IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

I find it hard to believe Christine, who can't accept anything, would actually agree to this. Why would he marry Robyn? I'd be pissed!

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meri has been tweeting like nothing ever happened. Posts pictures of the plyglets, wishes Kody a happy birthday to Kody , an awesome husband and father. Love you! ...something like that. Makes references to other sister wives like nothing is changed. Wonder what that means?

Sorry if it's well known but I've just read that Kody divorced Meri and has married Robyn!

How do Janelle and Christine fell that they were not good enough to be legally married to?

Why legally marry the fourth wife but not wives two and three?

Apologies if this is already well known

Interesting. I'm sure it's some kind of legal thing and not an actual break-up, but that's got to be pretty hard for all the wives other than Robyn.

We were just talking about it in the Kody thread. Very interesting news. I also wonder how Christine, especially, feels.

This news got me to thinking about their real estate situation. If they wanted to sell one of the homes, let's say Meri's house, does it have to be disclosed to a potential buyer that there is a polygamist family living in the other homes on the cul-de-sac? Who would buy a home under those circumstances? Seems to me that selling just one would be problematic. Selling all of them at the same time would also be exceedingly difficult.

I wonder if it has something to do with Robyn's first 3 kids. Maybe she is trying to get her EX to sign away his parental rights so Cody can adopt them. She's very manipulative. :shifty-kitty:

So on the Sister Wive's Facebook fan page someone posted that Kody and Meri officially divorced back in August of 2014 and that he married Robyn in December of 2014, but they haven't announced it to the public yet. What on earth would ever get Meri to lose her legal wife status to Robyn? Very strange.

I was wondering if Robyn was about to loose her house (we know she had debt issues)- so Kody needed to marry her so he could be on her mortgage?

I was wondering if Robyn was about to loose her house (we know she had debt issues)- so Kody needed to marry her so he could be on her mortgage?

But you don't have to be married to cosign a mortgage, do you?

Maybe somehow marrying Kody helps her with her credit, or would help her avoid bankruptcy or something similar? Honestly, I have all of these vague ideas for why they could have done this, but none of them really have me feeling convinced.

Personally I'm guessing it has something to do with custody of Robyn's kids. Someone else suggested it might give Mariah better financial aid if her primary parent is a single mother. (and Robyn has kids who are not in college).

Regardless, I think it must be upsetting for original wives, especially Meri.

I wonder if it has something to do with Robyn's first 3 kids. Maybe she is trying to get her EX to sign away his parental rights so Cody can adopt them. She's very manipulative. :shifty-kitty:

http://www.examiner.com/article/sister- ... ried-robyn

I found this article this morning and came straight here to talk about it. LOL

This is my thought exactly. I think Robyn wants Kody to be their legal dad. Lots of reasons this makes sense, especially financial.

I wish Janelle and Christine would just bring up the courage to leave KtI together. He's clearly totally into Robyn and he's got strong bonds with Meri, but he seems to have lost interest in Janelle and he's SO disrespectful towards Christine, it hurts. Janelle has Kody's respect at least because she's so composed but he totally despises Christine. She knows it, she feels it and it makes her so insecure and feel so little which always shows on the show. She's trying to compensate it by justifying herself. If she stepped up and just stopped justifying herself and not let him hurt her she could only win.

I'm so sorry for both J and C. Then again, they chose this lifestyle and are free to leave but don't. Maybe I don't feel so sorry after all...:?:

I'm shocked that Meri would consent to a divorce for ANY reason! I'm guessing it has to do with custody too, because I can't think of anything else that makes sense, since Robin would benefit more as a single mom with 4 dependents financially speaking, right?

Looks like there's an episode all about Sobbin' Robin and her issues on Sunday, so we'll probably get the scoop then.

There must be a convenient (financial) reason for it? Maybe because Meri has no minor children now - could there be a tax benefit somehow for Robyn and Kody being together vs. Meri? Or something with their business if it was under Robyn's name? Anyone with any professional experience in this field have any ideas?

Very interesting...I guess it is possible they really split up, but I still doubt it.

Meri seems to've had an attorney -- would she have needed an attorney if it were simply a maneuver? Don't you generally get an attorney to protect your rights/finances/whatever? Otherwise, I'd think it would have largely been just a clerical thing.

I don't think it would help her with custody. She's still involved in polygamy. It seems like her ex hasn't tried to go after her during the last several years. And I doubt he would let Kody adopt them at this point in the game. I guess the only thing that would let meri agree to divorce would be to help her only child Mariah, especially since she wants to go to medical school (that's her, right?). Janelle probably doesn't care but I'm still stuck on Christine. But I guess she has college age kids too and doesn't need that financial aid barrier. The whole thing is pretty creepy.

This news got me to thinking about their real estate situation. If they wanted to sell one of the homes, let's say Meri's house, does it have to be disclosed to a potential buyer that there is a polygamist family living in the other homes on the cul-de-sac? Who would buy a home under those circumstances? Seems to me that selling just one would be problematic. Selling all of them at the same time would also be exceedingly difficult.

Good Lord, I would hope not ! :pink-shock: That would be pretty awful if somehow people considering buying a home were somehow entitled to know the specific lifestyle, religion, demographics of their prospective neighbors

Good Lord, I would hope not ! :pink-shock: That would be pretty awful if somehow people considering buying a home were somehow entitled to know the specific lifestyle, religion, demographics of their prospective neighbors

It doesn't HAVE to be disclosed, I'm sure, but it would be pretty shitty for them not to tell a potential buyer that they were moving in to their own personal polygamist commune. Not exactly a great start for your relationship with your neighbors.

I think, if they sell eventually, they'd sell them all together, or at least put 2 on the market at a time.

I don't think it would help her with custody. She's still involved in polygamy. It seems like her ex hasn't tried to go after her during the last several years. And I doubt he would let Kody adopt them at this point in the game. I guess the only thing that would let meri agree to divorce would be to help her only child Mariah, especially since she wants to go to medical school (that's her, right?). Janelle probably doesn't care but I'm still stuck on Christine. But I guess she has college age kids too and doesn't need that financial aid barrier. The whole thing is pretty creepy.

He is from a polygamist family, too. I doubt he cares about that part. I read here or somewhere else that Da-yun has had surgeries? Seems like the worst thing she could do is get married if he has health problems. They also don't have to be married for a second parent adoption if David Sr. gave up his rights. Nevada recognizes second parent adoption, so KTI would just need to adopt.

The lawyer thing is weird, too. I have not looked at the docs closely. Were they represented separately or did a lawyer just draw up the papers? A single lawyer can facilitate an amicable split.

I think that the divorce of Meri and the marriage to Robin is just a polygamist scam. Even if Kody and Robyn are legally married, Kody is still just the step father of her kids except for Solomon. A more likely explanation is that money is involved, as in Mariah ' s tuition will be less if her mother is classified as a single mother. This move could also be used to shore up some of Robyn's debt. The Browns had better have a good explanation for this because it seems to me like they're "bleeding the beast" just like the other Mormon fundamentalists.

It doesn't HAVE to be disclosed, I'm sure, but it would be pretty shitty for them not to tell a potential buyer that they were moving in to their own personal polygamist commune. Not exactly a great start for your relationship with your neighbors.

I think, if they sell eventually, they'd sell them all together, or at least put 2 on the market at a time.

I don't know about disclosing people's polygamous relationships, but I'd definitely want to know if a neighbor was actively filming a reality show. The traffic, noise, congestion and people could make living there a nightmare for those not involved.

Archived