IGNORED

Tabitha Paine hangs out with the Duggars

halcionne

Here's another one. I don't know the original source but all the duggar fans find and repost. They do all my work for me most of the time :)

instagram.com/p/4r2wM-OOq_/

Thank you!

At the rate things are going with Tabby, I guess I'll be surprised when she leaves, instead of being surprised at how long she's stayed. What's Andrew's sister's name?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, this is my cynical, cynical brain...I just read an article on polygamy/polygyny on "biblical gender roles" (throwing up in my mouth just a little bit) is Tabitha a potential "sister wife" now that D.Q. can't have any more babies for Jim Bob? I mean...wouldn't want to waste his precious sperm on an infertile woman...now I need to repent and bleach my brain.

As much if a slime ball as Jimbo is, I highly doubt he'd take on a second wife. Firstly because it is not done in his cult, and secondly because, in his own fucked up way, I think he really is devoted to Meechelle.

Also, he's not stupid: he knows how well that would go over with the general public, and last we checked he's still trying to regain the publics God graces.

Thank you!

At the rate things are going with Tabby, I guess I'll be surprised when she leaves, instead of being surprised at how long she's stayed. What's Andrew's sister's name?

Lydia Patton. Private instagram but she has a facebook. I see now they moved from OK to AR last December.

:soda:

As a child, I had a friend whose moms never let her have a drink with dinner. If my sister or I ate at her house, we would not be able to have a drink either; I always found it so strange because my mom gave us juice or water no matter what.

FYI :geek: For optimum digestion, one should not consume liquids during meal-time. It dilutes your naturally occurring digestive enzymes and stomach acids which makes it harder to breakdown food. Although iced-water is said to speed up your metabolism, when you have it with food, it diverts energy that should be used for digestion. So, when you are eating, you want all your energy directed at breaking down food so your body can easily assimilate the nutrients and eliminate waste. Anyway, its advised you drink 20 min. before a meal, and wait at least that long afterward.

Although, I highly doubt this is why we see the Duggar children go without during lunch/dinner; I think they do it to prevent all the children from spilling, and creating kool-aid messes. :character-koolaid: !

:soda:

FYI :geek: For optimum digestion, one should not consume liquids during meal-time. It dilutes your naturally occurring digestive enzymes and stomach acids which makes it harder to breakdown food. Although iced-water is said to speed up your metabolism, when you have it with food, it diverts energy that should be used for digestion. So, when you are eating, you want all your energy directed at breaking down food so your body can easily assimilate the nutrients and eliminate waste. Anyway, its advised you drink 20 min. before a meal, and wait at least that long afterward.

Although, I highly doubt this is why we see the Duggar children go without during lunch/dinner; I think they do it to prevent all the children from spilling, and creating kool-aid messes. :character-koolaid: !

What's the evidence for this? I'm curious because I've never heard of this before.

What's the evidence for this? I'm curious because I've never heard of this before.

Yeah.... I'm gonna keep drinking water when I eat... When I eat I get thirsty, and drinking when you get thirsty = higher overall fluid intake. And higher overall fluid intake is obviously healthier... (I mean, ideally you should be drinking enough that you don't really get thirsty but...)

Why would you not drink if you're eating and you get thirsty? Don't overthink it- just drink some water and give your kids water when they want it :shrug:

Yeah.... I'm gonna keep drinking water when I eat... When I eat I get thirsty, and drinking when you get thirsty = higher overall fluid intake. And higher overall fluid intake is obviously healthier... (I mean, ideally you should be drinking enough that you don't really get thirsty but...)

Why would you not drink if you're eating and you get thirsty? Don't overthink it- just drink some water and give your kids water when they want it :shrug:

Suit yourself! Youre free to do and eat as youd like. But if you are interested in optimum digestion, feel free to research the matter, decide for yourself. [For a neutral source on the matter, this article takes more than one opinion into account (although I dislike their dueling source); http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... d-for-you/]

In the end, my point was, that the Duggars probably want to prevent the kids from spilling :character-koolaid: all over the table, and soaking their paper plates, hence the lack of cups. No one wants a soggy plate of chicken-etti. By the way, I looked at the 'Chicken Etti' recipe and almost threw up in my mouth. :puke-right:

I think they do it to prevent all the children from spilling, and creating kool-aid messes. :character-koolaid: !

As a member of a very large family - too many drinks knocked over on the table was exactly why we were never allowed drinks at the table with our dinner.

I've heard of something similar from a Pakistani friend whose father was really into holistic health. The advice wasn't to avoid all water when eating, though, but to not drink ice cold water (or any cold beverage) when eating. The theory has to do with cooling the digestive tract, which they believe is not optimal for digestion. "They" here refers to Ayurvedic ideas: http://www.mapi.com/ayurvedic-knowledge ... stion.html

But I've also read about that from some Traditional Chinese Medicine texts. Ice is a fairly new luxury for a lot of the world, and a lot of places would have served teas or soups with meals. So if it's traditional medicine, or just an aspect of tradition some have set to keep alive, or a part of the older culture which some still find quite valuable, I do not know.

I know when I lived in South Korea, I was amazed that nearly every meal was served with a light soup designed to complement the meal and help with thirst (unless you're eating soup -- then you just get one giant bowl). Korean summers get *really* hot and humid, though, so most of the summertime meals had cold soups. Digestion was very important to them, too, and no one worried about the cold soups that I ever saw. I guess everyone assumed the kimchi would aid with whatever digestive issues might occur.

Sorry about the :text-threadjacked:

As a member of a very large family - too many drinks knocked over on the table was exactly why we were never allowed drinks at the table with our dinner.

I can see this being the case with the Duggars-

Suit yourself! Youre free to do and eat as youd like. But if you are interested in optimum digestion, feel free to research the matter, decide for yourself. [For a neutral source on the matter, this article takes more than one opinion into account (although I dislike their dueling source); http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... d-for-you/]

In the end, my point was, that the Duggars probably want to prevent the kids from spilling :character-koolaid: all over the table, and soaking their paper plates, hence the lack of cups. No one wants a soggy plate of chicken-etti. By the way, I looked at the 'Chicken Etti' recipe and almost threw up in my mouth. [emoji14]uke-right:

The mayo clinic (and just using your damn brain) says otherwise. Water aids in digestion. It helps break down the food.

The mayo clinic (and just using your damn brain) says otherwise. Water aids in digestion. It helps break down the food.

Yeah, I was always sure that water aids in digestion as well... Because obviously... 2+2=4

Can you post the Mayo link though? I know people are gonna ask for the source

Wouldn't make any sense that water disturbs enzymes. Enzymes target their specific components of food (amino acids, carbohydrates, lipids etc) to interact with them and therefore water does not interfere. Water does not need enzymes to break it down. Most enzymes come into play in the small intestine anyway. Humans would be in trouble if the mere presence of water disrupted the enzymatic digestion process. So, drink away.

/signed, a nutrition degree holder who loathes science quacks

ps sorry for continuing the offtopic :embarrassed:

Humans would be in trouble if the mere presence of water disrupted the enzymatic digestion process.

I would have to stop eating cucumbers-- my favorite food in summer.

Maybe certain brains need more water?

Wouldn't make any sense that water disturbs enzymes. Enzymes target their specific components of food (amino acids, carbohydrates, lipids etc) to interact with them and therefore water does not interfere. Water does not need enzymes to break it down. Most enzymes come into play in the small intestine anyway. Humans would be in trouble if the mere presence of water disrupted the enzymatic digestion process. So, drink away.

/signed, a nutrition degree holder who loathes science quacks

ps sorry for continuing the offtopic :embarrassed:

This reminds me of a high school friend of mine who had strict rules for eating citrus and milk--there had to be a minimum amount of time between the two, because otherwise the citrus would curdle the dairy in your stomach and that would be very had for you. I asked her what she thought happened when milk met the acid in her stomach. Her face when I asked that... :lol:

This reminds me of a high school friend of mine who had strict rules for eating citrus and milk--there had to be a minimum amount of time between the two, because otherwise the citrus would curdle the dairy in your stomach and that would be very had for you. I asked her what she thought happened when milk met the acid in her stomach. Her face when I asked that... :lol:

I was told that fruit tends to digest faster than other foods -- therefore it's best to eat fruit either by itself, or at the beginning of a meal, as opposed to during or immediately after. The logic given was that you don't want the stuff on top to start fermenting while it's blocked from moving through by other stuff that is just starting to digest. Not that anything horrible will happen, but that it can cause upset stomach.

I never looked into it when I was told that, but it does seem reasonable.

Anyone have any comment on that?

I was told that fruit tends to digest faster than other foods -- therefore it's best to eat fruit either by itself, or at the beginning of a meal, as opposed to during or immediately after. The logic given was that you don't want the stuff on top to start fermenting while it's blocked from moving through by other stuff that is just starting to digest. Not that anything horrible will happen, but that it can cause upset stomach.

I have a cast iron stomach so I've never had any issues, but that doesn't make sense to me. The stomach churns everything up and then releases it into the duodenum. There's no "stuff on top."

If Tabitha ever stumbled upon this thread (can she use the internet?) she will be completely confused.

Oh...and I like drinking water while I eat. Fake science be damned!

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Everything gets squeezed together in the stomach.

Here is a flash video of the digestive process. http://kitses.com/animation/swfs/digestion.swf

It's a bit silly, but i think it illustrates why there wouldn't be anything "on top" or whatever. I do think certain fruits might digest faster than, say, raw broccoli. However, you can test this just by taking various foods and squishing them up with your hands and adding water. Some foods will break down easier than others.

Makes sense, thanks!

Will watch video... uh... soon as I finish eating, lol

Archived