IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

This isn't a situation that couldn't be rectified with the aid of a few good lawyers and major pressure on the parents but that father of hers is already waving the white flag.

He better be. He's licensed in California and I'm on the verge of turning in his sorry ass to the state bar. He just got licensed on 12/14/14. On the other hand, may just turn him in to the Texas state bar because he appears to be practicing without a Texas license. (He graduated from an unaccredited California law school and this is problematic with Texas.)

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He better be. He's licensed in California and I'm on the verge of turning in his sorry ass to the state bar. He just got licensed on 12/14/14. On the other hand, may just turn him in to the Texas state bar because he appears to be practicing without a Texas license. (He graduated from an unaccredited California law school and this is problematic with Texas.)

YES!!! I'm so confused about how he is practicing law in Texas. I posed this question yesterday, but things started happening so fast that it got buried. I read this article http://distancelearn.about.com/od/onlin ... school.htm

that discussed the limitations of graduating from an on-line, unaccredited law school. I know sometimes people can qualify for their state's bar exam after graduating from an unaccredited law school if they work under an attorney for a period of time, but how could he do that AND be a CPA? Who has time for 2 jobs? Is he pulling something sketchy? Is he now waving the white flag because he's nervous about the negative attention causing him trouble with the Texas Bar Association?

note - I have absolutely no legal education, and everything I've learned has come from Google.

I also want to say that those of you who have contacted Alecia/Faith or captured now deleted blog posts totally rock! Your hard work has certainly paid off.

Please do.

so have we seen Dad's response?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezZs2rT ... pp=desktop

To me, it sounds like there aren't Birth certificates - an adult does not need their parents help to get a drivers license etc if they have all their identification establishment. My parents had nothing to do with me getting a licence apart from the occasional lesson, I was able to do all the application myself, because, you know, I just reached into the drawer in my parents filing cabinet labelled haras1972 and just took out my birth certificate.

Creepy demeanor BTW.

It's gone international

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/11/teenager-is-technically-not-a-citizen-because-her-parents-didnt-register-her-birth-5058692/

I'm probably enjoying seeing Lisa squirm a little too much lol. I just find her to be such a despicable person for stunting her adult children's lives.

I'll stand with you Grimalkin, I'm not good with reddit either. :?

I'll be standing with you two. I don't understand Reddit at all. :embarrassed:

The impression I got from the father's video is that they are desperately trying to get this under control. But that ship has sailed.

Is there any evidence he is practicing in Texas? Lawyers do work using their law degrees in states in which they are not licensed all the time. Appearing in a federal district court, for example, or simply using the law degree to enhance another profession do not require one to be licensed in multiple states. While CA allows anyone to file a complaint, not getting birth certificates years before he was a barred lawyer really does not constitute legal malpractice or violate ethics rules as he was not a lawyer when this happened. It is not even clear what Texas required 20 years ago (pulling up a current statute is not going to tell you the law when Faith was born unless the statute is 20 years old). You also need a clear understanding of what constitutes unauthorized practice of law Texas and clear evidence he has done those things. Using JD after his name as a professional qualification is not unauthorized practice of law.

You also may not have standing in Texas to file a bar complaint, so turning him in to either bar without any real evidence of anything won't help Faith and could make you look like a crank.

so have we seen Dad's response?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezZs2rT ... pp=desktop

To me, it sounds like there aren't Birth certificates - an adult does not need their parents help to get a drivers license etc if they have all their identification establishment. My parents had nothing to do with me getting a licence apart from the occasional lesson, I was able to do all the application myself, because, you know, I just reached into the drawer in my parents filing cabinet labelled haras1972 and just took out my birth certificate.

Creepy demeanor BTW.

Yes to the bolded...I found his demeanor off. It sounded more like an add for a law firm than a father reaching out to his daughter.

Interesting how he said he had helped some of her older siblings with their "challenges" obtaining legal documents. It seems like the parents are holding those kids hostage until they deem it time to give the kids a legal identity...and by then they have full blown Stockholm Syndrome. And dad said they were working towards getting Faith's documentation before she left? For cripes sake, the way this family works she would be there another 8-10 years before she would have been deemed mature enough to have a drivers license!

It's gone international

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/11/teenager-is-technically-not-a-citizen-because-her-parents-didnt-register-her-birth-5058692/

I'm probably enjoying seeing Lisa squirm a little too much lol. I just find her to be such a despicable person for stunting her adult children's lives.

Oh, this is FANTASTIC. I hope that more sources continue to pick this up. Also, I hope some news outlets interview her on camera. That would really be the icing on Lisa Pennington's pissed pants cake. This is already on snopes.com, and it says there that this is likely an issue for about 3-4% of homeschooled children. How sad. :cry:

I have a decent amount captured. Specifically, the post about Faith leaving and the one about adults at home. Is there a way to get them to Faith so she can use them if she needs to?

Yesterday must have been a real bummer for Lisa. snark. Obviously, they thought this stuff would never catch up with them. If they are smart, they'll have every single one of their births registered stat.

Faith, if you are reading here, just know you did nothing to cause this. Your parents choices are 100% responsible for what is happening. Eventually, this will work itself out and after it does, I hope you make a wonderful life for yourself!

Lisa's blog is back up, but her parenting tips are down.

What a piece of work! People are watching her yank, scrub, polish - LOL. Gotta shill those oils, baby! :cray-cray:

So what's the best essential oil for when everyone finally finds out you're a sociopath? Asking for a friend. 8-)

This really is snark comment of the week! :clap: :lol:

It's gone international

this is WONDERFUL! i can just sense lisa&co scrambling to get the cat out of the bag, but they don't realize that it ain't gonna happen. things will never be the same for them again, but hopefully that means that things for the kids and chidults will be better. hopefully. if anything i hope it'll get better if only because lisa doesn't want something like this happening again.

i also really hope at least a few of her leghumpers defect. i know i'm hoping for a lot here already, a lot that in all likelihood is still not going to happen, but to have a few of the people who so vocally supported her back away, that would just be fantastic.

Can someone put all of the screenshots we have up on either a free website or a facebook page or something? I would be willing to do it, but I don't have the screenshots.

Is there any evidence he is practicing in Texas? Lawyers do work using their law degrees in states in which they are not licensed all the time. Appearing in a federal district court, for example, or simply using the law degree to enhance another profession do not require one to be licensed in multiple states. While CA allows anyone to file a complaint, not getting birth certificates years before he was a barred lawyer really does not constitute legal malpractice or violate ethics rules as he was not a lawyer when this happened. It is not even clear what Texas required 20 years ago (pulling up a current statute is not going to tell you the law when Faith was born unless the statute is 20 years old). You also need a clear understanding of what constitutes unauthorized practice of law Texas and clear evidence he has done those things. Using JD after his name as a professional qualification is not unauthorized practice of law.

You also may not have standing in Texas to file a bar complaint, so turning him in to either bar without any real evidence of anything won't help Faith and could make you look like a crank.

My apologies. I let my frustration with this particular specimen of the CA state bar come out. I interacted with him on Twitter yesterday and he was pretty slippery and evasive with regard to his daughter. I do not understand how anyone would just not jump on the fact that their child does not have the basic paperwork to function in America today. As far as standing goes, I am an inactive member of the Texas state bar and I do have a slight understanding of what constitutes unauthorized practice of law.

James C. Pennington is very careful to state where he practices law, which is in California and before the Tax Court, on his website.

http://www.penningtontaxlaw.com/home

ETA: I have not looked at the statutes and case law, but I do wonder if failure to provide your children with basic identification papers would go to "moral turpitude" when applying for a Texas bar license?

Maybe this has come up already, but with that number of number of kids and the husband is allegedly, supposedly a CPA :roll:, I would find it hard to believe that that the kids weren't declared as dependents on their tax returns. In which case, they would be required to have SSN's, they would have gotten audited plus owe more taxes over that if they didn't. So either they didn't declare the kids, which again I find hard to believe (but possible as well as stupid) or the parents obtained documentation and are withholding it. But an SSN and certification of birth to obtain it would exist if the parents claimed tax exemptions.

I wouldn't put it past Lisa to make her kids jump through all kinds of crazy hoops to obtain documentation for something like a drivers license when in fact she does have it. We already know she makes her kids WORK for everything. These claims that "we worked to get them their documentation" is complete bullshit if they claimed the kids on tax returns, they would have it and are playing sick games.

Maybe this has come up already, but with that number of number of kids and the husband is allegedly, supposedly a CPA :roll:, I would find it hard to believe that that the kids weren't declared as dependents on their tax returns. In which case, they would be required to have SSN's, they would have gotten audited plus owe more taxes over that if they didn't. So either they didn't declare the kids, which again I find hard to believe (but possible as well as stupid) or the parents obtained documentation and are withholding it. But an SSN and certification of birth to obtain it would exist if the parents claimed tax exemptions.

I wouldn't put it past Lisa to make her kids jump through all kinds of crazy hoops to obtain documentation for something like a drivers license when in fact she does have it. We already know she makes her kids WORK for everything. These claims that "we worked to get them their documentation" is complete bullshit if they claimed the kids on tax returns, they would have it and are playing sick games.

It appears a search has been done and there's no birth certificate on file for Alecia Faith. Now, back in the day, you could get a Social Security number without a birth certificate (as I did, back about 1975), but when Faith was born, a birth certificate was needed.

I'd also add that James has been involved in some sort of strange litigation involving an entity called "Anchor Group," which he called a church. He attempted to use "Anchor Group as a church" as the reason to quash a subpoena issued on the IRS as it was investigating James and Lisa for tax issues. The judge wasn't buying it.

http://courtweb.pamd.uscourts.gov/Court ... 799626.pdf

My apologies. I let my frustration with this particular specimen of the CA state bar come out. I interacted with him on Twitter yesterday and he was pretty slippery and evasive with regard to his daughter. I do not understand how anyone would just not jump on the fact that their child does not have the basic paperwork to function in America today. As far as standing goes, I am an inactive member of the Texas state bar and I do have a slight understanding of what constitutes unauthorized practice of law.

James C. Pennington is very careful to state where he practices law, which is in California and before the Tax Court, on his website.

http://www.penningtontaxlaw.com/home

ETA: I have not looked at the statutes and case law, but I do wonder if failure to provide your children with basic identification papers would go to "moral turpitude" when applying for a Texas bar license?

It again depends on the statute as it was written when Faith was born. If it was not legal requirement, then no.

Yes to the bolded...I found his demeanor off. It sounded more like an add for a law firm than a father reaching out to his daughter.

Interesting how he said he had helped some of her older siblings with their "challenges" obtaining legal documents. It seems like the parents are holding those kids hostage until they deem it time to give the kids a legal identity...and by then they have full blown Stockholm Syndrome. And dad said they were working towards getting Faith's documentation before she left? For cripes sake, the way this family works she would be there another 8-10 years before she would have been deemed mature enough to have a drivers license!

So like Chris Jeub. More than creepy.

No, James C. Pennington, that obfuscation will not work. You've already been sent a copy of an affidavit - so sign it and send it back already!

It appears a search has been done and there's no birth certificate on file for Alecia Faith. Now, back in the day, you could get a Social Security number without a birth certificate (as I did, back about 1975), but when Faith was born, a birth certificate was needed.

I'd also add that James has been involved in some sort of strange litigation involving an entity called "Anchor Group," which he called a church. He attempted to use "Anchor Group as a church" as the reason to quash a subpoena issued on the IRS as it was investigating James and Lisa for tax issues. The judge wasn't buying it.

http://courtweb.pamd.uscourts.gov/Court ... 799626.pdf

I really would not hire this man to do my taxes.

Can someone put all of the screenshots we have up on either a free website or a facebook page or something? I would be willing to do it, but I don't have the screenshots.

they could email them to her if she wants them. I bet that email account has been flooded with mail.

This really is snark comment of the week! :clap: :lol:

I think you should leave this comment on her video about hard times.

I'll be standing with you two. I don't understand Reddit at all. :embarrassed:

The impression I got from the father's video is that they are desperately trying to get this under control. But that ship has sailed.

I imagine Faith would prefer it to be over with quickly and quietly too. I think she is a brave girl and must be at odds with herself regarding this. Her parents might be horrible, but I am sure she loves and cares about them and her siblings.

And to repeat what has been said because I hope you understand this- what happens to your parents is not your fault but theirs. You did not cause this to happen. You stood up for yourself. I think your brave and am inspiration. I mean that too.

Archived