IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

I am seriously impressed by your sleuthing skills! I've been working on this ever since the news broke, and haven't been able to find a thing. Pretty please, share your search strategy? (Begged the librarian...) :worship:

Being a librarian is my dream job. Alas, I obtained an MPA instead.

I was determined to find her. I figured being from the general area had to give me some advantage in figuring it out; my SO's parents live about 5 miles from the church. Hell I was halfway decided to attend the church next week to try and figure it out. I live roughly a half hour from it so it was doable.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the fruitless basic google searches, I started searching her first name only with towns in the area. The church is halfway between Georgetown and Frankfort (I'm from the area, I know exactly where it is) so I googled both of those and then the counties.

I started adding terms like homeschool and other things, no dice. Then I remembered some pretty fundie SBC families I know were involved in 4H and hit the jackpot.

After that it was easy. I searched county property records to find people with that last name in the county and google confirmed which names went together.

Very good!

I think you probably made steam come out of Steve's ears.

They live in Georgetown in a house less than 10 miles from the church where they were married. Father is Bruce, mother is Angela.

She also won a 4H award for a red wool coat (does Steve allow red?) in 2010: http://4-h.ca.uky.edu/state_fair

ETA she can't be older than 23 because you age out of 4H at 18. Depending on her birthday I'm granting she could be up to 23.

I am majorly creeped out that a Maxwell bride lived within spitting distance of me. And that the whole fam damily was here. Near me.

Hey Kylolo, neighbor!

And...scene! Joke's on you, Steve! We here at FJ are one smart bunch. What did it take, 48 hours to figure out who she is (hats off, Kylolo!).

I'm sure he's furious! What I want to know is why Steve would allow any of his children marry someone who comes from what is likely a Catholic family. I'll bet there was some talk about that. Either way, their kids ought to be really cute.

Being a librarian is my dream job. Alas, I obtained an MPA instead.

I was determined to find her. I figured being from the general area had to give me some advantage in figuring it out; my SO's parents live about 5 miles from the church. Hell I was halfway decided to attend the church next week to try and figure it out. I live roughly a half hour from it so it was doable.

:lol: You'll probably come out way ahead with the MPA!!

Outstanding detective work. Being a local certainly helps - I believe in using every scrap of knowledge to get to a correct answer. Welcome to FJ! :clap:

And I'm right there with whoever said there must be steam coming out of Stevehovah's ears. I'd pay handsomely to be a mouse in a corner of Maxhell right about now (but only if there were a certain escape route!) :nenner:

Some of us think/thought she or her family was from Central or South America because she (presumed it was her, someone posting as 'Elissa") posted on the Maxwell's blog several times in the past year, often in Spanish and sometimes with English translation. At least once her english translation was grammatically awkward which made me suspect that Spanish was her native tongue. She also mentioned once that she was posting from Ecuador. In hindsight it could have been that she was there on a mission trip? And the awkward grammar just happens sometimes.

Hey -- unless 'Ecuador' is a town in Kentucky? :lol: :lol:

Add me to the list of those who are very, very impressed with your sleuthing skills, kylolo!

I'm away for 3 days and a SECRET Maxwell wedding happens??!!?!?!???!11111 Whaaaaaaaaaaat??????

So were they basically on vacation eating bean burritos while the bride was quickly throwing a wedding together? Ridic.

Some of us think/thought she or her family was from Central or South America because she (presumed it was her, someone posting as 'Elissa") posted on the Maxwell's blog several times in the past year, often in Spanish and sometimes with English translation. At least once her english translation was grammatically awkward which made me suspect that Spanish was her native tongue. She also mentioned once that she was posting from Ecuador. In hindsight it could have been that she was there on a mission trip? And the awkward grammar just happens sometimes.

Hey -- unless 'Ecuador' is a town in Kentucky? :lol: :lol:

Add me to the list of those who are very, very impressed with your sleuthing skills, kylolo!

If she were there on a mission trip, that would automatically make her a heathen in Maxhell, though. They don't read and they don't go on mission trips.

If her parents are Bruce & Angela Frost, it appears Angela has a brother Robert Presuto who is the superintendent of the board of education in Secaucus NJ.

It appears her mom came from an Italian Catholic family from NY.

Angela Presuto is a disgrace to my people. lol

I'm finding the Presuto clan on facebook. Just a matter of time before I find out that we share a mutual friend. Never fails when you're Italian and in an hour or two distance from each other. An Italian woman from NY is tough. I don't know how the mother let herself become so weak.

Talk about going in opposite directions. Elissa's mom Anglea homeschooled her (presumably) and her own brother (Elissa's uncle) is a superintendent of a public school district!!

Kylolo

May I nominate you for the (yet to be established) FJ Hall of Fame.

I'm not sure whether you get the nomination for best first post ever or best sleuthing ever. But you win in both categories!

I'm stunned.

And steam is seriously coming out of Stevehovah's ears right now! :lol:

By the great balls of Tamuz, our heads are bowed down in homage to you, Kylolo! :worship: :bow-yellow: :bow-blue: :bow-yellow: :worship:

You win the "Best First Post"

I can't get into a link any otherways? Photo posted here? She quilts? Is that on the link? I'm liking her now!!

My comment didn't get published..it said:

So johns still on the market, right? :shrug:

I think private info. can be paraphrased though, right?

I believe it depends on what the private info is. If it's a lengthy, heartfelt post about something very personal, no. But a simple "Her name is X and she is from Y. Her family is into ATI and she has a brother who works at Gothard headquarters" would probably be okay.

What is Intelius?

She's got an awful lot of heathen connections, I am surprised Stevo allowed this.

Well, I hope she is happy with her lot. At least their house isn't as close as Nathan's and Christopher's - that will give them some privacy.

Archived