IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 6

happy atheist

Jinger makes me sad. She used to have so much of a spark, but I think that Jessa leaving really broke her heart.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jinger makes me sad. She used to have so much of a spark, but I think that Jessa leaving really broke her heart.

I wonder if Boob is pressuring her into a courtship/marriage....

When asked about the M theme, J & A seemed all over the place. Definitely an M4 but after that not certain. Perhaps M4 will be the last or they are just messing with us.

Yes! Both the boys looked much better before they became Duggars.

Especially Ben. It's like he's a different person.

Holy cow! Thanks for the photo sharing on that one. It's worse than I thought!

So glad I tuned out on that last hour. Didn't miss much apparently. What "college" is Joe going to? I figured it was ALERT. And I say kudos to Jessa for trying to color outside the lines once in a while. Did you know that you have the *option* to find out the gin-derrr of your baby? And that it's okay?? It's okay, Jessa!

I hope DerickDillard does go off missionizing without JillyDully. Might help him find his spine again.

I didn't see Jessa throw Ben under the bus, but he did have a teeth-gritting smile when Josh and Anna basically said that he needed to take notes from Derick, as he was doing an amazing job as a Dad and husband. If ever a look had words to define it, this was it, with ben saying a big fat "fuck you all, I hate you;" that was the look he gave.

I wonder if Ben is feeling a bit insecure when he thinks of Derick having a job that supports Jill, and doesn't like being called out on the fact that Jessa is pregnant while he isn't working yet.

I wonder what Ben is planning to do now that he has his Associate's degree.

After watching that crapfest of a finale later last night I hope someone can explain to my why this show is still on the air. Why are enough people watching so that it gets high enough ratings?

Originally they were a novelty what with the eleventy kids, the crunchy hair and frumperiffic clothing. Then for the next few years they popped out a bunch more babies with alarming regularity so, ok. The last couple of seasons have, of course, been dedicated to Jill and Jessa and their relationships, which drew in a lot of viewers, even though Jill's wedding in particular was drawn out seemingly beyond viewers' limits. Can anyone tell me what happened in those intervening, what, four years? Ok, I know they went to the dentist. They went on some trips. So, overall, nothing to really keep a viewer's interest.

Ok, so then it has to come down to their personalities, right? Which are, for the most part, non-existant. Maybe they all have great personalities off camera, but they sure as hell don't on! Did a single person actually answer a question last night (lame as the questions were)? I wish I hadn't deleted the ep because I swear half the time if you just read their responses you would not know which Duggarling had spoken. I mean, the 'interview' with Josiah and Marjorie was not exactly enlightening! I believe he ended his comments with 'so...yeah'!

There is no life in any of them at all!!! No personality. They all say the same things in the same monotone manner, just echoing their parents' beliefs. To me, Josh and Anna show a little more life and spark but, oh my god. Are they simply now celebrities on tv? I mean, there is nothing interesting or exciting about these people or this show. And the fact that TLC has replayed the same bloody clips over and over this season, seems to highlight that fact. That show last night was ridiculous!! So, why the hell are they still on the air??????? :pull-hair:

After watching that crapfest of a finale later last night I hope someone can explain to my why this show is still on the air. Why are enough people watching so that it gets high enough ratings?

Originally they were a novelty what with the eleventy kids, the crunchy hair and frumperiffic clothing. Then for the next few years they popped out a bunch more babies with alarming regularity so, ok. The last couple of seasons have, of course, been dedicated to Jill and Jessa and their relationships, which drew in a lot of viewers, even though Jill's wedding in particular was drawn out seemingly beyond viewers' limits. Can anyone tell me what happened in those intervening, what, four years? Ok, I know they went to the dentist. They went on some trips. So, overall, nothing to really keep a viewer's interest.

Ok, so then it has to come down to their personalities, right? Which are, for the most part, non-existant. Maybe they all have great personalities off camera, but they sure as hell don't on! Did a single person actually answer a question last night (lame as the questions were)? I wish I hadn't deleted the ep because I swear half the time if you just read their responses you would not know which Duggarling had spoken. I mean, the 'interview' with Josiah and Marjorie was not exactly enlightening! I believe he ended his comments with 'so...yeah'!

There is no life in any of them at all!!! No personality. They all say the same things in the same monotone manner, just echoing their parents' beliefs. To me, Josh and Anna show a little more life and spark but, oh my god. Are they simply now celebrities on tv? I mean, there is nothing interesting or exciting about these people or this show. And the fact that TLC has replayed the same bloody clips over and over this season, seems to highlight that fact. That show last night was ridiculous!! So, why the hell are they still on the air??????? :pull-hair:

there was a lot of passive aggressive attitude from the whole thing last night

Jinger has no spark - what happened to her - it's almost like she is jealous of Ben

Josh is calling everyone out

Jessa now is the stepford angry wife- she doesn't come across as happy

Ben hates to be called out - who would like that

Anna misses them because it's overwhelming for her and Josh doesn't look all that healthy

do these people ever act normal - maybe they are so afraid to say something wrong

I loved the quote from someone who said Michelle carried IDDY like a restaurant tray

Jill seemed sad watching the footage of the birth

Ben was trying to defend the non kiss - while JB threw him under the bus

JB - Josie has perfect pitch? Really? What I heard was a warbly 5-year-old in classic little kid voice who didn't know the words to the song she was singing (So why not sing a song she knows the words to?).

The clip show was a snoozefest.

The interview hour was soft-balled and revealed absolutely nothing new right down to Michelle mowing the lawn in her bikini.

I sort of wanted Jinger and Jana to get up and put a smack down on Josh. By the way Joshie I see you're putting baby weight on again.

Michelle, it's your grandchild not a tray. You 'delivered' (no you didn't you gave birth to. A doctor/midwife delivered) 19 children, you could think you could pick up an infant and carry it to your daughter. And if it was going to be that awkward, why not have Jana, Jinger or Joy standing by to carry in IDD?

Joe, John and Derek were fortunate to have gotten out of that.

My thoughts:

Yes, there was palpable tension between the Duggars.

Why did Her Royal Highness Jill babble on about recovering from a c-section? She was 4 weeks post-partum. I've had 2, and at 4 weeks I felt well enough to sit on a couch and talk.

Some thing's wrong with Josie. Why did everyone answer for her when she was asked what she liked to do with her sister? Once they all said playing dolls, she vacantly said, "American Girl dolls." I think her TH interviews are highly coached. They are trying to downplay her possible disability.

Grandma Mary was nowhere to be seen. Jinger is doing all the laundry now. A rift?

Jana said nothing has changed as far as being the oldest except she now has a different relationship with some of the littles. In other words, she's raising even more of them.

My thoughts:

Yes, there was palpable tension between the Duggars. ...

Some thing's wrong with Josie. Why did everyone answer for her when she was asked what she liked to do with her sister? Once they all said playing dolls, she vacantly said, "American Girl dolls." I think her TH interviews are highly coached. They are trying to downplay her possible disability.

Grandma Mary was nowhere to be seen. Jinger is doing all the laundry now. A rift?

Jana said nothing has changed as far as being the oldest except she now has a different relationship with some of the littles. In other words, she's raising even more of them.

Josie: Nothing can be "wrong" with a miracle, Silly! Yes, her speech is awful and she's babied too much. They CLEARLY "coach" all the little kids--why else was Michael screaming in the first episodes this season? Someone asks the questions--we usually hear that--then, Sunday School teacher-like, the "interviewer" mimes the expressions, gestures etc and mouths the word.

Grandma: Not sure what IS up there, but it could be as simple as she said "i can't take it anymore" and moved in with Deanna. But she hasn't been seen very much.

Jana: Now does ALL the house, the kids, the cooking and probably the laundry since she's past her "Freshness" date at the marriage supermarket. Jinger [i always see FINGER] is still marriageable and can't be seen with dishpan hands, dark circles or a pair of little boys underwear static-clinged to the back of her skirt.

Thank you so much Buzzard (esp. since I am currently living w/out cable).

I always assumed that Joseph "shopping for colleges" (when they went up to MO to visit College of the Ozarks) & then going off to Crown College in TN was going to be at least a big chunk of one episode this season.

Why didn't they use that footage instead of doing more stupid clips & vapid interviews? Are they saving that for next season? That seems odd that they will be showing footage that is truly a year old--have they ever been than far behind in the timeline?

A question for the accountants out there--could it be that Derick is going off to take some sort of accounting exam? [Perhaps having to go to UofA or back to Ok State to sit for it?]

One thing that stuck out to me was Jessa explaining why Jill was married first. JOB and SAVINGS. The question, then, is what did Binjermin do to raise enough money to be worthy of taking ownership of a duggerette?

One thing that stuck out to me was Jessa explaining why Jill was married first. JOB and SAVINGS. The question, then, is what did Binjermin do to raise enough money to be worthy of taking ownership of a duggerette?

she also said because they were older

but that spoke volumes to me that she actually said JOB and SAVINGS

what did the old Benjermin do - he got on a tv show - hence the able to get married :cracking-up:

Derek would need another year of college to take the CPA exam. Unsure of CMA (certified managerial accountant).

The Erica Hill interview was taped when Baby Iz was four weeks old, so Jessa's pregnancy was already announced via social media. In the previews for next season the timeline goes backwards again as we see a clip of Ben and Jessa talking about how they're going to tell the family they're expecting. They're all over the place.

JOSIE has medical problems that they're downplaying. I think Michelle loves that they keep talking about mowing the lawn in her bikini.

Must have stepped out of the room or drifted off but when did Jessa throw Ben under the bus? Also, someone made reference to his teeth-gritting smile. What happened?

I took nst's under the bus comment to refer to Jessa saying her courtship was longer because Derick had more money saved (or whatever) than Ben.

Still not caught up on the newest episodes of the crapfest, but it does strike me as odd that so much of the show is recycled footage nowadays. Do the producers really think that because the wedding and childbirth episodes garner such huge ratings, they can simply order more episodes, but make half of them filler from previous episodes? I don't really get the logic behind that.

And I always thought Benji's biggest selling point for Jim Bob was that he would be so desperate to get with Jessa that Ben would do anything that Jim Bob said. Still, that won't be enough in the long haul to support a wife and growing family if his ambitions stretch no further than being Jim Bob's yard boy. Here's hoping that Ben actually does something with that shiny new degree of his.

Still not caught up on the newest episodes of the crapfest, but it does strike me as odd that so much of the show is recycled footage nowadays. Do the producers really think that because the wedding and childbirth episodes garner such huge ratings, they can simply order more episodes, but make half of them filler from previous episodes? I don't really get the logic behind that......

I am surprised that Joe wasn't shown at college. Maybe that isn't going well?? I suppose the college could want it played down--not wanting to be infiltrated by some left wing person or reporter? And, Josiah is supposedly a graphic designer now--I expect that WILL be shown next season along with Obnoxious woman planning the wedding on phony last-second deadlines to create drama again [yawn]. What do John and Ben do all day? Derrick works as an accounting dept something or other at Wal-mart, Joe is supposedly at Crown, but what do John and Ben actually DO? And, what about Jed & Jer--they should be home school graduates now. What's up with them or is it their turn to go to ALERT?

I think we may have gotten thru to the powers that be that we are sick of contrived field trips. We're now OVER wedding planning. Babies I suppose have to stay--its the reason J/M were put on tv in the first place.

the timeline is going to be so wonky next season it's not even funny

are we going to have to close our eyes in order for us not to see a 8 months pregnant Jill react to Jessa saying she is pregnant

and why did they treat Jill last night like she was about to fall over and die

I think TLC et al go so caught up with Wedning! Baby! frenzy (along with Josie Sezure) that they blew the timeline right out of the water.

Joe going to college is boring (to them). And I'm going to guess we'll get Joe going off to college episode and then back to only rare appearances and mere mentions. The 'story' next year will be Josiah and Marjory. With full on Siera any time they can work her in. Please Ben & Jessa keep that gender a secret.

edited to add:

Plus for next season M4 (barely an episode - my guess) and Jessa has a baby!

Last night's episode is up on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NzmVEFPrY

Watched the preview for next season where the Duggars are over at Jill and Derick's house.

Derick: "WE got some special news to share with you guys" as the whole family looks on concerned (or sad :( in Joy's case)

Jim Bob: "That is a big step. That is a huge step." (His "I'll be praying for you" was just a voiceover and may or may not have been related to the Dillys' announcement.)

Hot damn, my interest is definitely piqued now! :shock: I think their announcement must be really important, we're not just talking Derick's mouth surgery here. I also don't get the sense that Derick would go off somewhere by himself and leave Jill and/or Izzy alone. Whatever it is, it's something he and Jill decided and will do together as a family. The theories about them moving or becoming missionaries are starting to look more and more realistic.... :think:

Fascinated, you summed up my feelings about the show very neatly. I used to catch an occasional show now and then but between the dullness of the "characters" and all of the commercial bumpers that played the same clips over and over until I wanted to claw my eyes out, I finally had to give up. I think each episode has maybe 5 minutes of interesting material-- and I only mean interesting in the sense of it being snarkable.

The lowest point for me (and the episode that made me give up watching entirely) was when Michelle had her coffee date with Jessa last season. I watched with disbelief at the (scripted!) shallow conversation filled with empty platitudes and I realized I had no interest in listening to these people speak ever again. They are so dull and so thoughtless and so devoid of anything culturally relevant that it stuns me they have been on TV for so long.

Last night's episode is up on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NzmVEFPrY

Watched the preview for next season where the Duggars are over at Jill and Derick's house.

Derick: "WE got some special news to share with you guys" as the whole family looks on concerned (or sad :( in Joy's case)

Jim Bob: "That is a big step. That is a huge step." (His "I'll be praying for you" was just a voiceover and may or may not have been related to the Dillys' announcement.)

Hot damn, my interest is definitely piqued now! :shock: I think their announcement must be really important, we're not just talking Derick's mouth surgery here. I also don't get the sense that Derick would go off somewhere by himself and leave Jill and/or Izzy alone. Whatever it is, it's something he and Jill decided and will do together as a family. The theories about them moving or becoming missionaries are starting to look more and more realistic.... :think:

Whatever it is, we'll know before the season starts. Jill cant help herself posting pictures.

My guess is that they're moving, either to DC or closer to Cathy.

I feel the same way about the Kardashians. I stopped watching them, but I did stop by to watch when Khloe was engaged and married. After that, I stopped again. I think they (Duggar) cater to a different demographic that probably entails conservative families with limited options on tv. Like the Kardashian that cater to the younger crowd 18-24.

I wonder if they preview we saw for next season at J and D's house is for dental surgery? They made it sound like he was going to leave Jill for a mission or something. I do hope Jana is courting and pulls an Alyssa Webster

What did Alyssa do??

Archived