IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

God, what a shitty week in fundiedom—Jill Rodrigues' sister's accident, then this. Horrid things nobody should have to endure. :cry:

May the bad things come in twos and not threes.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike John and Rick anymore. Rick posted the gist of what happened and the funeral info. He then asks people in lieu of flowers send something to John in Sarah's memory. Ugh!

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike John and Rick anymore. Rick posted the gist of what happened and the funeral info. He then asks people in lieu of flowers send something to John in Sarah's memory. Ugh!

That is disgusting. Did Sarah even agree with John's beliefs, cause the rest of the family are not fundie.

Rick has at least five kids (including Sarah), and he shouldn't make Sarah's death benefit John and not let the brothers get anything. I can understand saying to donate to a charity instead (especially one that the deceased supported in life, or one that relates to their cause of death), but saying "instead of flowers, give money to my favourite kid" is just wrong. Especially when John is a religious extremist and it seems that most of the family are not like that.

Unless there's something far beyond the obvious, that is hideous. No, just no. I hope people see through it and send flowers or someone sets up a fund for Sarah's family.

What a fucking asshat!

People have the right to ask for donations in lieu of flowers, but generally it is to a charity or an organization - perhaps a place that researches pancreatic cancer, the horrific disease that took this beautiful lady's life far too soon.

I CANNOT believe they are not requesting donations be sent to Sarah's daughter. That poor little baby. How old is she? Will she have anything but fuzzy memories of her mommy?

If John Shrader was anything but a conniving, spineless grifter he would tell his father how inappropriate and awful this is, but he will not. He will gladly take any donations and waste them.

I am so pissed off right now, I cannot see straight.

Rick Shrader, go fuck yourself with a rusty, grifted airplane. You should be ashamed of yourself. Using your daughter's tragic death to benefit your lazy, good-for-nothing fake missionary of a son. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I'm pretty sure Sarah was married and has a small child (a girl about 2-3 by now). I would think Sarah's immediate family could use any donations at this time to pay for the myriad expenses that they no doubt have, from medical to funeral to daycare to God knows what.

Fuck you Rick for making the death of your daughter about your deadbeat son! And fuck you John for letting him.

It was pancreatic cancer? I couldn't remember. Damn. My cousin's fiance was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, Stage 4; it's also in her liver. They have a 7 year old boy. I sent them some money, because their medical bills are already through the roof.

Now I'm angrier than I was before. :evil:

It was pancreatic cancer? I couldn't remember. Damn. My cousin's fiance was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, Stage 4; it's also in her liver. They have a 7 year old boy. I sent them some money, because their medical bills are already through the roof.

Now I'm angrier than I was before. :evil:

I am pretty sure Sarah's was also stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

I am so sorry about your cousin's fiance.

I am pretty sure Sarah's was also stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

I am so sorry about your cousin's fiance.

Thanks. I don't know her that well, but I grew up with my cousin so I'm very upset for him. They've been together about a decade now. She's only 31, too. :(

So sorry about your cousin's fiance. Pancreatic cancer is awful.

That is disgusting about John. It would be far more appropriate to set up a fund for her daughter.

Wow, John seems to have learned his grifting ways from Daddy. Most people would have set up an education fund or "child care" fund for her husband and child. (Note there is ONE Sentence about her husband in Rick's description of events.. sort of an aside)

I noted when John is describing his childhood memory of his sister, he tells us it happened

"when I was ten, the same year I surrendered to full time ministry."

:shifty:

Here's that section of Rick's post:

Some have ask about flowers. There will probably be more than enough.

She so loved her big brother John,

Misdionary to Zambia. He got to be home last month to talk, pray and play the piano for her.

She wanted so much to help the Shraders and their nine children.

She once ask John, "do the children realize they could die of disease." John told her what Agape had just said. She is five.

She prayed for Aunt Sarah everyday. "Mommy, if i were to die first in Africa? would you promise me to pray for Aunt Sarah everyday.?" Thank you that support them monthly, and if you want to send something in Sarah's memory, this is the address.

It sounds like Sarah was more concerned about the Shrader children's health and well-being than John was.

That is awful :( No five year old should be thinking of the idea that they would die before their aunt with cancer.

Here's that section of Rick's post:

It sounds like Sarah was more concerned about the Shrader children's health and well-being than John was.

I took some anti-nausea meds and logged in under my headship's FB account to read Rick Shrader's page (I don't have a FB account of my own). I realize that it is just a FB post and not an official obituary, but couldn't he have just spoken about Sarah and her life? Instead, half of it is about her brother, Grift.

And I just love how he flippantly says "there will probably be enough flowers". Um, fucknut, who gets to determine if there are "enough" flowers? If someone wants to send flowers, why can't they? Perhaps it will provide them some comfort.

I wonder if Sarah was closer to John than her other brothers. I recall a post a couple of years ago that we discussed, where Griftman was whining about some obscure back pain on FB and Sarah offered him some super strong painkillers she was on. And it is apparent that she loved his children and worried about them.

Obviously, Grandpa Shrader isn't all that worried about the loved ones that Sarah left behind. He speaks more of John's children and John himself than of Sarah's husband and daughter. I hope someone calls him out on it, but most commenters appear to be his followers. I hope John receives nothing, and people wise up and donate to Sarah's daughter instead.

Sorry for all the ranting. I just cannot believe that these Shrader idiots can stoop so low.

No five year old child should worry about dying because their selfish father put their lives at risk. :cry: John is a horrible monster.

No five year old child should worry about dying because their selfish father put their lives at risk. :cry: John is a horrible monster.

The fact that the children were aware of the dangers they were going to be exposed to is evidence that someone (probably their parents) made it clear to them that Africa was an unknown, uninhabited, dangerous mission field where they were bravely headed to convert souls and not all them would make it out alive.

Yeah, that has John written all over it.

Whatever memorial money is given to Team Zambia I hope it goes to the care of Esther and the kids and not a fucking toy for John Boy.

U

Whatever memorial money is given to Team Zambia I hope it goes to the care of Esther and the kids and not a fucking toy for John Boy.

What was John's latest "need"? Whatever it is, I guarantee you that in his next newsletter he will be thanking god for the way he works in allowing his "precious" need be met and blah, blah, blah maybe something about his sister Sarah, probably nothing about the husband and daughter she left behind, nothing about his own wife and children, and most certainly nothing about the zero souls he has managed to convert.

Sarah is out of pain now. I hope and pray that her husbands family are able to look after her daughters future. It would appear that Shrader senior is no better than his son.

Surely he can't be serious about sending money toJohn instead of looking after Sarah's daughter?

If this is true then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I'm sorry, but if Sarah didn't want flowers and never specified a charity, everyone should be donating to cancer research and care OR Sarah's kids. NOT JOHN!!!!!!! :angry-screaming:

I should be angry about this, but it just makes me very sad. Nobody should give John anything. What a self-centred moron. That enabling dad of his needs his head checking as well as anybody who donates to John.

I don't know why I'm still shocked at how selfish, inconsiderate, and unfeeling people like John can be. He shouldn't even be a blip on people's radars at this moment, except as a (supposedly) grieving brother. The real people in need of people's generosity, help, and compassion are his sister's husband and daughter. The fact that anybody would turn this into a grifting opportunity is disgusting.

I don't know why I'm still shocked at how selfish, inconsiderate, and unfeeling people like John can be. He shouldn't even be a blip on people's radars at this moment, except as a (supposedly) grieving brother. The real people in need of people's generosity, help, and compassion are his sister's husband and daughter. The fact that anybody would turn this into a grifting opportunity is disgusting.

the expression "He'd steal the pennies from a dead man's eyes" had to come from somewhere. This is an example.

Is John's FB private? Anyone friends with him? I am curious to see if he has mentioned anything regarding his sister. He is not obligated to, and I would not fault him for keeping silent. I have no doubt he loved his sister, and it must have been heartbreaking to see her suffer and watch her life be cut short by such an awful disease.

That being said, the snarky part of me wants to know how he has made Sarah's passing all about himself and his grifting.

Archived