IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Maybe no one has really caught her attention. Jill and Jessa were both very interested in their prospective mates right from the start (of what we saw on the show). And with the caveats described above, well, she just hasn't met anyone she would want to have a million children with...no one has inspired her in that direction.

She can't really go out and "meet" guys....no natural selection process the rest of us have. So that is a real limitation.

edit: typo

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. My. Gothard.

Look who I share connections with on linkedin!

15cd4jo.jpg

How best can I make use of my 3rd degree connection with ol' Smuggers? I'm thinking befriend him so I pass along inside info to FJ-thing, but I'm open to suggestions!

I don't know... I'm not sure taking care of her 200+ nieces and nephews sounds better than taking care of her own 10+ kids.... I guess I would rather be celibate than have to be available anytime anywhere to someone totally unfortunate... But it all kinda sucks.

I still have hopes that Jana and the others will find their own way to find the right person is for them. My great aunt didn't marry until she was 49. My best friend married at 40.

And lets face it. marriage is not for everyone.

Except that in the SAHD world that she lives in woman are not adults until marriage. She is a child to her parents and to her siblings with lots of responsibilities but almost no freedom. She shares a room with little girls. Dresses only the way her parents allow her to. Eats whatever is cooked that night. Reads books that are parent-approved. Takes part of whatever activities that her parents allow her to take part in. And so on. Only marriage offers her the freedom to make her own decisions and live the way she wants to live. Maybe Jana thinks pants are not so bad for casual wear, or thinks Christian rock is something she would enjoy listening to but until she gets out from under JB's umbrella of protection she will have to abide by his rules.

It is very true that Jana is under her FatherHeadhip's rules.

But if she marries, she would be under her Husband/Headship's rules.

So maybe she is just skating along. And then Jinger isn't courting yet. Our namesake.

Oh. My. Gothard.

Look who I share connections with on linkedin!

15cd4jo.jpg

How best can I make use of my 3rd degree connection with ol' Smuggers? I'm thinking befriend him so I pass along inside info to FJ-thing, but I'm open to suggestions!

OMG! I'm all for friending! I'm so intrigued.

Also, why the hell hasn't he updated it yet?

As Jana gets older, might she hit a point where she says "enough, if I'm not getting married, I'm at least going to do something" and go to college or something on her own? If she doesn't get married or leave, she's going to be a rotating J'slave for her sisters who are married with children. Would her parents seriously still view her as a child at age 40?

Statistically speaking, at least one and probably two of those kids are gay (NOT speculating on anyone in particular, just speaking generally). Given the "no touching!" courtship, I think a gay one could easily court a member of the opposite sex, enjoying the pleasure of a friend's company.

If any of the girls are lesbians and get married, I assume she would still be so brainwashed that she would see it as her duty to have sex with her husband. It's very sad really, she'd never get to have sex she really enjoyed.

If any of the guys are gay and get married, he's not going to have any real desire for his wife. Will he be able to do his duty, so to speak, and impregnate his wife? Will he be able to do it many, many times? And neither of them would ever get to have great sex either.

I know gay people have been pretending to be straight for hundreds of years, but it's the 21st century.

I'm not even sure what my point is anymore. I just think these Quiverfull parents are such awful, selfish cruel people. They didn't grow up isolated from everything, unable to date or even leave the house alone. They dated, picked their own spouses and, according to them, did a great job because they all have great marriages. Have they ever thought about how they would have reacted to living under the rules they impose on their children?

This "isolate the children, wait for god to drop a spouse on the front porch" philosophy is where they failed to think their clever plan all the way through. They want to use their overwhelming numbers to take over society/government but they seem to have an awful lot of single adults living with them and not producing any blessings.

So I'm scanning my Facebook newsfeed like any other pre-work morning and come across something that one of my writing contacts (specifically a former police officer) commented on related to the Duggars.

Forgive me if this one has been covered elsewhere. The mere headline made me ick out.

rawstory.com/2015/08/desperate-duggars-pitch-tlc-new-show-where-they-counsel-sex-abuse-victims-report/

The former police officer's comment: I suppose that might be better than them counseling people on birth control.

back to being grossed out by those people counseling anyone on anything.

As Jana gets older, might she hit a point where she says "enough, if I'm not getting married, I'm at least going to do something" and go to college or something on her own? If she doesn't get married or leave, she's going to be a rotating J'slave for her sisters who are married with children. Would her parents seriously still view her as a child at age 40?

With their concept of adulthood so focused on serving your headship and filling a quiver, paired with strong black & white thinking, my inclination is to think they just don't even consider adulthood without those aspects. It seems like those actions are what makes an adult, more so than a particular age. If Jana never marries, I wouldn't be surprised if they interpret that somewhat similarly to how a lot of us on FJ interpret the Arndt manboys.

Just to clarify, I mean that they might think of her as a "ladygirl" more than as an adult if she never marries. Not that they'll think she's super creepy.

So last night I was watching the 700 Club (it is the best thing on a 3AM) and at the end they have this segment where they take viewer questions. One of the questions was from someone named Joy asking if it was alright to break from her family because they are toxic and only see them during holidays and such.

While I doubt it was her( because why would she use her real name) I do want to hope lol. I like to imagine Joy staying in South America for a veerryy long time and making a life for herself and gaining important life skills.

I just thought it was a funny coinkidink.

Jessa is pissed that she can't make money off her pregnancy like Jill did. Poor Jessa. Guess Bin better get a real job.

http://www.people.com/article/duggars-s ... on-scandal

She liked the good life and easy money of TLC...even if her dad controlled it all.

The Duggars are entitled.

The girls are not going to have another TV show- the only reason they had the original show was because they were in a family with a large number of children, and D/T their parents' beliefs, the numbers continued to grow.

Without the other kids, none of these kids is anything special or worthy of easy money or a media/entertainment career.

The REALITY of life bites.

The cover of People Magazine again? The little princesses are clinging on to their fame with their fingernails, aren't they? It makes me wonder what hoops they would jump through for more TV exposure. Would they compromise their modesty standards? Would they diss their parents? Would they get a tatoo/listen to rock/ kiss a stranger? I get the feeling that they might be willing to do quite a bit to get back on TV and get those sweet paychecks coming in again.

The cover of People Magazine again? The little princesses are clinging on to their fame with their fingernails, aren't they? It makes me wonder what hoops they would jump through for more TV exposure. Would they compromise their modesty standards? Would they diss their parents? Would they get a tatoo/listen to rock/ kiss a stranger? I get the feeling that they might be willing to do quite a bit to get back on TV and get those sweet paychecks coming in again.

I think Jill and Jessa are starting to realize the reality that in order to support a family, provide food, clothing and shelter, SOMEONE in their families will need to a real job, that generates a steady and sustained paycheck and health care benefits. These kind of jobs usually come with workplaces beyond the home, commutes and set hours. Jill looks tired because she's finally living real life. Real life with an infant is hard work, and harder still when you're trying to make a living. I suspect Jessa will soon look equally spent. Wonder how long before someone realizes their parents did not really prepare them for life and that Gothard sold them all a false bill of goods? I expect it will not be long.

I cannot imagine going from TLC supported Duggarville and Duggartime to married and parenthood within a year's time. With the show gone, the reality really must bite!

I wonder who the rebel Duggar they reference on the cover is supposed to be. Jill, Jessa, or some other Duggar? Weird.

I bet its Amy.

zadie wrote:I wonder who the rebel Duggar they reference on the cover is supposed to be. Jill, Jessa, or some other Duggar? Weird.

It has to be Amy. She's always been the "Odd one out" to them. But she's the most normal. Go, Amy!

well, now I am, too, caught up on the new Smuggar scandal...am I supposed to act completely shocked???

I mean, he was raised with virtually no access to the outside world and then married, left the compound and used the world wide web to its full potential. Makes sense, eh? (I'm being facetious. I do not condone promiscuity. If you're not happy, leave. But with how sheltered...trapped and isolated the kids of this family grow up, you can almost not blame them for not knowing how to deal with curiosity. (I feel like "curiosity" is not the best word here but...I'm just going to leave this here and hope you guys get what I mean :) )

Okay, so... The next big scandal Joshgate Part Deux.

He is the first celebrity to be outed from the Ashley Madison hack!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ashley-madison-hack-reportedly-turns-up-first-celebrity-josh-duggar/

Here's another article about Joshie and the Ashely Madison hack. http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/08/19/josh-duggar-ashley-madison-account-paid-cheating-website/

Is it wrong for me to ROFL that one of his turn-on's is that he would like to 'teach others'. :cray-cray:

I wonder how Anna is taking this? Probably ignoring it and gazing into his eyes with love. :fyingpan:

Archived