IGNORED

SAHD blog- the Boyer sisters

iloveevolution

17 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Yeah she's a fucking idiot. And I predict she's just nutty enough to come here and try to fight! 

images.jpg

She's welcome to it, science is on our side.

zJLrj.jpg

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Yeah she's a fucking idiot. And I predict she's just nutty enough to come here and try to fight! 

images.jpg

Has she ever even seen the famous Natl. Geo cover with Sharbat Gula? Most famous pair of blue eyes in history, I bet. On a woman of color! Sucks to suck, Ayla!

I met a redheaded First Nations woman once. I don't know her family history, but I'd hazard a guess she has European ancestry - as, I'd imagine, many First Nations people do today, because the First Nations and the European settlers didn't live in separate bubbles, but interacted. First Nations women were assaulted by white men, white women were kidnapped by First Nations tribes, white men and First Nations women formed consensual relationships.

In fact, there's an entire cultural group in Canada that came about due to the relationships between the French voyageurs and the Plains nations, the Métis. Mixed-race unions are nothing new, and we blonde-haired, blue-eyed folk haven't died out yet.

Also, there has never such a thing as a whole people made out of all blonde and blue-eyed people. I am Swedish and even those whose ancestry is 100% Swedish as far as can be known may be brown-eyed and have dark brown or black hair. The ones who would be the most responsible for destroying blond hair would be dark haired whites if that really was a thing, that blonde hair would be in danger. My parents with brown and black hair produced 1 blond kid too, I  seem to  have gone 2/2 blonde despite having brown hair.

Where are my sun glasses????? That pink is soon loud!

I wonder if the Boyer sisters would be aloud to wear such an attention seeking colour? Also, I would really like to fing out more about the parents.  What makes them tick? I went down the rabbit hole of the Boyer Youtube channel yesterday and appeared hours later very dusty and kind of dumbfounded. The sisters seem to be very young (typical fundie girl) in their behaviour and manner, have no idea what "real" life is about and are totally caught up in their fake world.  And as for the whole glorifying WWII thing - I am German, so to me it is absolutely inappropriate, incomprehensible, unfathomable - you get the picture....

I have one blonde haired blue eyed child and one brown eyes brown haired child. They are both good looking children (mom opinion!) and I wonder what would happen if this racist woman had (gasp!) a brown haired brown eyed child like my own? Would he be the brown sheep? Would he be treated less than? Her beliefs are disgusting.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I saw this and had to share this with Free Jingerites - it's a "vintage inspired" shaped dress, patterned with.... DRAMA LLAMAS!!!  Perfect for the Boyer thread, no?

Haha oh my, that dress is hideous!

The reason I got into the Boyer blog is because I do enjoy their style, or should I say aesthetic. Their photography is very good, they have a genuine eye and talent for this sort of thing. They clearly know what they're doing, nothing about it is amateur. While I wouldn't wear a lot of what they wear, there have been many outfits that I enjoy. I like their overall style because it is authentic without being over the top WEAR ALL THE VINTAGE I OWN AT ONCE which you see on a lot of blogs, and it isn't pinup or modcloth hipster girl. I admit I followed their blog for two years before I realized they were nuts! I used to just look at the pretty pictures but as it turns out reading it was the best part!

Now, what I'm wondering is, how much of the blog does Daddy Boyer orchestrate? Imagine if he's the one taking all of the pictures and editing them himself, picking them out...he is a graphic designer who has had a formal education in this stuff whereas the girls have not? So creepy to think of and it would not surprise me.

Oh and a funny thing I remember from looking at one of their FB pages was that one of their friends commented how they are "just like the Andrews Sisters but without the bad stuff". Given I know nothing about the Andrews Sisters other than some of their catchy songs, what exactly was bad about the Andrews Sisters? And why would they choose to emulate them if they are some sort of hussies, which I am guessing was being implied in a really lulzy immature way.

41 minutes ago, denimchastityskirt said:

Oh and a funny thing I remember from looking at one of their FB pages was that one of their friends commented how they are "just like the Andrews Sisters but without the bad stuff". Given I know nothing about the Andrews Sisters other than some of their catchy songs, what exactly was bad about the Andrews Sisters? And why would they choose to emulate them if they are some sort of hussies, which I am guessing was being implied in a really lulzy immature way.

Rum and Coca Cola, of course. I'm sure they neither imbibe nor do they ingest all the "nasty chemicals" in Coke.

And. You know. The implications of prostitution.

Also just....yeah. They're basically an Andrews Sisters cover band who just conveniently ignore the parts of the Andrews Sisters that don't fit their Vision Forum version of history.

I know a little about the Andrew Sisters, my grandfather is a fan. They fought a lot amongst themselves and one of them *trigger*   tried to commit suicide in the 50's, I think.  I think they ganged up on one sister at one point and another time one sister sued the other two  

So they were not quite the happy mess of enmeshment that the Boyer sisters like to be.  Well, until peacock Gabe whisked away Brigid a whole 3-4 hours away! *cry* 

Do  we do *trigger*  warnings here? 

3-4 hours is that far away by American standards? I wouldn't feel it is that far away. I have had people visit me and not even stay the night. Sure it is not like they are neighbours but not that bad. They are close so I'm sure they would be willing to make that trip often. I mean, they're young and could drive it without a lot of stops and sleep on the floor at their sister's home if they cannot go home after dark.

3-4 hours is that far away by American standards? I wouldn't feel it is that far away. I have had people visit me and not even stay the night. Sure it is not like they are neighbours but not that bad. They are close so I'm sure they would be willing to make that trip often. I mean, they're young and could drive it without a lot of stops and sleep on the floor at their sister's home if they cannot go home after dark.

It's certainly not far by Canadian standards; my dad and I have been known to drive that far for a day's skiing.

23 minutes ago, elliha said:

Nope, it is not far away. Especially where I live in California, many people commute to and from work 3-4 hours a day. That is back and forth not one way,  but still a 3-4 hour trip to visit is certainly doable, at least a couple times a month. 

1 hour ago, elliha said:

The drive is actually around 3 hours. Which is not a huge deal for Americans. Our country (and some states) are enormous. We are used to long drives. What's interesting is people from other countries not realizing how long it takes to get from say, DC to NYC. 

For those of us waiting with bated breath for the wedding pictures, from their blog: 

You will get to see and read about it as soon as we get the photos from the wedding photographer. Have patience…it might be a little bit, yet. 

Thanks for you interest!
Jessica, the Eldest Sister

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

Yeah, 3 hours isn't far at all. But do the girls drive?

I don't think they've ever addressed this on their blog, so I'm guessing they don't drive. It seems like a milestone that would be worth mentioning!

I showed my mother the weekly menu segment from the "how we eat" video. 

She was not impressed, and is very confused as to why fundies think the whole world wants to know what's up in their lives.

I don't understand either-- why should any of us care how the Boyer sisters eat, or why they don't eat cane sugar?

2 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Yeah, 3 hours isn't far at all. But do the girls drive?

They manage to travel to all their singing events, or did anyway. 

2 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

They manage to travel to all their singing events, or did anyway. 

Yes, and from the videos it appeared that at least one of them drove. Too lazy to go look it up right now.

I couldn't see any mention on their blog of anyone driving other than mom or dad when I poked around. I just couldn't handle searching/watching videos right now. 

Let's be realistic, even if Brigid was moving to the other side of the earth, to like New Zealand or somewhere it's still a major overreaction! Sorry but I don't have an ounce of sympathy at all. I just can't. This isn't the Victorian era of steamships where mail takes months to arrive. There's Skype and every other platform of social media. Since they have nothing to do and nowhere to be they could do all day Skype calls if they wanted.

I really want this whole thing to be an opportunity for Brigid to get out there and make some new friends - who are HER AGE! I remember they had a few posts where they were hanging out with 8 year olds (or rather young girls)...it was weird. They need friends their own age, preferably with some diversity too but lets face it, those churches they attend seem to be WHITES ONLY.  

In their thrilling Day In The Life Of video, they are all in a car, but they don't show who's driving. 

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 18.56.43.png

I guess even if they did know how to drive, they're living in more straightened circumstances now, so they could only have 1 car between them all (plus only one parental car means they're even more under the thumb, right?)

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

In their thrilling Day In The Life Of video, they are all in a car, but they don't show who's driving. 

Hide contents

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 18.56.43.png

I guess even if they did know how to drive, they're living in more straightened circumstances now, so they could only have 1 car between them all (plus only one parental car means they're even more under the thumb, right?)

My guess is mommy is driving. 

17 hours ago, denimchastityskirt said:

I really want this whole thing to be an opportunity for Brigid to get out there and make some new friends - who are HER AGE! I remember they had a few posts where they were hanging out with 8 year olds (or rather young girls)...it was weird. They need friends their own age, preferably with some diversity too but lets face it, those churches they attend seem to be WHITES ONLY.  

Let's hope so. Unfortunately I'm fairly familiar with the area Gabe is supposedly from/living -- it's kinda the middle of nowhere. Perfectly good driving distance to explore Fort Wayne, Toledo and Detroit for day trips though! I'd personally be happy living on that stretch of highway because of access to those cities, but who knows about the Eversons taking advantage of them. I'm from Detroit and have family both there and Ft. Wayne; both places have their issues, and Ft. Wayne is pretty white and Christian, but they do have culture! Esp. Detroit.

This is only tangentially related but I was listening to NPR this morning and heard them say "Wilmington, OH -- A Trump Stronghold" and my mind immediately went to the Boyers at the rally. *Eye roll*

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived