix typo.

I think the difference may also be that Santorum's most tangible connection (that I know of) is through their conservative Christian political connection and the Duggars endorsement of that. Fuckabee is far deeper into all of the Gothard stuff. So Fuckabee probably saw the "attack" as not only against political friends but as an "attack" on his own beliefs.

I was really hoping we'd get more news of a lawsuit being filed

I am hesitant to blame people who did not report the molestation when they only heard a rumor of it around town. I would bet it wasn't so much as an open secret as an I heard from A who heard from C who heard from B type of thing. I don't doubt some people truely knew but I think a lot of people put it down to being a rumor. When I was around 20, a neighbor tried very hard to convince my grandmother that I was a mother of twins because she heard from someone else who heard from someone else. It wasn't true, and the neighbor had no facts to back it up, but enough people believed this to make her believe it to be true. Yes, the molestation was true, but I doubt there was much evidence for people to truly believe it to be true other than they heard about it from someone else. A lot of people don't want to report things they basically learned by playing the telephone game.

I was really hoping we'd get more news of a lawsuit being filed

So, today I looked over the article as I checked out at the grocery store during my lunch hour. There was no "for sure" suit, though it does say the victim is "preparing to file" and that Michelle and JB are "open" to suits.

I didn't see any super-exclusive documents they claimed to have, though there was one that said something about the original report not being totally redacted. It was much more sensationalism than fact, I think. The spread only took up 4 pages, which were almost entirely photos...the meat of the article could've been boiled down to about a half-page.

What aren't you finding? The link you shared based it on "highest rates". That's dependent on number of sex offenders per 1,000 people, as it says in the article itself.

The original link says Arkansas has has 12,919 for a rate of 4.8. Florida has 61,303 offenders for a rate of 3.17. The second link you provided says there were 9,559 offenders in Arkansas, with over 52,000 in Florida. Rates are lower because the state is larger and total population is higher. However, the total number of offenders in Florida is almost 5 times the number that Arkansas has.

My point is that Arkansas may have the highest rate, but not the highest number. That's why people turn up different answers of which state has more.

But, logically, any one who looks at just total number as opposed to rate in the population -- just needs to have statistics explained to them. Just common sense will tell you that you can't compare the total number of registered sex offenders and get anything remotely useful. The least populated states have well under a million people, the most populated have over 30 million. That just wouldn't make sense. I think it's the general assumption people are talking rates when they discuss these things, isn't it?

I really think the title of this thread needs to be changed. I have no issue with the conversation going on here ( and I read all 28 pages and then skimmed the last 2 for legal info) is valid, but the title is misleading and I would not have read so many pages. :embarrassed:

Caution Alert!

Hennypenny seems to like to present wild speculation and conspiracy theories as fact. :naughty: Let's not take everything hennypenny says as gospel truth.

What with claims of all of Tonitown gossiping about this, strange statistics about the prevalence of incest in AR, and now Huckabee sneaking around confidential file cabinets and getting first hand knowledge of the case back in 2006. :lol:

Huckabee was indeed Governor of Arkansas in 2006 but he wouldn't necessarily have known about the case, let alone the details of the case back then.

There are protocols. Child abuse files are kept confidential, in locked cabinets when not being updated, and are only shared on a "need to know" basis. The Governor would have to: a) know that the case was under investigation and b) formally request the file giving the reason for doing so. There would have been a massive paper-trail as memos were sent from the corner office to the DHS Director, to the program director for CPS, to the supervisor of the case manager/investigator who would have had the key, to the case manager/investigator who also had the key and would pull the file. Far too risky.

My guess is that Huckabee was given a heads-up by Jim Bob that something bad was about to hit the headlines. He had a knee-jerk Good Old White Boys Club reaction, which he later regretted when he found out how bad the molestation actually was.

Archived