IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

Well the information about James Pennington really makes me wonder. How on eatth did he get past character and fitness to join the CA state bar, if he'd not paid taxes since 1996 (as of 2007)? Oh wait, it's California, the same state which would license Orly Let Me FEENISH Taitz, queen of the "birthers".

Ever since it became clear the Pennington offspring didn't have the normal paperwork and were essentially off the grid, I've had my suspicions that the parents are into Sovereign Citizen ideology. The tax issue and the Texas Constitutional Party membersip is making this a more likely conclusion.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She hasn't responded to me yet. I usually merit the quote. :lol:

I thought for sure Koala was going to get the quote. :lol:

I sure hope Alecia is not going with the HSLDA because those people have one goal in mind and that is to protect homeschooling parents at all cost. They do not care about homeschooled students who were harmed by their parents.

One more thing I noticed. Unless another lawyer has contacted her, the one referenced in on twitter is from HSLDA. IMO, she should be very careful about associating with them. They are controversial and usually more about the parents rights to do what want vs. the treatment of kids. Maybe they would be helpful, but who knows.

Whoa! to the bolded. HSLDA connected? Beware. I hope HARO (Homeschoolers Anonymous) can head that one off at the pass for Alecia's sake. She needs a pro bono attorney without Fundie baggage.

Another news article for the record:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/20 ... uld-you-do

For the person who asked: HSLDA = Home School Legal Defense Association. Bad news and

Doug Phillips's former stamping ground.

BrownieMomma, I've had it with you. On one of the previous gay rights threads (the cake discrimination one), you basically said that I, as a woman in a same-gender marriage, am a horrible sinner, and it's OK to discriminate against me.

I can defend myself. Faith asked a poster to post her video here, so she may well be reading this. I'm speaking to you directly now: Pick on me instead. Faith is probably really overwhelmed right now because of the media attention. And I had a friend leave her family at 19, Faith's age. That family lived in society "normally," though they were still abusive. Even so, after my friend left, she had a hard time dealing with her feelings and thoughts.

Calling Faith a liar, like her family is, will just make this similar (but far worse), struggle even harder for her.

So yeah. I'm calling open season on me, but leave Faith alone.

Whoa! to the bolded. HSLDA connected? Beware. I hope HARO (Homeschoolers Anonymous) can head that one off at the pass for Alecia's sake. She needs a pro bono attorney without Fundie baggage.

For the person who asked: HSLDA = Home School Legal Defense Association. Bad news and

Agreed! Here is the twitter link to their offer:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HomeschoolAn ... 24/photo/1

I found the link on HA. I'm twitter illiterate.

Agreed! Here is the twitter link to their offer:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HomeschoolAn ... 24/photo/1

I found the link on HA. I'm twitter illiterate.

Anyone else wondering whether James and Lisa asked HSLDA to proffer that offer?

Alecia Faith, if you are reading here, please go with another attorney.

So many hugs to help battle your pain, which must be huge. So much praise for your courage. You coming forward with your story will help many others who are still trapped in document hell and possibly without the extended family support that I am so glad that you, Alecia, have in this battle. Go girl! You will win!

I still can't get past the fact of deliberately leaving your children stateless.

Denying them the chance to hit the ground running at 18 - and so many what-ifs. What if one of them wanted to join the army at 18, or travel overseas on short notice. What if James and Lisa were killed in an accident leaving stateless orphans, what if their house burnt down and everything that proved their children existed was lost? At lease with a birth certificate you can just replace it from the State.

What is the lesson in having to delay your adulthood having to sort out proving you even exist first?

Thank you. I think I got it mixed up with HARO. If HSDLA is associated with Doug Phillips, I hope to heaven she has nothing to do with them.

BTW, I checked out the Young Living site to see what the snake oils she's selling are all about and I found a package of mints selling for $17. Girl, bye!

I still can't get past the fact of deliberately leaving your children stateless.

Denying them the chance to hit the ground running at 18 - and so many what-ifs. What if one of them wanted to join the army at 18, or travel overseas on short notice. What if James and Lisa were killed in an accident leaving stateless orphans, what if their house burnt down and everything that proved their children existed was lost? At lease with a birth certificate you can just replace it from the State.

What is the lesson in having to delay your adulthood having to sort out proving you even exist first?

I can't help but repeat this again. James C. Pennington is an attorney recently licensed in California. I presume he took the bar last summer. In order to take the bar, he would have had to show ID. (Back in my day, it was one ID, who knows, it could be more today.) On top of that, he's a Certified Public Accountant. You would think, having this experience and this background, that James C. Pennington would know that his kids could not function in the larger society without the paperwork he and Lisa never got filled out for the children. Unless he and Lisa thought they could hold on to the kids forever.

The larger question to me is, how many birthed at home, homeschooled, kept off the grid kids are there in this same situation?

BTW, I checked out the Young Living site to see what the snake oils she's selling are all about and I found a package of mints selling for $17. Girl, bye!

:pink-shock: Well, you know what they say about a fool and his money...

mirele, this is a very frightening thought. How evil can people be? These kids are powerless. Or close to powerless. But hopefully there will be a Alecia Law from this. I hope she can find freedom.

Lisa must be slathered head to toe in oils with a pile of diffusers running full tilt, while sucking on Thieves lozenges.

Oh god... what a horrid image... :brain-bleach:

The larger question to me is, how many birthed at home, homeschooled, kept off the grid kids are there in this same situation?

I think there are a number of families like this, most of them stay far off the grid and away from the public eye. Unfortunately, Mama in this case, loves to have people see her pretties and pontificate about child-raising. The problem with blogs is that you are out in the public eye, so there is going to be scrutiny.

One comment on the PP Facebook page was indicating that they are being persecuted for homeschooling, i.e FreeJinger goes after the homeschoolers. I would like to say for those that are on here reading for the first time that I do not believe this is the case, and as a homeschooler I do not feel condemned at all. I have been reading since Yuku and Emily and Dan and I don't think that is accurate at all....some of the people discussed are homeschoolers doing stupid things or being careless about and then writing about them on a public blog.

I have said to my husband more than one over the years, that I would hate to be on FreeJinger's radar because they come out with the truth. Often, my intuition, and the FJ BS meter are right on track--and I actually know or have friends that know people discussed here. I don't necessarily always agree with FJ on everything, but then I don't agree with Fundies much either. I enjoy a good dialogue, and considering different points of view. And I get that here, even though I read and don't post.

I know people have said that this can be seen as a negative thing towards homeschooling because extremists are portrayed.

But really, kids attend public school all the time without birth certificates or social security cards. It's the combination of non- registered birth, no Christening/Baptism records, no medical records, no immunizations AND no help from her parents that is causing her issues. It isn't just because she is home schooled. The difference is that if she had attended public school she could at least document her presence in the U.S. From age 5.

Oh ! Just thought of something ( sorry if I missed someone saying this ) wouldn't her parents have filed some sort of paperwork with the state saying they were homeschooling their kids? Which would be filed somewhere and list her name, address and birthdate? Or are they soooooo off- grid that they pretended they didn't exist at all?

I know people have said that this can be seen as a negative thing towards homeschooling because extremists are portrayed.

But really, kids attend public school all the time without birth certificates or social security cards. It's the combination of non- registered birth, no Christening/Baptism records, no medical records, no immunizations AND no help from her parents that is causing her issues. It isn't just because she is home schooled. The difference is that if she had attended public school she could at least document her presence in the U.S. From age 5.

Oh ! Just thought of something ( sorry if I missed someone saying this ) wouldn't her parents have filed some sort of paperwork with the state saying they were homeschooling their kids? Which would be filed somewhere and list her name, address and birthdate? Or are they soooooo off- grid that they pretended they didn't exist at all?

TX has minimal homeschool laws. I know there are no testing, curriculum, or attendance regulations. I'm not even sure if parents have to notify the state/district of intent to homeschool!

In CO, where I live, I have to mail an intent to homeschool to my district every year, I have to keep attendance records, minimum curriculum standards (including numbers of hours on specific subjects), and starting in 3rd grade, they have to take the state standardized test annually. The attendance and curriculum are not formally monitored but if my family were to come under investigation for any reason, I would need to produce evidence that I'm keeping up my end of the deal.

Not in TX. Homeschools are considered private schools and there is no oversight or reporting. I homeschool in TX. I'm sorry to say this, but I think reporting is a good idea. In SC, we reported to a homeschooling association which kept our records. It keeps the parents accountable and honest, and legal.

The larger question to me is how many of those home birthed, home schooled, off the grid, legal ghosts have also gone to ALERT or something like it for paramilitary training?

We need a tin foil hat smilie.

I don't know about public schools where you are, but I needed my kids' birth certificates, SS #'s, and shot records when they started school.

Archived