IGNORED

Lack of interest in Maxwell conferences

SPHASH

I agree. Although, these books aren't completely useless: you can make a fire with them, or paper planes, or other handicrafts...

btw, I tried to search this info, but couldn't find anything, does anyone know how old Teri and Stevehova are?

They would also make great toilet paper. I obviously stand corrected.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I'm wondering, too.

All in all, they seem more concerned with filling as many boxes as possible than with giving children quality gifts, probably because it looks better to say "We donated a hundred boxes" than "We donated twenty boxes, but with really good gifts."

I would actually be kind of embarrassed to show up with boxes filled with leftover Easter candy, dollar store flip flops, and polyester knit caps.

And I'm with Danvillebelle, the fact that these three women lack the imagination and/or childhood experiences to know how to pack up a shoe box with toys and treats a little kid would like shows just how friggin' weird they are. This actually bothers me even more than the stilted Moody books for some reason.

They would also make great toilet paper. I obviously stand corrected.

Nah, I think your original statement stands. Because toilet paper or firestarter is still a pretty crappy gift for a kid. Even craft paper as a gift is meh when it's all white with black ink on it and arrives bound like a book, lol. :lol:

Nah, I think your original statement stands. Because toilet paper or firestarter is still a pretty crappy gift for a kid. Even craft paper as a gift is meh when it's all white with black ink on it and arrives bound like a book, lol. :lol:

You are right! I got so caught up in snarking on the Maxwells and their shitty self-published literature that I forgot all about the children.

It is evident that I have made the Maxwell family an idol.

I think the shoebox stash looks fine. I dont like the OCC mission but, at the age that Anna and Mary are now, I thought the project was innocent and loved making up boxes. The gift lists they suggest ask for stocking filler stuff, small toys, stationery, hard candy, personal hygiene items, and small clothing items like hats and gloves. They have done well I think. I also seem to remember that you only put an elastic band round the box so they can be checked and the stash changed up if some boxes have more or less than others. I imagine their boxes will be a nice bit of loot for the recipients

Shame about the Death Tracts that will go in before delivery. :?

One of the ABC girls had a birthday. Tina??? If I remember correctly, she and Joshie turned 3 this year. She was blessed with a balloon penis hat for her head.... :shock:

When Mel's kids have things like birthdays, do ya think they can celebrate like most families and have BOTH sides over for cake (or whatever)??? I'm guessing they have 2 parties. If one of Mel's sisters showed up in shorts and/or a tank top or started talking about collage/career, I believe Steve would have a stroke!! Can't give his girl children any ideas!

My guess is separate whenever possible. Melanie's parents and at least two siblings went to the girls' baptism, but that's kind of hard to justify doing twice. I think I'd like that just fine if I were one of those children. I mean, could you imagine all of your birthday parties with Mr. Two Animal Crackers looming in the background? No thank you.

My guess is separate whenever possible. Melanie's parents and at least two siblings went to the girls' baptism, but that's kind of hard to justify doing twice. I think I'd like that just fine if I were one of those children. I mean, could you imagine all of your birthday parties with Mr. Two Animal Crackers looming in the background? No thank you.

Fellow FJers,

I just checked the comments on the Christina birthday post. Did JohnHugh strike again? :)

My how time fly’s. She is really a big girl now. So cute. Love the balloon hat. Does Uncle Christopher still do those?

When is the next little baby Maxwell due?

Blessings,

Johnna

>>>>>

Yes, he does. October.

btw, I tried to search this info, but couldn't find anything, does anyone know how old Teri and Stevehova are?

59 and 63, respectively.

Fellow FJers,

I just checked the comments on the Christina birthday post. Did JohnHugh strike again? :)

Stormieskyecrafting.com

I think I have seen Johnna on other h/s blogs and the above link seems to be her.

Stormieskyecrafting.com

I think I have seen Johnna on other h/s blogs and the above link seems to be her.

Ah, I see. I just went to her blog and saw that she's promoting Sweet Journey.

As far as Johnna's comment goes, I'm amused by the grammar - sounds Maxwellian. Also, Steve wouldn't have had to expend any more than two animal crackers' worth of calories to post that terse reply to her questions.

Poor Johnna. She writes a nice comment on the Maxwell's blog. She promotes their Titus2 website on her blog. She gets a four word reply to her comment. He couldn't even manage a complete sentence for the baby question.

Steve, that great conversationalist stuff is really workin' for ya! Sign me up!!

59 and 63, respectively.

Do you have a source for Teri? My unsourced notes say they're both 63.

59 and 63, respectively.

Thanks, they are younger than I thought.

The source is a web site akin to LexisNexis. DOBs, car registrations, addresses, phone numbers and more are all available if one has access to the right places.

[i do not use it for personal curiosity often and even then only for an age or something, not DOBs or anything useful to a criminal.]

This is why the kids writing is shit. Even Steve and Teri lack conversation skills. Has there ever been a reply by any member of the Maxwell family that is not a vague couple of words that sort of answer the question. I get more in depth responses from my three year old.

I bet conversation in Maxhell is just them all speaking in three or four words unless Steve is boring everyone to death about the Bible and where theyre going to go when they die. They are just so weird and socially stunted, theyre like aliens badly disguised as humans.

Whats wrong with actually answering questions in a polite way? Is it sinful to be friendly to non cult members? Are they so afraid of even supporting blog commenters that they cant bring themselves to use proper words around them? Is that how they actually speak to eachother at home? Does Steve hit them with a Bible if they say too many words to strangers?

This is why the kids writing is shit. Even Steve and Teri lack conversation skills. Has there ever been a reply by any member of the Maxwell family that is not a vague couple of words that sort of answer the question. I get more in depth responses from my three year old.

I bet conversation in Maxhell is just them all speaking in three or four words unless Steve is boring everyone to death about the Bible and where theyre going to go when they die. They are just so weird and socially stunted, theyre like aliens badly disguised as humans.

Whats wrong with actually answering questions in a polite way? Is it sinful to be friendly to non cult members? Are they so afraid of even supporting blog commenters that they cant bring themselves to use proper words around them? Is that how they actually speak to eachother at home? Does Steve hit them with a Bible if they say too many words to strangers?

From the sales pitch for Making Great Conversationalists.

Don’t think that one-word replies, short answers, and lack of interest in others is normal for a child’s conversation. It’s not, and you can do something to change it.

Epic fail, Steve. Epic fail.

So, is the conference tour on or off? Inquiring minds want to know!!

I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for a decision!!

Am I correct that Steve served in the Air Force? Maybe he treats words like Ruffles and Flourishes - he awards more of them for how vigorously the commenter humps his leg.

capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/449/~/significance-of-the-number-of-ruffles-and-flourishes

Steve was born August 7th, 1951. Teri was born in September 1955, but I can't find my sources, sorry. I think it is from putting together different references on Titus2.

I definitely remember Teri's age because I was shocked to discover that she is 3 months younger than me. I thought she was about 5 years my senior when I saw her in person. I must say I think I am better preserved, but I may be deep in denial about my looks! :lol:

I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for a decision!!

I am still waiting for your LOLmaxwells and Rodriguii to fill the void left by the tool....

I definitely remember Teri's age because I was shocked to discover that she is 3 months younger than me. I thought she was about 5 years my senior when I saw her in person. I must say I think I am better preserved, but I may be deep in denial about my looks! :lol:

Granted some folks age differently than others, but I pegged her as being older as well. I wonder if years of untreated depression are partly to blame????

Hahahaha fail.

Steve is setting such a bad example by breaking his own rules. He is such a hypocrite. He can answer with just a few words and a total lack of interest to other people's questions and comments, but I bet he would go absolutely mad and lecture for hours if someone answered in that way to him. I bet he is fine with his kids responding like that to people, because he knows they are such good conversationalists, but he would probably be pissed off if they did not speak in full sentences to him.

Granted some folks age differently than others, but I pegged her as being older as well. I wonder if years of untreated depression are partly to blame????

Teri does look old and worn out. But I think that with a good makeover, like a new haircut, some hair coloring and a little make-up, she could look younger. But of course, those things are probably banned in Maxhell.

Archived