IGNORED

Ben Living With the Duggars - MERGE

LogansMama

Forgive me if this is old news...

http://www.people.com/article/ben-seewa ... fd8e5c0cf7

The Duggars have a new addition to their family home in Tontitown, Arkansas – and he's somebody you know: Ben Seewald, Jessa Duggar's new fiancé!

So, how does that work?

"He moved up here a few weeks ago," Jim Bob, 49, tells PEOPLE exclusively. "It has been really good. He has been able to spend a lot more time with Jessa and our family. We have a guesthouse in front of our house, with a shower and everything, separate from the main house."

Side hugs have given way to hand-holding now that Jessa, 21, has accepted Seewald's marriage proposal and the two are now planning their wedding. But, as seen in this exclusive clip from the season premiere of TLC's hit reality show 19 Kids and Counting, things could get interesting now that Seewald, 19, is at the Duggar home.

"I'm very excited that Ben is moving in today," Jessa says in the clip. "I think it will be awesome to get to spend more time with Ben and see him on a daily basis instead of once or twice a month."

Jim Bob says he hired Seewald to do work for him while he continues his college courses online.

"Ben was living four hours away in Hot Springs with his parents," Jim Bob says. "After Michelle and I were talking about it, we have so many projects to do that we need help for – everything from construction projects to keeping the grass mowed to putting roof on a building, paperwork and things like that – and we asked him if he would be interested in moving up here so that Jessa and his relationship could be really accelerated. He was all for it and his parents were happy about it."

Still, does it make all the chaperones jobs a little bit harder?

"They always have a chaperone," Jim Bob explains. "It has just worked out great. It is a little more labor intensive for Dad – we did set a curfew. By midnight, every night, we need to make sure everybody is back in their place. Jessa and Ben have set up their own courtship standards. They did not hold hands until they got engaged. After they got engaged, they started holding hands. Just like Jill and Derick, they will be saving their first kiss for their wedding day.

'You Want to Show Love and Affection'

Jill and Derick Dillard, who recently spoke to PEOPLE exclusively about their pregnancy news, also weigh in on Seewald's new digs.

"You're human, and the physical side is there for a reason," Derick says in the clip. "Naturally, it is going to be difficult if you try to refrain that."

Jessa's mom, Michelle, 47, agrees.

"Any time you are in love and are together, you realize you want to show your love and affection," she says in the clip. "But when you have purposed to keep those protections in your life, you have to remember and have that accountability."

19 Kids and Counting returns Sept. 2 at 9 p.m. ET on TLC.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's definitely sexual tension between Ben and Jessa at around the 1:00 when he first comes in the house...looks like Jessa's flirting with him and giving him "the look".

hmm.. means sneaking out is definitley an option!!!

An option, sure...but in actuality, not so much.

I like Joy at the end of the clip, saying that their fee is 5 bucks an hour, so this should get them some good money :)

Ben really pushed himself on the Duggars didn't he. Coming from his home a distance away to meet up with them at church on Sunday.

Ben really pushed himself on the Duggars didn't he. Coming from his home a distance away to meet up with them at church on Sunday.

Might as well go ahead and change his last name !

So Ben has stalked Jessa, convinced his parents to take him to the Duggar family church to meet her, sparks ignited between them, they entered into a courtship, Ben started traveling with the dog and pony show, he literally began performing like a trained seal on stage, they got engaged, he's moved onto their property into the guest house...and now he is officially the Duggars' yard boy?

I sure hope the legitimate sex is worth all this crap in the end.

"...We asked him if he would be interested in moving up here so that Jessa and his relationship could be really accelerated." :lol:

Damn... I know they say what they're supposed to say, but who knows how strongly the individual kids believe it. I mean, if I desperately wanted to sleep with my boyfriend and he moved onto my family's property? And his house was in my front yard, but in a separate building from the one my parents and siblings sleep in? There would be some mad sexing going on as soon as my family fell asleep.

That explains what we have all been asking

Not really. A poster here claimed that he'd dropped out of school before the end of the spring term and moved up to the Duggar compound at that time.

While I don't believe that Bin has only been up there, living and working for Boob for only a few weeks, I doubt he's been there for the last 4 or 5 months. I'll split the difference and wager that he's been up there since maybe June, around the time of the "mission" trip.

No surprise that Boob is bankrolling this pair. An indication that this kid is nowhere near being ready for marriage on his own terms. I imagine they'll be placed in Smuggar's old house (but where will they put that load of shit from the registry?).

So Ben is completing his college education online. I wonder if he transferred to the Duggar Plus Plus college or whatever the hell its called. Oh Boob is really calling the shots.

I wonder if this was the compromise to allowing Ben and Jessa get engaged. I wonder if this has anything to do with the "hoops" Ben's father was talking about some father's making guys jump through to marry their daughters. Perhaps Boob told Ben that he wasn't financially able to support his daughter and Ben pleaded and pleaded and finally Boob said that Ben could come work for him and live on property. I wonder if Jessa will just move into the guest house when they get married then they'll build their own house together. In the Dishing with the Duggars John David does mention another building project coming up soon.

Not really. A poster here claimed that he'd dropped out of school before the end of the spring term and moved up to the Duggar compound at that time.

While I don't believe that Bin has only been up there, living and working for Boob for only a few weeks, I doubt he's been there for the last 4 or 5 months. I'll split the difference and wager that he's been up there since maybe June, around the time of the "mission" trip.

No surprise that Boob is bankrolling this pair. An indication that this kid is nowhere near being ready for marriage on his own terms. I imagine they'll be placed in Smuggar's old house (but where will they put that load of shit from the registry?).

I go away for a day and come home to Ben living in a room up above a storage container and has two dear heads on the wall (who thinks they have cameras in their eyes ) and we are supposed to believe this just happened.. Sorry TLC and JB I think this happened months ago....MONTHS AGO!!!

But the sexual chemistry is totally there - that was clear as day

And JB is so bankrolling these two - Here Ben here is $1000 a week and you can stamp the date stamp on all the bills.....

because you add great ratings

as for Derick clearing talking about sex GOOD FOR YOU DERICK :D

I was looking at the engagement pictures of Jessa and Ben and couldn't help noticing the picture with his arm around her and resting on her hip. By our standards, not so bad but Jim Bob and Michelle probably had gas over that. From side hugs to hand holding right on to hip touching...WOW!

While I doubt they'll find it possible to actually have sex I wouldn't shocked if they managed to sneak a kiss when some chaperone was busy eating candy.

While I doubt they'll find it possible to actually have sex I wouldn't shocked if they managed to sneak a kiss when some chaperone was busy eating candy.

now I totally think they have been kissing

:D

So Ben has stalked Jessa, convinced his parents to take him to the Duggar family church to meet her, sparks ignited between them, they entered into a courtship ...

I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as 'stalking'... that seems really harsh to me. It sounds like he saw Jessa on TV or a video or whatever, and said to his parents, 'let's go check out their church', and discovered there was a mutual attraction. I think it would be hard for a fundie family these days to meet the Duggars without seeing them on video first. Even when it was just 14 Kids, Anna saw the special before she met Josh because it was circulating in those communities. He had ~love at first sight~, but her first impression was based on the show. I'm sure that's still happening. I mean, Ben is a blowhard douchebag, but he seems to actually care about Jessa. I just don't think he knows her well :shrug: I wouldn't call him a stalker, just an idiot.

now I totally think they have been kissing

:D

They might be saving lip kisses for the wedding day, but even whispering to each other can be almost like a kiss.

Archived