IGNORED

Lori says we should be like Sheep and Not Goats.

Ivycoveredtower

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not terribly often I can speak of my experience as a goat farmer as reason why a fundie is wrong, so I'm pleased for the opportunity.

It happens that goats raise kids and not lambs. Lambs, like all sheep, are not the brightest mammals. In comparison, goats are clever, independent thinkers and self assured. What I'm saying here is, goat mothers are excellent mothers to goat kids, probably not so much for lambs. Sheep mothers would likely be as inadequate with kids. Good thing humans usually mother human babies, which are like neither kids or lambs.

Furthermore (another goat farmer here) sheep are patriarchal, goats are matriarchal. And an 80 pound goat matriarch will win any battle of wits against a 300 sheep patriarch. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Ken.

I have a couple "goat people" as facebook friends, one of them for quite a few years now. If I could have a goat, I would be on that like white on rice. They really fascinate me and I love when she posts stories about her goats. She had one goat that lived inside with her for 14+ years because it was injured as a baby and she had to have it inside to take care of it as a baby and it just never left the house.

She has posted pictures of the goat sleeping in bed with her and said that you can actually house train a goat for peeing. Apparently they can't control bowel movements, but it's easy enough to sweep up their little pellet poops if they happen to be inside when they poop.

I have totally fallen in love with goats due to the friends I have that raise them.

I watched that new show Sheer Madness, which I posted about in WD, that followed a shepherdess and she seemed more fond of her goats than the sheep as well.

I have a couple "goat people" as facebook friends, one of them for quite a few years now. If I could have a goat, I would be on that like white on rice. They really fascinate me and I love when she posts stories about her goats. She had one goat that lived inside with her for 14+ years because it was injured as a baby and she had to have it inside to take care of it as a baby and it just never left the house.

She has posted pictures of the goat sleeping in bed with her and said that you can actually house train a goat for peeing. Apparently they can't control bowel movements, but it's easy enough to sweep up their little pellet poops if they happen to be inside when they poop.

I have totally fallen in love with goats due to the friends I have that raise them.

I watched that new show Sheer Madness, which I posted about in WD, that followed a shepherdess and she seemed more fond of her goats than the sheep as well.

I used to work at our local zoo. We had volunteers every morning who came out to walk the African pygmy goats. They are ADORABLE!!!! Get one.

Female sheep are called ewes (pronounced as "use" for this not familiar with farm animal).

Oh man did anyone see Dr. Phil today? A man spanked his wife for being "controlling" and not submissive. Lori would be ALL OVER THIS. He was all about the biblical life. It was so cabinet man like!

Goats however hide their babies in tall grasses and pretend they have no baby for most of the day while they forage. This makes fleeing from a predator a lot easier for them. Their herd tends to be more spread out, and if a predator arrives the whole group will scatter. It's a very different approach. The hidden baby knows to keep completely still, the predator would have to be very lucky and walk right into it to find it. The mum will come and visit it when she knows she isn't being followed, and give it a call that says "all clear" and then feed it. Kids (and calves) are very efficient feeders, they don't need much time to get all the nutrition they need.

White-tail deer do the same thing, and between the camouflage and the stillness, you have to almost step on one of the fawns before you see it or it moves. Works pretty well for them, obviously. (Okay, not so much if it's haying season and the fawns are hiding in a hay field when it's being mowed. That will occasionally end badly, and you don't know until it's too late.) The babies probably couldn't outrun or out-fight a predator, so hiding is the wisest thing.

Oh man did anyone see Dr. Phil today? A man spanked his wife for being "controlling" and not submissive. Lori would be ALL OVER THIS. He was all about the biblical life. It was so cabinet man like!

He's on the market too! If Godly Mentor Lori saw it, I could totally see her ditching Ken and hooking up with Mr. Just As Looney As Lori!

The phrase "walking in Truth" is so. effing. grating. Lorken is too holy to simply say "our children are Christians" or "our children share our faith." They have to be Real Christians In The Spirit Not the Flesh .

Archived