IGNORED

Chris Maxwell photography California weddings

WonderingInWA

Google "papa pilgrim"

I heard of Papa Pilgrim, didn't know the Buckhales were his kids as I never made the connection. He passed away while in prison I think.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Papa was a Hale, his kids were taken in by the buckinghams after his arrest and several of them married each other. Also there's this for anyone interested.

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10469

And this is a detailed article of how the girls escaped

adn.com/article/20130712/after-hellish-abuse-hale-daughter-fled-heaven

And a Wikipedia article:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Allen_Hale

What an awful story. Am I the only one who feels surprise that the Maxwells have a connection to this family??

I remember this story. I wonder how they ended up in California?

The Stevens' family blog mentions the girls going for a visit to Alaska early 2014, I think. ( I guess if your dating/courting pool is limited to a subset of believers numbering in the low thousands or fewer, you have to visit out of state to start the courting process.)

Lucky bastard -- Hale only spent 8 months in prison until he died of poor health. Wow.

I don't remember this story at all and I live in WA so usually this would be considered "local" news for us.

If 2014 has shown us anything about Maxhell, it's that there's a whole lot that happens in Stevehovah-land that never gets reported in their carefully edited and sanitized blog posts. It's no different than the cars, clothing, and cans of Coke so strategically used in movies and television - the world sees only what Stevie wants it to see, because product placement.

Yesity yes yes. I wonder if all the speculation turns Steve on? If not, there is a simple way to (mostly) prevent it. That would be your good ol' honesty. I am sure he has heard of honesty, don't Christians have a monopoly on it or something? Dreaded non-god fearing people couldn't possibly be honest. :roll:

I spent a while on the Stevens' blog. Am I completely off base or are there three Stevens/Townsend pairings? And then two Buck/Hale pairings?

I spent a while on the Stevens' blog. Am I completely off base or are there three Stevens/Townsend pairings? And then two Buck/Hale pairings?

Wow!! Sounds like the Morton family where a few of them married a few from another family.

And a Wikipedia article:

What an awful story. Am I the only one who feels surprise that the Maxwells have a connection to this family??

You'd think this story would make families like the Maxwells understand the dangers of isolating (they'd say "sheltering") your kids, and the dangers of patriarchy.

My eyes! My eyes! Those blue bridesmaids dresses..Were they going for a Mary Todd Lincoln meets Laura Wilder look? I now need an antacid and vodka.

Yes, those were really ugly bridesmaids dresses. The little girls in the Laura Ingalls Wilder dresses and bonnets were cute, though.

And a Wikipedia article:

What an awful story. Am I the only one who feels surprise that the Maxwells have a connection to this family?

No, you're not. I wonder if the Maxwell reversals (plus Sarah) know the whole story behind the BuckHales. Isn't it dangerous for them to realize what extreme sheltering and father worshiping may at their worst lead to? I simply cannot believe the sheltered reversals know how to relate to such abuse and extreme isolation. With their extremely limited life experience, what would they ask or say? Oh, but I totally forgot: these people are great conversationalists!

By the way, it seems that Jonny (from Jonny & Jenny whose wedding was photographed by Chris back in May) is a Buckingham and a brother to James of the recent double wedding. You can see James as one of Jonny's groomsmen, and there's Moses too in the J&J wedding photos. These people - the BuckHales, the Stevenses, the Townsends - are so intertwined that I only half-jokingly await a Morton kid marry one of them!

Every once in a while I've been thinking of Israel Hale (the sixth Hale kid) and what he is up to these days. He lost both his legs in a horrible accident over two years ago. His wife seemed to be very religious, too, always wearing head covering. Too bad they don't update this site anymore:

http://friendsofisraelhale.com/

Israel and Cori seemed to be generally nice and kind people and I wish they can get over Israel's disability and build a good life for themselves after all the tragedies.

I wonder who the grandkids of these extended clans are going to end up marrying. It's going to get weird when they all grow up, having only been exposed to their double cousins.

I wonder who the grandkids of these extended clans are going to end up marrying. It's going to get weird when they all grow up, having only been exposed to their double cousins.

Interesting observation!!

I'm always amazed at Christopher's ability to make the youngest, freshest, dewiest of brides look weary, sallow, and unattractive. I mean, that takes special talent.

Seriously. Soft focus and flattering lighting go a long way, particularly when the subjects aren't wearing make-up.

I'm so confused about the logistics of the two weddings in one day. Did the guests have to go to both? Surely the brides had mutual friends, being sisters and all. I can't imagine having to get into two bridesmaid dresses on one day. Particularly when the blue ones weren't even attractive in a historical recreation way. But the little girls in the bonnets and calico were freakin' adorable, because that's how I roll.

I'm always amazed at Christopher's ability to make the youngest, freshest, dewiest of brides look weary, sallow, and unattractive. I mean, that takes special talent.

Seriously. Soft focus and flattering lighting go a long way, particularly when the subjects aren't wearing make-up.

I'm so confused about the logistics of the two weddings in one day. Did the guests have to go to both? Surely the brides had mutual friends, being sisters and all. I can't imagine having to get into two bridesmaid dresses on one day. Particularly when the blue ones weren't even attractive in a historical recreation way. But the little girls in the bonnets and calico were freakin' adorable, because that's how I roll.

Being Friends of Steve , I am sure their siblings are their Best Friends , so a double wedding actually has everyone they know/are related to in one big pile of confusion and sads.

All of this. I have very limited photography skills, but I swear that the casual shots I take with my phone are better than his. He can make the traditional pic of the bride's gown on a hanger look like a death shroud.

Are these folks paying hundreds of bucks for third-rate snapshots simply because the "photographer" is Christian[tm][/tm]?

All of this. I have very limited photography skills, but I swear that the casual shots I take with my phone are better than his. He can make the traditional pic of the bride's gown on a hanger look like a death shroud.

Are these folks paying hundreds of bucks for third-rate snapshots simply because the "photographer" is Christian[tm][/tm]?

Ding. Ding. Ding. You win a prize. Slap the word Christian on anything and other Christians will swarm.

How do you think all these fundies make a living while not actually going to work?

Yes.

To be fair, in Maxhell everything is about death. He might genuinely be going for that effect.

No, you're not. I wonder if the Maxwell reversals (plus Sarah) know the whole story behind the BuckHales. Isn't it dangerous for them to realize what extreme sheltering and father worshiping may at their worst lead to? I simply cannot believe the sheltered reversals know how to relate to such abuse and extreme isolation. With their extremely limited life experience, what would they ask or say? Oh, but I totally forgot: these people are great conversationalists!

By the way, it seems that Jonny (from Jonny & Jenny whose wedding was photographed by Chris back in May) is a Buckingham and a brother to James of the recent double wedding. You can see James as one of Jonny's groomsmen, and there's Moses too in the J&J wedding photos. These people - the BuckHales, the Stevenses, the Townsends - are so intertwined that I only half-jokingly await a Morton kid marry one of them!

Every once in a while I've been thinking of Israel Hale (the sixth Hale kid) and what he is up to these days. He lost both his legs in a horrible accident over two years ago. His wife seemed to be very religious, too, always wearing head covering. Too bad they don't update this site anymore:

http://friendsofisraelhale.com/

Israel and Cori seemed to be generally nice and kind people and I wish they can get over Israel's disability and build a good life for themselves after all the tragedies.

Holy crap those photos are terrible! What kind of photographer would arrange those poses? And then put up photos where people are slouching or have their eyes closed? Are the bride and groom both about 16 or is he just picking awkward shots where it looks that way? :think:

My cat took better pictures, when he stepped on the camera (I left it on the bed).

Those weddings confused me. And it looks like the siblings did not attend the other wedding.

Check out the picture of the straw hats in Rebecca's wedding. He did not move the Rubbermaid bin. It could have actually been a nice shot but the bin is visible.

I think it's not so much the Christopher is a lousy photographer but it's more like Sarah's writing. He has no experience or training. He was just given a camera and told he was a photographer. He may have had an interest but he never went to school, never traveled to learn, never studied other photographers or great works of photography. He is just as limited by Steve as Sarah. I doubt he even looks at coffee table books :(

Archived