IGNORED

Tabitha Paine hangs out with the Duggars

halcionne

Who's on Tori's right?

Yellow top in the foreground is Sarah Johnson. FJ made quite a fuss over her the first time we saw this picture: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21719

On Tori's right is Laura DeMasie aka @masiespace - she's heavy into IBLP and is also older - I think recently turned 30.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Did the Paines celebrate Christmas or New Year's Eve with the Duggars.

2. Tabitha is ten years older than Joseph. I would be surprised if they're courting.

The photo of Tabitha(or girl who looks like Tabitha) with the camera crew...... :think:

Some older Bates kids, Aynsley Weiss, and Jonathan Hartono were there for Christmas. I didn't see any Paines on the Duggar FB or FJ Duggar General thread. I wonder if the Paines go on the El Salvador trips.

xposted w/ NALLY: thank you!

I don't think JB wants to pair his single, courting age children to fundie royalty. Look at the current couples:

Josh married Anna Keller

Jill married Derick Dillard

Jessa married Ben Seewald

Josiah is courting Marjorie Jackson

Having said that, I do think Joe is at Crown College for something other than education. It's possible he is interested in Tori or Carlin Bates or another fundie lady who lives in the area.

Could she be there as an "accountability buddy" for a younger Paine sibling? At 30, I don't see her getting to the season finale of the FJ's Fundie Bachelor, but I don't follow the Paines enough to know if there's a younger, eligible, potential-special-friend just not pictured. Maybe for Jinger?

I have often wondered if Tabitha Paine has some kind of long-term health problem, perhaps genetic in nature. She looks extremely skinny, and looks like she has poor bone density (osteoporosis?). She has an odd shaped head and facial features. Has anyone else ever got that impression that she may suffer from some sort of health condition?? I figure this may be partly why she has remained unmarried.

Oh, but now that he's married off 3 to low key people/no names/ yes boys, in fundieland wouldn't it just be the jewel he's missing to have a child (preferably a boy) married to fundie royalty?

And I say that looking long term. As in the day the show dries up and the fame wanes. And then he has an army of yes boys but his creds in fundieland wane at that point. Having one or more kids married to fundie royalty would help him keep that long term clout.

(geez, I scare myself when I try to think like JB)

I am not the tiniest bit surprised JD has been holding off on marriage. John was, what, 17 or 18 when Josh got married? I reaaaaally doubt Josh's life made marriage and being a young parent look very appealing to John. He saw Josh go from being a teenager to having a huge amount of adult responsibilities that he was not prepared for practically overnight. Josh looks miserable.

I don't think John has Josh's naive optimism about marriage and parenthood. He seems to know that there's no going back because he's seen his brother go through it. I'm glad he (and Jana) have made it this long, even if I'm sure it's hard for both of them at times to be single and not allowed to casually date or have sex.

All that said - I can't say I'd be surprised if Tabitha Paine and John were an item. I don't know anything about her, but if Chad is any indication of the rest of the Paines, it might be a good match. I wonder if she went to college? Or if not, what she's been up to for the last 10 years?

I have often wondered if Tabitha Paine has some kind of long-term health problem, perhaps genetic in nature. She looks extremely skinny, and looks like she has poor bone density (osteoporosis?). She has an odd shaped head and facial features. Has anyone else ever got that impression that she may suffer from some sort of health condition?? I figure this may be partly why she has remained unmarried.

She looks completely normal to me. Not unattractive, not skinny - I see her as a pleasant looking girl.

"Might be a good match"... and now i'll be humming tunes from Fiddler on The Roof all day.

She looks completely normal to me. Not unattractive, not skinny - I see her as a pleasant looking girl.

I agree. I also don't think she looks too different from most of her siblings (I think Chad Paine is a real black sheep in regards to attractiveness).

Oh, but now that he's married off 3 to low key people/no names/ yes boys, in fundieland wouldn't it just be the jewel he's missing to have a child (preferably a boy) married to fundie royalty?

And I say that looking long term. As in the day the show dries up and the fame wanes. And then he has an army of yes boys but his creds in fundieland wane at that point. Having one or more kids married to fundie royalty would help him keep that long term clout.

(geez, I scare myself when I try to think like JB)

My guess is that boobie would want one of his sons to marry into a royal family, thus inserting the Duggar name into their family (and into any programs where the girl's family brought them). JD doesnt have the charisma to do the tour circuit, but Joe may.

I kind of feel like Boob is jealous of Priscilla Waller, having married right into the heart of gothardville, touring the world spreading the word of the cult... I think this will be Jana's fate.

She looks fine? And she's very pretty. Why do people always try to diagnose nonexistent health problems? :?

Yeah, I don't get a "sickly" vibe from her. She looks fine to me. As for her courting a Duggar...nah, I think she's just friends.

On a side note...Paines/Wallers/Bates/Duggars/Keilens etc. Seems to me that ATI is made up of a just a few (albeit large) families. I'm sure there is a lot of intermarrying going on.

Also, my guess is that she's just friends with Jana, but I do think she'd be a good match with JD because she's older and I just can't see him with many children. The only thing that makes me think she might be more than just a friend of Jana is the interview photo... I suppose time will tell.

I'm going with just friends. Maybe she's the Paine family's designated stay-forever daughter. Who knows! A daughter marrying an older man--sure. He's established a business, bought a home, yadda yadda. But a woman five years older? Hmmmm Of course if John David says "this is the one" I imagine he'll get his way if her Dad is ok with it. It would mean he'd have a fairly reasonably sized family. But I'm sticking with just friends.

Does anybody know the story of the Paine parents' vasectomy reversal? I know they had it after four kids, but there really doesn't seem to be a large age gap between #4 and #5. I'm confused.

Don't they say that people who look alike are attracted to each other. Josh and Anna, Jill and Derick, Jessa and Ben all look alike, esp. Jill and Derick!

Tabitha reminds me of John face-wise. So, even though she is a lot older than him I could see them being in a courtship.

I like JD, too. He is not charismatic and maybe not uber bright but he seems calm, kind hearted and has a good work ethic, AND he seems resistant to JB's superficial charm and fake smile. I would go with that any day. But, of course, one step on the compound and I would combust into ashes!

Go JD!!!!

My guess is that boobie would want one of his sons to marry into a royal family, thus inserting the Duggar name into their family (and into any programs where the girl's family brought them). JD doesnt have the charisma to do the tour circuit, but Joe may.

I kind of feel like Boob is jealous of Priscilla Waller, having married right into the heart of gothardville, touring the world spreading the word of the cult... I think this will be Jana's fate.

Hmm, Jana and a high ranking ATI family. There are four or five Staddon brothers, Craig and Brent Keilen, Nathaniel Paine, Sam Waller, and who knows how many BoD offspring. Slim pickings. Boob still fancies himself a political player, but the Bateses have made much better political matches.

She looks fine? And she's very pretty. Why do people always try to diagnose nonexistent health problems? :?

She looks like her dad. What interview picture were you referring to in your other post?

Does anybody know the story of the Paine parents' vasectomy reversal? I know they had it after four kids, but there really doesn't seem to be a large age gap between #4 and #5. I'm confused.

Right? They're like 18 months apart.

12paines.com/about/hannah/

I'm looking for more information on this, but I've already fallen down a semi-unrelated ATI rabbit hole. I'm hopeless.

Some older Bates kids, Aynsley Weiss, and Jonathan Hartono were there for Christmas. I didn't see any Paines on the Duggar FB or FJ Duggar General thread. I wonder if the Paines go on the El Salvador trips.

xposted w/ NALLY: thank you!

I remembered this post:

Mostly lurk but have been doing that for some time. I think I recall a video on one of the Duggar instagrams of the family and friends praying in the New Year. One of the people praying was Dr Paine, so more of the family was there at some point in the past few weeks. I have never understood the Paine family. Why would a practicing physician give up his work to be part of IBLP when he could contribute so much to humanity, both here and in the mission field? It makes no sense to me.

I don't recall seeing the video.

I think you are mistaken, my best bet is that JD is getting plenty of invites from fundie families who are being pressured by their daughter's to have JD over for dinner. No, doubt there are fundie girls lining up in droves to get at JD, if for nothing else than their 15 minutes of fame and a nationally televised wedding. However, with that being said I think JD is smart enough to realize that the fundie chicks are trying to capitalize on his family money and fame and he is just not having any of that. I'm assuming that when JB tries to persuade JD to pick one of the girls to court JD whines to his father "I just want to find someone who will love me, for me".

so wait...are you equating JD to Prince Harry from England??? :think: LOL

I think John David would be so much better looking with a different hairstyle. Those goth pictures someone was making of the Duggars made me look at J.D. in a whole new light. He may talk real slow, but that shouldn't fool anyone because he is probably a lot smarter than most people think.

I wouldn't be surprised if J.D. was the Duggar boy who is smart enough to marry a woman over 30 so he could cut his quiver in half. He appears to be in no real hurry to get married and start having babies. He is lucky enough that he has sort of gotten "out" from his parents with having jobs and buying his own house. I still have secret hopes that he lives in his own house or isn't having to bunk up with all his little brother still in the TTH, if only Jana could get so lucky.

I watched "Digging In with the Duggar's" last night and during the entire episode they talked about a "special guest".. I didn't think it would be Marge but it was, but I didn't suspect the surprise guest was Marge because we know about her. I thought the guest would be Tabitha because we had been seeing her pictured w/ the Duggar's close to the time of the filming. They said JD was at work but I fully suspected at the end JD would walk in with Tabby and announce that "Froggy, went a courting", I was so disappointed.

Archived