IGNORED

Is robert fat? - Cabinetman

jerkit

I don't know. He seems to be saying so in his most recent post. But I still have no clue.

He's also using gay marriage and complementarianism for his lithmus test for orthodoxy, which I find tiresome and overdone.

Honestly, he's pretty yawn worthy the last few days.

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/faulty-testing/

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in a response to Lori in another post, he says he weighs 275 pounds. :think:

Well, in a response to Lori in another post, he says he weighs 275 pounds. :think:

Well that doesn't necessarily make you fat. It depends on how tall you are, how you carry the weight, etc.

In the picture/video, he looks overweight to me, but I wouldn't call him much outside the normal potbelly/beer gut that a lot of men get after a few years of marriage and *ahem* letting themselves go. He wasn't obese, IMO.

If I'd been shown the picture/video and not known who it was I would not have said anything about his looks. He just looked average to me.

Knowing the stuff he says and how he "grades" his wife, it's easier for me to care less about his feelers when it comes to his looks. funny that.

Well that doesn't necessarily make you fat. It depends on how tall you are, how you carry the weight, etc.

In the picture/video, he looks overweight to me, but I wouldn't call him much outside the normal potbelly/beer gut that a lot of men get after a few years of marriage and *ahem* letting themselves go. He wasn't obese, IMO.

If I'd been shown the picture/video and not known who it was I would not have said anything about his looks. He just looked average to me.

Knowing the stuff he says and how he "grades" his wife, it's easier for me to care less about his feelers when it comes to his looks. funny that.

I had gone back to try and edit my post to add basically the bolded, but couldn't get my laptop to cooperate (I'm out of town at a hotel at the moment--wonky wifi :? ). I do think it's interesting that he's mentioned his current weight in a comment, and brings up his weight again in another post. Whatever other people see when they look at him, I wonder how exactly he sees himself. I sense some insecurities there (something I can seriously relate to as I'm a good 45 pounds overweight myself :doh: ).

FYI, unless he's 7'5" or taller, he IS overweight. Hopefully I'm not being anti-American, but when I'm in the States, Americans seem to view as "normal" what other countries view as "chubby."

275 is not fat if you're 6'6" and work out. But in Robert's case, he's fat. I've known guys who were in that weight range who were definitely not fat. I've known others who were 6' and 200 and looked like porkers. I am a bit on the heavy side if you go strictly by height and weight, but if you go by body fat, I'm not.

So...it's a matter of how that weight is distributed.

3D5pBcT.jpg

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
As for the Robert in question, I wouldn't have thought anything, positive or negative about his looks if I didn't know who he was -- he's a person, he looks how he looks (can you tell I'm oblivious? :lol: ).

If someone in my life was Robert's size, and felt he wanted to lose some weight, I'd be supportive and try to be helpful. If he was happy the way he was, I'd mind my own business.

But I can't even think about this Robert's looks, because his personality is ugly as ugly can be -- bloated with machismo, swollen with arrogance, bursting at the seams with self-righteous interpretations of the Bible.

His stated height and weight put him in the obese category. Obviously we don't know his body fat percentage, but I'm gonna go ahead and answer your question with a "yes."

Just a clarification: I don't really care if he's fat and I wasn't even asking if he was. But twice in his post he said "does that mean I'm not fat" and it was really weird so that's why I brought it up.

If he's 6'2" and 275#, he's got a BMI of over 35 and is considered obese by NIH's standards (nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm).

The ideas that people can fall into obese categories and still be considered fit really only applies to people who are essentially body builders. And he is no body builder. He's obese. That doesn't mean he isn't healthy. It doesn't even mean that he's automatically unattractive. What makes him repulsive to me is his beliefs.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
My husband weighs about the same and is more than 2" taller -- he's extremely muscular thanks to his job, but he's also got a soft, cushy tummy (perfect for snuggling or putting my head on, btw). And he's also considered obese. Oh, well. He's perfect to me -- and he sure as hell doesn't have any of CM's assbackwards beliefs.

I think Robert would be incredibly uncharitable about the looks of a woman with his probable body fat percentage, let's put it that way.

3D5pBcT.jpg

Do David's cargo pants have a bunch of extra material in the crotch that gets lumpy when he sits, or is he really happy to see me?

I almost feel like CM WANTS everyone to know he's overweight, not to humble himself, but to uphold the fact that men's "value" is not intrinsically tied to their appearance like a woman's is.

I don't ever body snark. REally, not ever (poor fashion choices are another story. hey, i'm human). I'm no prize pig myself. But I will say that he is stunningly average looking. It's Ray Romano syndrome (average looking man, hot wife). I can see him saying "hey, I'm a godly man, so I can look this way and still be important! But I will subject all the women in my life to an "objective" rating system!"

I've noticed that he calls his wife "beautiful" much more often - is it from the backlash of insulting his own spouse's looks? Or is it because he found approval from all of us raving feminists saying what a catch she is? Something to think about.

Oh fantastic, he's railing on Sheila again and generally being a mysoginistic asshole. Uggghhhh.

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/my-wife-my-mistress-my-ex/

I just reread the part about how leading her the way that makes other women upset will cure her hormonal problems. Uggghhh. So locking her in the shed fixed her uterus?! Riiiigghht.

So. To recap: he doesn't think his wife is beautiful but he DOES think her menstrual cycle and hormones are an appropriate topic for his blog. He truly has no respect for her, huh?

Amanda, I'm so very sorry for what you have to live with. You are a beautiful woman who deserves so much more.

Robert, please, for the love of Pete, refresh yourself on the proper use of the apostrophe. You are perhaps the worst perpetrator of apostrophe abuse I've ever encountered. When you can master the basic grammar skills that my children learned in the third grade, maybe...just maybe...we will believe that you know more than a physician about...well...anything. I can only hope your lovely wife is solely in charge of your kids' education.

Okay, Boobert, I'll bite.

My brother is married to an emotionally abusive woman. That girl is mean as a snake. She is very smart, cold, and cruel. She isolated him from his friends and then went to work tearing him down. Recently she kicked him out of the house, not for any real reason but just to elevate the abuse to the next level, I suppose. So I can believe that sometimes, yes, it can be the man who is abused.

But let's think of how you have presented that Griddle Gigglin' Amanda. Meek. Shy. Scared (even of computer people coming to do....something?....to her family). Lives in a remote area, homeschooling. Prone to deep depression and suicidal thoughts.

And now, Boobert!!! Big as a mountain, stronger than 99% of men on earth or some such bullshit. Stock market expert. Wearer of tight-in-the-shoulders XXL t-shirts. Knows more about female depression than most doctors and all women. Feels justified in sending the wife to the shanty and forbidding her from seeing her friends (except Boobert approved friends) if she gets up to her Amandaish wiles. Lies. Lies on the very blog he feels God Himself asked Boobert to make. I think God wouldn't like that.

So unless you've got some more compelling evidence that Amanda peels off her face at night and Mrs. Jekyll emerges, YOU look like the jerk.

Do David's cargo pants have a bunch of extra material in the crotch that gets lumpy when he sits, or is he really happy to see me Robert?

Fixed that for ya...

My brother is married to an emotionally abusive woman. That girl is mean as a snake. She is very smart, cold, and cruel. She isolated him from his friends and then went to work tearing him down. Recently she kicked him out of the house, not for any real reason but just to elevate the abuse to the next level, I suppose. So I can believe that sometimes, yes, it can be the man who is abused.

But let's think of how you have presented that Griddle Gigglin' Amanda. Meek. Shy. Scared (even of computer people coming to do....something?....to her family). Lives in a remote area, homeschooling. Prone to deep depression and suicidal thoughts.

And now, Boobert!!! Big as a mountain, stronger than 99% of men on earth or some such bullshit. Stock market expert. Wearer of tight-in-the-shoulders XXL t-shirts. Knows more about female depression than most doctors and all women. Feels justified in sending the wife to the shanty and forbidding her from seeing her friends (except Boobert approved friends) if she gets up to her Amandaish wiles. Lies. Lies on the very blog he feels God Himself asked Boobert to make. I think God wouldn't like that.

So unless you've got some more compelling evidence that Amanda peels off her face at night and Mrs. Jekyll emerges, YOU look like the jerk.

He did conveniently leave out the whole 'lock 'em in the cabin" method of hormone therapy, didn't he?

Also, why the need to keep poking Sheila? Seriously, he is one very insecure man.

Argh, he has the worst case of greengrocer's apostrophe I've seen in a long time.

I didn't know that delightful phrase, although I certainly know the condition! In my area we call it the mechanic's apostrophe, because the hand-painted sign above the mechanic's shop says:

"WE DO BRAKE'S . . . MUFFLER'S . . . TRANSMISSION'S . . . TUNE-UP'S . . ."

:pull-hair:

1. I'm so sorry he's dealing with that.

2. This is EXACTLY what CM did to Mrs. CM, even to moving her out to a cabin on his property. There has GOT to be an abuser's handbook somewhere that tells assholes exactly what to do to destroy another person's heart and soul (and sometimes body).

FYI, unless he's 7'5" or taller, he IS overweight. Hopefully I'm not being anti-American, but when I'm in the States, Americans seem to view as "normal" what other countries view as "chubby."

In America, we're supposed to see the average girth as perfectly healthy, even though that's not always the case. More than a third of us are obese, with another third being overweight. The remaining third is healthy weight or underweight. America is full of gluttons. Hundreds of billions of dollars a year are spent on obesity-related problems, but we're supposed to believe that every size is really healthy, and that it's just the dieting pills industry telling us otherwise. So we're supposed to ignore it, even it we otherwise pretty much don't care. It just upsets me that I have very dear friends who believe they're very healthy even while they are regularly seeing doctors for obesity-related problems. They won't acknowledge the risks of their weight. The American thing to do is pamper them instead and agree that every body size is really a healthy body size. To do anything else is anti-American.... :roll:

The "health at every size" thing isn't about walking around eating everything in sight and sitting on your butt in front of the TV every chance you get and calling that healthy. It's about adopting a healthy lifestyle not as part of a diet but for the sake of health, as part of a long-term approach that honors your body and your health. nationaleatingdisorders.org/what-health-every-size

Many people who are morbidly obese (not just chubby) have diagnosable eating disorders. IOW, they aren't just "gluttons" who can't control themselves but rather use food as a coping mechanism (as opposed to alcohol, self-injury, drugs, etc.). Therefore it's far better to try to address the root cause of the problem rather than wagging one's finger at friends and loved ones while screeching "GLUTTON!" at the top of one's lungs.

My mom had a lifelong struggle with her weight that culminated in WLS, which ultimately played a big role in her death. Instead of dealing with the issues that led to her out-of-control eating (some of which included anxiety caused by "helpful" people who essentially pointed/laughed/judged her weight), she focused on the symptoms: the fat. She got the fat under control with the help of surgery, but she never conquered her demons.

That's like treating the symptoms of cancer without actually addressing the cancer.

The "health at every size" thing isn't about walking around eating everything in sight and sitting on your butt in front of the TV every chance you get and calling that healthy. It's about adopting a healthy lifestyle not as part of a diet but for the sake of health, as part of a long-term approach that honors your body and your health. nationaleatingdisorders.org/what-health-every-size

Many people who are morbidly obese (not just chubby) have diagnosable eating disorders. IOW, they aren't just "gluttons" who can't control themselves but rather use food as a coping mechanism (as opposed to alcohol, self-injury, drugs, etc.). Therefore it's far better to try to address the root cause of the problem rather than wagging one's finger at friends and loved ones while screeching "GLUTTON!" at the top of one's lungs.

My mom had a lifelong struggle with her weight that culminated in WLS, which ultimately played a big role in her death. Instead of dealing with the issues that led to her out-of-control eating (some of which included anxiety caused by "helpful" people who essentially pointed/laughed/judged her weight), she focused on the symptoms: the fat. She got the fat under control with the help of surgery, but she never conquered her demons.

That's like treating the symptoms of cancer without actually addressing the cancer.

qft. i've long struggled with eating from anxiety and depression. i got it under control for a period of time and did well, but then had a breakdown and it all went to hell again. i'm trying to pick up the pieces again, but when overeating is in conjunction with other issues, it's harder to deal with through dieting alone, and honestly i think that may be why some diets fail, because the eating itself isn't the actual problem.

Archived