IGNORED

Without men, we'd be vegetarians and there'd be no gays-LORI

Lori and Ken's archive is here: viewforum.php?f=95

That's where we've collected all the old threads. There are some still floating around in the first 10 or 20 pages of Snark, but eventually they'll all get moved.

These two haven't quite earned their own sub forum yet. Their archive has 205 topics. The Duggar sub has 1535.

Personally I would prefer to just have one Ken and Lori thread that is not specific to any particular topic or post instead of the fractured conversation we get this way. But that's just me. The Alexanders certainly say shit that makes interesting thread titles, so I see the appeal of multiple threads, too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would prefer to just have one Ken and Lori thread that is not specific to any particular topic or post instead of the fractured conversation we get this way. But that's just me.

I agree with this. I get that the threads are big, but it's all in one place so you're not searching for a Lorken thread that has fallen to the bottom.

Lori and Ken's archive is here: viewforum.php?f=95

That's where we've collected all the old threads. There are some still floating around in the first 10 or 20 pages of Snark, but eventually they'll all get moved.

These two haven't quite earned their own sub forum yet. Their archive has 205 topics. The Duggar sub has 1535.

Personally I would prefer to just have one Ken and Lori thread that is not specific to any particular topic or post instead of the fractured conversation we get this way. But that's just me. The Alexanders certainly say shit that makes interesting thread titles, so I see the appeal of multiple threads, too.

As a person who doesn't read every single center aligned (oh, I got 'banned' from her blog for suggesting that people find left aligned writing easier to read) blog post, I think I would find a single thread more difficult. Having separate posts for separate entries would mean we could discuss each blog post and why they are wrong, along with starting topics about their (messed up) relationship. But I also see the appeal of the single thread, although I rarely, if ever, click the mega threads.

Also I think there should be push notifications when interesting things happen. I missed the entire time Ken was posting here. :-(

Also I think there should be push notifications when interesting things happen. I missed the entire time Ken was posting here. :-(

Something like a big bat signal, so we all know that Fundie Friday has arrived! ;)

Yeah, Lori is a tough one because she posts so often, and we don't really need four Lori threads on the front page at all times. But then again, certain horrific/snark-worthy things get buried in topics whose title doesn't match the crazy content.

And she's been posting crazier shit than usual lately, too, I think.

This is just it. It's not low-level, sustained crazy that kind of just flows, but "OMGWTF This is crazy even for Lori!" crazy, on such drastically different topics that each one requires a lot more brain juice than the regular level of Lori-crazy. All together, it's overwhelming.

3. Even if women traditionally did not kill animals on the farm, they still had to pluck them, gut them, and prepare the meat while it still looked like an animal. Does that require less emotional distance than actually killing the animal?

Lori actually did answer this.

Jackietigerfrench said:

I have to disagree with some of this. I think whether or not you become emotionally attached to animals and therefore have troubles slaughtering them is dependent on how you were raised. If you grew up in a farming/hunting family then most likely you were raised to view most animals as food sources (I was) not pets. They didn't get names, they didn't get petted, they got fed and took care of until the time came to kill and process them. It's common in rural communities for the man of the house to shoot and field dress the animal and the woman to do the skinning, cleaning and processing. [snip]

Lori responded:

You actually agreed with what I wrote by writing " the man of the house to shoot and field dress the animal." The men were the ones doing the actual killing. I think it is in a woman's nature to detest killing of any kind. Even when we see a dead animal on the side of the road, we are sad. I think it comes much easier to men to kill animals because they do not have the emotional make up of women. God gave us this tender, emotional make up to raise and nurture children with. It is part of the beauty of God's creation and intended order.

Lori? Just because Ken doesn't care for your kids doesn't mean the rest of us have fathers for our children who don't care. My husband happens to have a strong emotional make-up and is a tender, nurturing father, as well as the strength to be the primary breadwinner in this household. Pity Ken can't figure out how to be a loving father AND hold down a job.

Pft..you Silly Billy! If a woman hunts she will become a lesbian. If a man does not enjoy hunting or....gasp...even is a vegetarian, he will be gay. This has happened with all women and men FOREVER AND EVER. I'm sure Ken has googled it and has some actual statistics.

You're welcome. :lol:

So Adam in that garden was gay then? :D

Soooooooo without men there would be no gays?

But Lori, in a world with no men, being a lesbian would be the only option if you wanted sex/a relationship.

Methinks the lady said more than she meant to. :D

Oh, Aunt Genny, always the fly in Lori's black salve.

Genny

As you know, all men are not alike, nor are all women. Sarah Palin was famous for shooting and dressing animals. But looking at the history of the human race, it's the men who seem to love to start wars, or go to war!

Lori Alexander · 7 hours ago

They go to war to defend us from evil, such as Hitler, slavery, and now ISIS, for example.

I guess Lori is ignoring news stories about the female fighter pilot from the UAE. And according to Lori, men went to war to fight the Nazis, but women weren't supposed to work outside the home to fill the jobs the men left. So it would have been alright for the Nazis to win as long as women stayed at home.

Well, gee, I just read in another thread and saw this mentioned. I think combining threads on fairly different topics is confusing. Can we pretty please separate out topics instead of tossing them together? Threads get unwieldy and it's easy to miss new topics.

I'll keep discussing this here unless a mod merges them.

Lori and Ken Alexander are pretty much a daily topic and I think inertia stops people from starting a new topic every day. It's easier to just keep talking about them in whatever thread is currently going on unless it gets really long or Kenori says something spectacularly stupid, offensive or dangerous.

Folks are free to start a new topic on them every new blog post if they wish. We won't merge them unless it's the exact same topic (ie: 2 topics started on the same blog post).

As a person who doesn't read every single center aligned (oh, I got 'banned' from her blog for suggesting that people find left aligned writing easier to read) blog post, I think I would find a single thread more difficult. Having separate posts for separate entries would mean we could discuss each blog post and why they are wrong, along with starting topics about their (messed up) relationship. But I also see the appeal of the single thread, although I rarely, if ever, click the mega threads.

I nicely addressed the all centered text with Ken when he was here. I even provided links so he could see it was not just me being snarky, but that I was offering actual helpful advice. As you can see it did no good. I can't stand reading that all centered text either.

Silly goose, women don't like sex.

Seriously, though, this chick is batshit.

And watch out, because she's watching:

And the response:

I'm sure that article is probably interesting (seriously), the problem is that Kenori doesn't understand that people that disagree with them are NOT "Internet Trolls." They are people that disagree with them. "Trolls" are a specific thing. Asking you questions that you don't want to answer doesn't make someone a troll.

This is not a bad idea.

I'm not seeing much downside here. Being vegetarian is better for the planet, and if done right, healthier. Lorken hate gays, so no gays should be a good thing. I guess everyone would be lesbians, (apparently less sinful?) which compared to "10 minutes and some lube" could be an improvement. Maybe this is Lori coming out of the prayer closet. My mind is seriously blown right now.

Of course Lori doesn't have a global view. She should visit Asia or Africa or South America or Eastern Europe where women have no problem slaughtering their livestock. People need to eat. Its a privilege to have food choices.

Most women are not the delicate flowers Lori envisions. Most work ridiculously hard inside and outside the home doing all sorts of dirty work and Lori won't ever be able to relate.

Funny, lori feels the EXACT SAME WAY about her children

Lori Alexander · 14 minutes ago

Yes, killing those things is easy to me. They are a nuisance, very small, and I have NO attachment to them! We don't have cockroaches, thank goodness.

So, this post created a bit of an ethical dilemna for me.

On one hand - Lori is clearly crazy here. Tons of women are involved in the process of turning animals into dinner. Doesn't Sarah Palin show off her hunting all the time? Is Lori claiming that she's part of some sort of satanic plot to undermine God's plan for gender roles?

OTOH - wait, am I actually defending Sarah Palin? Or hunting? I don't support either of these things (but for reason unrelated to my gender).

What's wrong with being vegetarian anyway? (I'm not one, as I don't really like a lot of dairy products or nuts etc, so I have to have meat in my diet as I wouldn't get enough protein if I didn't.) But I admire and respect anyone who can manage a vegetarian diet, providing they don't try and force their beliefs onto me! And yes to whoever pointed out that without men, lesbianism would be the only logical choice.

So, this post created a bit of an ethical dilemna for me.

On one hand - Lori is clearly crazy here. Tons of women are involved in the process of turning animals into dinner. Doesn't Sarah Palin show off her hunting all the time? Is Lori claiming that she's part of some sort of satanic plot to undermine God's plan for gender roles?

OTOH - wait, am I actually defending Sarah Palin? Or hunting? I don't support either of these things (but for reason unrelated to my gender).

Don't let SPHASH see your post. :lol:

Oh, Aunt Genny, always the fly in Lori's black salve.

I know post count titles are supposed to refer to the things that fundies say and do, but I think the things FJ'ers say are usually much funnier!

I know post count titles are supposed to refer to the things that fundies say and do, but I think the things FJ'ers say are usually much funnier!

That should be koala's custom title, IMO

I've killed my own chickens and processed them for dinner. The Amish actually do this often as well and I'm pretty sure pioneer women did too. As do many women in many other parts of the world. Chickens are easy to kill and you can be pretty humane about it. Or if you're talking hunting, there are plenty of female hunters and trappers, and even little girls set snares for rabbits and birds.

So sorry Lori, you're off your rocker as usual. Maybe if we ignore her she will stop with the trolling for more and more absurd things to say.

Archived