IGNORED

Derick, Jill, and Izzie

Coconut Flan

Jill wearing a sling like that is so confusing to me. Obviously she's been around countless women with babies in slings...there's no way she doesn't know how they are supposed to be worn properly? Maybe somehow they just got a picture at a weird moment when she was readjusting, or she didn't want the baby in the photo or something? I know Jill's naive as hell but she can't be THAT stupid. She's practically wearing him like a fanny pack.

None of the Duggars strike me as the type to follow directions. Jill probably got the ring sling because she wanted a carrier and that one had the look that most appealed to her. Then she made a half-assed attempt follow instruction from a youtube video, and when she couldn't figure it out she just plopped the baby in the sling and adjusted until she was reasonably sure he wouldn't fall out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG how can anyone think that it's okay to carry a baby like that?? I will have to try real hard to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. I was a bit stunned and exhausted after my first section too. Mind you, I had no help at ALL...

Shouldn't Mrs. Dullard want to have a baby sling that is comfortable and no where near her scar? She is very keen on VBAC and I am assuming she wants to be as healthy as possibly down there.

I am not a mum, so maybe I don't get it... however the fact she's holding a sling the wrong way confuses me; she's done so much with Children in her life...

What the heck is he doing in that last picture?

As far as Izzie looking greasy....my son always had that look about him too. Not sure why. I suppose because he was only bathed every few days and we often had to put lotion on him.

I've been looking into Venessa Giron today, and I want to make a new thread. Do you think it should go in Duggarland or on the main forum?

Seriously, Jill, Google is your friend, not the enemy.

"Infant ring sling" brings up an endless stream of pictures that look just like this:

I had very little esteem remaining for this woman but this - her child could be having serious problems breathing in that sling with the way she is carrying him.

I said way back when in another thread that Jill and/or Derick should be wearing an I'm With Stupid shirt; they should probably just wear one all the time now. The fact that neither of them even bothered to check how to properly wear that poor baby :angry-banghead:

post-984-14452000159491_thumb.jpg

I've been looking into Venessa Giron today, and I want to make a new thread. Do you think it should go in Duggarland or on the main forum?

I don't know but let me know where you put it, I want to read. :)

Seriously, Jill, Google is your friend, not the enemy.

"Infant ring sling" brings up an endless stream of pictures that look just like this:

I had very little esteem remaining for this woman but this - her child could be having serious problems breathing in that sling with the way she is carrying him.

I said way back when in another thread that Jill and/or Derick should be wearing an I'm With Stupid shirt; they should probably just wear one all the time now. The fact that neither of them even bothered to check how to properly wear that poor baby :angry-banghead:

I'm no sling expert, but I too just did a quick Google search and I'm wondering if this was the look Jill was going for -

post-10637-14452000159658_thumb.jpg

Yeah I know those slings don't have a ring but I want to give Jill the benefit of the doubt that maybe she wasn’t aware that the ring slings require a different configuration from the other sling she may have been exposed to. At any rate, she and Derick were at a huge family conference this week, so if she was doing something wrong, I hope one of the nosy fundies corrected her. For all we know, one of Jill's siblings was holding Izzy while she used the sling to hold baby supplies. Okay I know that one's kind of a stretch but still, my point is that it seems kind of hasty to jump to conclusions based on ONE measly, vague fan photo.

post-10637-1445200015987_thumb.jpg

That type of carrier is called a Bag Sling and has been recalled in many cases due to babies dying from positional asphyxiation.

That type of carrier is called a Bag Sling and has been recalled in many cases due to babies dying from positional asphyxiation.

And one of those times was a mom helping at a school function - so, on her feet in a crowd, distracted by other people, just like Jill in that photo. All it took was her thinking the baby was asleep for however long it takes a baby to suffocate, two minutes? Sad and tragic.

Yep, I was fully functioning within a week, with all of my sections. Had both of my kids on a Tuesday, home on Friday and my hubs was back to work on Monday. Totally, so easy and painless.

All snarking aside and In a respectful way, I'm truly in awe. You never had to honor the wound and keep it from stretching? The doctors advised not lifting much or even doing strenuous sit-up like motions with abdominal muscles for at least a few weeks. But to be as strong as you were would have been amazing. :D Probably 99% of every other more fragile c-section mommies wish they were able to do that. lol But didn't you have staples if your babies were born about 20-some years ago? My mom had one emergency one with twins, and her scar is vertical and even now the pink scar part is about 1/2" wide (she says, i haven't seen it) even though she had bedrest afterward. This was in the '90's and she did have metal staples. I just had internal stitches and tapes outside. My scar now is just a little pink horizontal line, almost invisible. (and both my mom and i were average weight around Jill-size, which does make recovery easier) Even the internal part is just a small ridge now, mabye due to taking it easy. It was no fun but i kept telling myself that full recovery meant less complications later.

i think what also made recovery painful and difficult was knowing this c-section was nothing like a papercut, i must be a wimp because even papercuts really hurt... and i once had a dermatologist biopsy something and to me it felt like what i imagine a gunshot graze would be lol i would SO not survive the wild west. My imagination works overtime. (not snarking at all, i probably spent too much time during recovery just imagining all those organs and muscles and skin layers needing time to knit back together...)

I doubt doulas and midwife apprentices are especially trained on something like how to wear a baby sling. But pretty much every woman Jill knows over 25 is a mom, most likely, and she surely reads all of these "natural mom" blogs that talk about stuff like slings all the time. I mean, I don't even have kids and I know looking at that photo that it's wrong. It's just obvious.

So I do want to maybe give her the benefit out the doubt and hope that she maybe readjusted it because she didn't want the baby in the photo or something. I haven't quite convinced myself that's the case...but I'm trying.

But, this is Jill. She wouldn't want a photo without Izzy. It really is an alarming thing, and i hope so much that everyone near her helps her figure out the right way to wear it. Especially as she's going to have more children in the future, more distractions, and less able to gaze at their sweet little fuzziness every minute to check that they're okay.

Maybe it's used so she didn't get the instructions with it.

Buy used and save that baby from his dimbulb parents.

Hopefully someone tells Jill how to wear the sling correctly.

All snarking aside and In a respectful way, I'm truly in awe. You never had to honor the wound and keep it from stretching? The doctors advised not lifting much or even doing strenuous sit-up like motions with abdominal muscles for at least a few weeks. But to be as strong as you were would have been amazing. :D Probably 99% of every other more fragile c-section mommies wish they were able to do that. lol But didn't you have staples if your babies were born about 20-some years ago? My mom had one emergency one with twins, and her scar is vertical and even now the pink scar part is about 1/2" wide (she says, i haven't seen it) even though she had bedrest afterward. This was in the '90's and she did have metal staples. I just had internal stitches and tapes outside. My scar now is just a little pink horizontal line, almost invisible. (and both my mom and i were average weight around Jill-size, which does make recovery easier) Even the internal part is just a small ridge now, mabye due to taking it easy. It was no fun but i kept telling myself that full recovery meant less complications later.

i think what also made recovery painful and difficult was knowing this c-section was nothing like a papercut, i must be a wimp because even papercuts really hurt... and i once had a dermatologist biopsy something and to me it felt like what i imagine a gunshot graze would be lol i would SO not survive the wild west. My imagination works overtime. (not snarking at all, i probably spent too much time during recovery just imagining all those organs and muscles and skin layers needing time to knit back together...)

I had the internal stitching and steri-strips, no staples (1987, 1990), kids born in a large hospital in San Francisco, so maybe more cutting edge??? Plus, I had been an OB nurse for a couple of years when I first was out of nursing school. On our unit we had OB and GYN patients, so lots of abdominal surgeries. I just knew what my body could do and I had no fear. I was a long distance runner for many years and played tennis 2 days before my first child's birth. :) Oh to be young!

If Mrs. Dullard couldn't figure out how to cook rice for three then it's no wonder she has no clue how to adjust a baby sling. Really, I have no patience left for these two... Derick's just as dim-witted as Jill. They really deserve each other, like Bin&Blessa, too. I can't believe I'm saying this but Josh&Anna are slowly starting to stand out in a good way among all the married Duggars.

If Mrs. Dullard couldn't figure out how to cook rice for three then it's no wonder she has no clue how to adjust a baby sling. Really, I have no patience left for these two... Derick's just as dim-witted as Jill. They really deserve each other, like Bin&Blessa, too. I can't believe I'm saying this but Josh&Anna are slowly starting to stand out in a good way among all the married Duggars.

In terms of intellect, the Dairy Queen might be the brightest bulb in the Duggar Chandelier Flashlight.

In terms of intellect, the Dairy Queen might be the brightest bulb in the Duggar Chandelier Flashlight.

Probably, and that is quite sad, really. She has totally checked out and acts like a clueless woman who cannot survive without a manly man guiding her through life.

And one of those times was a mom helping at a school function - so, on her feet in a crowd, distracted by other people, just like Jill in that photo. All it took was her thinking the baby was asleep for however long it takes a baby to suffocate, two minutes? Sad and tragic.

Wow. That is heartbreaking. And makes me a little sick to my stomach. :(

I had a c-section in 2013. They used internal sutures on the uterus. But then I opted for metal staples for the outer closure. They took them out after 2 days (while I was still in the hospital.) Then I just had steri-strips on the outside after that. Now, I just have a light pink scar. I could have had internal staples that dissolve but I'd heard horror stories and decided against them (so glad I did. Having the metal ones in only a couple days was great.)

ETA...

As far as activity after...I was told not to lift more than my son. And was told to basically take it easy. Though they said to keep walking and moving because that helped healing. But my husband did all of the cleaning and laundry for quite a few weeks.

I don't know but let me know where you put it, I want to read. :)

Me too! I think if the intended discussion will involve other fundies (in general, not necessarily specifc ones), the main forum seems fitting, otherwise if the Duggars are the main connection/discussion than QFoD is probably best.

Discussing Venessa should be something new not a rehash of what we've already discussed.

And look for other threads on her before you make a new one!

That's why I'm undecided. I think a lot of it got buried in cat poop and cracker barrel clutter, and it seems to have been discussed in more than one location. I want to talk about Venessa and nutty midwives and the case that cost Venessa her license, and whether or not she's practicing in another state, as I suspect. And maybe a little bit about how Jill is involved. :shhh:

Archived