IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

I'm getting a sick feeling from the suggestion that the call may have come from inside the house. Did the kids watch the Jill-Jessa interview? Maybe one of the children is taking Megyn up on her advise to call the abuse hotline. Must be scary for the child if he or she is trying to call on the sly.

Just freaking out here since this could be a ridiculous thought. But stranger things have happened with the Duggars.

The interview with Megyn Kelly happened after the call to DHS. And I highly doubt any of the kids in TTH were allowed to watch the interviews.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, idk if you guys have been keeping tabs on the Duggar's appearance scheduled at the Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family but.... they have cancelled. :shock:

Jk, I mean they would be fools to come to CO anyway. There was a protest being formed if they did. Along with posters of ATI handling of sexual assult, idk the group might go protest anyhow. Kinda bummed though, I wanted to see the girls and tell them we as a society stand behind them, its the parents who should be punished.

In the business world, and that's what reality TV is, it takes more than 2 people wanting something for it to happen. Jill wanted to be a midwife too and she could have actually made that happen in AR, but she didn't. There is no way these 2 will have a successful spin off. As others have pointed out, what would they do? There is nothing remotely interesting, intriguing or useful about 2 unemployed young couples who do not use birth control.

Unless TLC does a "fish out of water" show. Pure an innocent Duggar girls forced to live in the "Big City" and navigating a new life outside the "Umbrella of Protection" with special guest appearances by this or that sibling.... Never by Parents unless it's the Seewalds or Derick's mother. You know it would be a complete lie...just like the entire Duggar Brand...

What did the Duggar adults likely explain to the kids younger than Joy Anna about what's happening?

For obvious reasons we can't know for sure. My best guess would be that they either haven't told the little kids anything or they're keeping what they know to the very basics. I really doubt any of the kids younger than Joy-Anna know much about what happened back then - if they do, its probably limited to something about Josh sinning and being forgiven because Jesus.

As for this situation with the media, I don't know if they really need to say much. I doubt the younger kids were around when their parents and siblings were being interviewed by Megyn - they were probably in another part of the house with Jana and the older girls. And I don't know whether they've been able to really leave the compound at all since the news broke - if there is a ton of media in their area waiting for a sighting then they may have decided to just stay low for a bit. Finally, TLC just wrapped a season so I doubt the kids are wondering why the camera crews aren't around.

Anyone know what's going on with the supposed 911 call from Child Services yesterday? Apparently called to check the welfare of a kid?

What are the parents telling the younger kids about the Josh scandal and interviews? Probably some garbage about them being under attack for their faith by the godless outside world. About DHS coming to their home? Probably that the non-believers want to take them away from their parents and siblings where they will never see them again and then they will fall into a life that leads to HELL!!

Honestly, this is the perfect opportunity for The Boob and his wife to reinforce the fear of "others" that they use to control all of their kids anyway. I have no doubt that they're taking full advantage. I do wonder if it might not backfire on some of the "older" younger kids, though. The ones who are old enough to understand that something their parents are saying feels "off," but not old enough to have had the skill of critical thinking beaten out of them yet.

For some reason, the thing about all of this that keeps sticking with me was one of the girls telling the investigator that she still didn't trust Josh. For all the brainwashing and all the forced forgiveness, in reality that little girl was living in fear in her own home and she might know enough to tell the investigator that she wasn't afraid of Josh, but she was also smart enough to not trust him. I was around 13 or so when I started questioning some of the nuttier aspects of the Southern Baptist religion that I had been brought up in because instinctively, it just felt "off." Maybe some of the middleish kids will start to do the same. (On the other hand, my parents weren't nut jobs who would insist I believe whatever they said and actually allowed me to question things, so maybe not. Church for us was more of a social thing, as opposed to an obsession.)

Also shocking to me is something that someone else (sorry, can't remember who!) pointed out, which is that from the timeline, it looks like much of Josh's life from 2002 to marriage was wrapped up or influenced by his actions. He spent 2003 going to "counseling" and then was "betrothed" and then the police found out in 2006 and then suing DHS in 2007. And then in 2008, he and Anna got married. This wasn't some little incident that was pushed into the back of everyone's minds like they want everyone to believe. It would have been an ongoing thing for several years. That's a hell of a lot of lying, pretending, covering up, etc.

So, idk if you guys have been keeping tabs on the Duggar's appearance scheduled at the Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family but.... they have cancelled. :shock:

Jk, I mean they would be fools to come to CO anyway. There was a protest being formed if they did. Along with posters of ATI handling of sexual assult, idk the group might go protest anyhow. Kinda bummed though, I wanted to see the girls and tell them we as a society stand behind them, its the parents who should be punished.

There's a thread on the CO conference here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26014

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!

Josh Duggar was admittedly molesting young girls/sisters beginning in 2002... long before the TV show specials began. Now, keep in mind...

JimBob was elected to serve in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.

JimBob ran for US Senate as a Republican from Arkansas in 2002 and lost to incumbant Tim Hutchinson.

In 2006, JimBob ran for Arkansas State Senate in 2006 but lost to Bill Pritchard.

JimBob was a political figure at the time this all began and he had aspirations of taking his political career from the state to federal level. He tried and lost (without the scandal in the headlines). Had these scandals come to light at the time he was running for office, he knew it would have cost him an election. He had to handle this matter privately and "creatively" to preserve his political aspirations.

Not to mention the political clout that JB carried as a Rep for the State (until 02) and as a US Senate Candidate in 02 and again as a State Senate Candidate in 06. It would be easy to manipulate certain "politically sensitive" people like corrupt police officers. Had JB been elected to either of those offices, you would want to be on his good side for whatever working with him as a trusted advisor could get you. A political endorsement? A job at one of his companies maybe? Marrying a kid into his family?

By the time the show came along, JB thought this was handled. It was ancient history. They went on to bigger and better things becoming TV personalities until... well... you know that ending.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!

Josh Duggar was admittedly molesting young girls/sisters beginning in 2002... long before the TV show specials began. Now, keep in mind...

JimBob was elected to serve in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.

JimBob ran for US Senate as a Republican from Arkansas in 2002 and lost to incumbant Tim Hutchinson.

In 2006, JimBob ran for Arkansas State Senate in 2006 but lost to Bill Pritchard.

JimBob was a political figure at the time this all began and he had aspirations of taking his political career from the state to federal level. He tried and lost (without the scandal in the headlines). Had these scandals come to light at the time he was running for office, he knew it would have cost him an election. He had to handle this matter privately and "creatively" to preserve his political aspirations.

Not to mention the political clout that JB carried as a Rep for the State (until 02) and as a US Senate Candidate in 02 and again as a State Senate Candidate in 06. It would be easy to manipulate certain "politically sensitive" people like corrupt police officers. Had JB been elected to either of those offices, you would want to be on his good side for whatever working with him as a trusted advisor could get you. A political endorsement? A job at one of his companies maybe? Marrying a kid into his family?

By the time the show came along, JB thought this was handled. It was ancient history. They went on to bigger and better things becoming TV personalities until... well... you know that ending.

Yep. And his long time friend and fellow parishioner was also a politician running the same track. These folks worked this process and thought they had all the bases covered. Skirting justice has bitten the Duggars in the behind.

I haven't been on this forum very long. Would someone tell me why this thread got locked: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26292&start=160

Did someone do something wrong?

There is an explanatory last post on locked threads. This one has been merged into the existing Jill, Derick and Izzy Part 3 thread for simplicity and a link is in the final post.

Me too. I think they viewed the mud as old, dry, and forgiven so the "outing" is seen as just an attack on the family. I also think that regardless of what Jill, Jessa, and their families do after this they'll get credit for having taken one for the team. Won't be surprised (assuming there's no spin-off) if both families move some distance away.

If there is no spinoff... I think the families will live right down the street. As close to JB (and his wallet) as he wants them to.

Because they will be at his financial mercy.

Yep. And his long time friend and fellow parishioner was also a politician running the same track. These folks worked this process and thought they had all the bases covered. Skirting justice has bitten the Duggars in the behind.

AND... in 2002 Mike Huckabee was Governor of Arkansas when JimBob was a state representative. Back then, the current Arkansas State Attorney General Leslie Rutledge was apparently just out of law school and ended up working in the Governor's office due to her dad's "political connections." Her Dad - Keith Rutledge - is said in the article below to have been Huckabee's "drug czar and political supporter." Fast forward a couple years and Leslie Rutledge "abruptly" left her job as a staff lawyer at the Dept of Human Services to work on the 2007 Huckabee presidential campaign.

arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2014/09/12/leslie-rutledge-has-questions-to-answer-on-her-job-history

In fact, the link below shows that in May of this year, Leslie and about 6-7 people on her staff attended Huckabee's latest presidential campaign announcement.

arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2015/05/06/attorney-general-leslie-rutledge-and-staffers-attend-huckabee-campaign-announcement-ags-office-says-no-violation-of-law

So, in Arkansas, the State Attorney's Office can press charges against a child molester. The victim doesn't have to press the charges. I've been wondering why the State Attorney's Office hasn't held a press conference saying they would at least look into the matter. I've posted on this before. But now, in light of ALL the above connections, it stands to reason that Huckabee endorses his old friend JimBob and the Duggar family. Huckabee's former employee (his friend's daughter) Leslie Rutledge is now the State Attorney General in Arkansas. She isn't going to go against Huckabee's endorsement of the Duggars. She's too focused on attending his campaign events to press charges on this or to announce the convening of a Grand Jury to investigate the matter. And she wants to see how far her career can go being on the list of Huckabee's influential friends.

AND... in 2002 Mike Huckabee was Governor of Arkansas when JimBob was a state representative. Back then, the current Arkansas State Attorney General Leslie Rutledge was apparently just out of law school and ended up working in the Governor's office due to her dad's "political connections." Her Dad - Keith Rutledge - is said in the article below to have been Huckabee's "drug czar and political supporter." Fast forward a couple years and Leslie Rutledge "abruptly" left her job as a staff lawyer at the Dept of Human Services to work on the 2007 Huckabee presidential campaign.

arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2014/09/12/leslie-rutledge-has-questions-to-answer-on-her-job-history

In fact, the link below shows that in May of this year, Leslie and about 6-7 people on her staff attended Huckabee's latest presidential campaign announcement.

arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2015/05/06/attorney-general-leslie-rutledge-and-staffers-attend-huckabee-campaign-announcement-ags-office-says-no-violation-of-law

So, in Arkansas, the State Attorney's Office can press charges against a child molester. The victim doesn't have to press the charges. I've been wondering why the State Attorney's Office hasn't held a press conference saying they would at least look into the matter. I've posted on this before. But now, in light of ALL the above connections, it stands to reason that Huckabee endorses his old friend JimBob and the Duggar family. Huckabee's former employee (his friend's daughter) Leslie Rutledge is now the State Attorney General in Arkansas. She isn't going to go against Huckabee's endorsement of the Duggars. She's too focused on attending his campaign events to press charges on this or to announce the convening of a Grand Jury to investigate the matter. And she wants to see how far her career can go being on the list of Huckabee's influential friends.

These folks thought that they were too big to fail; untouchable.

So, whoever the "little guy or gal" was who brought it all to a screeching halt, I tip my cap.

Jana just posted a pic on Facebook (Duggar Family Official). 33,000 'likes' in an hour. Is that typical?

Jana just posted a pic on Facebook (Duggar Family Official). 33,000 'likes' in an hour. Is that typical?

That sounds very very odd

What stuck out to me in particular were all the leghumpers talking about what a great role model J'chelle is, and no dissenting comments.

I'd like to think that maybe everyone disgusted with them has left the page or declined to comment but I wonder if someone's deleting negative comments. It's not like they haven't done it before.

What did the Duggar adults likely explain to the kids younger than Joy Anna about what's happening?

Actually I'm dying to know the answer to that one myself. I realize that some of the kids are too young to know too many family secrets... Yet...

With the ongoing issues/investigation, how much do they know? What have they said or addressed? What is the atmosphere in the house these past few weeks? With recent media drama, they may have been told that "Josh did some very bad things a very long time ago that have already been forgiven & forgotten" or maybe "the liberal media/evil world is actively slandering & harming our family. This is a sign of our godliness. Christ said true disciples would be persecuted for his sake... " Those are just my guesses.

I grew up fundy lite. There were hugely serious situations with of my 2 of my older siblings while I was young. I couldn't fully explain it at the time, but they both truly affected me. Then & now. I felt & knew instinctively and emotionally that people were disowned & cut off from the family for reasons that seemed (to me) minor & irrational. As those in fundy cultures have explained on other threads, the whole ATI "rebellion" concept is just plain crazy. Ridiculous & major overkill, even to an intelligent child at the time. But parents are a child's most powerful sources of information & are an obvious emotional filter for all feelings & experiences. A child learns to trust & believe them, even if feeling conflicted or confused with other information.

Actually, my older sister was forcibly locked up & "deprogrammed" by church elders. My parents later cut off all contact with her & said she was "dead to them" and to me. WHAT? Did she literally die? No one explained any of it to me. I was sad & confused for years. I couldn't ask. Those were taboo topics, especially back then. My other brother was gay. You can imagine their reaction there...don't get me started... I only found out details of family history in my late teens.

In a way, I really worry about those younger Duggar kids, bc, somehow I just knew that God made us follow 1,000+ commandments & if there was any misstep, I'd immediately go straight to hell. I literally repented of anything & everything every single night. I was always on guard and anxious that I could be kicked out of the family too..... But enough about me. (Though it has helped to write this, so thanks for reading thus far) .

What are JB & M telling them about all of this? Maybe nothing or most probably total brainwashed bs.

Do the younger boys & girls know Josh is accused of "bad touches"? Are there still rules that say to avoid time alone with Josh? How are the little girls processing it all? Or are they oblivious in their Christian bubble? (No tv, friends or school...)

Jill & Jessa are now gone, married & onto new babies & lives. 2 less sister moms. Definitely changes jurisdictions & schooling. Their parents are seemingly sad & upset. Why? And now why did the crew leave & we're off tv? No more special trips & perks? Why not? Who are all of the strange/secular investigators? Why don't people like us anymore? Why do they say mean things?

Did all of this turn their world upside down or are they clueless for now? Not that either option is good.... Yikes. :?

It goes without saying that JB & M have created a horrific mess for all of them. They are responsible for forcing their victimized daughters to serve & stay sweet to their in-house molester. Ugh. Disgusting. I just wanted to voice my compassion for the younger ones who gave no idea what is going on...

I looked and could not find the episode, but Jim Goodwin the sound guy brought his daughter to hang out with the Duggars because he thought they were a good influence. It was one episode.

I can't imagine he knew about Josh molesting his sisters since he brought his daughter to the Duggar home.

I could have been a repost of an existing picture that already had likes.

Not saying she did this, but you can buy Facebook likes. (Google it or find '10,000 likes for $5 on Fiverr.com'.) Just another venue where the reality is different from the appearance.

Maybe an admirer bought her 30,000 likes for $15. Nah, that would mean she got 3000 on her own, in an hour.

Can we speculate on who might have spent the $15?

I could have been a repost of an existing picture that already had likes.

It looks like they are on an airplane - where could they be going?

Archived