IGNORED

Baby Dilly

Duggor

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess J'Chelle thinks another preemie storyline will up the ratings.

Sadly, I can almost see Michelle thinking that way. As a 3 time NICU mom, I can't imagine wishing that hell on anyone. She seemed to almost get a sick thrill from the attention. Oh, and while I am on the subject, it absolutely infuriated me when they let all those kids and camera crew into the NICU to see Josie. I don't care how much they risk their own little miracle but they put every baby there at risk. Someone at that hospital should have been severely reprimanded for allowing that insane circus.

I'm blown away that so many people are interpreting it like that. I'd be celebrating when my baby reached viability too - especially if I knew from first hand experience what having a micro preemie was like!

I've heard the medical community is now at odds about inducing except in cases of medical emergencies now. Some of them still say "40 weeks and you're done," but a lot of them (and a lot of research) says that it can cause a lot of problems (particularly, inducing raises the risk of emergency c-sections).

Most of the doctors my past employers and my friends have used havent wanted to induce until after 42 weeks (40 with twins) unless there was a real need to. And, those same doctors are also not rushing to c-sections if they can safely avoid it.

My grandmother wasn't induced (this was back in the 60's, I believe), and iirc, she carried until nearly a month after due and the baby died in utero. She was so distraught that she couldn't handle suing the doctor, which she should have. I know doctors are trying to scale back, but inducing a pregnant woman can save the baby's life. It definitely has its purpose.

My mom said that I was a scheduled c-sect baby. It was time to take me out of the oven, but I was not done yet! :mrgreen: Makes me wonder if some of the issues I had as a baby and growing up could have been prevented had I been born at a natural time. For example, I was allergic to milk and had to be fed soy as a baby....

If you don't mind me asking, how far along was your mom with you? I had a scheduled c-section with my son for medical reasons, and he was born perfectly healthy (thankfully!!!) at 39 weeks and 2 days. :)

My grandmother wasn't induced (this was back in the 60's, I believe), and iirc, she carried until nearly a month after due and the baby died in utero. She was so distraught that she couldn't handle suing the doctor, which she should have. I know doctors are trying to scale back, but inducing a pregnant woman can save the baby's life. It definitely has its purpose.

The same exact thing happened to my Aunt in the late 70's! There are lots of people on my birth board, and other birth boards I've visited, that are dead set against inducing for ANY reason. Earlier today I shared the story of my Aunt, and the woman who wanted to go past 42 weeks said I scared her. I told her I didn't mean to, and I just wanted to show the importance of induction in certain circumstances. She still plans on going past 42 weeks. I know it's not my problem or baby, but that makes me so sad for what could happen. :(

Both of my kids were induced at 42 weeks.

Son had all of the symptoms of a post-term baby. He was very stressed when he was born and not breathing. He also had trouble regulating his body temperature and blood sugar. He's a fabulous 11 years old now... I thank G-d everyday for my Pediatrician and OB working together on him that morning.

Daughter was also post-term. She was a fatty. Lovely, round baby. No problems.

I was swollen, tired, and so ready to be done at that point. I developed Symphysis Pubis with each of them, so walking was very painful.

Both of my kids were induced at 42 weeks.

Son had all of the symptoms of a post-term baby. He was very stressed when he was born and not breathing. He also had trouble regulating his body temperature and blood sugar. He's a fabulous 11 years old now... I thank G-d everyday for my Pediatrician and OB working together on him that morning.

Daughter was also post-term. She was a fatty. Lovely, round baby. No problems.

I was swollen, tired, and so ready to be done at that point. I developed Symphysis Pubis with each of them, so walking was very painful.

My oldest (27) was due on 5/20 and I was unsuccessfully induced on 6/9....43 weeks. My daughter did not handle the induction and went into distress necessitating an emergency C/sec. As a long time Nicu nurse, I was OK with the plan. With my second, I was open for a Vbac, but at 42 weeks, was still PG with an unfavorable cervix. I went for the repeat section. Both my son and daughter were post term by looks and I had low fluid levels. They were also both posterior presentations.

My mom was induced for all of her pregnancies.

My daughter just had a baby- 42 weeks and nothing. Where she lives (so America) at that point you are given a section, no other choice is offered.

If not for induction and sections, I might still be pregnant some 28 years later. :lol:

The same exact thing happened to my Aunt in the late 70's! There are lots of people on my birth board, and other birth boards I've visited, that are dead set against inducing for ANY reason. Earlier today I shared the story of my Aunt, and the woman who wanted to go past 42 weeks said I scared her. I told her I didn't mean to, and I just wanted to show the importance of induction in certain circumstances. She still plans on going past 42 weeks. I know it's not my problem or baby, but that makes me so sad for what could happen. :(

I'm a post-term baby. My original due date was (equivalent to: fudging the actual dates) July 12 and I was born August 21. I'm my mom's smallest baby (probably had started to lose weight). The doctor decided that my mother was wrong about her LMP and set a new due date of early August, but that is still over 10 months of pregnancy. I am acquainted with someone a year older who was a 10 month pregnancy. He was a first child; I was a second.

I wasn't induced with my first but they used pitocin to speed things up. It was so painful, the whole birth was a nightmare (failed epidural, had a catheter and episiotomy and I tore, plus the pain). Second birth I went all natural at home at 42weeks 2 days. No complications, it was wonderful. I saw a reflexologist and then went into labor. I had also seen the backup ob during that time to check on the baby.

As for circumcision, I am certain Jill will circumcise but I bet she is around a lot of anti circ people in her home birth circles. I also find most midwives to be against them, even (actually especially) the Christian ones.

My mom was induced for all of her pregnancies.

My daughter just had a baby- 42 weeks and nothing. Where she lives (so America) at that point you are given a section, no other choice is offered

I think that might vary by state/hospital. I live in America, and while they induce at 42 weeks, you still have the option of vaginal birth unless something goes wrong/you don't respond to induction.

One of my close friends was induced at 42 weeks and delivered vaginally just a few years ago. My mother was induced with me past 42 weeks and I was delivered vaginally as well.

It could've that either your daughter's doctor or state has a rule regarding 42 week C sections, but that is definitely not the case everywhere.

I think that might vary by state/hospital. I live in America, and while they induce at 42 weeks, you still have the option of vaginal birth unless something goes wrong/you don't respond to induction.

One of my close friends was induced at 42 weeks and delivered vaginally just a few years ago. My mother was induced with me past 42 weeks and I was delivered vaginally as well.

It could've that either your daughter's doctor or state has a rule regarding 42 week C sections, but that is definitely not the case everywhere.

I think she was saying South America...like Brazil, Argentina, etc.

I hate to analyze a pregnant woman's belly, but man did that Christmas photo make her look like she is a lot further along then she is saying. The photo she put up yesterday she doesn't look as big in the belly. The Christmas photo made me think for sure she is having twins!

I'm not sure which thread I originally posted this in, but I know a woman who's due two months later (with one baby) than Jill, but who looks just as big!

I've heard the medical community is now at odds about inducing except in cases of medical emergencies now. Some of them still say "40 weeks and you're done," but a lot of them (and a lot of research) says that it can cause a lot of problems (particularly, inducing raises the risk of emergency c-sections).

Most of the doctors my past employers and my friends have used havent wanted to induce until after 42 weeks (40 with twins) unless there was a real need to. And, those same doctors are also not rushing to c-sections if they can safely avoid it.

Back in early 1996, when I was a precious 38 week old fetus, my mother's OB/GYN decided on a cesarean because I was literally ass first with my feet up by my head and he was afraid that if she went into labor, my hips would dislocate and stuff. Nowadays, I think they'd try to turn the fetus first instead of doing a cesarean, although it's said that cesareans are safer than childbirth (which I sort of don't understand since women have been having babies for how long now?).

I think it's nice that the Duggars do homebirths (and toilet births) but they kind of act like you're less of a person for having a hospital birth. Personally, I could never even want to have a homebirth or rely solely on a midwife for my prenatal care. I have Lupus and pregnancy is kinda dangerous, and like so many other people, my pregnancies will be considered high risk. I just wish they didn't act like homebirths are all rainbows and sunshine and perfect and godly. Besides, I was born to the sounds of hymns in an operating room. That's about as godly as childbirth is.

I hate to analyze a pregnant woman's belly, but man did that Christmas photo make her look like she is a lot further along then she is saying. The photo she put up yesterday she doesn't look as big in the belly. The Christmas photo made me think for sure she is having twins!

I thought the same thing. She's definitely big, but yesterday's 28-weeks-4-days photo made me think that's partly due to some of her less-than-fortunate choices of maternity clothes. Or maybe it's just the camera's point of view?

I am a 5 time scheduled 39/40 wk induction mom, and I LOVED my epidural and knowing what day my kids would be born. it's nice to have a plan.by the time I had jinger (#3), my Dr decided that #1 I do not produce the hormone that triggers labor, not once in my 5 pregnancies did my water break or I ever thought I was in labor. #2 my kids stopped growing in the oven at about 38 wks, IUGR they call it. Better on the outside world with a bottle in their mouths ha!

Baby Dilly honestly is the only one in charge, he will be the deciding factor of when and where and how he is born. Provided the DerrikDillardFamily removes their earmuffs and listen to reason if God forbid something isn't perfect for his arrival as they plan. You never really know.

My mom, in the 60's, was a full month past her due date when she had my sister, she was scheduled to be induced the next day. I ran a couple weeks past my due date with all my kids in the 80s. One, who was supposed to be a v-bac was induced at 10 days past my due-date.

I was actually shocked when my kids started having kids and induction seemed to be the norm instead of a rare exception. Particularly when they didn't even have a precise date. Very bizarre. The way people talked you would of thought women never went into labor before there were interventions.

Yes there are risks from carrying too long, there are also risks with induction. The baby I had who was induced almost died because of the induction. Induction, if the baby hasn't dropped down far enough, can cause a cord prolapse. Which is terrifying and can be fatal.

My mom, in the 60's, was a full month past her due date when she had my sister, she was scheduled to be induced the next day. I ran a couple weeks past my due date with all my kids in the 80s. One, who was supposed to be a v-bac was induced at 10 days past my due-date.

I was actually shocked when my kids started having kids and induction seemed to be the norm instead of a rare exception. Particularly when they didn't even have a precise date. Very bizarre. The way people talked you would of thought women never went into labor before there were interventions.

Yes there are risks from carrying too long, there are also risks with induction. The baby I had who was induced almost died because of the induction. Induction, if the baby hasn't dropped down far enough, can cause a cord prolapse. Which is terrifying and can be fatal.

I also think Due dates were a little "rougher" back then than they are now. Many of us chart (or have medical intervention) and know exact conception days. and pretty much EVERYONE gets ultrasounds which will date the pregnancy relatively accurately (when done in the first tri).

I also think Due dates were a little "rougher" back then than they are now. Many of us chart (or have medical intervention) and know exact conception days. and pretty much EVERYONE gets ultrasounds which will date the pregnancy relatively accurately (when done in the first tri).

Due dates were definitely more of an estimate back then. And I agree that there are definitely many more people who know with complete accuracy when they conceived. But I've seen this happen even in cases where the due date was a complete estimate. I have two relatives who's estimated dates were exactly that - complete estimates. One had multiple ultrasounds, but the size estimates on that were way off ( by 3 + lbs! ) the actual birth weight. The parents actually bought preemie size clothes because the Doctor kept insisting they would be lucky if the baby was 4 lbs. ---for their baby who turned out to be 7 and a half pounds. The other one had very irregular periods and no idea when she conceived, she was very young and didn't have her first ultrasound until the second trimester. The Doctors office insisted on getting an estimated date for her last period, and went from that for dates. Then absolutely insisted she be induced at 40 weeks, 6 days. Fortunately that went smoothly, it EASILY could have led to a premature baby, or complications if the induction didn't take.

I strongly think that I just ovulated very late in my cycles. Since they all went way past the due date. I had one scheduled c-section, with my last baby who was breech, on my due date. That baby was almost 2 lbs smaller than the babies that I went into labor with on my own.

The lovely Duggars just posted this on their facebook

Sweet picture of our Jill and her little one! At this point in gestation, there is now a 90% chance that he could survive outside the womb. Life is beautiful. We can't wait to meet this boy!

this irks me

isn't she like 6 months pregnant - do they want her to have a major premie

doesn't make sense at all - shouldn't baby Dilly cook all the way through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry-banghead:

Totally and completely normal after experiencing Josie's premature birth. I was counting down to viability and had no risk factors for prematurity other than carrying twins. After giving birth to them at 29 weeks, if I was going to do pregnancy again I would be even more obsessed with every day that baby was on the inside.

Yes. That is what happened to me. My firstborn did die. The idiot OB put me on Pitocin to get my labor started and then left the hospital to go see patients. The cord was compressed and all I had was a nurse who told me to push as hard as possible so we could get the baby out as soon as possible. By the time a staff doctor showed up for the emergency Caesarian it was too late.

Yes. That is what happened to me. My firstborn did die. The idiot OB put me on Pitocin to get my labor started and then left the hospital to go see patients. The cord was compressed and all I had was a nurse who told me to push as hard as possible so we could get the baby out as soon as possible. By the time a staff doctor showed up for the emergency Caesarian it was too late.

Weren't they monitoring the baby for decels??

Archived