IGNORED

Baby Dilly

Duggor

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she was 26 weeks?? I could be wrong though, but I'm sure Jill is past that, not that she is out of the woods entirely for that sort of thing.

I think she was 26 weeks?? I could be wrong though, but I'm sure Jill is past that, not that she is out of the woods entirely for that sort of thing.

wow

I had no idea three weeks would make such a difference - so Baby Dilly wouldn't be like Josie

maybe it is a pro life agenda they are spreading then

any earlier with Josie it could have been worse than it was then

yeah, the survival rate incraeses quite quickly from 24 to 30 weeks. not that it is guaranteed, they are still itty bitty things and it's scary. but she's getting there. I think 33 weeks is the next number to "hit"...then 38 is technically considered full term.

yeah, the survival rate incraeses quite quickly from 24 to 30 weeks. not that it is guaranteed, they are still itty bitty things and it's scary. but she's getting there. I think 33 weeks is the next number to "hit"...then 38 is technically considered full term.

I thought anything after 36 weeks was considered full term

MArch of Dimes changed it it.

Early term: Your baby is born between 37 weeks, 0 days and 38 weeks, 6 days.

Full term: Your baby is born between 39 weeks, 0 days and 40 weeks, 6 days.

Late term: Your baby is born between 41 weeks, 0 days and 41 weeks, 6 days.

Postterm: Your baby is born after 42 weeks, 0 days.

I was always told 38 weeks. I know when they finally delivered my second one it was at 36 weeks and they did an amnio first to check for lung function. So, he was considered slightly premature but no one would have known. He was almost 7 pounds and we left the hospital together the day after he was born. That was 15 years ago this month though, So they may have changed and call that full term now?

Oops, My phone and I are slow. Looks like they changed it and it's even later!

MArch of Dimes changed it it.

Early term: Your baby is born between 37 weeks, 0 days and 38 weeks, 6 days.

Full term: Your baby is born between 39 weeks, 0 days and 40 weeks, 6 days.

Late term: Your baby is born between 41 weeks, 0 days and 41 weeks, 6 days.

Postterm: Your baby is born after 42 weeks, 0 days.

I hate this. It's perfectly OK to carry a baby for 42 weeks...this makes it sound "bad."

I'm guessing it's half a pro life statement (see, it's already a person, even though pro lifers seem to forget late term abortions are done only in circumstances of fetal disabilities/threat to maternal health) and a little celebration that they're almost out of the woods when it comes to having a viable baby. I know my friend was excited to hit that point as well because she had two stillbirths at 19 and 20 weeks before she had her daughter. She found it reassuring to know that if anything happened, her baby would probably live, not that she wanted it to come early and be a preemie ofc course.

I'm pretty sure there are substantiated medical risks associated with carrying past 42 weeks. I'm all for trying to let your body handle things naturally but sometimes medical science needs to intervene for the safety of both mother and child... there's a reason infant mortality and death in childbirth is now a fraction of what it was even a century ago.

I thought doctors didn't like to wait much longer than 42 weeks? I don't remember at what point they like to induce.

My Dr induced me "early" at 39 weeks, but the due date turned out to be a little off. In my case she was concerned that my baby might defecate in the womb, and she wanted my baby out to avoid that. From my understanding, they typically don't induce before 39 weeks.

On the other hand, my best friend was induced at 30 weeks because her water broke prematurely. So I guess it depends... (Best friend's baby is a happy and healthy toddler now.)

You'd be hard pressed to find a doctor that would let you carry to 42 weeks. At the hospitals here, the OB/GYN generally induces around 40 weeks and 5 days if you're not showing signs of going into labor (such as effacing, dilating, etc.) Fetal viability starts around the 24th week, which is when your baby has a 50% chance at living outside of the womb. The earliest born fetus that survived past infancy was born at 21 and 6 days. You're not considered premature unless you're born before 37 weeks, and even then, that depends on how healthy the fetus is.

My Dr induced me "early" at 39 weeks, but the due date turned out to be a little off. In my case she was concerned that my baby might defecate in the womb, and she wanted my baby out to avoid that. From my understanding, they typically don't induce before 39 weeks.

On the other hand, my best friend was induced at 30 weeks because her water broke prematurely. So I guess it depends... (Best friend's baby is a happy and healthy toddler now.)

stupid question - but won't it continue to defecate like it always did ? or has something changed in the time that it is full term inside your womb

Also, the placenta starts to break down and get "old" after around 40 weeks (sometimes earlier depending on the mom), so that is why they put that "marker" at 42 weeks.

stupid question - but won't it continue to defecate like it always did ? or has something changed in the time that it is full term inside your womb

During the pregnancy the fetus eliminates waste through the umbilical cord. I guess there is a certain point in development where that switches and the fetus starts defecating. I'm not sure about the exact specifics, but I'm pretty sure it changes right around the time the fetus is supposed to be born. Maybe someone else can give a better answer.

The lovely Duggars just posted this on their facebook

Sweet picture of our Jill and her little one! At this point in gestation, there is now a 90% chance that he could survive outside the womb. Life is beautiful. We can't wait to meet this boy!

this irks me

isn't she like 6 months pregnant - do they want her to have a major premie

doesn't make sense at all - shouldn't baby Dilly cook all the way through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry-banghead:

It's like a warning from J'Chelle: "You need to know this because you will push out 19 precious babiez like myself and your uterus might want to check out early but then you get a super speshul snowflake anti choice miracle like Jozee."

During the pregnancy the fetus eliminates waste through the umbilical cord. I guess there is a certain point in development where that switches and the fetus starts defecating. I'm not sure about the exact specifics, but I'm pretty sure it changes right around the time the fetus is supposed to be born. Maybe someone else can give a better answer.

At some point it does switch to defecating the, um, "traditional" way. It usually happens after birth, IIRC, but if the pregnancy goes on too long it can happen in the womb. The first solid waste is black and tarry, and if the fetus breathes it in then the waste can suffocate the fetus and result in a stillborn.

My Dr reassured me that this is rare, but didn't want to take the chance. Good thing, too - my little one was a bona fide poop machine starting right away :lol:

I should add that I am not a doctor, so apologies if this is not entirely accurate. I'm just remembering what my doctor told me almost a decade ago (!) so I might be misremembering some of the details she told me. At any rate, my induction was medically necessary.

You'd be hard pressed to find a doctor that would let you carry to 42 weeks. At the hospitals here, the OB/GYN generally induces around 40 weeks and 5 days if you're not showing signs of going into labor (such as effacing, dilating, etc.) Fetal viability starts around the 24th week, which is when your baby has a 50% chance at living outside of the womb. The earliest born fetus that survived past infancy was born at 21 and 6 days. You're not considered premature unless you're born before 37 weeks, and even then, that depends on how healthy the fetus is.

I've heard the medical community is now at odds about inducing except in cases of medical emergencies now. Some of them still say "40 weeks and you're done," but a lot of them (and a lot of research) says that it can cause a lot of problems (particularly, inducing raises the risk of emergency c-sections).

Most of the doctors my past employers and my friends have used havent wanted to induce until after 42 weeks (40 with twins) unless there was a real need to. And, those same doctors are also not rushing to c-sections if they can safely avoid it.

The lovely Duggars just posted this on their facebook

Sweet picture of our Jill and her little one! At this point in gestation, there is now a 90% chance that he could survive outside the womb. Life is beautiful. We can't wait to meet this boy!

this irks me

isn't she like 6 months pregnant - do they want her to have a major premie

doesn't make sense at all - shouldn't baby Dilly cook all the way through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry-banghead:

I think it's Jim Bob and Michelle's way of pushing their political and religious agenda in the guise of congratulating their daughter on the impending birth of her first child.

I guess it would have been too much to ask that they simply congratulated Jill and left it at that. :roll:

I think it's Jim Bob and Michelle's way of pushing their political and religious agenda in the guise of congratulating their daughter on the impending birth of her first child.

I guess it would have been too much to ask that they simply congratulated Jill and left it at that. :roll:

I love what you said :D

but they act like no one has ever had a child before - much less they have three other grandchildren - after last season I do think Jill is the favorite of all the kids :D

I finally went to their page and looked at this pic. I was reading the comments and one kept going on and on about the Duggar's blessed and wonderful life. All of a sudden she says 'christians are the minority..' wtf? Really? As an atheist, I am clearly outnumbered by these minority Christians. Sometimes I wonder if they breed their leg humpers special. :cray-cray:

I hate this. It's perfectly OK to carry a baby for 42 weeks...this makes it sound "bad."

Agree, just stole it from the website.

My mom carried my brother to 41 weeks. I was 40 then my blood pressure was a little to high and close to Christmas so they induced.

Archived