IGNORED

Anna Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

They could sign up for Obama Care :dance:

Or that. It's literally what I did. I'm self-employed, and I am beyond happy with it. I have a chronic health condition and have gotten care far better than my family in Scotland, and even better than my old employer's plan. My plan didn't even exist until January. I'm not sure why anyone thinks healthcare is tied to your job anymore.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could sign up for Obama Care :dance:

Nope, he made way to much last year.

I'm on Obama Care too and love it. (self employed) I wouldn't be able to afford health insurance otherwise right now.

Nope, he made way to much last year.

I'm on Obama Care too and love it. (self employed) I wouldn't be able to afford health insurance otherwise right now.

Anyone can sign up for Obamacare, or a plan on healthcare.gov. You just might not get Obama to pay for it.

ANYONE can buy their own insurance policy. It's really not that big of a deal, folks. Yes, it is expensive, but Josh isn't hurting for money. Even if Josh was out of funds (highly doubt it though, me thinks J&A weren't exactly living paycheck to paycheck), JB would pay for his insurance.

After Anna gives birth, do you think the press will open another bag of worms?

Damn Skippy, salacious headlines will zing if there's any Duggar slime or crime left uncovered.

I'm not even sure anyone's waiting for Anna to drop #4.. It all depends on who gets the big scoop first and when that occurs is anyone's guess. Stories have to be vetted by sources and also have a legal team go over everything before final approval.

I just hope she doesn't birth on my birthday.

ANYONE can buy their own insurance policy. It's really not that big of a deal, folks. Yes, it is expensive, but Josh isn't hurting for money. Even if Josh was out of funds (highly doubt it though, me thinks J&A weren't exactly living paycheck to paycheck), JB would pay for his insurance.

Yes Jim Bob would take care of it. Josh is probably back under his wing of "employment" already and well insured.

His offer of hand sex was just too tempting. Who could refuse that?

*shudder* The whole time the rest of that episode, I really felt like I was intruding on their hand holding by watching. :ew:

In Norway hospitalization is free, so if you are unemployed and can't afford insurance, you don't have to worry about that because it's free anyway. We all pay taxes of course, but what we get in return in this case I guess, is free hospital and care. And if you don't have a job you still have the right to some money, and then you also pay taxes.

We have something called NAV, which is Norway's labour and welfare system that deals with benefits for unemployment, if you get sick and can't work for a period, pensions, when you have a child and are on maternity/paternity leave etc. So if you lose your job you can register as "looking for a job" at NAV, and get something called "dagpenger" (day money). It's not as much as a sallary from a job, but it is money until you find a new job (there is a limit, you can't be on this forever, but then maybe you are entitled to another type of benefit.)

You can buy extra insurance, for example "disability insurance." Everybody gets money (each month like a sallary) if they become disabled, but if you chose to buy this type of insurance you will get more money (but from the insurance company, not more from NAV.) How much you get if you don't have this extra insurance depends on how old you are and how much money you earned in you job, if you worked before becoming disabled. I also believe most, if not all, are insured in a way through their workplace so if they get injured from work they get insurance that way.

If we need to go to the doctor or get som prescription medication at the pharmacy we have to pay (called "egenandel," the amount you pay every time) until we reach a limit of around 270 dollars. So if you have a lot of headaches and want to see your doctor for it, you have to pay for that appointment (a little over 20 dollars i believe, if no equipment for bloodtests etc. are used.) If you end up being hospitalized and stay there for a long time, you don't have to pay for being there or any tests taken. When you get released and maybe have to go to your doctor for a check up in let's say 2 months, you will have to pay for that doctors appointment. When you have payed 270 dollars for doctor visits and medication, you get a "free card" and future doctors appointments and medications are free until a new year begins. There are certain situations that you don't have to pay "egenandel" and that's check ups and treatment when you're pregnant, psychiatric care for people under 18 years and some more but I don't remember.

What is not covered by this "pay 270 dollars, then "free card", is going to the dentist which can end up really expensive for some people if they have a lot of teeth problems. There are certain deseases of the teeth and gum that give you the right to get treatment either for free or at a really low cost (through NAV), and there may be certain insurances regarding dental care, but I'm not familiar with that, but in general the teeth is not really considered a part of this free care we have or a part of what you can use your "free card" for. I have never had any teeth problems or any cavities, so I only check my teeth once a year and I pay over 100 dollars for that. (It's free for people 18 and under, and from age 19-20 you only pay 25% of the price.) If you do have a really low income, though, you can ask NAV for help to pay for dental care.

Interesting. NAV is almost exactly like what we have in Canada. EI, or Employment Insurance, pays out money to people who have lost their jobs. You can even apply if you quit (best of luck), but it's guaranteed to people who are laid off. You also receive EI for one year after having a baby. It works to 1/3 of what your last wage was, but I think if you made minimum wage or around that then it matches. Sadly here, even if you're on EI or welfare you still have to pay for dental. Which I hate - I don't think dental care should be a privilege or a display of class. My dad's a dentist, so I get free dental... Super lucky. But here even if it's emergency dental, it's still not covered. Some things done by an oral-maxillofacial surgeon are covered, but otherwise no dentistry is at all. Which my dad agrees is brutal, as there is a lot more to dentistry than death. He diagnoses leukoplakia and squamous cell carcinoma all of the time. Plus infections in your mouth can spread to and affect your whole body. I agree dentists are not doctors, but if acupuncturists and naturopaths are registered with MSP, why aren't dentists?

PS in Norway you have to pay to see a doctor? Like a regular GP?

At least, Anna can now give birth in private. She won't need to be filmed for TV. She's got to be glad for this.

Exactly.. poor woman, she can finally have a private birth and I hope she has the most wonderful private birth ever. She had to be coerced into delivering on camera previously *shudder* for the cash. I can't think of anything more embarrassing than having a camera crew witness your birth and have it played out all over the world. Now if she wants to have another kid on the toilet, she can and nobody will even know.

Of all the cast of characters involved in the Josh situation, I feel worst for Anna and her kids. I'm sure Josh downplayed the molestation situation, just as he did with the cops. Imagine being married to that turkey now. I'm sure she loves him, but what a different life ahead than she'd planned, with what she thought was a rising star in the Duggar world.

Do you think Anna is still going to want to have many more babies or will common sense prevail? It sort of seems like her husband wasn't all that into #4.

I'm unclear if Arkanasas "accepted" the affordable care act/Obamacare. Some states walked away from millions just because they hate our President.

10 years ago my husband lost his job, we had Cobra for a while, however, it wasn't cheap. After Cobra ran out we paid over 1,000 a month for basic coverage for 4 healthy people. It was crazy expensive.

I'm unclear if Arkanasas "accepted" the affordable care act/Obamacare. Some states walked away from millions just because they hate our President.

States cannot opt out as it's a federal law. Arkansans can sign up. You may be thinking of Medicaid expansion.

Do you think Anna is still going to want to have many more babies or will common sense prevail? It sort of seems like her husband wasn't all that into #4.

Yeah, it's hard for me to figure out what is going on there.

- No birth control allowed

- Patriarchy

- Josh has said more or less "It's up to my wife to decide how many children we have" multiple times

- Male 'needs' for lack of a better way of putting it

All together it just doesn't compute.

That said, I always took what he said RE additional kids to mean he was OK if Anna didn't pop them out as fast as she even wanted to ... maybe to deal with her stress over not getting pregnant immediately after each kid. He is still following Quiverful, Anna just can't compete with Michelle (and likely Jill's) fertility.

As for Josh's lack of interest ... this is going to sound bad, but having kids is just what these people do. If it is an obligation or 'just a thing you do' rather than something you really think about and want, it could get ho-hum.

Probably neither. And their wedding vows included leaving the size of their family up to the Lord, in case of not wanting or common sense.

Yeah, it's hard for me to figure out what is going on there.

- No birth control allowed

- Patriarchy

- Josh has said more or less "It's up to my wife to decide how many children we have" multiple times

- Male 'needs' for lack of a better way of putting it

All together it just doesn't compute.

That said, I always took what he said RE additional kids to mean he was OK if Anna didn't pop them out as fast as she even wanted to ... maybe to deal with her stress over not getting pregnant immediately after each kid. He is still following Quiverful, Anna just can't compete with Michelle (and likely Jill's) fertility.

As for Josh's lack of interest ... this is going to sound bad, but having kids is just what these people do. If it is an obligation or 'just a thing you do' rather than something you really think about and want, it could get ho-hum.

The bolded makes me wonder if they do natural family planning. Their kids thus far have been spread out a bit but that very well could be that Anna is less fertile than the Duggar women but it could also be that they're tracking Anna's cycles and abstaining during her most fertile times. We can only hope.

The bolded makes me wonder if they do natural family planning. Their kids thus far have been spread out a bit but that very well could be that Anna is less fertile than the Duggar women but it could also be that they're tracking Anna's cycles and abstaining during her most fertile times. We can only hope.

Mmmm, the way Anna talks about pregnancy and babies all the time, I really don't think she's trying to avoid getting pregnant. Ever.

Mmmm, the way Anna talks about pregnancy and babies all the time, I really don't think she's trying to avoid getting pregnant. Ever.

If I was part of that cult with the Duggars as my inlaws, my husband working for a hate group and the cameras on me all the time, I would be talking about babies as well. As far as the world would know I would want to have at least a 100 babies. She would get so much crap if she publicly stated that she is going to plan her family. Most of the real world woudn't care but Anna's world cares very much about those things.

Of course more likely is that she really believes in leaving it up to god.

If I was part of that cult with the Duggars as my inlaws, my husband working for a hate group and the cameras on me all the time, I would be talking about babies as well. As far as the world would know I would want to have at least a 100 babies. She would get so much crap if she publicly stated that she is going to plan her family. Most of the real world woudn't care but Anna's world cares very much about those things.

Of course more likely is that she really believes in leaving it up to god.

Ya but she could just not say anything or say something else. She could just SAY they're leaving it up to God but practice family planning. I really don't think she is. Remember how she said she was jealous over the phone when Jill announced and how she had baby fever when Mikey, I think, was like 2 months old? The girl pees koolaid.

Ya but she could just not say anything or say something else. She could just SAY they're leaving it up to God but practice family planning. I really don't think she is. Remember how she said she was jealous over the phone when Jill announced and how she had baby fever when Mikey, I think, was like 2 months old? The girl pees koolaid.

She's up to 4 kids in 6 years. How many would she have if she were practicing family planning? No way is she doing any kind of planning except for to have a mess of kids running around.

She's up to 4 kids in 6 years. How many would she have if she were practicing family planning? No way is she doing any kind of planning except for to have a mess of kids running around.

They've been married almost 7 years actually. Their wedding was 9/26/2008. Mackynzie was born on 10/8/2009 so about 54 weeks after their wedding. Pregnancies are ~40 weeks long so they got pregnant around 3 months in.

Michael was born on 6/15/2011 around 88 weeks after Mackynzie. This means it took nearly a year to get pregnant again.

Marcus was born on 6/2/2013, around 102 weeks after Michael. That's well over a year before Anna got pregnant again.

I read somewhere that M4 is due on July 10th, so around 110 weeks after Marcus was born. Again, well over a year before Anna got pregnant again.

So either Anna has lower fertility than other women her age (or maybe Josh's does), they aren't having sex very often (seems unlikely given we're talking about Josh here), or they are doing some sort of planning. Based on how stressed they were in the beginning when Anna wasn't pregnant right away, I'm leaning towards the latter options. The times between pregnancies are getting longer and longer as time goes on.

BTW, I got my names and birthdates from Duggar Family Blog so it's possible they aren't correct.

Um...4 children in less than seven years is still a lot. While some women will get pregnant a few months after every birth, even while breastfeeding --- it's hardly the norm.

That's why you have shows about women who have delivered 19 children -- it's very unusual. Not unheard of, obviously, but certainly not the norm.

To me, the bolded only means that Josh knows it sounds super shitty to flat out say he's going to impregnate her as much as he can. He knows it sounds better if the woman acts like she's in charge. Doesn't Jim Bob say the same thing?

Um...4 children in less than seven years is still a lot. While some women will get pregnant a few months after every birth, even while breastfeeding --- it's hardly the norm.

That's why you have shows about women who have delivered 19 children -- it's very unusual. Not unheard of, obviously, but certainly not the norm.

I'm not saying it's not a lot. :lol: Just pointing out that if they have sex as often as Josh wants to (as he was likely taught by JB & M to have sex as often as possible), I find it hard to believe that the pregnancies are even that far apart without some sort of reason. FJers are speculating that Jill will be pregnant within the next few months so why is it weird to wonder why Anna's pregnancies aren't closer together. I don't necessarily WANT them to have more kids or wish they had they closer together, just curious really.

Archived