IGNORED

Ben Living With the Duggars - MERGE

LogansMama

So he left his parents home, college, and his own business for this loft above a garage? Oh Jessa, what a prize! :clap:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what Jim Bob considers a "guest house?" Do they often entertain guests from prisons?

Maybe Jim Bob should met with Michael Crowley from Polygamy USA about how to turn a storage pod into an apartment! At least Michael put some flower boxes and windows and finished off the walls and decent flooring.

Timeline is totally off. No wedding band on Jill in that picture, and way before she started with the bloated preggo look at the end of July.

Ben being as young as he is has no formal education and no marketable skills (aside from a year or two fixing windshields). As someone previously mentioned, I wonder how being a Duggar "employee" will work. Taxes? I wonder if he's signed a contract with TLC and is receiving a regular paycheck.

Assuming the new sister book brought in some dough, Jessa is likely the breadwinner at this point. In a patriarchal society, that just ain't gonna work. :roll:

Um that is not a guest house! That is a room in a garage.

Ben will probably just sleep in that bed. He will eat, shower, etc.... basically LIVE at the Duggar house. They are just making him sleep out there, and acting like it's an "apartment" for the sake of appearances.

Boy, that really is just a cube, isn't it? Does it actually have windows in it, or did the Duggars just tack blanket material over the walls to make it look like windows?

Loving Jessa's face at the 2:30 mark in the moving-in video. She's looking at Ben like, "Oh sh*t, he's opening his mouth again. This whole relationship just works so much better when he doesn't talk and just SMOLDERS!" :lol:

I think Joyanna needs to get into the extortion racket. Threaten to rat 'em out over illicit side hugs and hand sex if Jessa and Ben don't pay her off.

Jim Bob couldn't "throw" Michelle a baby to catch, so he went out and bought her one!

Congratulations, Michelle, it's a boy!!! J'Ben!

who thinks after they get married - they will live at the house ?

I just had that thought - oppressive

Maybe they'll get Grandma's room and Grandma will have to move into the girls' room. That way Jessa can still be close to the laundry room/shared closet. :evil-eye:

Why does everybody think that these new couples are going to move into Josh & Anna's old house? it's currently rented out to tenants, isn't it? They'd lose money by having the tenants leave (which you can't just do at the drop of a hat anyways), and there's plenty of other Duggar properties out there for them to move into.

Hahahaha run Ben, run.

Next thing you know, she will be putting flowers on his head and making him blow kisses.

Now I see how courtship really works. "Setting your own courtship standards" actually means that they cannot set the standards "lower" than what ma and pa Duggar want, but they are allowed to be as conservative as they want beyond the base line.

Just once, I want one of the kids to fuck with them and say that not only will they be having a no-touch courtship, they will also be choosing not to see one another's faces until marriage. And since voices can be sexy, they will be e-mailing only.

Why does everybody think that these new couples are going to move into Josh & Anna's old house? it's currently rented out to tenants, isn't it? They'd lose money by having the tenants leave (which you can't just do at the drop of a hat anyways), and there's plenty of other Duggar properties out there for them to move into.

Good point, I guess there are plenty of places for them to live. Then again, maybe the tenants' in J&A's house lease will be up by the wedding? Who the heck knows. As long as they don't get stuck in that tin box Bin is living in.

Why is Ben being allowed to move in, anyway? Even if he sleeps in a rental unit outside the house at night, he's still basically living there.

Ben and Jessa look at each other the same way I look at a prime rib and steak fries combo. :drool: And instead of turning the hose on them, Jim Bob and Michelle have just moved the fire into the house fulltime!

Not very good for maintaining purity standards.

I wonder if Jessa and Ben Boob will work out something with Michelle. When they have a baby they'll give it to Michelle to raise until the newness wares off (maybe a month?) so she can have a buddy again. I mean after Michelle foisting so many kids onto Jessa perhaps she should finally give one back?

Now I see how courtship really works. "Setting your own courtship standards" actually means that they cannot set the standards "lower" than what ma and pa Duggar want, but they are allowed to be as conservative as they want beyond the base line.

Just once, I want one of the kids to fuck with them and say that not only will they be having a no-touch courtship, they will also be choosing not to see one another's faces until marriage. And since voices can be sexy, they will be e-mailing only.

post-10046-1445199938244_thumb.jpg

I haven't read all the responses, so forgive any repeat comment, please.

When I heard this news and watched the video, these were my thoughts...

JB made a mistake. YEP, that's what I believe he came to realize, -he actually made a mistake in allowing Ben to court Jessa when he's proven to be nothing more than a mere man-cub, -an immature, "hurt the money train with your dumb words and actions" man-cub. But it was too late. What, JB admit that he made a grave mistake in allowing this relationship to move forward? Why, Jessa's locked in the proverbial Gothard-orchestrated safety tower, and JB's the keeper of the keys. And he erroneously granted access to her heart, to Ben. BEN!, who has proven (in JB's mind) to be undereducated (taking college courses, but underachievingly looking forward to a "job opportunity" with JB), overzealous (hello, Catholic basher), and stoo-pit ("Why in thee heck did you post that picture of my Blessa holding the gun? Now I have to do crowd control!") And then there's Michael, blogging negatively about Gothard and Phillips BY NAME (cue the gasp!)

What to do? What to dooooo???

"Hey, I know. I need more control over that boy. Need to make him my slipper fetcher. Ah, the perfect plan. Offer him even GREATER access to my Blessa. He'll jump on that like,...like...like on her (if I'd let him. Which I won't. Make no mistake about that one.) Then, Ben will be out from under his father's influence, fully under mine, Jessa will think I'm the most understanding, loving father in the whole world, and, best of all, I don't have to admit that I authorized the giving of pieces of her heart away to the wrong man-cub....er, guy."

Let the indoctrination begin!

That house is ugly.

Is it even a house? I might have not paid close enough attention, but it looked like the upstairs of a pole barn, no?

Unless......

You don't think they're already married do you? We've figured out they've been engaged for a while so I could completely see 'SURPRISE and here's the video'.

It's one of the storage/industrial buildings at the front of their property.

In the People mag clip two things stuck out to me:

1) James completely ignores him as Ben "arrives to move in" (as the clip would lead you to believe). Ben had to speak to James and then James was like, "Oh! Hi!" (as in, I forgot we were filming the part where you arrive for the first time *WINK WINK*)

2) Jessa and Ben look like they are going to kiss each other in greeting (a la husband and wife) and then turn at the last minute (as in, Oops, I forgot we were pretending to be engaged *WINK WINK*)

Archived