IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 4

happy atheist

Has this been posted already?

Amy Duggar’s Boyfriend Confirms Amy Wasn’t One of Josh Duggar’s Victims

theashleysrealityroundup.com/2015/05/23/amy-duggars-boyfriend-confirms-amy-wasnt-one-of-josh-duggars-victims/

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two totally unrelated things:

2. Up thread, back in part 3, there was some talk about whether this show could come back mostly as-is but just without Josh. Frankly, I think JB and Michelle need to go as well. Could they do a show without them? Well... there could be (as suggested) one featuring just Jill and Derick and Jessa and Ben, but I'm not sure "Derick goes to the orthodontist.... again..." will sustain interest for long. So the question is, could you do a show that brings in all the younger kids but without their parents involved? Probably not. But watching Michelle's talking heads has been painful for a while now... she is so smug and yet dumb... and there's no way I'd watch any more of her unless she has a severe change of world view. JB, too.

Personally, the only show I'd watch is "Anna Takes the Kids and Hits the Road"

Another Duggar update:

Josh Duggar has pulled the plug on a conference he was scheduled to attend in the most ironic of places ... Sandusky, Ohio.

Josh was supposed to speak at a home schooling convention next week, but in the wake of his public sexual molestation admission, we've learned he's cancelled the appearance.

We're told Josh told the organizers he would be too much of a distraction and didn't want the focus of the conference blurred.

We're also told convention organizers are commending Josh and his parents, saying they've handled the matter well and it all reflects back on Christ.

tmz.com/2015/05/23/josh-duggar-cancels-speaking-convention-sandusky-ohio-19-kids-and-counting/

Personally, the only show I'd watch is "Anna Takes the Kids and Hits the Road"

Noooo. I'm of the opinion that a child having their life broadcast on tv without their permission (since they are kids and can't give it) is just a bad idea. I'd love for Anna and the kids to leave and have a better life sans Josh, but not on tv! They need privacy to heal from this and move on. And those kids deserve a normal upbringing, not one on tv!

Another Duggar update:

Josh Duggar has pulled the plug on a conference he was scheduled to attend in the most ironic of places ... Sandusky, Ohio.

Josh was supposed to speak at a home schooling convention next week, but in the wake of his public sexual molestation admission, we've learned he's cancelled the appearance.

We're told Josh told the organizers he would be too much of a distraction and didn't want the focus of the conference blurred.

We're also told convention organizers are commending Josh and his parents, saying they've handled the matter well and it all reflects back on Christ.

tmz.com/2015/05/23/josh-duggar-cancels-speaking-convention-sandusky-ohio-19-kids-and-counting/

Guess Christ is cool with being associated with molesters. Good to know.

Sorry, Famy, no one cares. And you can't sing. :dance:

When the issue of Josh potentially being abused himself, JB's name comes up. But why not Michelle's? After all, if I understand correctly, the "tattler" went to JB, not Michelle.

The tattler probably went to JB because as the head of the family he is the authority. Lots of families work things so that fathers do the discipline not the mothers. Plus I know some fundies feel that the mother doesn't have responsibility over male children, especially male children who have reached puberty.

However, you can't rule anything out. It could also have been someone else entirely or it could not have happened at all. "Fondling" is the sort of thing that could be happened upon rather than a learned/observed behavior, other sex acts are much more likely to indicate previous sexual abuse in children.

See.

The thing is, this could be true.

But it could also be true that Jana is quiet and shy because she doesn't like being on camera.

Or because she was blanket trained.

Or because she was hit with a freaking rod.

We have no way to know. We are not her therapists.

In fact, we are just members of an internet message board who've had highly scripted and edited glimpses of their lives for the last 10 years.

These threads have been way over analysing all the girls' behaviour wrt the abuse. It's disgusting. Stop viewing them solely as victims of sexual abuse.

No other form of abuse is treated like this. We've known for years that they were physically and emotionally abused. This mentality stems from the sexual abuse victims are tainted mentality.

Tldr: don't treat every word that the Duggars have said as a consequence of abuse. That's the kind of shit that makes it harder to recover from abuse.

(This isn't a personal attack, just a mentality of many members on the board that is disturbing me)

I am with you. So many people are analyzing every little thing in context of these women (and they are adult women, save one, NOT girls, FFS) being victims. No one here has any idea how this affected them long term or if it even did. Maybe the religious crutch, the physical and spiritual abuse by their parents, their Jesus love and their limited education/critical thinking skills actually worked in their favor. No one has any idea. No Duggar child has thus far run away, rebelled or left the nest in any significant way. Several of them may not even really remember much of what happened. The nightmare of growing up on national television (and I can't be convinced that these parents rearing children in reality shows doesn't harm kids a lot) might totally overshadow whatever gross things Josh did. For all we know, one or more Duggars may have been victims of Gothard's molestation as well. Or creeper Josh's creeping might have been the defining thing in one or more of their lives.

The point is that WE DO NOT KNOW. And filtering every single move by one of these young women through a lens of an abuse victim is abusive in itself because it would be THEIR choice to be defined that way, not ours.

I also want to point the readers who keep saying the 14 year olds in their lives would know better than to do what Josh did to the statements by the professed former crew member who describes the extreme sheltering of the Duggars and their children. A 14 year old in that environment is not the same as a 14 year old that we might produce and encounter. I think Josh Duggar is vile and his actions and statements reprehensible but I stand firm that he was victimized by his parents and they are ultimately responsible for producing a narcissistic child molester.

Noooo. I'm of the opinion that a child having their life broadcast on tv without their permission (since they are kids and can't give it) is just a bad idea. I'd love for Anna and the kids to leave and have a better life sans Josh, but not on tv! They need privacy to heal from this and move on. And those kids deserve a normal upbringing, not one on tv!

You're right. I just want to see it happen.

It seems we can forget about Ben's family as being a whistleblower or even supporting Jessa.

Guinn Seewald posted in Support of Josh & Huckabee's comments! :angry-banghead:

Holy shit. This makes me angrier than many other people's responses.

I don't have anything to add, just that I've read part one and am halfway through part two. I'm only getting further behind, so I'm trying a new tactic and working at this thing from both ends now.

Agree with posters who have said read a little (or a lot) of the thread before asking questions. And you should absolutely read the police report yourself, unless you'd be triggered. I am seeing a lot of misinformation in the first half of these threads that could be avoided if everybody who could tolerate it read it themselves. I have decided to put members who clearly haven't read the report on ignore for now, to protect my own sanity.

I swear, reading the facebook comments is making me want to go out and persecute me some Christians.

No need, with so many of the leghumpers claiming persecution they've let you off the hook. Just grab some popcorn and watch the shitstorm. :lol:

I am Christian, NOT Fundie. And I have always been taught that God forgives everyone, all they have to do is confess their to God, and ask for forgiveness, This is why Jesus gave his life, for our sins, and then rose again overcoming the sin and allowing us to have forgiveness. Only God can judge our heart and know if we truly are "sorry". That is what I believe anyway.

This however does not mean that forgiveness "fixes" you. And it certainly doesn't mean that Josh doesn't have to be held accountable for his actions. I have never been taught to just "pray" something away and feel better. Just based off my life experiences and also being Christian, the Duggars do not in anyway represent what the majority of Christians believe or behave like. I hope people realize that...

All of this! The forgiveness and "let he with no sin cast the first stone" principles get so twisted. Forgiveness and accountability are not mutually exclusive, that is not Biblical at all. The Bible also says "go and sin no more" after being forgiven. I'm not good with exact passages and all, but there is also passages about it being better to cut off your hand/remove your eyes if they are causing the person to continue sinning.

Lying is also a sin, and Josh's statement about repenting and changing his ways do not ring true. Most of what the Duggars say does not.

Haha! Wonder what other religions say about molesting preschoolers? Oh. Right. We are a Christian nation. Silly me.

Worship however you choose, but follow the laws of the country in which you choose to reside. don't like the law that protects people from sexual predators? Then change it or don't behave like one.

That's the thing though as a Christian I am commanded to follow not only God's moral law, Jesus' commandments/teaching, and the law of the government. No where does it tell me that because I'm a Christian I am not to be judge by the laws of the land, it actually says to submit to it. I mean Jesus after all submitted to the Roman authorities after all and he was blameless. I use this as just another of many ways that the Duggar's aren't Christian.

I'd like to throw this verse in their faces:

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins Hebrews 10:26

I am with you. So many people are analyzing every little thing in context of these women (and they are adult women, save one, NOT girls, FFS) being victims. No one here has any idea how this affected them long term or if it even did. Maybe the religious crutch, the physical and spiritual abuse by their parents, their Jesus love and their limited education/critical thinking skills actually worked in their favor. No one has any idea. No Duggar child has thus far run away, rebelled or left the nest in any significant way. Several of them may not even really remember much of what happened. The nightmare of growing up on national television (and I can't be convinced that these parents rearing children in reality shows doesn't harm kids a lot) might totally overshadow whatever gross things Josh did. For all we know, one or more Duggars may have been victims of Gothard's molestation as well. Or creeper Josh's creeping might have been the defining thing in one or more of their lives.

The point is that WE DO NOT KNOW. And filtering every single move by one of these young women through a lens of an abuse victim is abusive in itself because it would be THEIR choice to be defined that way, not ours.

I also want to point the readers who keep saying the 14 year olds in their lives would know better than to do what Josh did to the statements by the professed former crew member who describes the extreme sheltering of the Duggars and their children. A 14 year old in that environment is not the same as a 14 year old that we might produce and encounter. I think Josh Duggar is vile and his actions and statements reprehensible but I stand firm that he was victimized by his parents and they are ultimately responsible for producing a narcissistic child molester.

Finally the voice of reason!!!! I tried to say the same thing, but apparently my English isn't good enough.

Holy shit. This makes me angrier than many other people's responses.

I spent way too much time reading the comments, not only the comments but also the replies on the TLC Facebook page. And I think that many times most of the people that are trying to defend him didn't actually read the police report. They just assume that it was a girl that was around his age. They will post a comment defending him and then when people point out the information on the police report the defender disappears. Or at first the person will just say that these are just rumors.I would at least like to think that if people read the entire police report they wouldn't be so sympathetic. Of course you will always have the lorry Alexander's of the world. but I honestly think most of his defenders are just posting comments without reading the article or the police report.

I heard someone say today that the timing on this is very suspect. Why now? Why not years ago?

Followed up by speculation that this is all a play to bring down Huckabee, as if he had a real chance in the upcoming race.

Curious -- I am such an a-political being. Does this theory hold any water at all?

(Is there a vomiting smilie? This whole thing makes me sick.)

That strip club rumor is starting to sound pretty tame right about now.

At least a strip club rumor would put his behavior as opportunistic sexual abuse, rather than pedophilia.

RE spanking with a rod and why CPS wasn't involved. It is not illegal to spank your children. Only if you are leaving bruises would CPS be actually concerned. And even then, if the bruises weren't severe parents would probably just be monitored and ordered to attend parenting classes.

That's the thing though as a Christian I am commanded to follow not only God's moral law, Jesus' commandments/teaching, and the law of the government. No where does it tell me that because I'm a Christian I am not to be judge by the laws of the land, it actually says to submit to it. I mean Jesus after all submitted to the Roman authorities after all and he was blameless. I use this as just another of many ways that the Duggar's aren't Christian.

I'd like to throw this verse in their faces:

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins Hebrews 10:26

Great scripture to bring up. I am not religious at all, and I have a hard time understanding how harming others can be justified by JB&M. A la carte religion is the worst form, and that is what they practice.

I spent way too much time reading the comments, not only the comments but also the replies on the TLC Facebook page. And I think that many times most of the people that are trying to defend him didn't actually read the police report. They just assume that it was a girl that was around his age. They will post a comment defending him and then when people point out the information on the police report the defender disappears. Or at first the person will just say that these are just rumors.I would at least like to think that if people read the entire police report they wouldn't be so sympathetic. Of course you will always have the lorry Alexander's of the world. but I honestly think most of his defenders are just posting comments without reading the article or the police report.

I would really hope the bolded part is true. I had to close out my FB because I was sick of reading defenses. "It happened years ago!" "He said he was sorry!" "His parents reported it!" "They said the kids all got counseling."

Blech.

Maybe Ben's parents are just playing alone. I mean Ben still depends on Bob for a living. Bob could kick them out and cut them off.

Or pressure Ben into cutting ties with his parents.

Edited cause I need to not read and write at the same time.

:popcorn2:

I heard someone say today that the timing on this is very suspect. Why now? Why not years ago?

Followed up by speculation that this is all a play to bring down Huckabee, as if he had a real chance in the upcoming race.

Curious -- I am such an a-political being. Does this theory hold any water at all?

(Is there a vomiting smilie? This whole thing makes me sick.)

My own theory is that someone sat on the reports long enough to let Josh get deeply involved with the FRC, and then let this drama take them all down.

Archived