IGNORED

Ben Living With the Duggars - MERGE

LogansMama

Ben's birthday is May 19, 1995. Found it on Ben Seewald and Jessa Duggar fan page on FB.

Jesus Christ, this kid is just a couple months younger than my little brother, and he's getting MARRIED?! What the ever loving fuck? :cray-cray:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

I really think Ben's made a huge mistake, but he's young and can't see it yet. Like others have pointed out, he was in school, with a job - he was going to (presumably) make something of himself. Now what is he doing, cleaning Boob's gutters and lusting after his Fiancee? A little piece of me feels bad for him. Not necessarily for the situation that he's put himself in, but more for all the wasted potential - he had school, work, etc, now what the fuck does he have? :shrug:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad thing is, and I'm wondering if this is one of Seewald Senior's complaints, is that it doesn't have to be like this. What makes Ben a loser is the fact that he is allowing himself to be trained like a seal to perform at Jim Bob's command. He doesn't have to be living in a storage unit, dependent entirely on Jim Bob's money and goodwill. He already had what he needed to be self-supporting. Ben had a job, he was in school, and he had his windshield repair business.

The only reason he's doing any of this is because Jessa is the promised light at the end of the tunnel. Problem is, in a few years time, he's gonna figure out that in between his father-in-law keeping a stranglehold over any decisions made in his married life and the potential for a wife who is indifferent to him after their initial passion cools, Ben will be absolutely miserable.

He should have listened to his dad, stayed where he was, and moved Jessa there. The only reason I can think of he's doing any of this is because he was afraid he'd lose Jessa by not giving in to Jim Bob's demands.

Would Jim bib really risk a broken courtship? There's nothing to be scared of. JB loves money and whoring out other people. And after marriage where would jessa and Ben live? Would JB provide a home. Poor jessa is still under daddy's rules

Yes. The Duggars built a real guesthouse, which is not where Bin is paying his penance to Boob. I believe that they filmed the "dish" segments of the Dishing with the Duggar segments in the guest house. There are some violins on the walls, but it's too small to be the TTH, not to mention, they don't have a light tan loveseat. Cameras kind of pan around the area and it looks much smaller, so I'm guessing this would be where the Whites stayed.

eta: Bin was a honeymoon baby. His parents and I share an exact anniversary: 8/6/94. Do the math. :D

Another odds and ends issue that I don't feel like quoting: w/r/t Boob losing money if he kicks out tenants for Bin and Blessa to live in Smuggar's old house. Raise your hand if you think SMUGGAR paid rent! Nope, didn't think so. They don't expect that house to be a constant revenue stream for them; it's only been one for the past year. Shraderfriend claimed they were on a month to month tenancy, which is one part of the story I believed; I can totes see Boob making tenants sign a month to month agreement just so he CAN kick them out and move his kids in. I really think that's what is going on here, and I bet the tenants have just been given their notice so Bin can start fixing up that house. Not to mention, they have a place to store their registry loot, which is already starting to come in.

Thanks.

LOL @ the other post about eye sex. What a bunch of weirdos.

Jesus Christ, this kid is just a couple months younger than my little brother, and he's getting MARRIED?! What the ever loving fuck? :cray-cray:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

I really think Ben's made a huge mistake, but he's young and can't see it yet. Like others have pointed out, he was in school, with a job - he was going to (presumably) make something of himself. Now what is he doing, cleaning Boob's gutters and lusting after his Fiancee? A little piece of me feels bad for him. Not necessarily for the situation that he's put himself in, but more for all the wasted potential - he had school, work, etc, now what the fuck does he have? :shrug:

thinking about sex and having the girl of your dreams right in front you does that to people :mouse-shock: Ben is Jim Bob's puppet. I bet Jim Bob sees a lot of himself in Ben. I think Ben has his eyes of the prize. And once married will have jessa forever, since divorce is not an option.

So, this is what Jessa believes is a "man" to marry??? No job; except the one her father found for this kid. No home of their own; which I thought was a requirement in Gotthard world for a husband. He's a loser, Jessa and you picked him!

I don't think Jessa necessarily wants to marry him but she definely wants to bang him and get the hell put of her servitude so she has only the one option.

I don't think Jessa necessarily wants to marry him but she definely wants to bang him and get the hell put of her servitude so she has only the one option.

Yeah, this latest video has me convinced that she wants to jump him. Badly. I think they are both just awkward on camera and she isn't comfortable with PDAs, which is why it has come across as if they don't really like each other.

Today dishing with the Duggars showed Josh courting and proposing to Anna. What a huge difference between Josh/Anna and Ben /Jessa. I'm no Josh fan but he was so proud of his proposal and his 1/2 carat ring. Gator landing was cheesy but it was realistic and you could tell Josh planned it. Josh followed the rules and courted long distance for 2 years.

Now we have Ben that can suddenly afford a bigger ring & elaborate proposal. Ben isn't able to travel 3 hours or court over the phone like Josh. What a difference 5 years makes!

Jessa posted a Bible verse on Instagram, which I think is aimed at all the "haters". I guess she must've seen the comments on the People article. I think she and Ben are both aware of all the criticism they are receiving about their relationship. I wonder how this will affect their marriage? I can see Ben being controlling, just to prove to everyone (including himself) that although he's young and naive, he's still the mature, smart "HEADSHIP" of the Jessa and the little Seewalds.

I wonder how Jessa's feeling about all of this. This has got to be in embarrassing for both of them. The world is laughing at them. They know that Derrick was given a "fast-pass" into marriage and they know why. I wonder if she has expressed frustration to her parents or at least her sisters. I wonder if the couple has discussed this.

I blame Jim Bob. He's the headship so the blame is on him. I can't blame Ben; he's a normal 19 year old- he's (reportedly) in school, he (was) working, and he saw a pretty girl and wanted to date her and obviously, get laid (after marriage). He didn't do anything wrong; this is normal. And I don't blame Jessa, either. This is her first boyfriend. She's been taught to the believe that father knows best, and he approved Ben, so she dived in. She probably still believes that father knows best and they will marry when God allows.

I think Jim Bob sees himself in Ben. JB was young when he married, with a high school diploma, no degree. JB knows he didn't have a house or a high paying job prior to marrying Michelle. So I think that's why he allowed the courtship. He didn't want to be a hypocrite (LOL yeah right). :roll: I don't think he thought this through when he approved Ben, otherwise, this'll be a 4 year courtship. He should've allowed them to be friends until he proved himself to be a provider, or denied the courtship altogether (and never told Jessa) I think in the future, JB will learn his lesson and approve guys who are READY to marry.

**EDITED AGAIN TO ADD:

I WONDER IF THE "BEN MOVES IN" EPISODE WILL BE CONVENIENTLY BE EDITED OUT OR NEVER SHOWN BASED ON THE FEEDBACK FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

Boob did have a house prior to marrying Michelle AND a job! He was working in a grocery store stocking shelves and bought a small home for the two of them. Ben has neither.

I don't know about the US, but isn't it more usual that you don't have a house right away? Apartment, ok - but a house? Those things are pricey where I live!

I know they preach all this shit, but if they were just a "normal" family, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if rich business daddy gave his little darling's boyfriend a job? I know a Christian family (just average, no nutjobs) who did it with an (ex)boyfriend just because "that poor slacker may never find a job, let's do him a favour!".

Worst [art is, if Jessa and Jill are still living nearby, even with husbands, they aren't really out of servitude. We seen pics of Jill taking some of the little girls out on errands and for lunch. I think this is really sweet - they've got their one-on-one time with their favorite grown buddy, and it makes the littles feel special.

But what about the days when Ben and Derick are at work, and both ladies are at home and have made other plans? It's really irritating to think of Michelle calling them both up and saying, "Hey, come over and help clean out a room/ wrangle howlers/do some other elaborate task I don't want to deal with so I can hop on the elliptical/get coffee/work on making blessing #20 with your father."

This is not really a thread I should have read before bed. I had a rather interesting dream about Jessa sneaking out and meeting Ben in his storage unit.

I like that Joy said she charges $5 a hour for chaperoning. How much does she charge to look the other way? :D

Ben's birthday is May 19, 1995. Found it on Ben Seewald and Jessa Duggar fan page on FB.

Wow, he hasn't even been 19 that long.

Really those 2 and a half years that Jessa is older than Ben are a lot when you are that age. It's hard to imagine he's going to be her headship soon, though I suppose Ben's headship will be Jim Bob, so not much will have changed for her. :?

Looking at Ben(and Derick), will the Duggars let their son's wear shorts? Forgetting about how I feel about Ben, he looks comfortable and modern modestly dressed in shorts. I would think all those Duugar boys ages 10-24 would like to wear some shorts in the summer. How does Jim Bob justify letting his daughters marry short wearing lads but his own son's can't wear shorts. I realize Jason can't go out and buy a pair of shorts but Joseph could.

I want to say that the video posted awhile back (where, on Instgram???) of the Duggars/friends playing football in the yard, showed some of the Duggar boys in shorts. Anyone?

I guess one good thing is that he did not have to serve 14 years for her after marring one of her sisters. So, a plus. lol jk :lol: (side note: it is a bible reference.)

HAHAHAHA! :D Totally got it.

ROFL! :lol: You know who Ben reminds me of? Will Farrell in Taladega Nights. The scene where he says the blessing at the table totally mirrors Ben when he opens his mouth. And Ben is SO STINKIN' IMMATURE; have you ever noticed when he tries (but epically fails) to intelligently comment on the Benessa relationship, that he always ends with something along the lines of , "and besides, she's gorgeous" or, "and besides, I get to spend time with Jessa." He's like a 14yo with hormones just kicking in (she's going to be busy when that "I do" is official, lol.) You'll "hear" Will channeling Ben in this clip, especially at about :30 . :lol:

P.S. and Will's wife, in the clip, also plays a great future Jessa, too. :cracking-up:

I agree with antwan. JB has f**ked up with this one, and this is all damage control. Jessa and Ben will marry in October and move into Josh's old house (which belongs to Grandma). Ben will never finish his associates degree.

By December 2015, there will probably be 3 new Duggar grandkids.

God, this is depressing.

I agree with antwan. JB has f**ked up with this one, and this is all damage control. Jessa and Ben will marry in October and move into Josh's old house (which belongs to Grandma). Ben will never finish his associates degree.

By December 2015, there will probably be 3 new Duggar grandkids.

God, this is depressing.

Yup. I bet Jessa and Ben will be announcing they are getting an extra special Christmas present this December (if not something extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving).

And I have no doubt Josh and Anna are trying extra hard for #4 now. Their thunder has been stolen quite bit, they will be wanting it back.

What's sad about that is that I'm sure it's going to mean more work for Jana, Jinger and Joy. Not just will they be taking over Jill and Jessa's duties, but they will be sent regularly to help out with their new nieces and/or nephews. Jana is just not going anywhere anytime soon.

I have also said it before, but I'll say again: Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn are going to get turned into J'slaves very soon (Josie is too much of a "miracle" to make her work). But instead of sistermoms, they will be auntmoms to nieces and nephews. I would bet this will be particularly the case with Jennifer; since she's so close to Jill, she will likely end up spending a lot of time at Jill and Derick's home.

I just feel bad for the other girls. They deserve more.

Timeline is totally off. No wedding band on Jill in that picture, and way before she started with the bloated preggo look at the end of July.

Jana is also there. And she hasn't been at home since Jill's wedding, but instead hanging with Josh/Anna/kids at home in DC or in their travels.

I think he moved in at the end of April or beginning of May. TLC is already using footage of it in their previews for the new season, so it had to be "in the can" for awhile.

I want to say that the video posted awhile back (where, on Instgram???) of the Duggars/friends playing football in the yard, showed some of the Duggar boys in shorts. Anyone?

And, since Boob is supporting Ben; it's Boobs cash that will be buying those shorts in the future!!!

ROFL! :lol: You know who Ben reminds me of? Will Farrell in Taladega Nights. The scene where he says the blessing at the table totally mirrors Ben when he opens his mouth. And Ben is SO STINKIN' IMMATURE; have you ever noticed when he tries (but epically fails) to intelligently comment on the Benessa relationship, that he always ends with something along the lines of , "and besides, she's gorgeous" or, "and besides, I get to spend time with Jessa." He's like a 14yo with hormones just kicking in (she's going to be busy when that "I do" is official, lol.) You'll "hear" Will channeling Ben in this clip, especially at about :30 . :lol:

P.S. and Will's wife, in the clip, also plays a great future Jessa, too. :cracking-up:

Best movie ever! And I could totally see Jessa as the wife. :lol:

I'm so freaked out by him moving in! In one of their engagement photos, Ben is looking at Jessa's ring while she winks at the camera TOTALLY channeling Michelle holding her marriage license and winking when she married JB. I never realized how similar Jessa and Ben were to her parents until I read through this thread. Ick!! Their blog is going to be disgusting. Ben will spend more time blocking people and deleting comments than actually posting photos on it. Ben and JB are sooooo much alike--horny, immature, uneducated little boys that got the pretty girl because she wanted someone that worshipped her and loved Jesus. :ew:

Yup. I bet Jessa and Ben will be announcing they are getting an extra special Christmas present this December (if not something extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving).

And I have no doubt Josh and Anna are trying extra hard for #4 now. Their thunder has been stolen quite bit, they will be wanting it back.

What's sad about that is that I'm sure it's going to mean more work for Jana, Jinger and Joy. Not just will they be taking over Jill and Jessa's duties, but they will be sent regularly to help out with their new nieces and/or nephews. Jana is just not going anywhere anytime soon.

I have also said it before, but I'll say again: Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn are going to get turned into J'slaves very soon (Josie is too much of a "miracle" to make her work). But instead of sistermoms, they will be auntmoms to nieces and nephews. I would bet this will be particularly the case with Jennifer; since she's so close to Jill, she will likely end up spending a lot of time at Jill and Derick's home.

I just feel bad for the other girls. They deserve more.

I agree that Josh and Anna are trying hard for #4 but I think they may get less help soon. My guess is that once Jill and Jessa are both married and occupied with their own babies the remaining older girls will be necessary at the TTH. I wouldn't put it past Michelle though to send Hannie up to Josh and Anna to help them. She's almost nine years old so plenty old in the Duggar world to be a J'slave. Or if they do keep the younger girls at home they'll start taking over some of the jurisdictions of the older girls. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that little Hannie is responsible for the laundry for the entire family.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Jana likes getting away to DC. I'm sure it's less work to help Anna and more fun for her. Plus, who knows, maybe it's a chance to meet some new people and maybe that "special someone". Can you imagine if Jana met someone that she fell head over heels for and he didn't want to drink the koolaid? I wonder what Jana would do? I wonder what Anna and Josh would do, especially if it was some executive from Josh's workplace?

Anyway, back to the thread of Ben moving in...does anyone remember when Ben and Jessa first started courting and one of the little girls asked Jessa if she was going to marry Ben because he was good looking and Jessa replied: Yes. I do think there's a physical attraction between them. Not sure they have much else in common though, other than their faith, and there are differences there as well since Ben is a Calvinist and Jessa a Southern Baptist. Still, I suspect JB likes having Ben closeby so he can mold him into exactly the kind of SIL he wants. I think Derick imtimidates JB a little bit whereas Ben doesn't.

Archived