IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before or if this is the right place for this post, so I hope the mods will feel free to kill it or move it. At any rate, the Duggars have decided NOT to come to their next scheduled events at the Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the family:

A Note from the CHEC Board on the Duggars

Updated statement as of Wednesday, 5/10/15 at 7:15 pm

By God’s Providence, CHEC just received word that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have decided not to come and address the 2015 Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family. This latest change comes in light of recent and increased attacks and pressure on the family. They have graciously requested to withdraw entirely from speaking at this year’s conference and therefore will not be appearing at the Friday evening event on June 19th.

We thank you for your patience as we have interacted closely with Jim Bob the last several days. Please be in prayer for the Duggar family during this difficult time.

Thank you for your support of CHEC and the Rocky Mountain Super Conference.

The CHEC Board of Directors

Certainly they were getting calls to remove the Duggars from the conference, so I doubt that it was just a matter of them "graciously request[ing] to withdraw entirely." I suspect that it was more a matter of the organizers having to tell Jim Bob over and over again that the majority of people commenting asked them not to have the Duggars participate.

Jim Bob and Bimbette seem to have so little awareness of current realities that it may have just now begun to dawn on Jim Bob that people really, truly don't buy the Duggar line on things.

I think this is the final curtain for the family brand. The reason they gave for cancelling was "increased attacks and pressure on the family."

This conference is just for homeschooling families, their base constituency. If they can't even hold their heads up there, they certainly can't do it on a TV show.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's safe to say that this means the show is not ending. :evil:

There's talk of a spin-off, but I don't think so.

A TV show about two newlywed couples might work as a sitcom, but not as a reality show. What is there to tape? You've got two young mothers sitting home all day homeschooling infants on how to hold their pacifiers and stay on the blanket on the floor or their mommies will hit them (instead of learning to crawl around and develop their muscles and their curiosity and discovery skills). What do infants do all day? Cry. Eat. Get diapers changed. Sleep. Except for the parents, this is truly boring to watch after a few minutes. Then there are the two unemployed husbands. What will they be doing all day? Reading the want-ads looking for work?

The newlywed couples are scheduled for a Q&A session at the Alive Christian Music Festival in Ohio on June 20. This was set up way before the scandal unfolded. Josh and Anna were to appear on the panel too, but have now pulled out of the event. These couples cannot appear anywhere without the family scandal being the elephant in the room.

The family brand is toast. :violin:

They're still getting so much press about stuff they're *not* doing (like withdrawing from public appearances)... I suppose things depend on this new investigation, but I think you're right the show may continue. Ugh.

Just because she posted an ultrasound pic, that's an indication the show is continuing??? I don't follow. Can't she just post a pic because she's wants to?

I think it's safe to say that this means the show is not ending. :evil:

I don't think that at all. I think this show is over.

What I meant by 'That's a good sign' is about Jessa coping with everything.

A better sign would be if Jessa, Jill, et al, would put their instagram on private and just post for their friends and family to see. The fact that they are posting publicly seems to indicate a desire to continue with a public life, and show.

I get that expectant moms are excited and like to share sono pictures and such, but at this point, I would really rather see these girls live their life privately. Yes, it would be an adjustment, but I think it would be very liberating for them eventually and they would come to value their life as a private citizen. 10+ years in the public eye is long enough.

A TV show about two newlywed couples might work as a sitcom, but not as a reality show. What is there to tape? You've got two young mothers sitting home all day homeschooling infants on how to hold their pacifiers and stay on the blanket on the floor or their mommies will hit them (instead of learning to crawl around and develop their muscles and their curiosity and discovery skills). What do infants do all day? Cry. Eat. Get diapers changed. Sleep. Except for the parents, this is truly boring to watch after a few minutes. Then there are the two unemployed husbands. What will they be doing all day? Reading the want-ads looking for work?

The newlywed couples are scheduled for a Q&A session at the Alive Christian Music Festival in Ohio on June 20. This was set up way before the scandal unfolded. Josh and Anna were to appear on the panel too, but have now pulled out of the event. These couples cannot appear anywhere without the family scandal being the elephant in the room.

That's the beauty of reality television. People would watch simply because they want to see the next train wreck with their own eyes

It may be...but I believe Jill and Jessa (at least) are going to go down fighting.

That pic of them together right before the scandal hit (but after they knew about it?) I think that was a message to TLC saying WE DON'T WANT TO QUIT. GIVE US OUR SPINOFF.

And the fact that Jill and Jessa were the ONLY two siblings who spoke up during the Fox Interview.....again, trying to save their likeability/ reputations and save their own TV show.

It may be...but I believe Jill and Jessa (at least) are going to go down fighting.

That pic of them together right before the scandal hit (but after they knew about it?) I think that was a message to TLC saying WE DON'T WANT TO QUIT. GIVE US OUR SPINOFF.

And the fact that Jill and Jessa were the ONLY two siblings who spoke up during the Fox Interview.....again, trying to save their likeability/ reputations and save their own TV show.

In the business world, and that's what reality TV is, it takes more than 2 people wanting something for it to happen. Jill wanted to be a midwife too and she could have actually made that happen in AR, but she didn't. There is no way these 2 will have a successful spin off. As others have pointed out, what would they do? There is nothing remotely interesting, intriguing or useful about 2 unemployed young couples who do not use birth control.

We'll see how well they answer real questions from real people on June 20th. I'm sure there will be some reporters sign up for that conference.

This was scheduled before the scandal broke. If you look on the Duggar Family Blog, there are no other paid speaking engagements announced (the height of the summer homeschool conference season). People no longer see anyone in this family (or their lifestyle) as a role model for inspiration.

I think that oversimplifies why they agreed to the interview. There are likely several reasons why they spoke out when other siblings didn't:

1. As you said, they have a reality tv show that provides a good amount of income. It's very likely they want to save the show so they can continue their current standard of living.

2. It's entirely possible that the girls truly believe what they were saying - that they think their parents acted properly and that they really did move past everything that happened. If I felt that way about a situation, its likely that I would speak up as well if people were saying otherwise.

3. They are the only siblings who are married beside Josh. Obviously, they aren't going to let him be interviewed because it would most likely just make matters worse. Having the married girls speak would allow the Duggars to say that they didn't force any of the kids to do anything they weren't comfortable with - can you imagine the outrage on here if Jinger or Joy started sobbing hysterically during an interview?

As for the picture, I don't see anything in it other than they were hanging out and were having a nice time. We have no way of knowing if they were aware that the news would be released that exact day or not.

I think people need to keep in mind that while the Duggars are a manipulative bunch of hypocrites, they are still people. Not everything they do or say is going to be motivated for ratings or for keeping their show on TLC.

The girls and their hubs are desperate- they need money.

JB and M have lots of assets and potential ways to get money.

I think that oversimplifies why they agreed to the interview. There are likely several reasons why they spoke out when other siblings didn't:

1. As you said, they have a reality tv show that provides a good amount of income. It's very likely they want to save the show so they can continue their current standard of living.

2. It's entirely possible that the girls truly believe what they were saying - that they think their parents acted properly and that they really did move past everything that happened. If I felt that way about a situation, its likely that I would speak up as well if people were saying otherwise.

3. They are the only siblings who are married beside Josh. Obviously, they aren't going to let him be interviewed because it would most likely just make matters worse. Having the married girls speak would allow the Duggars to say that they didn't force any of the kids to do anything they weren't comfortable with - can you imagine the outrage on here if Jinger or Joy started sobbing hysterically during an interview?

As for the picture, I don't see anything in it other than they were hanging out and were having a nice time. We have no way of knowing if they were aware that the news would be released that exact day or not.

I think people need to keep in mind that while the Duggars are a manipulative bunch of hypocrites, they are still people. Not everything they do or say is going to be motivated for ratings or for keeping their show on TLC.

I disagree. They were raised with JB and his motto of buy used and save the difference. Every dollar is key to JB. I am sure those girls, who have had no independent experiences with money or anything else, are bit uneasy with the concept that they have no way to a dollar.

I disagree. They were raised with JB and his motto of buy used and save the difference. Every dollar is key to JB. I am sure those girls, who have had no independent experiences with money or anything else, are bit uneasy with the concept that they have no way to a dollar.

Sorry. Meant to word it a bit differently. My brain isn't running properly this morning.

I meant that not everything they do will be motivated solely by the show or ratings. I'm sure money is a concern to some degree at the moment for them - but so is the fact that they and their family members are being dragged through the mud.

Mud of their own making.

Something these young women are not capable of seeing because they were not raised as we were. Yes, the situation is entirely the fault of Josh and their parents, but that doesn't mean they realize that or that they don't still feel protective of their family members.

Sorry. Meant to word it a bit differently. My brain isn't running properly this morning.

I meant that not everything they do will be motivated solely by the show or ratings. I'm sure money is a concern to some degree at the moment for them - but so is the fact that they and their family members are being dragged through the mud.

I agree about the family part.

I also think that for some members, Jill, for example, they really believe the tenets of Gothard and believe, without a doubt, everything that they have been told by Gothard and JB is factually true, Jill is thoroughly brainwashed (she would called it faith filled, but IMO, Gothard is not a religion, but a cult). Jill is sad, but she knows that Jesus and God are on her side, and that she is protected. She is all about righting a perceived wrong.

Others, JB and perhaps Jessa, are using this for what it's worth...a vehicle or tool to get them attention, control and money. Those in this category, are likely more angry that their money and attention has been cut off, and they'll do or say anything to get it back.

I haven't been on this forum very long. Would someone tell me why this thread got locked: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26292&start=160

Did someone do something wrong?

It was merged with the regular jill and derick thread according to the last post by happy atheist. I don't see it yet on that thread so maybe they haven't done it yet.

The girls and their hubs are desperate- they need money.

JB and M have lots of assets and potential ways to get money.

I don't think JB & M have given up yet on 19K&C. I think maybe TLC has brought up the possibility of a spin-off IF 19K&C does not continue, but I think all these efforts have been to save the original show.

In the interview, JB said 'if' as far as the show, which tells me that they see it as a possibility. And 'if' the original show continued (which it will not) I think JB & M know that the girls pulled in big ratings with the marriages and Izzy's birth.

I think they are hunkering down, per JB & M and control for the original show. I think ONLY if the original show is cancelled would JB & M ever 'let' them do a spin-off.

That's the beauty of reality television. People would watch simply because they want to see the next train wreck with their own eyes

But there wouldn't be a train wreck factor in any spin off featuring the two couples. It would be a snooze fest. Leg humpers would tune in, but those looking for some sort of drama or train wreck would maybe watch one boring episode and move on to re-runs of Amish Mafia.

Something these young women are not capable of seeing because they were not raised as we were. Yes, the situation is entirely the fault of Josh and their parents, but that doesn't mean they realize that or that they don't still feel protective of their family members.

I agree.

It was merged with the regular jill and derick thread according to the last post by happy atheist. I don't see it yet on that thread so maybe they haven't done it yet.

Thank you.

I'm getting a sick feeling from the suggestion that the call may have come from inside the house. Did the kids watch the Jill-Jessa interview? Maybe one of the children is taking Megyn up on her advise to call the abuse hotline. Must be scary for the child if he or she is trying to call on the sly.

Just freaking out here since this could be a ridiculous thought. But stranger things have happened with the Duggars.

I agree.

Me too. I think they viewed the mud as old, dry, and forgiven so the "outing" is seen as just an attack on the family. I also think that regardless of what Jill, Jessa, and their families do after this they'll get credit for having taken one for the team. Won't be surprised (assuming there's no spin-off) if both families move some distance away.

Archived