IGNORED

Lack of interest in Maxwell conferences

SPHASH

My best guess is that, initially, Teri abdicated responsibility to Steve as a survival technique, when she was too overwhelmed to co angthing else.

Somewhere along the line she started to recognise the advantages of "submission" and to enjoy them, in sickness and health.

As of now, I definitely see her as mostly being smug, self-satisfied, passive-agressive and mean.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She also seems to have become phenomenally lazy. The scheduling is the cover. Her daughters now do all the cooking and cleaning while she generates her written pearls of wisdom. Her older children were literally scheduled to play with the younger ones each day, no doubt so she could have her quiet time. The kids used to pack and then unpack the bus on those tours. She is too busy being submissive.

I actually wonder what Teri does all day. Homeschooling is over, the live-in servants daughters do all the housework, their business seems to slow down, and hobbies or things other ladies her age like to do are banned, cause they could be fun.

I actually wonder what Teri does all day. Homeschooling is over, the live-in servants daughters do all the housework, their business seems to slow down, and hobbies or things other ladies her age like to do are banned, cause they could be fun.

And apparently, Sarah does a lot of the Mom's Corner articles.

I remember some of the more recent schedules had her doing inversion therapy for quite a bit of the day for her back.

I'm guessing she still does a lot of monitoring of activities and supervises everything the girls do in the house - she still does the schedules and tells them if they've done things right or wrong.

And apparently, Sarah does a lot of the Mom's Corner articles.

I remember some of the more recent schedules had her doing inversion therapy for quite a bit of the day for her back.

I'm guessing she still does a lot of monitoring of activities and supervises everything the girls do in the house - she still does the schedules and tells them if they've done things right or wrong.

Sarah is in her 30's, and Mary is 18. Do they really not know if they've done something right or not? Does Teri really think they still need to be told? :cray-cray:

It is 15 June! Last chance to book the Maxhells for a Fall Conference! :D

And no "heart tug" responses AT ALL on the blog post, although there have been comments since about the shoe box malarkey.

Bible Time will no doubt involve a New Year style wailing wall as Stevus comes to terms with his newfound unpopularity. :lol:

Sarah is in her 30's, and Mary is 18. Do they really not know if they've done something right or not? Does Teri really think they still need to be told? :cray-cray:

you're never an adult in the religion of Stevehovah. So yes everything still has to be told

you're never an adult in the religion of Stevehovah. So yes everything still has to be told

Don't ask me why I was surprised but I was surprised a couple years ago when Sarah wrote that they had to ask Teri's permission to skip some scheduled cleaning or something one Saturday and help a then pregnant Melanie with housework.

Sarah and Anna were both well into adulthood at that point.

i stupidly thought the adult children were at the least able to schedule their own time, but I guess not.

Apparently it's ok to buy candy with the word Easter on the package, and stuffed Easter toys, but only after Resurrection Sunday, and only if the stuff's on sale. And only if it's for poor kids.

Will that candy really keep until Christmas?

Are they seriously going to give chocolate bunnies to kids for Christmas? How cheap are these people?! And it's probably dollar store quality chocolate that's full of wax too, instead of real chocolate.

Are they seriously going to give chocolate bunnies to kids for Christmas? How cheap are these people?! And it's probably dollar store quality chocolate that's full of wax too, instead of real chocolate.

The candy will keep because it is crappy candy that has enough preservatives in it so it can lasts a really long time.

The candy will keep because it is crappy candy that has enough preservatives in it so it can lasts a really long time.

Looks like Gummy Krabbies (Spongebob Squarepants?) and Smarties little non chocolate candies . Not sure how long gummies last.

Also admiring the combination of white stocking caps and multi color dollar store flip flops. (Where exactly do these children live that they need cheap flip flops and stocking caps?)

Part of me is kind of bummed now that it's looking like the Maxwells won't be doing any more conference tours. I really wanted to go to one, just to see all that crazy in person.

I thought of going last fall when they were in my area, but decided I was too busy. Now I feel a bit like those people in '77 who passed up on seeing Elvis cause he had let himself go.

Edited for riffles.

Looks like Gummy Krabbies (Spongebob Squarepants?) and Smarties little non chocolate candies . Not sure how long gummies last.

Also admiring the combination of white stocking caps and multi color dollar store flip flops. (Where exactly do these children live that they need cheap flip flops and stocking caps?)

Yeah, I really doubt any of those children live in areas where knit stocking caps are ever needed. Also, those flip flops look like the kind that break after a few days of wear. If it were all the Maxwells could afford and they just really wanted to do something nice, I would let it go. But I suspect they could be doing far, far more.

One of the ABC girls had a birthday. Tina??? If I remember correctly, she and Joshie turned 3 this year. She was blessed with a balloon penis hat for her head.... :shock:

When Mel's kids have things like birthdays, do ya think they can celebrate like most families and have BOTH sides over for cake (or whatever)??? I'm guessing they have 2 parties. If one of Mel's sisters showed up in shorts and/or a tank top or started talking about collage/career, I believe Steve would have a stroke!! Can't give his girl children any ideas!

Direct from the Operation Christmas Child page at Samaritan's Purse, all caps added by me for emphasis: DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; CHOCOLATE OR FOOD; OUT-OF-DATE-CANDY; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.

Our church does the OCC boxes and we fill four every year. I always thought that the whole POINT was to give some special little *things* to kids that have nothing - small toys, crayons and a coloring book, a pretty comb or brush, a small doll, yo-yos, jump ropes, etc. Not food that can be consumed in 2 minutes and is then gone.

And giving yarn (and one can only hope a crochet hook) to a girl whom they have NO idea if she has that skill or not? Or has anyone who could teach her? That's just...weird.

They are so freaking isolated from reality they can't pack an OCC box. This is basic, everyday-non-fundie-mainstream Christian stuff. That's pretty damn pitiful, Stevehovah. :penguin-no:

ETA: I suppose one could shop for them anytime, but we don't shop for them till November - it's something we look forward to doing at that time of year, part of the season.

Part of me is kind of bummed now that it's looking like the Maxwells won't be doing any more conference tours. I really wanted to go to one, just to see all that crazy in person.

I thought of going last fall when they were in my area, but decided I was too busy. Now I feel a bit like those people in '77 who passed up on seeing Elvis cause he had let himself go.

Edited for riffles.

This made me laugh. For some reason I pictured Steve in a studded white jump suit, huge belt and bling sunglasses giving his Energize! program. Oh, and a cape!

This made me laugh. For some reason I pictured Steve in a studded white jump suit, huge belt and bling sunglasses giving his Energize! program. Oh, and a cape!

Hey, Steve! The Lord laid it on my heart to inspire you with a picture of Jonas Nightingale to Energize! your ministry.

post-13301-14452000454464_thumb.jpg

Direct from the Operation Christmas Child page at Samaritan's Purse, all caps added by me for emphasis: DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; CHOCOLATE OR FOOD; OUT-OF-DATE-CANDY; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.

Our church does the OCC boxes and we fill four every year. I always thought that the whole POINT was to give some special little *things* to kids that have nothing - small toys, crayons and a coloring book, a pretty comb or brush, a small doll, yo-yos, jump ropes, etc. Not food that can be consumed in 2 minutes and is then gone.

And giving yarn (and one can only hope a crochet hook) to a girl whom they have NO idea if she has that skill or not? Or has anyone who could teach her? That's just...weird.

They are so freaking isolated from reality they can't pack an OCC box. This is basic, everyday-non-fundie-mainstream Christian stuff. That's pretty damn pitiful, Stevehovah. :penguin-no:

ETA: I suppose one could shop for them anytime, but we don't shop for them till November - it's something we look forward to doing at that time of year, part of the season.

The only fitting hobby for a godly young woman, after she has finished her chores and bible reading is sewing? What else would a young woman do with her free time? It is what the Maxwell women do with their free time, it must be what everyone else does?

I get buying stuff on sale, I'm a sale junkie, but a small amount of good high quality stuff is just as good, if not better than a bunch a cheep crap.

One of the reasons OCC asks you not to give edibles is because of allergies. These are going to families who may not be able to afford or access medical care and may or may not have been exposed to all the ingredients in common US candies before. If a child has a serious allergic reaction to something they have eaten out of an OCC box, it could be a potentially life-threatening situation. Or you could be giving a child a box of things he or she cannot use because they know they are allergic.

Are some of the fundie women going to throw their granny panties at Stevehovah Presley?

Why do they think older girls need yarn?

This is what I'm wondering, too.

All in all, they seem more concerned with filling as many boxes as possible than with giving children quality gifts, probably because it looks better to say "We donated a hundred boxes" than "We donated twenty boxes, but with really good gifts."

All in all, they seem more concerned with filling as many boxes as possible than with giving children quality gifts, probably because it looks better to say "We donated a hundred boxes" than "We donated twenty boxes, but with really good gifts."

Sadly, I think one could also argue that the entire Quiverfull movement follows the same philosophy: quantity over quality.

I really hope they don't send their Moody books in the OCC boxes. What a crappy Christmas that would be.

I agree. Although, these books aren't completely useless: you can make a fire with them, or paper planes, or other handicrafts...

btw, I tried to search this info, but couldn't find anything, does anyone know how old Teri and Stevehova are?

Archived