IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

It seems like Steve has just decided to marry off the boys and keep the girls home. I wonder if the Maxwell girls will never be allowed to get married because it entails sex and Steve might not want his girls to be sex objects.

Well, that and the fact that in most fundie patriarchal circles, women marry away and become fully another family's property, following that other family's headship, so it's possible that Steve-O is just unable to bear the idea of one of his kids no longer following Brand Steve but rather some other "denomination." With the boys, they pull in NEW members for the Cult of Steve, so it's not as much of a problem to "settle" for someone "not quite fundie enough" since you get to set their new path.

But yeah, the fact that he's still not married off any daughters was the first thing that came to my mind too. I'm sure it's a shock to Sarah that a younger sibling is married, but the blow is softened by it being a boy, I think. If Anna or Mary marries, that will be true shock and horror.

Well actually we don't know for a fact that is the same Elissa. That was speculation on my part.

I'm with you on the guess though - we KNOW that Steve-O has no problem editing the names of commenters on his website, and he doesn't want to have any of the "main players" in the actual posts have repeat names, to the point of coming up with "Anna Marie" and renaming her sister. If the courtship has really been brewing for a year, I'd think he would change any strange uninvolved "Elissa" commenters to some other name or even just "Miss E" to avoid conflict in the future.

Plus there's the weird comment on the Maxwell Irrigation site about them having experience in Central America. Just WTF? But perhaps they're counting Elissa as part of that business, and she's from Ecuador, so that's what it's about? I've only just seen the big announcement now and not finished this thread either, so I have no idea what her family does. Could they have anything to do with the farming or irrigation biz?

:popcorn2: Going to get a beer from the fridge...

So, Joe is now an adult and Sarah is still a child....

Yep. After all these years following various fundies, that's still one of the things about their entire worldview that irks me the most.

While on a walk, I realized what's off about Joseph. He looks like he is permanently doing the PeterBrady "pork chops and applesauce" thing with his mouth. :P

HA. Nailed it. I can't unsee it now...

I think Anna Marie is pretty, myself, frumpers and all.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried so many combos and I could not find anything.

Its possible they maxwellified her name too and she isn't really "Elissa" either.

Wouldn't it be something if her name turned out to be "Elisabeth"?

Wow. Steve really did keep this one locked down.

It really makes me wonder if someone did contact Elizabeth and tell her something that made her reconsider her engagement.

Please please please let them put up the wedding video

Wouldn't it be something if her name turned out to be "Elisabeth"?

Her name probably really is Elizabeth. And that's one of the reasons the courtship and engagement couldn't be announced because there would be too many questions about "Oh, I thought they broke up?'. He's probably just finally come up with a solution to her name in order to differentiate enough between engagement #1 and engagement #2. He didn't want to field any questions. And you bet they didn't post about the wedding until it was a done deal. Learned his lesson this last time.

She does have a bit of hispanic or central american look to her, but America is a melting pot, so who knows? She's pretty and looks way too relaxed to be marrying into Maxhell. I'm sure she'll be surprised what she'll find.

I'm trying, but not having any luck yet.

I will bet you the FR is short for Frankford

I have tried so many combos and I could not find anything.

Its possible they maxwellified her name too and she isn't really "Elissa" either.

I even tried Elisabeth. Nothing.

If anyone has access to any public records sites, see if you can search for an Elissa in Kentucky. It seems they got married in her home state. It's possible that if she is Latina, her name is really Maria, and they thought Maria was too close to Mary, so use her middle name (In this case, a search is nearly impossible to conduct). Or maybe her name is something like Elissabet, and they shorten it.

In any case, I think Steve is getting an erection watching us sleuth and fail miserably. Once again, he holds all the cards. *sigh* :roll:

I am so surprised he is married and even more surprised that no one new. But as another person here said it means there is hope for Sarah like maybe she is actually courting right now and we just don't know, ?

Well, Steve is certainly fearful, to have disguised his son's name in wedding-prep sites (gift registries, anyway). I thought that Perfect Love (ie,God's love for us in Christ) cast out all fear? No, then?

Now, as I understand it, Joseph and Elissa - if that IS her real name - will be at-home 0.6 miles from Maxhell Proper. Does that mean the obligatory and repetitious photos of morning and evening prayer time will now feature only the parents and five chidults?

I ask because perhaps Joseph and Elissa (ITIHRN) will be too distracted with doing what comes naturally to set themselves down for their own semi-daily Bible time. Not that Bible time isn't good. Bible time led by someone with no theological training nor oversight is downright dangerous.

Perhaps the new Mrs. Maxwell is used to the practice and *she* will be the one to insist upon it.

Well, we'll see, I suppose. I'm a sedentary old lady and their existence leaves even *me* feeling bored beyond hope.

Well give old Stevie credit for figuring out how to avoid anyone finding out about any future embarrassing broken engagements.

Just keep it on the down low 'till they're safely married.

If anyone has access to any public records sites, see if you can search for an Elissa in Kentucky. It seems they got married in her home state. It's possible that if she is Latina, her name is really Maria, and they thought Maria was too close to Mary, so use her middle name (In this case, a search is nearly impossible to conduct). Or maybe her name is something like Elissabet, and they shorten it.

In any case, I think Steve is getting an erection watching us sleuth and fail miserably. Once again, he holds all the cards. *sigh* :roll:

I was thinking her name is Maria as well. It's not unusual for a Latina woman named Maria to go by her middle name, so she could be Maria Elissa.

If they used the Fr for the bridal registration, then those probably are the first two letters of her last name. Otherwise, how would people be able to find the right couple on the registry?

If the Maxwells were a different sort of fundie family, my first guess would have been that Fr is for Fraser and that Joe married one of his cousins.

How does the new Mrs. Maxwell pronounce her name? Is it pronounced like Eh-liss-uh, or maybe Eh-lees-ah? I'm just wondering if she pronounces it in a way that's different from the spelling, like Ah-lees-ee-uh. I knew a woman who had a name like that once, she went around her whole life correcting people on it. At that rate, I'd probably just change the spelling or pronunciation just to save myself some grief.

Okay, this thread is giving me ads for picking up a second Muslim wife. :shock:

Since there is a new Maxwell bride, I thought of something random. Ever notice how we never hear about the the Maxwell brides ever spending time together without one of the other Maxwell women, i.e. Terri or Sarah? I mean, I wonder if they are allowed to go shopping alone together, even if they take the kids with them. I know they won't go out for coffee or lunch because that might entail fun but are they allowed to call the other up and invite them to go to Costco without one of the DNA based Maxwells? It would be nice if they could take Elissa out to welcome her and let her know the "rules" before Steve snaps at her for eating three animal crackers. I am so curious about the family dynamics in the sons' homes. I just wonder how far they push the boundries that Steve has set now that they are not living under his roof and if they hide it from them.

Well, Steve is certainly fearful, to have disguised his son's name in wedding-prep sites (gift registries, anyway). I thought that Perfect Love (ie,God's love for us in Christ) cast out all fear? No, then?

Now, as I understand it, Joseph and Elissa - if that IS her real name - will be at-home 0.6 miles from Maxhell Proper. Does that mean the obligatory and repetitious photos of morning and evening prayer time will now feature only the parents and five chidults?

I ask because perhaps Joseph and Elissa (ITIHRN) will be too distracted with doing what comes naturally to set themselves down for their own semi-daily Bible time. Not that Bible time isn't good. Bible time led by someone with no theological training nor oversight is downright dangerous.

Perhaps the new Mrs. Maxwell is used to the practice and *she* will be the one to insist upon it.

Well, we'll see, I suppose. I'm a sedentary old lady and their existence leaves even *me* feeling bored beyond hope.

I'm pretty sure that once they leave for marriage, they have family Bible time at their own homes. They might come around occasionally for extra special family Bible time, but that's about it.

The pictures will hence forth include only 5 "children".

I think it's going to get weirder and weirder in that house as the sons are married off. The ones left behind, I think, will have a hard time coping.

Since there is a new Maxwell bride, I thought of something random. Ever notice how we never hear about the the Maxwell brides ever spending time together without one of the other Maxwell women, i.e. Terri or Sarah? I mean, I wonder if they are allowed to go shopping alone together, even if they take the kids with them. I know they won't go out for coffee or lunch because that might entail fun but are they allowed to call the other up and invite them to go to Costco without one of the DNA based Maxwells? It would be nice if they could take Elissa out to welcome her and let her know the "rules" before Steve snaps at her for eating three animal crackers. I am so curious about the family dynamics in the sons' homes. I just wonder how far they push the boundries that Steve has set now that they are not living under his roof and if they hide it from them.

I was thinking about that. If they do something out of Maxwell guideline, they would have a hard time hiding it since Teri and the sisters randomly go over to the sons' houses to help the wives "clean".

If they had a news paper or an unapproved by Steve book, it would be reported back to him.

How will Steve and Terri cope with having one child in a bedroom? Unless John is kept around until he and Jesse can be married off simultaneously, they are going to have one chidult (love this!) left alone. They can't put chidults of the opposite sex together, no question. I suspect that whoever is the last to leave will find his bedroom door departing with his brother.

I wonder if the last unmarried child is going to be able to cope with not sharing a bedroom.

I guess they could cut a doorway between Steve and Terri's room and Sarah's!

I think Steve is feeling like the smuggest smuggerton in all smuggonia right about now! He got another one safely married off so courting and not touching and never being alone with your future spouse works. So there. He's right and we're wrong. Nah nah nah nah nah!!!

Whatevs Stevie Smug.

How will Steve and Terri cope with having one child in a bedroom? Unless John is kept around until he and Jesse can be married off simultaneously, they are going to have one chidult (love this!) left alone. They can't put chidults of the opposite sex together, no question. I suspect that whoever is the last to leave will find his bedroom door departing with his brother.
probably :lol: and they clean for the married children? So creepy! I've had to keep crap around from my MIL because i was afraid i'd hurt her feelings if it disappeared, but my goodness. No thanks on the cleaning help from overbearing control freaks. They probably even look into drawers. :pull-hair:

I'm in the mood to do a little sleuthing, so I'm making my attempt to identify her too. No progress so far, but I can report that the Maxwells created the josephandelissa.com website/domain name on April 10 of this year.

Refresh the link to the blog.

[attachment=0]josephandelissa.jpg[/attachment]

Pictures aren't always easy to judge, but to me, in this picture, she looks older than him, do you think that's possible?

edit....I guess I can't get the picture to copy over...sorry.

Wow. That looks like a normal wedding website and those are really close to normal engagement photos. Maybe things are going to change for Joseph's household? Maybe she's just a normal girl???

I wonder if Elissa's family spent anytime in Kansas like NR Anna's family did.

If they did, I hope that they weren't forced into a cabinet cleaning party like the Hamilton family seemed to be.

titus2.com/2010/07/11/what-a-visit/

Archived