IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

Since there is a new Maxwell bride, I thought of something random. Ever notice how we never hear about the the Maxwell brides ever spending time together without one of the other Maxwell women, i.e. Terri or Sarah? I mean, I wonder if they are allowed to go shopping alone together, even if they take the kids with them. I know they won't go out for coffee or lunch because that might entail fun but are they allowed to call the other up and invite them to go to Costco without one of the DNA based Maxwells? It would be nice if they could take Elissa out to welcome her and let her know the "rules" before Steve snaps at her for eating three animal crackers. I am so curious about the family dynamics in the sons' homes. I just wonder how far they push the boundries that Steve has set now that they are not living under his roof and if they hide it from them.

Wait what? You mean Melanie and NRAnna can't go out to lunch together unless a "real" Maxwell goes with them? Seriously?

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait what? You mean Melanie and NRAnna can't go out to lunch together unless a "real" Maxwell goes with them? Seriously?

It wouldn't surprise me. They aren't of the bloodline so it's possible they could speak about the bloodline in less than favorable ways and even conspire to try to change something in Operations -- you know, like unionize or something. Nope, probably always have to have at least one REAL Maxwell along, and it probably wouldn't be Sarah without Teri, either.

It wouldn't surprise me. They aren't of the bloodline so it's possible they could speak about the bloodline in less than favorable ways and even conspire to try to change something in Operations -- you know, like unionize or something. Nope, probably always have to have at least one REAL Maxwell along, and it probably wouldn't be Sarah without Teri, either.

During their recent "vacation" in Colorado, weren't Mel and NRAnna alone together (with their children) while all the Maxwells related by blood were away climbing a mountain?

During their recent "vacation" in Colorado, weren't Mel and NRAnna alone together (with their children) while all the Maxwells related by blood were away climbing a mountain?

Gigi was with them.

Well, we riffraff have been blessed with the merest snippet of news this morning, courtesy of the Maxhell blog comments!:

Shell says:

September 7, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Are we going to have the pleasure of meeting Elissa on this trip you’re currently taking? Looking forward to seeing you soon.

>>>>>>>>

They are on their honeymoon.

ETA: Thus far, the word "sweet" has been used only three times by commenters. C'mon, folks, step it up!! :lol:

I always thought that. Maybe something happened right before the wedding & she knew it was not for her.

I always leaned more toward this. That something happened (or the final straw after a number of things) just before the wedding. It could have been running up against the Maxwell crazy over wedding arrangements, house decorating, finding out that she would not be allowed to do certain things or bring certain things with her, something like that. It could have been a simple case of cold feet, not wanting to leave her family. Maybe she wasn't comfortable with the whole courtship business, that she didn't know Joseph well enough to marry him. Her sister Amanda didn't look to be following the fundie ways too closely when she got married later on, so that's possible. Whatever the reason(s), she was pretty smart to back out.

To be fair, calling off a wedding a week before is going to be a major shock to the those on the receiving end and their families, even if it's Maxhell. Though in Maxhell, the shock will be even greater because you know, courtship is supposed to work.

I find it interesting that for a family that built their brand that courtship is the way to go, that they a) have two failed courtships / engagements and that b) they had to go the route of keeping this one secret. Does beg the question if there were more and I believe that Sarah has had her share of interested suitors but they have been driven off.

She's attractive in their wedding photo, in a very natural, simple way. She doesn't even appear to be wearing makeup, which is unusual for fundie brides.

Her dress is typical fundie style. It appears that she added an extra layer of material to the already-modest neckline. I wonder where they went for their honeymoon.

I think it is also about hiding things from supporters. Steve has learned that even after he a approves a woman to be a Maxwell wife there is a chance she might run at the very last moment. Three failed courtships would sink their little business. I won't be surprised if from now on all courtships and weddings are kept hidden until after the vows have been made.

And the Muncks were supporters that were newly fundie and seemed to be very gung-ho on the Maxwells. So here's a family who were true believers and it still didn't work out with their daughter. That had to seriously rock Steveovah's world. Plus he knows there's the site out there that talks about the crazy, whether or Muncks' saw it or not. He had to be completely paranoid after that.

I don't think it's about hiding stuff from a spouse. They want to keep us(FJ) away from any potential spouse. Some at FJ take credit for ending the Munck/Maxwell relationship. I don't know why everyone assumes that the Muncks didn't know anything about the Maxwells. They went to conferences hosted by the Maxwell and internet access. I think FJ scared the Muncks, but I bet there are other reasons the engagement was called off.

I think the secrecy around this engagement/wedding has a helluvalot more to do with Steve's need to protect his brand from another failed courtship. When Elizabeth did a last minute bunk Steve's sheep must have asked questions, not just FJ.

I doubt FJ had anything to do with ending the Munck/Maxwell nuptials, nor do I remember anyone from FJ contacting the Muncks.* The Muncks definitely knew the Maxwells and must have picked up on their beliefs at their conferences. Something scared Elizabeth off at the last minute, but I seriously doubt it was FJ snark. She may simply have decided that she wasn't ready for marriage, or seen for herself what marriage into the family would be like just by reading the Titus 2 blog.

Let's not over-exaggerate FJ's ability to scare people either. FJ isn't scary to Steve Maxwell at all. If anything, he loves the attention he gets from us. He uses it to promote his siege mentality approach to "protecting the family" from all outside influences.

That said, the secrecy surrounding this wedding is quite amazing. Can you imagine the WTF reactions of any main-stream wedding guests to this: "Pssst! Elissa's getting married to a mystery man. It's so secret! Here's the date. Here's the registry. We can't use her full name or the full name of the groom because Persecution!!!!eleventy!!!!! from internet snarkers.

Pathetic and bordering on insanity.

* People may confuse Liz with the cautioning email some FJer sent to the Disharoon bride. She married him anyway.

Whatever Elizabeth's reason for backing out was, it was one of the boldest moves ever made by a girl in fundieland. Engagements are supposed to be done deals as far as they are concerned. The only thing left is to have the ceremony, but the couple is basically "married" already. The fact that she backed out took major cojones. I think that if it was just a simple case of cold feet, she would have been pressured into going through with the marriage, but I think there was something more.

I sorta hope there are more exes and that one of them decides to publicly alert the fundie community about the perils of the Maxwell family. That would be :popcorn2:

Gigi was with them.

Gigi is not a blood Maxwell- or a Maxwell at all - and wears pants and goes on cruises. This whole idea is speculation and doesn't really seem realistic to me at all.

I doubt FJ had anything to do with ending the Munck/Maxwell nuptials, nor do I remember anyone from FJ contacting the Muncks.* The Muncks definitely knew the Maxwells and must have picked up on their beliefs at their conferences. Something scared Elizabeth off at the last minute, but I seriously doubt it was FJ snark. She may simply have decided that she wasn't ready for marriage, or seen for herself what marriage into the family would be like just by reading the Titus 2 blog.

I well remember the mega thread that resulted after word came out about Liz calling it off. I don't remember any FJ'er saying they contacted the Muncks and I believe that if someone did, they would have in all likelihood owned up to it. I agree it's probably being confused with the Disharoon wedding or just speculation run amok.

The Titus 2 blog has been in existence for years. I find it highly, highly doubtful that that the Muncks wouldn't have read it and gobbled up every word. They attended the conferences and certainly the Maxwells would have been very nice to them if for no other reason because they were customers as well as supporters. The Muncks probably had a perception of the Maxwells as being a good, godly family, which is, exactly what Steveovah wants to project. However, marrying into the family was probably a totally different experience, i.e, they/Liz ran head on into the Maxwell crazy and got a well-timed dose of reality. I still think something happened to scare Liz and it was probably not just cold feet, but who knows.

ETA: I highly doubt that the Muncks found FJ either or if they did, it wasn't a factor. However, I can see Steveovah being just a teensy bit worried about it and that would be enough for him. This is a guy who wants 100% assurance and even getting 99% bothers him.

And poor Rebecca Eleventy -- I think she probably was still holding out that Joseph would some day be hers. Must have come as quite a shock to her.

I wonder if some of the faithful blog readers will not be happy that the Maxwells didn't share this major life event prior to it taking place. There's almost a feeling of commenters being fooled when reading the comments.

They don't owe the blog readers this information, but between Joseph's marriage, and the death of Steve and Teri's parents, it's like the Maxwells have gotten even weirder and more secretive, if that's even possible.

They are always asking for prayers for the stupidest things, and their readers always respond.

From reading the comments over the years, it seems like a lot of their readers feel like they know them personally, even if they've never met.

A marriage, and two deaths in the family are not things usually kept from friends. Unless, of course, those friends are really nothing more than paying customers.

I emailed with Laura shortly after Elizabeth and Joseph's marriage was called off. I didn't ask for details as to what happened, but Laura certainly seemed happy that her daughter didn't marry him. Whatever the issue was, Liz seems to have had her parents' full support in calling it off.

I wonder if some of the faithful blog readers will not be happy that the Maxwells didn't share this major life event prior to it taking place. There's almost a feeling of commenters being fooled when reading the comments.

They don't owe the blog readers this information, but between Joseph's marriage, and the death of Steve and Teri's parents, it's like the Maxwells have gotten even weirder and more secretive, if that's even possible.

They are always asking for prayers for the stupidest things, and their readers always respond.

From reading the comments over the years, it seems like a lot of their readers feel like they know them personally, even if they've never met.

A marriage, and two deaths in the family are not things usually kept from friends. Unless, of course, those friends are really nothing more than paying customers.

Ding, ding, ding!

Well, we riffraff have been blessed with the merest snippet of news this morning, courtesy of the Maxhell blog comments!:

ETA: Thus far, the word "sweet" has been used only three times by commenters. C'mon, folks, step it up!! :lol:

Why not "They're on their honeymoon"? The replies just sound so robotic.

This family just really seems to take the cake on the weird factor. I had heard of the Maxwell's from family, but FJ is giving me a whole new perspective.

Why not "They're on their honeymoon"? The replies just sound so robotic.

Robotic and snotty. "How dare you ask!"

Who's the second thought I had after reading that – doesn't say they are away on their honeymoon. They could be honeymooning in a rented car following along behind the bus o'doom. Taking motel rooms at night, or accepting indulgent invitations from dear, sweet fans in the target towns.

Who's the second thought I had after reading that – doesn't say they are away on their honeymoon. They could be honeymooning in a rented car following along behind the bus o'doom. Taking motel rooms at night, or accepting indulgent invitations from dear, sweet fans in the target towns.

Their what some may call a honeymoon is probably being spent moving all her crap into the Beige Palace back near the compound. They'll be sightseeing along the way (rest stops, truck stops, the occasional slow-vehicle turnout). There shall be no luxury vacation when there's work to be done.

Steve probably gave them a schedule for their honeymoon.

"Wake up Elissa, 5am is Bible time, and after that 7am til 7:15 is sex time, and then we have to clean the hotel room"

Waiting for the day a daughter-in-law runs into the living room at Bible Time & sits down first in Steve's recliner.

Yes, it will be a long wait, but one can dream...

And it doesn't really even answer the question! The Maxwells are going to be on the road for several weeks, can't imagine Joseph and Elissa will be on their honeymoon that entire time. Will they go home afterwards, or join "the rest" at some point?

I'm most concerned about the annual Maxwell Christmas photo.

What will do now that they can't have a symmetrical 2 males and 1 female on one side, and 2 females and 1 male on the other side?

Archived