IGNORED

Robert or Steve Maxwell?

Grimalkin

Every time I start thinking this way, Koala very kindly shows up with Ken quotes to remind me that Ken is pretty awful on his own. :D

true, but that's what he spews now, after the whole crazy debacle with lori's manipulative, cold, unloving, bitchy ass. if he'd actually had a nice, loving, caring wife, he might not espouse such things. but since he has to put up with lori, he's resorted to the crazy, cuz why not.

i actually wonder how exactly they met and married. what made them decide, "yep, this is the one, this is the human i want to be with for this lifetime." i almost wonder if lori's crazy manifested later, after they were well into the marriage, and drove them both insanely miserable and miserably insane.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true, but that's what he spews now, after the whole crazy debacle with lori's manipulative, cold, unloving, bitchy ass. if he'd actually had a nice, loving, caring wife, he might not espouse such things. but since he has to put up with lori, he's resorted to the crazy, cuz why not.

i actually wonder how exactly they met and married. what made them decide, "yep, this is the one, this is the human i want to be with for this lifetime." i almost wonder if lori's crazy manifested later, after they were well into the marriage, and drove them both insanely miserable and miserably insane.

I am not saying he would be a wonderful man or anything, but perhaps a bit more tolerable. Maybe even nice.

I am not saying he would be a wonderful man or anything, but perhaps a bit more tolerable. Maybe even nice.

I do think that both of them would be much more tolerable had they married good, decent people who encouraged them to also be good and decent.

oh definitely. it wouldn't be a total, night and day difference. but i think he wouldn't be as extreme in his beliefs.

He lives out where God lost his shoes and never found them.

This expression is so charming! I love it.

Like you guys, I'd probably M Steve Maxwell. There are no small children in the house I'd have to watch him blanket train. And unlike Teri, I don't have debilitating depression and several decades of brainwashing and gaslighting behind me. What could he possibly do if I said, "You know what? No. I'm not going to stick to your facist schedule, I'm not going to have bible time at ass o'clock in the morning, I'm not going to eat your bean goop and if you think I'm going to put your toothpaste on your toothbrush for you, you are dreaming." He couldn't make me. He'd be flabbergasted though. I don't think he's heard the word no in years, except from heroine Liz Munck.

Of course, I'd probably be excommunicated from the family cult within the week, but that's cool. I don't think I'd mind.

oh definitely. it wouldn't be a total, night and day difference. but i think he wouldn't be as extreme in his beliefs.

How about saying he would be less horrible.

This expression is so charming! I love it.

Like you guys, I'd probably M Steve Maxwell. There are no small children in the house I'd have to watch him blanket train. And unlike Teri, I don't have debilitating depression and several decades of brainwashing and gaslighting behind me. What could he possibly do if I said, "You know what? No. I'm not going to stick to your facist schedule, I'm not going to have bible time at ass o'clock in the morning, I'm not going to eat your bean goop and if you think I'm going to put your toothpaste on your toothbrush for you, you are dreaming." He couldn't make me. He'd be flabbergasted though. I don't think he's heard the word no in years, except from heroine Liz Munck.

Of course, I'd probably be excommunicated from the family cult within the week, but that's cool. I don't think I'd mind.

Thank you VoudooDoll! I like using that expression because it reminds me of a lady we called "Hugging Jean" she was an older woman I knew who was kind to me, during a rough time and always cheerful.She passed away a few years ago.

Are you strongly against swearing? I am careful not to swear much IRL but think I would use the foulest language I can think of if I had to spend any amount of time with the Maxwells. I must be simple minded because I giggle at the thought of spewing "Motherfuckers!" At Steve. I don't know if anyone was a fan of "DeadWood" it actually was a brilliant show but the language would make even my foul mouthed mother in law blush. I would just act like Calamity Jane from the show. Drunk and foul mouthed. HEE.

I don't mind swearing when it's warranted. I'd probably give the girls the day off, put on shorts and a tank top, turn on some dumb catchy pop music, and sun myself with a book in the Maxwell backyard. That's so many sins at once: worldly music, lazy novel reading, defrauding clothes.... A highlight would be, if Christopher came by, I'd offer him a beer. Chris on a buzz would be highly entertaining.

Oh! And I'd take Sarah to get a library card. That poor woman desperately needs one.

My list would be

1. Gothard. As horrible as he is, he probably wouldn't be interested in me too much. Also, he is probably often gone from home. And I'd hopefully outlive him by decades.

2. Ken: as others said easily manipulated and gone often. And who knows, without such a crazy wife as Lori, he could even be somewhat bearable.

2. Steve Maxwell: doesn't strike me as the physically violent type, and well, he is already quite old.

3. PP: I mean, he wants to have me stoned for being a lesbian. But, to people he likes, he seems to be somewhat bearable. I mean, I don't think he is such a horrible husband to ZsuZsu for fundie standarts. He is busy with his "church work", seems to help out sometimes with the kids and she actually has quite a lot of freedom. Major minus points: his violent views about how to raise children and the fact that he is still young and strong.

4. Michael Pearl: I guess I would be able to keep him off me, and I would hopefully outlive him for decades.

5. Robert. Seriously, this man is certifiable. Worse than the others on this list. And that says everything.

Won't it be awesome when cavemen genetics finally go extinct? :lol:

This thread makes me want to use cuss words.

Equal rights, feminine, cooperative, peaceful, vegetarian, sustainable, live and let live. (Patriarchy cuss words) :romance-grouphug:

oh and this is the ad i keep getting when i read here. :laughing-rolling:

post-10046-14451999863706_thumb.jpg

Steve: I think I would stand a better chance of not being murdered in my sleep. I get the feeling that Steve would give the silent treatment rather than use his fist.

Who is Robert? Does anyone know where on this site I can find a quick summary or something? Thanks!

"quick summary" and "Robert" does not compute :lol:

try searching threads for "Cabinetman"

remember to take extra water and some warm socks, and call if you need rescue ferrets!

"quick summary" and "Robert" does not compute :lol:

try searching threads for "Cabinetman"

remember to take extra water and some warm socks, and call if you need rescue ferrets!

:lol:

Funny-- I saw this post and tried for several minutes to think of a way to summarize Robert. Eventually I gave up. :P

Mee - He started as a commenter on some fundie women's blogs, including Lori. He and Ken developed a bromance that lead to Robert starting his own blog. For awhile, he allowed dissent and commenters from FJ. He posted tame MRA stuff and generally tried to be offensive for the attention it got him. Then he claimed FJ members had threatened him (but this is 100% not true) and he pretended to move to Alaska and shut down his blog. A couple months later he reopened his blog and was posting really out there stuff and appeared to have jumped the shark. Then one day recently he made his blog private claiming threats from FJ again.

I do think that both of them would be much more tolerable had they married good, decent people who encouraged them to also be good and decent.

I feel like Lori would emotionally destroy any person who she married. She loves no one but herself. The best thing for her would have been if Ken dumped her ass a long time ago. I think Ken had the potential to be a better person. I think he was always selfish, but with a non-Lori wife he would have had the chance to learn to be a nicer person. Lori helped turn him into the worst version of himself. He is a monster now, but I don't think he always was. Lori, I think always was a self-absorbed person who lacked empathy and the ability to love.

Archived