You know, you've gotta love these people. Just when you think they must have maxxed out the crazy, they come out with more. It's really quite entertaining.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for dominating this thread everybody. I'm taking a week off from intense end-of-the-line wedding planning. What better way than kicking my feet up and reading mindless drivel like Ken's words in the sooper sekrit comment section of today's post, and of course commenting on it??

Ken: Thank you for the kind responses.

This is something that I have been thinking upon for some time, but it got put to paper after watching good and godly Christian's get crucified by the media because they stand for truth. The media and too many in America seem to think that if a Christian is not "perfect" in their life they have no business speaking truth. Past sins never disqualify a Believer as God wants us looking forward, not wallowing in the past.

Christians must stand for the truth even if they have sins in their closet. Who better than a past sinner to know the pitfalls of sin and to cry out to try and save others from the same destruction sin brings. The power of Lori's blog comes from her difficult marriage for too many years which is now fully healed.

If we put all Christians in a box that they must be perfect before they can speak God's Word, who will be the preacher or teacher? This is why it is important to get it right, that speaking truth is not condemning, and it is not casting stones. There is nothing hateful about God's Word, even if at times it stings us and brings us to attention to the deficits in our own lives.

Maybe how we present it can be more loving, but too many never say a word for fear of offending, and what will we say to our lost friends in the day of judgment to excuse our lack of love for not sharing the truth that we have found?

Lori is an example of what needs to be taking place in the church with her gifting for telling the truth and modeling righteousness, yet I have yet to see her ever be uncaring to, or be upset with someone who doesn't believe in submission, makes mistakes, or even gets a divorced. She speaks the truth on her blog but she will be the first to try to comfort the sinner and tell them their sins are forgiven in 30 A.D. for all who believe it, "go and sin no more." No stone throwing at those who sin, but speaking the truth to call them out of their sin and into all that God has in store for their lives and marriages if they just choose God's ways. And if they don't, try to love them even more

As a Christian, I've never felt that people expect me to be perfect; nor have I expected that of anybody else. What I DO expect of myself and other Christians - my fellow human beings, actually - is humility, obedience to laws, and a lack of hypocrisy. The Duggar family, for instance, did not follow the law after their son molested their daughters. Josh showed absolutely NO humility when he gave his "apology," nor have his parents shown any humility in how they've handled this situation.

The Alexanders have never shown an ounce of humility in their writing and they condone illegal actions, such as encouraging a wife to help her husband cheat on her taxes and to stay married to a child molester. Just today, Ken claims to be friends with an embezzler, yet has not stated what legal actions should be taken against said embezzler. He claims he is friends with an adulterer yet counsels women to stay with unfaithful husbands, making it clear that a man who cheats is worthy of forgiveness but a woman who leaves a cheater is not.

Lori has publicly criticized her neighbors for having filthy houses, shamed women for being overweight and condoned such actions as a man locking his wife in a cabin as discipline. She has one of the meanest spirits I have ever encountered and there is no changing a person like her but if Ken thinks "our presentation could be more loving," he needs to start with his own wife. As for her never being uncaring....I. JUST. CAN'T.

Finally, if Ken wants to present things in a more loving manner, he could start by publicly apologizing for calling working women "Whores of Babylon." I'd like to know how that phrase has any place at all in a loving message.

Now, just for fun, let's start a list of times any of us has witnessed Lori Alexander be a caring person.

Who wants to go first?

Anybody?

Now, just for fun, let's start a list of times any of us has witnessed Lori Alexander be a caring person.

Who wants to go first?

Anybody?

Oooh, I remember one time she essentially told a woman whose son would never learn to walk or feed himself because he caught a vaccine-preventable disease* to shut the fuck up about vaccines and her story because Lori knew some parents whose children acted differently after having vaccines, so Lori could never support vaccinations.

Does that count as being caring?

If not, I've got nothing...

*He couldn't be vaccinated for medical reasons and caught it from a friend of the family who chose not to vaccinate.

Thee have been a few days on which she has failed to publish a post, sparing us her snotty self righteousness for a bit.

That is kind of nice of her.

Lori caring and compassionate?

Well there was that one time when she talked about a pastor at her church about to drop dead any day now ...

D'ya mean like that kind of caring and compassionate?

He was probably expecting a gay party to be a bunch of dudes having an orgy and doing drugs while dressed in leather bondage gear.

Yet Ken attended anyway...? He must have been disappointed.

Who wants to go first?

Anybody?

Last Sunday Lori wrote:

My granddaughter was visiting me and playing with an item I owned. She dropped it on her foot and the item broke. After she was done crying, she looked at me and said, "I'm so sorry I broke your thing, Grandma." I looked at her and said, "Oh, that's okay. It's just going to burn someday."

Lori didn't scold her granddaughter for breaking her "thing." And Lori kindly reminded her that the apocalypse is coming and her home and toys and all her "things" are just going to burn up anyway. What sweet grandma she is!

Last Sunday Lori wrote:

My granddaughter was visiting me and playing with an item I owned. She dropped it on her foot and the item broke. After she was done crying, she looked at me and said, "I'm so sorry I broke your thing, Grandma." I looked at her and said, "Oh, that's okay. It's just going to burn someday."

Lori didn't scold her granddaughter for breaking her "thing." And Lori kindly reminded her that the apocalypse is coming and her home and toys and all her "things" are just going to burn up anyway. What sweet grandma she is!

I remember reading that and thinking... :? ...Who says that to a child? Now the poor thing is probably having nightmares about fires and getting beaten for waking her parents.

I have said to small children who break something "Your feelings are more important than my things. Don't be sad." I learned that from my aunt and have always thought it was a beautiful saying. Now that Lori has tainted it, though.... :cry:

I know I say this all the time.

But I want to remove one of my limbs with a rusty saw whenever I see the phrases "big salad" and "fix nourishing food"

I seriously clenched just typing those.

post-8463-1445200046413_thumb.jpg

I've been to a gay party where almost everyone got naked!

Of course, I should add that it was a end of school year party hosted by the (presumably gay, seeing as how they were legally married) moms of one of Darth Kid's preschool classmates, and the people getting naked were all under 6, and got that way because the sprinkler and the hose made an appearance and what kid can resist a sprinkler on a hot May day?

The parents were drinking wine and eating fantastic nibbles, benevolently watching 15 kids getting naked and running through the sprinklers. It was an awesome day. :lol:

This stuff is just comic gold tonight.

I find it is the ardent left wingers who have now been taught to "win at all costs" and this means if you are losing the argument, go after the person personally, and use ridicule because the ends justifies the means. Herein is the problem with the haters in that they feel justified to hate whoever does not view life the way they do, and their college professor told them it is OK to do so by his actions, words and deeds. Most of the disdain for the Christian community comes out of secular colleges that were once Christian.

Um ....anybody know how we ended up talking about college professors?

Ken · 6 hours ago

Great Yvonne,

There is no thought there that was not given by a friend, nor one that God did not give. Nothing belongs to me. Actually a few of the thoughts come from one of my gay Christian friends. Yes, you can be a Christian and have gay desires, but to do so means you struggle against the sin, just as I must struggle against my sins that can so easily beset me.

Above Ken tries desperately to say "I don't hate gays. Some of my best friends are gay." I'm sure his (imaginary) gay friend is thrilled that Ken is using him as an example of sin.

Rob · 2 hours ago

Ken, this post is so heart felt that i sincerely teared up reading it!!!! I absolutely agree when you said you have your own set of weaknesses and temptations and that you will not cast stones at anyone!! Sometimes that is very hard to do, not cast stones when we live in a world of such brokenness and pain. But that is truth what you speak, the Bruce Jenner topic was brought up on face book on my wife's page and and a heated debate took place to which i stepped in and put an end to it!!! We are not to judge others for their sin, simply to make sure we are watering our own grass with truth and let God do His work.

After all God does not make mistakes, we do. All of us Christians or not!!

But what is so amazing is that as a Christian my past present and future sins are forgiven!!!!

I am going to print off this post today with your permission and keep it with me!!!!

Thank you my friend

But best of all, we have good ole Rob who is so mellow, caring and righteous that he gets to shut down comments on his wife's Facebook page. Her friend count is probably quite low.

If a wife works, that automatically means the couple is incapable of having a conversation about division of labor and following through with it.

From today's posting. Lori has talked about writing a book before and Ken has encouraged her. I honestly, hope they get rejected by publishing companies. Yeah, she could self publish and try promoting the book herself . I think she would crash and burn, if that happened.

My life is hidden with God. I have missed MANY things in my life: weddings, vacations, eating out, get together, parties, etc. My health problems {brain tumor, neck fusion, and weak gut} have caused me to miss out on life and living. Or have they?

I used to look at Facebook and see all those I know having a wonderful time while I was home in pain. It used to make be envious, but it doesn't anymore. I know, without a doubt, that I am right where God wants me to be. I am hidden with Him. Due to my health, I learned I could write! I learned I could blog and minister to other women right here in my home. I woke up one morning over four years ago and decided I would try blogging. I didn't think I was a good writer at all but I knew I LOVED to teach. I sat at my computer for a minute and thought, "What should be the name of my blog? Always Learning. That's what I'll call it." You know the rest of the story.

Ken has been encouraging me to write a book. One morning last year, I woke up and decided to write a book. I thought, "Mmmm, what should I call it? I thought of a name right then and there. {I don't want to say it in case I ever publish it!}" I spent the next few weeks writing it. It didn't take long. You see the length of my posts. It doesn't take me long to write what I want to write. After writing a bit, I told Ken, "I don't have anything else to say. It's not very long but I'm done. I said all I needed to say!" My sister told me she enjoys books that aren't that long since long books usually say the same thing over and over again. We may or may not publish it. We'll see.

Anyways, God has used me in my hidden years with Him. He's allowed me to minister to many women. During my many sleepless night, He puts a song in my head praising Him that plays over and over again that gets me through the pain-filled nights. Every morning, I teach the Word of God to the chat room and by texting some women who I've mentored over the years. Every morning, I spend time in His Word marking up my Bible with highlighter pens. I love studying the Word of God. It NEVER gets old. I've become a MUCH better wife. Just ask Ken! We rarely argue anymore and if a discussion begins to get a little heated, I back off quickly knowing that arguing is not pleasing to the Lord and in arguing, I'm not respecting him. Ken, more often than not, feels respected and appreciated by me now. We LOVE being married to each other!

It took Paul over 14 years after his conversion to begin his ministry {Galatians 2:1}. Moses was in the desert MANY years before he led the Israelites out of Egypt. If you are in a hard, painful place, don't be discouraged. You are right where God wants you to be. You may not be a writer or blogger, but every person has a special gift from God and He will give you a ministry right where you are even if it is simply praying for others, which this world desperately needs.

As long as God is on His throne, which is forever, He will use you for His purposes. Rest in this knowledge and allow Him to mold you into the image of His dear Son during your hidden years with Him.

For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 3:3

***I had my yearly MRI several weeks ago to see if my brain tumor had grown or not. It'll always be nerve wracking during the waiting period between the MRI and the doctor's call. He finally called and said that it was either the same size or a bit smaller. {Cyber Knife doesn't get rid of the tumor; it's purpose is to "control" the tumor from growing.} I am also seeing a naturopath to test my hormones and supplement any that may be fading from damage from the radiation. I'll get the blood results in several weeks to see how my little pituitary is holding up! {It's been smashed several times, manipulated by neurosurgeons as they tried to remove the tumor and radiated, so it's been quite beat upon.} My vision continues to be very good; no change at all. Praise the Lord!

My sister told me she enjoys books that aren't that long since long books usually say the same thing over and over again.

Only if they're poorly written, Lori. Or written by someone who repeats the same things over and over again on her blog. :roll:

We may or may not publish it. We'll see.

Fishing much? :lol:

Wait, now Lori loves to teach? I thought she hated it so much that she lied to her husband and sabotaged her birth control so that she never had to go back to doing it :?

Bleating self-righteously on the internet and deleting all dissent =/= teaching.

Although I guess she was right about not being a very good writer. A moment of humility and self-awareness! Well done, indeed.

Only if they're poorly written, Lori. Or written by someone who repeats the same things over and over again on her blog. :roll:

Yeah. Like the Bible. Long book but it's all Good. Evil. Good. Evil. Over and over again.

We may or may not publish it. We'll see.

Fishing much? :lol:

Fishing? Hell, it's like dragging meat through shark infested waters. All the fangirls and guys will be begging to be enlightened by the great one.

Yeah. Like the Bible. Long book but it's all Good. Evil. Good. Evil. Over and over again.

Fishing? Hell, it's like dragging meat through shark infested waters. All the fangirls and guys will be begging to be enlightened by the great one.

All long books are boring? What an ignorant cluck. I wonder if she's ever read one of those scary "long books."

Actually, the Bible is kinda long. Way too long for Lori, who could be "fixing healthy food" instead of wasting her time reading.

Why does she have so many "gut issues" if she spends so much time a-fixing healthy food? And Ken and Cassi do too. You'd think she's been buying them supper from McDonalds like those evil working women.

If Lori had a crockpot and 15 minutes of time each morning, she could fix healthy food AND earn some money, instead of lazing around on the internet all day.

I ask again: what is it about employment that inherently removes a woman's ability to have a conversation with her partner about the division of labor and then following through with what is decided? Why does employment automatically mean fighting about who does the dishes?

Have a plan about who does what. Then do it.

Rocket science, I tell you.

I ask again: what is it about employment that inherently removes a woman's ability to have a conversation with her partner about the division of labor and then following through with what is decided? Why does employment automatically mean fighting about who does the dishes?

Have a plan about who does what. Then do it.

Rocket science, I tell you.

But then they can't get off on the power struggle. It's the only foreplay Lori gets with 10 minute Kennyboy.

I thought it was strange that it is Father's Day, and Lori chooses to write a post about . . . herself.

To be fair, Ken seems to've always been galavanting off on business trips or basketball games and not doing much active fathering. The kids grew up with a nanny, a housekeeper and a mother who locked herself in her room all day. Happy father's day, nanny!

But enough snark ... I am DYING to read Lori's book. Oh, Lori, please please please publish your book!

To be fair, Ken seems to've always been galavanting off on business trips or basketball games and not doing much active fathering. The kids grew up with a nanny, a housekeeper and a mother who locked herself in her room all day. Happy father's day, nanny!

But enough snark ... I am DYING to read Lori's book. Oh, Lori, please please please publish your book!

Exactly, I think the only fond memories those kids have of their dad are of the financial assistance he gives them as adults...."Yeah, he was a lousy father when we were growing up, but he's paying our bills, so...."

I like how she is not sharing the name of her "book" so that we don't steal it.

Unfortunately for her, I think I have guessed the book's name. I think it's called "Ten Minutes is Not So Long." (Steal it away, ladies.) Here are some of the chapters:

Pick Up Those Raisins! Building a Loving, Trusting Relationship with Your Kids

The Miracle of Coconut Lube

Big Salads--The Godliest Meal

Who Cares if He's a Grown Man? Controlling What Your Family Eats

Avoiding Work, Part I ("Ken, We Really Need a Nanny. . .")

Avoiding Work, Part II ("Fixing Meals Really IS a Full-Time Job")

Convincing Your Husband that a Job is Exhausting (For You, Not Him)

The Size Six was Enormous . . (Making Other Women Feel Bad Without Seeming To)

Jumping When He Says Jump: The Great Joy and Power of Submission

You Can Never Say No: The Christian Road to Sexual Happiness.

Can anyone think of any other chapters?

Archived