IGNORED

Lori says we should be like Sheep and Not Goats.

Ivycoveredtower

Looks like Aunt Genny has struck again:

Why do you say that Satan wants to devour our children? In the Biblical accounts he is an accuser, or a tempter, and does not make anyone do anything. Did Eve have to eat the fruit of the tree? Did Adam have to join her? Job said "No!" Jesus said "No!". Where was Satan when God created our universe, and us, in His image? I personally think of Satan as a pipsqueak, and totally NOT responsible for what we do....so who is?

It's been up for over half an hour, so I can only guess that Ken allowed it through so he can write another giant Wall 'o Text to patronisingly lecture her. :roll:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Aunt Genny has struck again:

It's been up for over half an hour, so I can only guess that Ken allowed it through so he can write another giant Wall 'o Text to patronisingly lecture her. :roll:

I'm suddenly reminded of I Cor. 3:2 : "I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready." Heb. 5:12 is also appropriate here: "In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!"

I'm afraid that Aunt Genny is casting her pearls of wisdom before the swiniest of swine, two malicious, malevolent people who wouldn't recognize a spiritual truth if it bit them in the butt.

I totally admit that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but heck, I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know what to make of her fudging stoopid comparisons.

It's like she heard the song about goats going to hell and sheep going to heaven on the radio (I think it's by Cake) and decided to make it fit. She doesn't even specify what kind of goats or sheep. Dall Sheep & Mountain Goats are so similar, I'm not sure that its entirely true that goats leave their kids behind to go forage. That doesn't make any sense. The kids have to eat too. And they live in groups - the males leave and roam about, the women and kids live together. As for Dall Sheep, they live in a similar way but I think they don't reproduce as quickly? I'm off to read about the differences in child rearing in sheep & goats, because I'm 90% sure Lori's version of research is to look at the top google hit of whatever she already believes.

Why does ken continue to call Genny "Jenny"? It's so rude.

Because he's a complete and total asshole ;) I wonder if he has ever written anything shy of a book. Jesus Christ, when does the man find the time to do anything else :shock:

It's not terribly often I can speak of my experience as a goat farmer as reason why a fundie is wrong, so I'm pleased for the opportunity.

It happens that goats raise kids and not lambs. Lambs, like all sheep, are not the brightest mammals. In comparison, goats are clever, independent thinkers and self assured. What I'm saying here is, goat mothers are excellent mothers to goat kids, probably not so much for lambs. Sheep mothers would likely be as inadequate with kids. Good thing humans usually mother human babies, which are like neither kids or lambs.

It's not terribly often I can speak of my experience as a goat farmer as reason why a fundie is wrong, so I'm pleased for the opportunity.

It happens that goats raise kids and not lambs. Lambs, like all sheep, are not the brightest mammals. In comparison, goats are clever, independent thinkers and self assured. What I'm saying here is, goat mothers are excellent mothers to goat kids, probably not so much for lambs. Sheep mothers would likely be as inadequate with kids. Good thing humans usually mother human babies, which are like neither kids or lambs.

Too bad either a goat or a sheep would make a better mother than Lori.

Thanks! Most people confuse mountain sheep and mountain goats around here, but because I'm weird, I had known there was difference. And my understanding was that Mountain Goats have black horns and are smarter and harder to find. Dall Sheep come out to lick at mineral deposits and cause traffic accidents on the highway. I'm glad to know that my very rudimentary understanding of Bovids isn't completely made up in my head.

And Ken composes the wall o'text to answer Aunt Genny's comment, complete with piss-poor biblical exegesis. He's on and on about how children's minds aren't completely formed until they are 18-25 and how they have to be "sheltered" from the "world". There's a big difference between providing direction and oversight as you let your child experience the world beyond the family home and being so totally enmeshed with your child that they can't decide how to wipe their butts without your supervision.

I'd like to know how I managed to raise three great kids and have a wonderful marriage without Lori's mentorship....ROFLMAO

I think that's why Lorken gets under my skin so much: they refuse to believe that anyone can be happy unless they do everything exactly as Lorken does them to the minute detail. Even being a Christian who believes in submission is not enough (Sheila). It's infuriating. And when you try to tell them that other people have happy, cooperative, joyful marriages without radical submission, they tell you you're wrong - you can't be happy because you're not us.

I think Ken's thrilled to have a slave. Sometimes I wonder of Lori is really happy, or if she's miserable and trying to make herself think she's happy. I believe people who are really happy wouldn't feel any need to say no one else can be as happy as they are unless being carbon copies. I'm in a happy marriage, and I think other people can be just as happy without having the exact same dynamic. Lori doesn't think doing different at all can mean others are happy.

I think Ken's thrilled to have a slave. Sometimes I wonder of Lori is really happy, or if she's miserable and trying to make herself think she's happy. I believe people who are really happy wouldn't feel any need to say no one else can be as happy as they are unless being carbon copies. I'm in a happy marriage, and I think other people can be just as happy without having the exact same dynamic. Lori doesn't think doing different at all can mean others are happy.

I agree...I don't think there's a "cookie-cutter" recipe for a happy marriage. Each couple deals with things in their own way, relates to each other in a unique way and negotiates marriage in a unique way. What works for me and the mister probably wouldn't work for another couple. Its one thing to relate advice in terms of "this is what we went through and this is how we worked it out" and quite another in terms of "this is the ONLY way to have a marriage". What works for us, works for us. That's it. The only thing married couples have in common with other married couples is that we're married.

And Ken composes the wall o'text to answer Aunt Genny's comment, complete with piss-poor biblical exegesis. He's on and on about how children's minds aren't completely formed until they are 18-25 and how they have to be "sheltered" from the "world". There's a big difference between providing direction and oversight as you let your child experience the world beyond the family home and being so totally enmeshed with your child that they can't decide how to wipe their butts without your supervision.

I'd like to know how I managed to raise three great kids and have a wonderful marriage without Lori's mentorship....ROFLMAO

Brain-development continues into the 20's, but if your mind stops developing, that means you've stopped taking in new information so it doesn't cha- Oh. That might explain why Lori shuns anything new.

They seem unable to view people as individuals. It seems to confuse them hence their exceptions. It seems that, just as all women should fulfill a very narrow, specific role, and all men should as well, then all children should be raised under the exact same conditions.

I'm not sure they care about happiness, or even if one child will thrive while another wilts as long as the legalistic rules they set forth are followed. Obeying their interpretation of the rules is more important to Ken and Lori than happiness of any individual.

She must be a fan of the band Cake. Because after all, Sheep Go to Heaven, Goats Go to Hell.

I assumed that part of the impetus behind the comparison, by the person from whom Lori stole it, (I haven't read it) was from Matthew 25:

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;

33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world'

Aw, thanks -- just for that, you get another cute goat pic:

PQzRunPl.jpg

Wheeeee!

I follow this woman on Instagram, real food Liz, and she has the cutest goats. She post videos of them and I have been know to watch them on repeat :P

I follow this woman on Instagram, real food Liz, and she has the cutest goats. She post videos of them and I have been know to watch them on repeat :P

Well now I have to look up her videos -- thanks!

Goats are so wonderful to watch.

Why does ken continue to call Genny "Jenny"? It's so rude.

I have an unusual name, but most people have no trouble spelling it once they know me. I find that people who...don't like what I'm saying...will often purposely misspell it (even after I have nicely asked them to stop doing so) because they seem to think it bothers me.

It's just a passive-aggressive jab. I think it's childish, myself.

On a list, I used to belong to there was one guy that I would routinely school that did purposely misspelled my name. It said more about him and his arguments than anything, IMO.

I think we are seeing the same kind of situation with Ken and Genny.

Too bad either a goat or a sheep would make a better mother than Lori.

A barracuda would make a better mother than Lori

I really have nothing of value to add. I'm just here to squeeeeee!!! at the goat babies. They're soooooo cute!!

And Lori and Ken Alexander are monsters.

I was just looking at some of Lori's older posts. Seems like Aunt Jenny isn't the only Aunt that's willing to call Lori on her nonsense:

2012:

Hi Lori,

Michelle Obama said her children were her most important job. (according to your quote) A husband is not a job. This didn't mean he is not the most important person in her life. Aunt R.

Archived