IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are ppl seeing the engagement pics? I can only see the official wedding picture on the tit2 site.

I don't think for a minuet they where engaged, It was kept a secret so we us FJ's didn't contact Mrs Munk like last time! :wink-penguin:

The joyless image is the image they have. The secrets they keep? They aren't that the family is out having fun...it's things that hurt the brand or them. I hope the motivation for keeping this a secret was because Joseph asked them too after the Elizabeth thing. And keep in mind it is almost exactly two years since he would have married Elizabeth.

I don't think this secret from the blog readers indicates that perhaps they are more like what KISA claimed the Botkins and Phillips where what they preach and what they do are different. the maxwells are exactly what they preach. You really can't draw any other conclusion when you consider everything.

Where are ppl seeing the engagement pics? I can only see the official wedding picture on the tit2 site.

Josephandelissa.com

Eta: oops I said john not joseph

They're on the couple's website, josephandelissa.com

Is this another virgin sacrificed to Maxhell?

:cry:

We know from her blog comments that she's bilingual and has traveled to at least one foreign country. She attends a church with other people who are not related to her and are not in wheelchairs. In other words, she's a globe-trotting sophisticate, at least in Maxwell terms, and she's about to be shut up in a box in Leavenworth, KS for the REST OF HER LIFE.

I see one of two futures for them.

1. Her family continues to play a big part in her life. Perhaps they're both invited along on the next trip to South America and Joseph gets to see a new part of the world and has his horizons broadened a little. He grows a little and changes for the better. There's conceivably a happy future here.

2. Misery and eventual divorce.

:cry:

We know from her blog comments that she's bilingual and has traveled to at least one foreign country. She attends a church with other people who are not related to her and are not in wheelchairs. In other words, she's a globe-trotting sophisticate, at least in Maxwell terms, and she's about to be shut up in a box in Leavenworth, KS for the REST OF HER LIFE.

I see one of two futures for them.

1. Her family continues to play a big part in her life. Perhaps they're both invited along on the next trip to South America and Joseph gets to see a new part of the world and has his horizons broadened a little. He grows a little and changes for the better. There's conceivably a happy future here.

2. Misery and eventual divorce.

Well actually we don't know for a fact that is the same Elissa. That was speculation on my part.

You know, this silence could have easily been Joseph's and Elissa's choice. They may just have not wanted the fundie wedding as a testimony to Jebus hoopla. Or he may have been gunshy after Elizabeth. And I really wonder if the Elizabeth's fleeing the altar had more to do with the fact that she was not brought up with superfundie powers, but instead had a relatively normal conservative Christian life before she was 16 and may have easily had doubts about the courtship "model" rather than any sort of contact with the family.

Steve is missing golden opportunities, though, to talk about death and rebirth with all the family happenings these days!

And 'fess up, Kate B!

From the comments:

"Congratulations and celebrations

with jubilations

Cliff"

What, no Kylie anymore, John Hugh? :wink-kitty:

Well actually we don't know for a fact that is the same Elissa. That was speculation on my part.

I think you nailed it, though. My best friend has that spelling of Elissa and it is super uncommon. Alyssa is much more common. I would be surprised to find that spelling twice, considering how limited their universe is. If there are no more "elissa" comments on the blog, considering Elissa has posted in all major life events posts for the last year, then we will know!

From the comments:

"Congratulations and celebrations

with jubilations

Cliff"

What, no Kylie anymore, John Hugh? :wink-kitty:

Cliff Richard?! How did I not catch that? :P

I think it's likely. We just tend to take supposition and run with it here.

And I agree with your post above that. I hope the radio silence on this was for Joseph and Elissa and their idea.

I am surprised at how nice the engagement website it compared to their other sites. I do think it is pretty. I wonder who designed it?

I have to say, I feel very sorry for that poor women. I wonder, if she knows what she got herself into? I just hope Joseph is a bit kinder and not as crazy as his father.

I am surprised at how nice the engagement website it compared to their other sites. I do think it is pretty. I wonder who designed it?

Yeah I thought about that myself as many of the design elements are sort of the cool thing to do right now.

This would explain why Joe's previous engagement was scrubbed from his blog. I wonder if Elisse was even told about it.

Cliff Richard?! How did I not catch that? :P

John Hugh my sincere congratulations.

:happy-jumpeveryone:

By fundie standards, that's a really pretty dress. I'm not wild about the cut of the sleeves, but at least the beading continues onto them and the modesty panel is made of the same material as the top layer of the skirt; it actually looks like it may have been designed that way, rather than clumsily altered.

Sarah's writing is really making me cringe, though. "The story with details will come later of their beautiful relationship". I can't believe people pay money for the Moody books. An eight-year-old has better syntax.

Or could the "beautiful relationship" phrase be Sarah throwing shade at her brother.

Wow, I don't log in for a day and come back to this!

Color me suprised and yet not surprised. After the mortifying experience with Liz Munck bailing at the 11th hour, it's totally understandable that they would keep it on the hush. Could have been Joe's preference or Steve's or both. And seriously it's been two years since the cancelled wedding so timeframe would be enough for Joe to get over losing pieces of his heart and move on. Sorta like in real life. Just like if he and Liz had dated.

Interesting that she doesn't look like the NR-Anna type, would have thought he might have found another NR-Anna type this time around.

because it's just too cruel to deprive a son of the experience of sex and a family but it's fine to deny a daughter a chance to fulfill the only destiny for which she's been trained her entire life? :angry-banghead: that is, being a wife and mom, and yes, enjoying a love life.

sorry if i sound bitter... just have had too many fundie friends who didn't get the chance to live a life of their own because they were kept under a rock or the dad never allowed relationships to develop.

It does seem fundies are more willing to let go of their sons versus daughters. I think that a) daddies cannot not fathom transferring his authority over a daughter versus a son is expected from the start to become his own headship in his own right and b) purity culture, they are giving away their daughter's purity to someone and even if sex is only sanctioned in marriage, they still have hangups about that.

To the bolded, I was thinking the same thing. They just did not want another embarrassment. That said, I think not showing the courtship will look weird to some of their followers. Almost looks like they have something to hide.

Also, does this mean they won't announce courtships or engagements anymore, just marriages? That would be very odd.

"The Lord laid it upon Daddy's our hearts to keep it secret sacred"

I think however what we know about their isolation is exactly that. Basically we need to think of Occam's razor. We know what they think of fun and Pepsi and animal crackers. We see the silted writing and the explanation of things that are mundane as exciting. We aren't hearing about the deaths and the marriages, but they seem to indicate we will hear the backstory on this one.

There is no reason to believe they are not isolated and creepy. Everything points to it.

I would hope, for their "childrens" sake, that is not the case... but it is probably true.

I am looking forward to hearing the backstory but you can bet your bottom dollar that they will spin this into how courtship still does really work. :roll:

Oh and isn't this all just in time before they do their fall conferences? Just like last time, amirite?

1. Holy Shit!

2. It may have been Joseph's desire to keep this private after his last failed venture into marriage, but how did the Maxwells explain that to the bride?

3. At least this bride will introduce color into Joseph's beige house with the red bedding and kitchen equipment. I'm shocked.

4. Are the blog readers going to be told that the reason for radio silence was Persecution !!!!Eleventy!!!!!?

5. Is this poor young woman's honeymoon going to be spent on Uriah as a prop for the Courtship, Dourtship, Betrothal or Whatever presentation?

Color me cynical, but the timing of this "Surprise!" wedding announcement just as they kick off Energize Conference schedule strikes me as cold-bloodedly planned by Steve.

Oooh look! They are going to be in NH again just outside Nashua. September 19-20th Nashua/Merrimack, New Hampshire Energize! I doubt I could infiltrate again so soon but it's an easy ride from Boston, ME and CT for interested FJers there.

Archived