IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

Yes, David kept the Team Zambia website and erased all mention of John. He doesn't seem to mention the split at all in any of his newsletters.

So reading the newsletter from June/July of last year David says that a man worked overtime for almost a year to fund his printer. Isn't that the exact same story John told? Are there two different men who worked overtime to fund printers for Zambia or is this the same printer and David got to keep it and John had to find another one? This printer cost the same amount that John said his printer cost.

rea.teamzambia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/June-July-Prayer.pdf

Hmm, maybe that would explain why John ended up soliciting a Sacrificial Love Offering from another church to fund his printer. I figured the man couldn't come through with the pledged money, or John had exaggerated his commitment to begin with.

You know, I really thought Rea was more logical about this whole thing than John. I mean, he's actually making plans to line up his visas before going, which is an insane level of preparation in comparison. But now this???? Did anyone bother to tell him about the differences in electricity between the US and Zambia? I had a converter kit to go to England and it burned out an ipod charger...I can only imagine what it would do to a $5000 piece of equipment, if it ever works at all.

He also sounds excited to have gotten the paper, ink and chemicals for the machine at a big discount. Does he know where to get replacements in Zambia and how much they'll cost? It's not like you can just stick a bunch of standard letter paper in a specialized piece of equipment. Plus there's the transport issue. The damn thing weighs 3300 lbs! Does he know how expensive that will be to ship? Just look at Shrader's experience with his container to see how things are likely to go. That machine will end up broken or stolen before it even hits Zambian soil.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dueling missionaries?

Happily, fundie-dom itself has given us some images to go with this idea. Choose your hysterical -- er, historical -- era, folks:

https://vimeo.com/11289450

[bBvideo 560,340:3az58eu7]

[/bBvideo]

Dueling missionaries?

Happily, fundie-dom itself has given us some images to go with this idea. Choose your hysterical -- er, historical -- era, folks:

https://vimeo.com/11289450

[bBvideo 560,340:2nj18zh5]

[/bBvideo]

Oh man, is the video (I cannot play it due to work) where Dougie narrates in a ridiculous olde English accent?

Oh man, is the video (I cannot play it due to work) where Dougie narrates in a ridiculous olde English accent?

It is, by jove!

It is, by jove!

Ah, so we can develop a set-- His olde English and John's English with the heavy Zambian Accent.

Instead of a Ministry of Silly Walks, we could have the Ministries of Silly Talk collection.

OMG, how is it I've never seen that video before? The pointy shoes! The warehouse backdrop! The innuendo-laden narration!

But especially the warehouse. They couldn't have the relative dignity of filming it in an open field, say—no, they just had to shoot it among the pallets and shelves of inventory. Dougie, Dougie, Dougie. Forever a tool.

Where did Daddy say John Boy wanted a bible case? I didn't see it on FB.

It is in March 18th post with the little girl holding an umbrella.

I drove into Houston, got it and was able to include it along with a piece of plexiglass for John to cover a large Bible Display Case he wants to build

John is full of grandiose ideas:

Plane, printing press, bible display case

But what has he actually done? Hasn't flown. Hasn't printed. Hasn't converted more than 1 person.

His dad really is his enabler. He'd be home already without Daddy.

John is full of grandiose ideas:

Plane, printing press, bible display case

But what has he actually done? Hasn't flown. Hasn't printed. Hasn't converted more than 1 person.

His dad really is his enabler. He'd be home already without Daddy.

I think that the Remittance Man concept someone else mentioned is by far the best explanation. Because, even if they were on Deputation (sp) explaining to your congregation that he and his umpty nine kids and frequently pregnant wife were living in a pop up trailer had to be hard, after having had to say "No, he's not working for the car lot/window washing company/that church any longer.

Yes salex I agree, Daddy Shrader can be proud of John as a missionary in Zambia but as an unemployed man with many kids he's an embarrassment in the US. It's a mutually beneficial relationship (for father and son) that his church is funding.

Awful news...Sarah Shrader Waller passed away last night, just saw it on Rick's FB page. As much as I dislike John I don't wish this on him.

Awful news...Sarah Shrader Waller passed away last night, just saw it on Rick's FB page. As much as I dislike John I don't wish this on him.

I agree. I suspect the trip home was specifically for him to see her one last time, under cover of Church Doings.

She was very young and it is sad for her entire family.

I am so sorry to hear this :( Im thinking of their family at this sad time, especially her poor child :(

This is very sad. :cry: I'm glad she got to have her wish of being home with her daughter before she died.

My heart goes out to the family, Sarah was way too young, to die.

How awful. No words other than my heart goes out to them.

So terribly sad. She seems to have fought so hard, and was so brave in facing down her cancer.

My heart goes out to their whole family. It is dreadfully unfair to lose any family member this way, let alone one so young.

I am very sorry to hear this. My condolences to the Waller and Shrader families, especially her young daughter. She fought so hard.

Archived