IGNORED

Lack of interest in Maxwell conferences

SPHASH

One wonders. They were until Mary hit 18 and gave a crap what everyone looked like, anyway. The makeovers she's given her sisters would've gotten them called whores by the judgy exercises they made Sarah do when she was 18. I wonder if Sarah ever remembers wanting to wear eye liner or contrasting buttons and wonders why things are different now that Mary is the family stylist.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve was born August 7th, 1951. Teri was born in September 1955, but I can't find my sources, sorry. I think it is from putting together different references on Titus2.

xsnipx:

OMG Steve has the same birthday as my first great love. But FGL is much more fun, he owns racehorses, breeds them and hopes for the best. Drinks beer and eats KFC and has a son who's a Navy Seal. Much better than what Steve can say for his boys. :music-tool:

I need to doublecheck but I think my spreadsheet has Teri as the same age as Steve. Her birthday is in August, too.

Okay, so checking my spreadsheet:

Steve's birthday is August 7, 1951.

Teri's birthday is August 17, 1951.

They were married Aug 19, 1974.

This year both Steve and Teri turn 64, and they will have been married 41 years.

All of these dates are from combing the blog.

Well, now this is strange. I'm checking the blog and it says Steve and Teri were married on her birthday. I could have sworn they were different days. I am also positive they had listed her age when she turned 60 on that birthday post (would have been in 2011).

I feel like I'm going nuts, because it seems like something on the blog has changed.

I am still waiting for your LOLmaxwells and Rodriguii to fill the void left by the tool....

This would be way easier, if they Maxwells liked to dress up in period costume!

post-76-14452000462823_thumb.jpg

Okay, so checking my spreadsheet:

Steve's birthday is August 7, 1951.

Teri's birthday is August 17, 1951.

They were married Aug 19, 1974.

This year both Steve and Teri turn 64, and they will have been married 41 years.

All of these dates are from combing the blog.

Okay, this is what I had, too, and I combed the blog as well. But I did the research years ago and didn't document the source, so I'd begun to doubt myself.

And now we have folks with differing information. It's not particularly important, but I do like to have the correct dates in my chart. How will I get any sleep tonight? :wink-penguin:

I feel nuts - I could have sworn I'd seen Teri's 60th birthday post.

I'm in the middle of giving finals to a bunch of Freshman who have been ready for summer for weeks now, and I'm looking for a new job, so maybe my mind is just a bit addled.

Okay, this is what I had, too, and I combed the blog as well. But I did the research years ago and didn't document the source, so I'd begun to doubt myself.

And now we have folks with differing information. It's not particularly important, but I do like to have the correct dates in my chart. How will I get any sleep tonight? :wink-penguin:

LOL, right?

I like having the correct dates, too. It's going to drive me nuts now. I'd feel like we were just confused, but Steve has a habit of changing history on the blog, so I almost feel like I have a right to be paranoid. But why the hell would anyone change something so stupid?

Well, now this is strange. I'm checking the blog and it says Steve and Teri were married on her birthday. I could have sworn they were different days. I am also positive they had listed her age when she turned 60 on that birthday post (would have been in 2011).

I feel like I'm going nuts, because it seems like something on the blog has changed.

I do have her birthday and anniversary matching on the 17th. But I wouldn't be surprised if they edit their posts. The Maxwells are shady like that.

Hahaha I keep cross-posting with you! I'm going to check the wayback machine.

I do have her birthday and anniversary matching on the 17th. But I wouldn't be surprised if they edit their posts. The Maxwells are shady like that.

Hahaha I keep cross-posting with you! I'm going to check the wayback machine.

LOL, I just did that! No mention of her being 60 then, so maybe I'm just nuts.

So, if Teri was born in 1955, she would have turned 19 when she married. I would have thought her older than that, considering she and Steve met in college. It's possible, but it just seems surprisingly young.

Oh awesome, proof! Thanks Kylolo, I was going to go nuts!

ETA: I have now update my spreadsheet accordingly - kind of glad this came up. Feeling a little :geek: :mrgreen: :embarrassed: right about now.

Hmm, Steve and Teri have been together since she was at least 18. She hadn't really even experienced much of the world before she fell into Steve's orbit. Makes a little more sense why she wasn't able to breakaway when he really went down the rabbit hole.

Damn, she's only a month older than my mom, but Teri looks so much older than my mom.

Damn, she's only a month older than my mom, but Teri looks so much older than my mom.

My mother is a few years older then Teri. But my mother looks years younger then her.

Stop that! You are making me feel really old. :lol:

More info: blog.titus2.com/2013/08/08/an-unexpected-blessing/

They celebrated Teri's birthday early. Someone in the comments says 1955 was a good year.

I just turned 60 this week and it was very traumatic. Two years ago my birthday treat was to go to the Inspire! conference. Mr. P. has dined out on that enormous sacrifice since then. This year we went to an Art Museum and Logees .com instead. Infinitely preferable to a Maxwell conference. :D

Takes a very beady-eyed look in mirror. Yeah, I don't think I look quite as old as Teri.

Sigh. My mother was born in 1947 but looks years younger than Teri. She has a graduate degree and worked for a living her whole life and didn't marry until she was in her 30s. Then she chose a gentle, kind man who would never dream of harming or manipulating children, and they used birth control to have two kids when they were ready for them, and now they're both retired and enjoying what they've worked all these years to earn.

Team VodouParents. Boo, Steve and Teri. Though her getting sucked into his charasmatic orbit when she was basically a kid herself explains a lot about why she couldn't get out when the getting was good. She was barely an adult when they met.

I just turned 60 this week and it was very traumatic. Two years ago my birthday treat was to go to the Inspire! conference. Mr. P. has dined out on that enormous sacrifice since then. This year we went to an Art Museum and Logees .com instead. Infinitely preferable to a Maxwell conference. :D

To you and Mr. P, all I can say is: :u-rock:

I was but a wee lurker back when you took on that tremendous sacrifice and laid it out in painstaking detail for all to see. I was on pins and needles awaiting your posts!

Now back to the thread at hand: I can definitely believe that years of untreated depression and living under Steve's headship could have taken a physical toll on Teri as well as a mental one.

I can definitely believe that years of untreated depression and living under Steve's headship could have taken a physical toll on Teri as well as a mental one.

Agree!!

Fellow FJers,

I just checked the comments on the Christina birthday post. Did JohnHugh strike again? :)

:shock: That response is so terse! Great conversationalists? I think not.

I really hope they don't send their Moody books in the OCC boxes. What a crappy Christmas that would be.

Nah--the Moody books actually sell a few copies here and there. Those poor kids can go download one for free to boost the Amazon ranking, like everyone else.

Instead, they'll probably include copies of Making Great Conversationalists. How else are they going to get rid of all those cases of deadstock taking up space in their garage? :lol:

Stop that! You are making me feel really old. :lol:

More info: blog.titus2.com/2013/08/08/an-unexpected-blessing/

They celebrated Teri's birthday early. Someone in the comments says 1955 was a good year.

Takes a very beady-eyed look in mirror. Yeah, I don't think I look quite as old as Teri.

LOL to the bolded! Sorry! If it makes you feel better, my mom is not happy about turning 60 later this year. She keeps talking about how many years she has left - she's enjoying them, she just thinks it's funny to joke about. :? :D

To me, Teri looks like someone who has felt like she needed to look old (and not just older). It's not just not caring for her looks (she is well groomed), she just has a sense of herself as an old person. I think she's looking forward to being elderly.

I do think she looks about my MIL's age, who is about 75. But my MIL is full of energy and life, so in many ways she looks a lot younger than Teri. Oddly enough, they have similar interests, like the outdoors, hiking, keeping a house that's immaculate. But my MIL has actually enjoys life, which keeps her young looking, even as she ages.

Teri IS well groomed but I assume she would look younger if she wore some makeup and changed her hair colour. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ladies shouldn't keep their natural grey hair, I'm just saying it probably ages her appearance a bit.

Palimpsest, I turn 60 next year and I can't believe it! It just sounds so old. When I look at my friends I don't think they look or act old, but when someone describes a person as being sixty, well, it SOUNDS old. I just tell myself that I'm not turning 70 and, when I do, I will think 60 is young! (And sometimes I actually listen to myself.) Also, the alternative to reaching this age is to be dead, so there's comfort in that, right?

Happy birthday!!

Par for the course when you enter Maxwell-Land.

Archived