IGNORED

In which CM "refuses to engage" FJ

Firiel

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Today's post is just a bunch of Cabinetman trying to "prove" I'm wrong about him- notice there's references to how much he shells out in business insurance (and calls having insurance the "neutered way", of course). He's also trying to "prove" they don't just have a couple horses and therefore it's a-okay for him to be taking farm write-offs and subsidies in his taxes.

Except if he's really got all the insurance required, why NOT pay the $60ish a year to have a contractor's license? If nothing else, you're automatically saying "no" to a lot of opportunities by not having one. You're also not continuously licensed, which is going to show up if you ever start installing again, and customers will probably wonder why. I know if I were hiring someone to do something as expensive as build me custom cabinets, I'd seriously reconsider hiring someone who casually told me they just quit doing their own installs for years on end. I'd wonder why, wouldn't you? I don't believe that he's just fabricating anyway, nothing on his business website implied that in any way. Lots of pictures of gorgeous INSTALLED cabinets, though.

And goats seem like a weird livestock pick, unless you just want something to hang out with the horses. Goat meat isn't that popular, and I can't see Cabinetman milking ANYTHING, let alone a goat. It doesn't look like their property gets enough brush to warrant keeping a herd for pasture management. So assuming he even HAS goats, wtf is he doing with them? I don't know enough about goats (unlike gold panning) to definitively say he DOESN'T have any, but suddenly going on about your "goat herd" when you're called out about fibbing on your taxes seems suspect to me.

Also dumbfuck, "pink" has not always coded for girly. It's just a color. It's not sapping the testosterone from manly man football players. Get real. My god, how fragile men are in your world!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I don't know about the laws in other states, but at least hereiIn Florida, grazing animals on empty land automatically qualifies the land's owner for an agricultural tax exemption. So... maybe his "goat herd" if it exists is a reason for this. The grazing land doesn't have to be that great because goats will eat pretty much anything that they can chew up... so if he does in fact have goats, they could graze anywhere. Or the goats are just a figment of his imagination and I'm overanalyzing... I dunno.

THIS.

CM, learn your history, dude. It's only been fairly recently that pink has been considered a color for girls. In fact, it used to be associated with red as a masculine color while pale blue was considered a more delicate and feminine color (hence many depictions of the Virgin Mary in white and a pale shade of blue).

I cite:

smithsonianmag.com/ist/?next=/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink#The_19th_century

Also... GASP! SHOCK! In that second link, it also mentions baby boys wearing dresses in the 1800's!!!

Edited to break link (it's Wikipedia but just in case)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Today's post is just a bunch of Cabinetman trying to "prove" I'm wrong about him- notice there's references to how much he shells out in business insurance (and calls having insurance the "neutered way", of course). He's also trying to "prove" they don't just have a couple horses and therefore it's a-okay for him to be taking farm write-offs and subsidies in his taxes.

Except if he's really got all the insurance required, why NOT pay the $60ish a year to have a contractor's license? If nothing else, you're automatically saying "no" to a lot of opportunities by not having one. You're also not continuously licensed, which is going to show up if you ever start installing again, and customers will probably wonder why. I know if I were hiring someone to do something as expensive as build me custom cabinets, I'd seriously reconsider hiring someone who casually told me they just quit doing their own installs for years on end. I'd wonder why, wouldn't you? I don't believe that he's just fabricating anyway, nothing on his business website implied that in any way. Lots of pictures of gorgeous INSTALLED cabinets, though.

And goats seem like a weird livestock pick, unless you just want something to hang out with the horses. Goat meat isn't that popular, and I can't see Cabinetman milking ANYTHING, let alone a goat. It doesn't look like their property gets enough brush to warrant keeping a herd for pasture management. So assuming he even HAS goats, wtf is he doing with them? I don't know enough about goats (unlike gold panning) to definitively say he DOESN'T have any, but suddenly going on about your "goat herd" when you're called out about fibbing on your taxes seems suspect to me.

Also dumbfuck, "pink" has not always coded for girly. It's just a color. It's not sapping the testosterone from manly man football players. Get real. My god, how fragile men are in your world!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
when we were still in georgia, my parents bought a couple of african pygmy goats, just to have them as pets. we didn't plan on butchering them and we didn't milk them, we just took care of them and enjoyed them and had them impregnated and enjoyed their kids (they both had twins, which are pretty common). they're quite fun to have! they usually have pretty quirky personalities, and are tons of fun. i'd love to have goats again, but minnesota probably isn't so great for them because of the cold weather, so i'm wondering how he takes care of goats in alaska...unless he has an expensive barn setup or he has goats that are specifically good in cold climates (i'm not an expert by any means, just relaying my personal experience) i have no clue how these goats are going to last the winter. we had to get rid of our goats before we moved to northern minnesota, partly because of the costs of transporting them but also because it was going to be way too cold for african pygmies...the running joke up here in the winter is "any day above 0 degrees is a heat wave!" and i only wish that was a joke lol.

*edited for riffle.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
He didn't really move to Alaska, but he is somewhere that gets cold. Weather Underground lists typical December highs in the 30-33 degree range and lows between 18-19 degrees. Which I'd think is too cold for smaller livestock like goats to be outdoors overnight, especially considering they get most of their precipitation during cold months. Cold, wet, and windy. Ick, and your coat doesn't do you much good when it's soaked through. November and January are a little warmer but still quite cool and soggy.

So for my next move in the world's fundiest chess game, I'm going to say ASPCA! Now it's Cabinetman's turn to somehow bring up his enormous... barn... and tell us why barns and women being shrews are related. Your move, CM.

Either that or we'll be treated to an essay on why goats can take the elements because they're creatures of Satan or something.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I even heard somewhere that sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell. ;)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
He didn't really move to Alaska, but he is somewhere that gets cold. Weather Underground lists typical December highs in the 30-33 degree range and lows between 18-19 degrees. Which I'd think is too cold for smaller livestock like goats to be outdoors overnight, especially considering they get most of their precipitation during cold months. Cold, wet, and windy. Ick, and your coat doesn't do you much good when it's soaked through. November and January are a little warmer but still quite cool and soggy.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
even in georgia it can get nippy in the winter, especially at night. we had a regular fenced-in pen area for them (with a high metal fence) that we expanded and put a roof partition over part of it for them, plus got them these little igloo-type of things that they could easily get in and it would help keep them warm. it was relatively inexpensive, as my dad had construction experience and was able to do the work himself, but that was still georgia, in northern minnesota where it's below zero for days and even weeks at a time, they were a no go. i missed them a lot when we sold them before the move.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
even in georgia it can get nippy in the winter, especially at night. we had a regular fenced-in pen area for them (with a high metal fence) that we expanded and put a roof partition over part of it for them, plus got them these little igloo-type of things that they could easily get in and it would help keep them warm. it was relatively inexpensive, as my dad had construction experience and was able to do the work himself, but that was still georgia, in northern minnesota where it's below zero for days and even weeks at a time, they were a no go. i missed them a lot when we sold them before the move.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Aww, I'm sorry. I've never had goats but my neighbors did and they were neat. I can't talk my husband into a goat even though in NorCal we've totally got the weather for them. I was like "think of the goat milk soap! The cheeses! Not having to mow the back yard! The dog will like the goat!" He was unswayed.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Aww, I'm sorry. I've never had goats but my neighbors did and they were neat. I can't talk my husband into a goat even though in NorCal we've totally got the weather for them. I was like "think of the goat milk soap! The cheeses! Not having to mow the back yard! The dog will like the goat!" He was unswayed.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
they were such awesome lawnmowers. of course, we also lived in the country, with only two neighbors (at the time that we lived there...it's all in development now as atlanta stretches out its tentacles and devours the countryside) so if the goats chose to focus on only one part of the yard for some reason and the grass became uneven, it was okay. :D

and can i just say that baby kids are just the cutest things ever? because they are the cutest things ever. i played with them a lot, and when i'd get down on my hands and knees, they'd jump up on my back. :D that was definitely one part of my childhood that i don't look back on and cringe or get revolted at.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
they were such awesome lawnmowers. of course, we also lived in the country, with only two neighbors (at the time that we lived there...it's all in development now as atlanta stretches out its tentacles and devours the countryside) so if the goats chose to focus on only one part of the yard for some reason and the grass became uneven, it was okay. :D

and can i just say that baby kids are just the cutest things ever? because they are the cutest things ever. i played with them a lot, and when i'd get down on my hands and knees, they'd jump up on my back. :D that was definitely one part of my childhood that i don't look back on and cringe or get revolted at.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I just want to chime in and say that goat is delicious. Goat meat, as well as goat milk products.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
i do love me some goat cheese. unfortunately, african pygmies aren't so great for producing the milk you'd want in order to make it, so we didn't get a chance to try it. if we'd gotten a breed more conducive to that, i bet my mum would have loved to try. she even ground grain to make flour for her bread, she was all about making stuff herself at that time.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I love that we are having a completely hidden conversation about goats. I imagine some poor, innocent lurker who is finally driven mad with curiosity about the hidden content, so s/he registers to read this thread.

"What the fuck. They're talking about fucking goats!"

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I love that we are having a completely hidden conversation about goats. I imagine some poor, innocent lurker who is finally driven mad with curiosity about the hidden content, so s/he registers to read this thread.

"What the fuck. They're talking about fucking goats!"

i can't like this enough :D this seriously does my heart good

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
eRHCekt.jpg

YESSSSSS!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
BEHBEHS! oh i heart kids so much.

There are no words

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
for how stinking adorable that is! :lol:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
i really hope he's reading through this thread - or at least trying to - and getting really frustrated at not being able to read everything. i can only imagine the look on his face at how this looks!

You guys! Did you see...oh wait.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Whew! almost forgot to hide it. Robert really slaps his commenter, Maria, down for not being meek and submissive, even though her ex was beating the crap out of her. Basically...'Yeah, he shouldn't hit you, but you are sinning just as bad for not taking your biblical role seriously." I hope Maria is one of us who's just pulling his leg; otherwise, I kind of want to smack the crap out of her ex. :cry:

You guys! Did you see...oh wait.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Whew! almost forgot to hide it. Robert really slaps his commenter, Maria, down for not being meek and submissive, even though her ex was beating the crap out of her. Basically...'Yeah, he shouldn't hit you, but you are sinning just as bad for not taking your biblical role seriously." I hope Maria is one of us who's just pulling his leg; otherwise, I kind of want to smack the crap out of her ex. :cry:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I am "maria" and I basically told the truth.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Spouse is doing 18 months probation for what he did. He is prohibited to contact me. I can supply case number for anyone who wants it.

Can someone point me to his blog? Wifi's out, and I'm having a hard time finding it in the threads on tapa. Thanks! (Sorry for not hiding it - again, I'm on my phone).

Can someone point me to his blog? Wifi's out, and I'm having a hard time finding it in the threads on tapa. Thanks! (Sorry for not hiding it - again, I'm on my phone).

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I am "maria" and I basically told the truth.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Well I wish it wasn't true. I'm sorry for what you've been through but I'm glad you have a pair.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Well I wish it wasn't true. I'm sorry for what you've been through but I'm glad you have a pair.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Same. I don't need proof, I'm just glad you're safe now.

Archived