IGNORED

Josh Duggar alleged sexual abuse - new developments

NotALoserLikeYou

The first one who says that the girl(s) in question provoked this by dressing immodestly or by being seen outside the bedroom in nightclothes (without bras) should be STONED - and I don't mean with pot!

:pull-hair:

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha I'm not from the media. :lol: I'm all for protecting these girls so I don't see how learning more about the Razing Ruth in any way affects them? If she was a scammer then she is completely unrelated to them. If she did have inside information and was silenced I'm curious as to why and if other people were affected or tried to speak out? I think if this situation has taught us anything its that ignoring and not following up on information is actually potentially dangerous when children are at risk. :naughty: I'm all for respecting the privacy of victims but not if other people are at risk!

IMO, the only thing that matters is that the perpetrator's identity is confirmed, not the victims' identities. If they don't want their names out there, that is completely understandable and their choice. Nothing will take back the fact that we know it was Josh who did these things and confessed to them. Even if the originals are destroyed.

Hahaha I'm not from the media. :lol: I'm all for protecting these girls so I don't see how learning more about the Razing Ruth in any way affects them? If she was a scammer then she is completely unrelated to them. If she did have inside information and was silenced I'm curious as to why and if other people were affected or tried to speak out? I think if this situation has taught us anything its that ignoring and not following up on information is actually potentially dangerous when children are at risk. :naughty: I'm all for respecting the privacy of victims but not if other people are at risk!

Thanks for clearing that up, I know the media uses this site to try to gain information. It's sad really, they will sell the girls out with no regrets for a story. What if this were their family members?

I'm not convinced that 19KaC will be cancelled, or that the Duggar worship will stop. The Duggars are ridiculously slick, and can make controversies that kill other people's reputations roll right off their backs. As much as I'd love to count them out of the race, history has told us that they always have a few PR tricks up their sleeves. Who's to say that they haven't been planning for this moment for the last 10 years? I'm just so skeptical. I want to believe TLC will wash their hands of them, but I don't want to get burned.

It's already starting...blaming "liberal" media for destroying an innocent "Christian" family's reputation

Not to get into Clinton stuff, but lying about his sex life has nothing to do with his presidential duties. A family putting themselves out there as the perfect family and the Way We Should Do Things, but has this shit going on behind the scenes has everything to do with their job!

Got to agree - those situations are apples and oranges.

I still wonder if something happened to Josh. We know he was getting a ton of mixed signals early in life - sex is bad, but his parents boinking constantly, and talking about it openly. That can certainly confuse a kid, but I just can't shake the feeling there is something more.

Then again, maybe he's just broken. There certainly are cases of people coming from normal homes that do this crap, for no apparent reason; they're wiring is just crossed somewhere.

Hard to say, and I don't think either is an appealing choice.

I really wish this wasn't real. There's enough to hate about the Duggars without this.

It is a Victim's rights issue. The case is archived and beyond any statute of limitations. The only thing that can come of these documents is revealing the victims names for crimes that happened 12-13 years ago. EVERY victim has a right to privacy and should have the right to destroy all documents from further disclosure. The other victims share in that right as the only benefit they have at the moment is their privacy - which they deserve.

Yes the internet is forever and if a redacted copy can leak, so can the original. The rights and interests of the petitioning victim match those of the other victims.

I was just curious about how that would be possible in a case that involved other victims, who may or may not want the original documents destroyed. I'm guessing it's because the statute of limitations has already expired that this request was ok'd? I certainly didn't mean to suggest that a victim shouldn't have the ability to try and keep her name private, just wondering how it would work if there is more than 1 victim involved.

So this family gets ANOTHER fucking pass in their fucked up lives?! This is insane. So I wonder who came forward to have them destroyed: one of the sisters, or the non-family member who likely got paid off!??!

It's not a free pass. The statute of limitations ran out. If a case was going to be made, it would have to have been done by now.

And all this does is confirm that the redacted version isn't a fake. That will still exist on the Internet. But it keeps someone from disclosing the identities of the victims.

I'm just catching up on the thread, and honestly have nothing to add. Several really great points have already been made. I'm speechless.

I am close in age to both Jill and Jana and can't even imagine what this must be like for them. I just want to take all of the victims and have them over for a girls' weekend. I sincerely hope that they are being cared for-- probably not by JB and Michelle, but maybe by Derick and Ben.

I'm also shocked that neither TLC nor the Duggars have made any comment about this.

I found the parents' facebook page but it doesn't list location. Their son's page does list Fayetteville though. I also found one of the daughters' pages. She could be around Josh's age and is now married with a child and another on the way.

I think Amy and Deanna Duggar lived in Fayetteville in 2006 (Intelius includes Fayetteville in their address history).

The Querys live in Gravette, AR, so that rules them out.

The thing is that I don't think that Cathy or Ben's parents would bring this to the media. It's not like they'd only be harming Josh and his parents, their daughters in law are just as harmed (if not more so) by this. It would be one thing if there was one sister out of the 4 oldest who were molested. Then there could be a chance if wasn't their daughter in law. But 4 girls were attacked, and I'm going to hazard to guess Joy was not one of them. Even if Joy was one of them, that leaves 3 out of 4 older girls who were assaulted. No matter what, people will see their daughter in law as one of the victims. And they'll talk about it, they'll speculate, many will blame the daughters, many will say "boys will be boys," etc. I mean we are already seeing that. Why would you put someone you're trying to protect into harm's way?

No. If it's an inside the family thing, I'm going to guess that either Jessa or Jill released it. And not without the other girls' approval.

One of the victims was sitting on Josh's lap getting a story read to her, I believe. That makes me worry that at least one victim was quite young.

I might be dumb but I ain't stupid. I was their biggest freakin' fan until a few hours AGO. AND I'LL GIVE A PIECE OF MY MIND to whoever fails to catch on. Like, there is a police report, oh fans. If is wasn't directly from the police department, don't you think that the police department would say something!

The ladies have a story to sell. Jana, you are probably a victim. Say something, write a freaking book, earn the respect of a lot of women and make some money. You've got your freedom.

Is this real life?

I don't even have anything productive to add, other than to say that I'm slap-me-in-my-face shocked that this is going down like it is. And that it's true. Those poor young women, I can't even imagine. And I didn't think I could possibly think any lower of Jim Boob, but apparently I could and am.

TLC and the Duggars haven't commented yet, because TLCs lawyers are working overtime to decide a plan, and then they and the Duggars will release statements after more talks with lawyers. No one is going to say something publicly until lawyers have thought about things...

I wonder if the young Duggar in the report who said he liked to fix cars and train dogs was Joseph, not JD. I seem to remember a really old article back when JB was either running for office or in office that mentioned that Joseph liked to take care of animals. This makes me think that the kids down to Joy had some awareness of this when it first happened. :?

:ew:

Well I'm still trying to catch up on this while keeping up with the recent developments, could someone give a Razing Ruth overview? She was a scam artist? But she knew not only about the abuse but about Oprah's reporting it to CPS? What happened to this person after she was discredited? If the rumors existed on Free Jinger beforehand - hence where Razing Ruth stumbled upon them - why did everyone assume she was the originator and dismiss them? Sorry if I seem paranoid. None of it makes sense to me but then I only know bits and pieces about "Ruth".

Got to agree - those situations are apples and oranges.

I still wonder if something happened to Josh. We know he was getting a ton of mixed signals early in life - sex is bad, but his parents boinking constantly, and talking about it openly. That can certainly confuse a kid, but I just can't shake the feeling there is something more.

Then again, maybe he's just broken. There certainly are cases of people coming from normal homes that do this crap, for no apparent reason; they're wiring is just crossed somewhere.

Hard to say, and I don't think either is an appealing choice.

I really wish this wasn't real. There's enough to hate about the Duggars without this.

Indeed. I have no doubt that some people are just sociopaths who regardless of what they are taught will become horrible people who do terrible things. But it seems those kinds of people are the minority of offenders. Lots of people act out due to what they have experienced. Given Josh was so young when this happened, I think it's a valid thing to consider he might be a victim himself. Of course that doesn't excuse what he did, but the "why" is also important to explore.

One of the victims was sitting on Josh's lap getting a story read to her, I believe. That makes me worry that at least one victim was quite young.

So he likes even pre-pubescent girls, too. Friggin' sick beyond description.

I seriously don't think they'll be writing any books. Or that they should for the money.

This isn't a story, or another plotline for the show. This is a horrific case of abuse.

Yes, since Josh was the oldest of the Duggar children at 13, then his victims were 12 and under. I hope with all my heart that one wasn't a baby or toddler in diapers. We just don't know. One victim seemed to be saying that she couldn't remember what happened.. could be due to age, or just the trauma, or her being in bed asleep. We don't know most of the details, and we shouldn't know, I guess.

Every time someone suggests that they show someone getting counseling and putting it on the show, it makes me angry. Counseling sessions should ONLY include the counselor, the person receiving help, and maybe other people the counselor deems appropriate. They should NEVER be broadcast. Ever. For any reason.

FTR, I don't want to see what goes on in the sessions, just maybe them going to them, and mentioning them on the TH's or something...

No wonder Grandma took over the freaking laundry. Someone was being assaulted in there!

I guess they finally did something bad enough to make you stop loving them. Too bad it had to be something this bad to make you stop liking them. Siding with a guy like Bill Gothard should have been a massive red flag to stop your love. I just hope the other Duggar leghumpers finally see the light too and demand this family is taken off television.

ETA: It just makes me so mad that the conservative Christian community gave the Duggar a pass on all the other horrible stuff they did and it took something this awful to make them question. Wholesome family values my ass.

I am sure the whole Family will stand behind Josh. They already dealt with this a long time ago. Poore Anna if she didn´t know. But I really don´t worry for their Kids. I don´t think Josh is or was a pervert put what happend, and I still don´t have a clear picutre of what he really did, is the result of this upbringing.

Hopefully the lesson of this coming out will be that the way the Duggars handel sexuality is not healthy to put it mildly

Why is the (now) FACT that the Duggars spanked their Kids WITH A ROD not mentioned at all?? I think this is (also) horrible.

I just remembered this one Episode where Michell seemed shocked when she woke up the Kids and saw that Joshia (the one Josh saied about that he always thought he would be the next to marry) sleept on the floor next to John Davids bed. Does anyonw else remeber this Scene?

I wonder if the young Duggar in the report who said he liked to fix cars and train dogs was Joseph, not JD. I seem to remember a really old article back when JB was either running for office or in office that mentioned that Joseph liked to take care of animals. This makes me think that the kids down to Joy had some awareness of this when it first happened. :?

It's almost certain that Joy was a victim, all 5 Duggar girls who had been born at that time were interviewed, and only one of them (either Jana or Jill judging by the fact they're taking their GED at the time of the interview) wasn't molested by Josh. It's so awful, Joy would have only been 4/5 at the time :cry:

I seriously don't think they'll be writing any books. Or that they should for the money.

This isn't a story, or another plotline for the show. This is a horrific case of abuse.

Yup. Escaping fundie life is enough of a story on it's own if they wanted to write a tell all to make money after leaving. Their abuse is nothing anyone needs to know about unless they honestly want to tell their story. I really hope the press doesn't ever try to figure out which girls it was. It really doesn't even matter (to the public).

I just...I think I picked the worst day to check back in on FJ. Like this is a serious thread but...felt kinda like this:

104583-Community-Troy-pizza-screaming-Ng7R.gif

Just...holy fuck.

Are the Duggars done?

I know Honey Boo-Boo got canned but the Duggars have the most vicious leghumpers who would cry persecution, who already are crying "librul persecution" online. They'll excuse anything, won't they.

I'm disgusted with the Duggar parents and with Josh and with the scores of leghumpers defending them. I'm heartbroken for the victims, who are my age.

I wanted the Duggars to implode, but not like this. Not like this.

Archived