IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

I'm also hoping the $19,000 woman is just doing some creative trolling. Good grief, all three Dillards must be collectively wetting their pants in joy if they've read that, and only one of them having the excuse of being an infant.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also hoping the $19,000 woman is just doing some creative trolling. Good grief, all three Dillards must be collectively wetting their pants in joy if they've read that, and only one of them having the excuse of being an infant.

Oh...my....GOD. She has a public Facebook profile. I just looked at it and she posted a screen shot of the donation confirmation page (or what appears to be the donation confirmation page). Did she seriously donate that much!??!?!!!? She's a little old lady who primarily shares Jesus'y stuff and writes and posts pictures of a senior center. This is just too much if it's true....

How on earth could ANYONE conclude that a baby is autistic at 3 months? I mean, seriously?

Oh and from a photograph/few seconds of footage. Just to point out how totally and utterly idiotic these amoebic brained posters are.

There are a fair few fuckwits in the world, this thread and other Duggar threads appear to be a magnet for them.

Question for the professionals...

I've seen a lot of posts across the webs about little Izzy not *looking* developmentally correct. I know his birth endangered his oxygen levels & that can have lasting affects. But when I see pictures of him (what few have circulated) I see a big but young infant doing infant things. Is perhaps his size throwing folks off? Perhaps because he's physically larger, onlookers assume he should be more advanced developmentally?

No he isn't laughing in every single picture but I don't find his gaze anymore empty then any other 2-3 month old....

Are people reaching?

Getting caught up on the thread. Where are people speculating that he's developmentally behind? I haven't seen that. He seems like a regular baby to me.

Yes, something looked off with him in this video:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... en_US&_rdr

He looks like a newborn here, re his expression- hardly a 3 month old. In fact in every photo, this baby looks 'vegged out' and numb.

Autistic?

Not sure if this above post is serious or sarcastic.

If serious...I am going out on a limb and guessing you haven't been around many babies...?

Yes, something looked off with him in this video:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... en_US&_rdr

He looks like a newborn here, re his expression- hardly a 3 month old. In fact in every photo, this baby looks 'vegged out' and numb.

Autistic?

Y'know..... As someone who says she has 5 young children, I'd assume that you, above anyone else, would know that babies have different rates of attaining developmental milestones, that they all have different personalities (from the moment they emerge from the ol' womb) and that on camera their spirit is not captured as it is in person, when mom (the primary object of their desire and attention) is making eye contact with them. So, it makes me wonder....what.the.fuck. is up with you saying a three month old may have autism??? :shock: :cray-cray:

Oh...my....GOD. She has a public Facebook profile. I just looked at it and she posted a screen shot of the donation confirmation page (or what appears to be the donation confirmation page). Did she seriously donate that much!??!?!!!? She's a little old lady who primarily shares Jesus'y stuff and writes and posts pictures of a senior center. This is just too much if it's true....

Is the comment still up? I don't see it.

If I put up a website and claim I'm going somewhere to do some things to help some people (no specifics), and I'd like some money, will people open their hearts and wallets? I can see why they might not want to say where they're going, but how about an explanation of how the money they're asking for will be put to use; e.g., food/clothing/housing/medical care/fundamentalists running at the mouth?

If I put up a website and claim I'm going somewhere to do some things to help some people (no specifics), and I'd like some money, will people open their hearts and wallets? I can see why they might not want to say where they're going, but how about an explanation of how the money they're asking for will be put to use; e.g., food/clothing/housing/medical care/fundamentalists running at the mouth?

If they were going somewhere dangerous (which they're totally not) they could at least say which hemisphere it's in, or which agency they're going through, or like you said, what they would spend the money on. Why so shady, Dillards?

Is the comment still up? I don't see it.

I'm not sure if the comment is still on The Duggar's page, but she's posting publicly on her personal Facebook about it. Are we allowed to place personal FB links on here (it's not on private). Her name is Mary Beacon.

If I put up a website and claim I'm going somewhere to do some things to help some people (no specifics), and I'd like some money, will people open their hearts and wallets?

Nup, because you're not a Duggar.........or ARE you? :shifty-kitty:

Seriously, they're using their public/media/TV presence to take as much free money from people as they can, to fulfil whatever half assed international scheme they fancy doing this month.

If they take that $19,000 (or more) from that elderly lady, they are no better than any other scammer on the internet.

I'm not sure if the comment is still on The Duggar's page, but she's posting publicly on her personal Facebook about it. Are we allowed to place personal FB links on here (it's not on private). Her name is Mary Beacon.

I think this thread should be renamed "all things dumbarse"

a)Because Derick is one for marrying into this family

b)Jill is one, goes without saying

c) Mary Beacon donated $19,000.00 to them - if true, IS SHE MAD?!?! :?

post-3991-14452000508507_thumb.jpg

Found the post by Mary Beacon. I also went to her page. I really, really, REALLY hope that's a Poe because if not OMG. Someone apparently contacted the seniors center she has mentioned on her page so if she's in fact a real person I hope like hell they put a stop to her Internet use without being monitored because she's getting scammed left, right and center. If she's a real person and not just someone having a piss take, that is (I don't find joking about seniors getting scammed out of thousands of dollars very funny since it's something that is FAR too common in reality :( )

That older woman also seems to have been taken by a 419 scammer, and she posted about how she hasn't seen her daughter in awhile. She also posted asking for a ride to a crafting class.

That, along with some of her other parts make me believe it's real.

If Mary Beacon is real....wow. Her account was only created yesterday and so far she has managed to:

-- post her AOL user name and password

--- mistakenly donate to some group while looking up information on pickling.

--- post random searches and questions to Facebook and tried to add friends and get rides to crafting class-- all by just posting on her own wall

--- tried to donate to a Nigerian email scammer on behalf of orphans from Nepal.

- AND - is trying , still, to donate to Jill and Derrik. - at least the way I read her post it looked like she just had a screen shot of the total that they had raised so far - she stated she was still trying to figure out how to contact them.

Plus a bunch of religious quotes and reminiscing about life and complaining about her daughter never visiting her :shock: that's a lot of wreckage in one day!

Unforortunately she doesn't live at the senior center, so they couldn't control her internet access. She talks about needing a home health aide . I really, really hope she's just a caricature of someone who should not be on Facebook - but I'm afraid she's real.

If Mary Beacon is real....wow. Her account was only created yesterday and so far she has managed to:

--- post random searches and questions to Facebook and tried to add friends and get rides to crafting class-- all by just posting on her own wall

--- tried to donate to a Nigerian email scammer on behalf of orphans from Nepal.

- AND - is trying , still, to donate to Jill and Derrik. - at least the way I read her post it looked like she just had a screen shot of the total that they had raised so far - she stated she was still trying to figure out how to contact them.

Plus a bunch of religious quotes and reminiscing about life and complaining about her daughter never visiting her :shock: that's a lot of wreckage in one day!

Unforortunately she doesn't live at the senior center, so they couldn't control her internet access. She talks about needing a home health aide . I really, really hope she's just a caricature of someone who should not be on Facebook - but I'm afraid she's real.

Sorry to get stuck in the minutiae, but they have a running tally?? I thought for sure they'd be keeping that a secret... if it's truthful

I've lurked and loved these forums for about a year. First post. But I have something I'd finally like to say. Scared to death to do so, but here goes.

I don't necessarily condone the "body shaming" nor especially speculation about Israel, but some of you older forumites maybe need to step back and stop with the pitchforks around newbies.

I'm calling you out specifially, OKToBeTakei, because frankly you seem to be in the habit of venturing solely to the "dreaded Duggar Subforums" to snark on newcomers and make rude comments about how you should venture to other sub forms, how terrible the Duggar forums are, etc.

There are a fair few fuckwits in the world, this thread and other Duggar threads appear to be a magnet for them.

Well like it or not.... this site is Free Jinger. People interested in the Duggars is going to be this site's hook.. And yeah, there's been a huge influx since the Josh shit hit the fan.

Your bit in a prior thread about a person who signed up in May "snarking wrong" was way out of line.

That sort of forum elitist "I signed up so long ago, so I therefore am more valid" should've died and rotted in Linux elitist forums circa 2008. You gonna take your postcount and sign up date with you to the grave, or something? :roll: Why are you posting in these subforums if you dislike it so? And not to snark on the Duggars, but primarily other users.

I know some people have made some "missteps" about commenting on Duggar body issies, not using search functions, lately... but please people, put the pitchforks away, and remember the people behind the computers. Everyone makes "mistakes." Sorry not everyone speaks "how you want to." But yeah. I don't think a collective clique of older users is a productive way to handle it, nor various "oh my god what the eff is wrong with you" diatribes. Would you really go up to someone irl and say that for this. People aren't gonna venture out to subforums if it's deemed a hostile environment.

Regarding Jill's size... frankly I don't care. But it isn't hard to see where people speculating are coming from. You need not look further from the mother of all this crap, Michelle Duggar to see it. Pumping out 19 kids, her size sadly was a strong indicator of whether she was pregnant or not. In a mega family like this people are just going to wonder if Jill is going to follow in her (unfortunate) footsteps.

I can see this body issue stuff is a huge trigger. I don't think all comments on someones body though, automatically equates to shaming. But frankly this sort of ganging up behavior is a trigger for some of us, too ;)

Basically, love these forums... but please, please, please, please, sometimes y'all need to remember the people behind the username. Come on, let's be nicer. I know it's the internet, and a snarksite, "so that makes it Ok, right?!" But lately the attitudes of some on here have been... a little too much.

But on the subject of the elderly lady and her $19,000 donation... that's just... depressing. If it is legit, I hope it doesn't go through, for her sake. It is true this type of thing isn't uncommon... I just hope they have the decency to think of the impact this could have on the lady, but somehow I don't know if they will sadly.

Sorry to get stuck in the minutiae, but they have a running tally?? I thought for sure they'd be keeping that a secret... if it's truthful

Hmm..... I guess not. I went back and looked -- what's weird is she is saying on her post on the Duggar's Facebook that the system isn't set up for donations over $ 19,999. - and she was asking for help to donate more. And on her page she is still complaining that it wouldn't let her donate the amount she wanted to donate $45,000 --( that's what was the amount in the screenshot ) . But if you go to their donate page and put in $45,000 - it simply takes you to the next page to sign up and enter your personal and billing info. So presumably there's no reason she couldn't donate if she wanted. Very weird.

So, yea, very, very confused and busy older lady. Or very busy Poe , or who knows maybe she's running her own scam.

I've lurked and loved these forums for about a year. First post. But I have something I'd finally like to say. Scared to death to do so, but here goes.

I don't necessarily condone the "body shaming" nor especially speculation about Israel, but some of you older forumites maybe need to step back and stop with the pitchforks around newbies.

I'm calling you out specifially, OKToBeTakei, because frankly you seem to be in the habit of venturing solely to the "dreaded Duggar Subforums" to snark on newcomers and make rude comments about how you should venture to other sub forms, how terrible the Duggar forums are, etc.

Well like it or not.... this site is Free Jinger. People interested in the Duggars is going to be this site's hook.. And yeah, there's been a huge influx since the Josh shit hit the fan.

Your bit in a prior thread about a person who signed up in May "snarking wrong" was way out of line.

That sort of forum elitist "I signed up so long ago, so I therefore am more valid" should've died and rotted in Linux elitist forums circa 2008. You gonna take your postcount and sign up date with you to the grave, or something? :roll: Why are you posting in these subforums if you dislike it so? And not to snark on the Duggars, but primarily other users.

I know some people have made some "missteps" about commenting on Duggar body issies, not using search functions, lately... but please people, put the pitchforks away, and remember the people behind the computers. Everyone makes "mistakes." Sorry not everyone speaks "how you want to." But yeah. I don't think a collective clique of older users is a productive way to handle it, nor various "oh my god what the eff is wrong with you" diatribes. Would you really go up to someone irl and say that for this. People aren't gonna venture out to subforums if it's deemed a hostile environment.

Regarding Jill's size... frankly I don't care. But it isn't hard to see where people speculating are coming from. You need not look further from the mother of all this crap, Michelle Duggar to see it. Pumping out 19 kids, her size sadly was a strong indicator of whether she was pregnant or not. In a mega family like this people are just going to wonder if Jill is going to follow in her (unfortunate) footsteps.

I can see this body issue stuff is a huge trigger. I don't think all comments on someones body though, automatically equates to shaming. But frankly this sort of ganging up behavior is a trigger for some of us, too ;)

Basically, love these forums... but please, please, please, please, sometimes y'all need to remember the people behind the username. Come on, let's be nicer. I know it's the internet, and a snarksite, "so that makes it Ok, right?!" But lately the attitudes of some on here have been... a little too much.

But on the subject of the elderly lady and her $19,000 donation... that's just... depressing. If it is legit, I hope it doesn't go through, for her sake. It is true this type of thing isn't uncommon... I just hope they have the decency to think of the impact this could have on the lady, but somehow I don't know if they will sadly.

Would I call out someone in real life who was speculating -- based on NOTHING -- that a 3 month old was autistic ? Why YES , I most certainly would. If a person in real life was saying how a woman who gave birth less than 3 months ago , by c- section no less - was not only pregnant -- but showing :roll: ? Yes, I absolutely would tell them they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Or if a " friend" in real life was snarking on some guys looks 2 weeks after extensive oral surgery -- yea, again, I would point out that it was pretty fucking awful to do that, and stupid, as you would have no idea how his face would look when he's done healing.

I have a hard time reconciling that these new posters are timid and shy and scared of being bullied to post -- when the things they are being called out on are that they are acting like a bunch of shallow school yard bullies. There's a really simple way to avoid being called a jerk - don't be one.

As far as legitimate arguments and fights over differing opinions on actual issues -- that happens. It happens here a lot. Some of the posters here that I respect the most , I've had knock down battles with. I didn't melt. They didn't melt. The world went on. Sometimes people feel strongly - and state their differing opinions strongly.

What bugs, many - not all - longer term posters about the tone of the Duggar threads is that there is a difference in tone between snark on fundamentalists and just hurling insults. It's not the same thing. Another thing that is annoying is that this site is based on lots of things - but the key component is snarking / discussing the problems of fundamentalist religious extremists. Particularly as how that relates to limiting / harming women. You can't legitimately do that while you are insulting those same women for their appearance.

Oh dear. This sounds like my grandmother with a computer. We intentionally have never bought her one, and have never taught her how to use the ones we have. We prefer to keep her in the "old and afraid of technology" category. She loses enough money at church already.

Hmm..... I guess not. I went back and looked -- what's weird is she is saying on her post on the Duggar's Facebook that the system isn't set up for donations over $ 19,999. - and she was asking for help to donate more. And on her page she is still complaining that it wouldn't let her donate the amount she wanted to donate $45,000 --( that's what was the amount in the screenshot ) . But if you go to their donate page and put in $45,000 - it simply takes you to the next page to sign up and enter your personal and billing info. So presumably there's no reason she couldn't donate if she wanted. Very weird.

So, yea, very, very confused and busy older lady. Or very busy Poe , or who knows maybe she's running her own scam.

45K is a really high credit card limit for a little old lady on FB. So is 20k. Not saying those aren't out there, but... If she is using a debit card, I can see that large amount having an issue too... the whole thing is suspect. So hope Jill isn't already spending that dosh on more striped maxis and flip flops.

Despite all the "aren't the Duggars so robotic" talk, the Duggars are real people too. The Duggars belief system and actions provide enough snark material that people don't have to resort to body shaming and just making up shit.

Really? REALLY???

Unbelievable.

Would I call out someone in real life who was speculating -- based on NOTHING -- that a 3 month old was autistic ? Why YES , I most certainly would. If a person in real life was saying how a woman who gave birth less than 3 months ago , by c- section no less - was not only pregnant -- but showing :roll: ? Yes, I absolutely would tell them they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Or if a " friend" in real life was snarking on some guys looks 2 weeks after extensive oral surgery -- yea, again, I would point out that it was pretty fucking awful to do that, and stupid, as you would have no idea how his face would look when he's done healing.

I have a hard time reconciling that these new posters are timid and shy and scared of being bullied to post -- when the things they are being called out on are that they are acting like a bunch of shallow school yard bullies. There's a really simple way to avoid being called a jerk - don't be one.

As far as legitimate arguments and fights over differing opinions on actual issues -- that happens. It happens here a lot. Some of the posters here that I respect the most , I've had knock down battles with. I didn't melt. They didn't melt. The world went on. Sometimes people feel strongly - and state their differing opinions strongly.

What bugs, many - not all - longer term posters about the tone of the Duggar threads is that there is a difference in tone between snark on fundamentalists and just hurling insults. It's not the same thing. Another thing that is annoying is that this site is based on lots of things - but the key component is snarking / discussing the problems of fundamentalist religious extremists. Particularly as how that relates to limiting / harming women. You can't legitimately do that while you are insulting those same women for their appearance.

Calling someone fat is always going to get slammed here. The only time I have ever seen it slide is in the Rodrigues thread because Jill and David are plump and well fed while their kids live in a RV and look like a Save the Children ad. It is never okay to pick on children or the innocent. It devalues the conversation and it is simply mean-spirited and pointless. For years, the Josie is delayed posts have been attacked by people who are offended by them.

Just like Mama Mia, I would jump on a person face to face for some of the things said on her. As she points out, it is the tone that offends many of us. Too many new posters have shown up lately who do not value the culture of this board. It is changing the tone and it is going to get a reaction that is not pretty. There are plenty of posters who have been here less than a year who are irritated as well. It is not just high post count or old timers.

If Curious or treemom posted some of this nonsense, they'd both be taken to task.

And I have no doubt OKTBTK would say to my face exactly what she says on here.

1. I hope Mary Beacon is Sharon Bailgoat reincarnated. I really miss the shit Sharon says. AmenTM

2. The relentless body shaming, asinine comments about personal appearance, and the pretend concern and diagnosing of a three month old are trolling. Pure and simple. As are lengthy "first posts" telling us that we are all meanies. These trolls know FJ disapproves of this type of discussion. Admins have made announcements to that effect. Sensible newer posters and sensible long-term posters have requested that those people stop. They are just being provocative now.

3. Here is what I'm going to do in the future. Forget writing thoughtful replies. If I see an obvious troll we have a useful emoticon.

:feed-trolls:

Archived