IGNORED

Ben Living With the Duggars - MERGE

LogansMama

I can't tell. Who's the girl on the couch between Ben and Jessa?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know where the real guest house is in relation to the big house? I don't see it on the satellite view.

I'm a few months younger than Jessa and I find Ben annoyingly immature. Also desperate (probably for teh secks).

I wouldn't be surprised though if Jana likes getting away to DC. I'm sure it's less work to help Anna and more fun for her. Plus, who knows, maybe it's a chance to meet some new people and maybe that "special someone". Can you imagine if Jana met someone that she fell head over heels for and he didn't want to drink the koolaid? I wonder what Jana would do? I wonder what Anna and Josh would do, especially if it was some executive from Josh's workplace?

I don't think Josh and Anna's would necessarily bring less work. Different work a lot more child minding and a lot less cooking/cleaning probably but I would imagine that three little children would still keep Jana quite busy. However you might have a point about there being somebody she's interested in up there. That would be interesting especially if it wasn't somebody who while conservative quite approached Duggar standards. It also might be that over the years Anna and Jana have become friends and with Jill getting married and being so busy with Derrick Jana prefers spending time with Anna and possibly even Josh then her love struck sisters or Jinger. I would imagine Jill's giddiness would grate after awhile especially if Jana is feeling hopeless about her own future. Josh and Anna having been married for awhile might not be quite as obnoxious.

I don't think Josh and Anna's would necessarily bring less work. Different work a lot more child minding and a lot less cooking/cleaning probably but I would imagine that three little children would still keep Jana quite busy. However you might have a point about there being somebody she's interested in up there. That would be interesting especially if it wasn't somebody who while conservative quite approached Duggar standards. It also might be that over the years Anna and Jana have become friends and with Jill getting married and being so busy with Derrick Jana prefers spending time with Anna and possibly even Josh then her love struck sisters or Jinger. I would imagine Jill's giddiness would grate after awhile especially if Jana is feeling hopeless about her own future. Josh and Anna having been married for awhile might not be quite as obnoxious.

Yes, I think that makes a lot of sense. Jana must find Joy and even Jinger quite immature - she's 24 after all. And I can't imagine she has much in common with Joe or even JD, even if he is her twin. Jill and Jessa are out of the picture and Siah has been gone at ALERT for so long they must be forgetting what he looks like.

Josh and Anna are responsible grown-ups who live in a very interesting place. Also, Anna is an attentive mother who actually seems to enjoy her children, and so I bet she doesn't dump on Jana the way Michelle always has.

I was thinking about how detached Josh always seems from his siblings, but maybe he's fairly close to Jana? They share the most history, again apart from JD - but Josh and JD appear to have very little in common.

In the early days of the marriage it didn't look as if Jana and Anna got on too well - I remember Jana looking very uncomfortable in a TH when she was asked if they were close. But things change.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a man for Jana up there? I do hope so.

Maybe they'll get Grandma's room and Grandma will have to move into the girls' room. That way Jessa can still be close to the laundry room/shared closet. :evil-eye:

As long as they don't move Grandma into Ben Bob's cell guest house.

As long as they don't move Grandma into Ben Bob's cell guest house.

I think Grandma will head over the Deanna's if they try that switch plus I bet Jim Bob and Michelle wouldn't want to chance the other kids hearing Ben and Jessa having sex. Wouldn't want to stir up feelings that can't be righteously fulfilled.

I like that Joy said she charges $5 a hour for chaperoning. How much does she charge to look the other way? :D

They wouldn't :pink-shock: that's a sin.

After the jessa wedding and the people interview, I hope Jessa says we kissed before marriage and loved it. Fuck the courtship rules.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Jana likes getting away to DC. I'm sure it's less work to help Anna and more fun for her. Plus, who knows, maybe it's a chance to meet some new people and maybe that "special someone". Can you imagine if Jana met someone that she fell head over heels for and he didn't want to drink the koolaid? I wonder what Jana would do? I wonder what Anna and Josh would do, especially if it was some executive from Josh's workplace?

Anyway, back to the thread of Ben moving in...does anyone remember when Ben and Jessa first started courting and one of the little girls asked Jessa if she was going to marry Ben because he was good looking and Jessa replied: Yes. I do think there's a physical attraction between them. Not sure they have much else in common though, other than their faith, and there are differences there as well since Ben is a Calvinist and Jessa a Southern Baptist. Still, I suspect JB likes having Ben closeby so he can mold him into exactly the kind of SIL he wants. I think Derick imtimidates JB a little bit whereas Ben doesn't.

What other buddy needs raising?? Almost all the kids can get themselves ready, go to fundie online school, and make their own meals. Maybe Josie and jordyn might need help but there's no more babies in that house.

WOW! I just can't believe this is ALL over the internet. Are the Duggars that famous that we have to hear their every move on a daily basis?? JB must have thought this would cause a Christian uproar if he didn't let everyone know about Ben shacking in the guest house. I've been reading a lot of comments all over the place, and everyone is mostly wondering about Ben's education or if he has a job. Well...people are forgetting he will get paid REALLY well by TLC and all other media outlets that are interested. Probably used a TLC pay check to buy Jessa's ring. Oh and lets not not forget the money he will make working around the Duggar compound. :lol:

So Ben and Jessa won't be totally broke for a while. For some reason I think Ben might be fugal with money. I'm just trying to be "ok" with this engagement. Can't wait to hear how Ben is handling people being concerned with his age, job, and educational situation. He has a lot of explaining to do! :shifty-kitty:

I've been thinking about this for a bit. Ben is currently under JB's thumb and playing by JB's rules because he wants Jessa. He's also a 19 year old kid. At some point I see JB and Ben clashing. When they do Ben can take Jessa back to his family. I'm sure Ben's family would encourage him to go back to school and might even encourage Jessa to do the same. They might even encourage Jessa to get a job, Ben's sister has one. It might happen for awhile but I do see a Ben and JB blow up. Ben had to get some of his dad's feistiness right?

I've been thinking about this for a bit. Ben is currently under JB's thumb and playing by JB's rules because he wants Jessa. He's also a 19 year old kid. At some point I see JB and Ben clashing. When they do Ben can take Jessa back to his family. I'm sure Ben's family would encourage him to go back to school and might even encourage Jessa to do the same. They might even encourage Jessa to get a job, Ben's sister has one. It might happen for awhile but I do see a Ben and JB blow up. Ben had to get some of his dad's feistiness right?

I have thought of this as well. Ben likes Jessa on tv. Ben drives to church of Duggar. Ben says the right things. He has just gone from fan to engaged in 18 months. So either he is a fan and loves the fame and will be happy to take Jim Bob's & TLC money or he at some point will leave. I say Ben likes the fame. It takes a lot to walk away from easy money. I left a marriage to a wealthy man years ago & it was the right thing to do but sometimes I still miss first class.

Well yeah. The Seewald men certainly are out spoken and arrogant. Ben is doing what it takes to get Jessa. That other ring isn't on her figure yet and he knows he can't screw this up. Got a feeling little Ben has a plan for all that TLC money coming in for bit. I'm not too fond of him but I don't blame him for getting as much money as he can. Jessa will be pregnant by Christmas so he really needs to get his shit together!

Jim Bob would shit his pants. I also think that Ben's parents might cash in on the Duggar fame as well. I could totally see tlc throwing the Duggars under the bus. Jessa gets her own show calling out her family.

There's an article about this on the Daily Fail. I love seeing those snarky comments roll in :P

I have thought of this as well. Ben likes Jessa on tv. Ben drives to church of Duggar. Ben says the right things. He has just gone from fan to engaged in 18 months. So either he is a fan and loves the fame and will be happy to take Jim Bob's & TLC money or he at some point will leave. I say Ben likes the fame. It takes a lot to walk away from easy money. I left a marriage to a wealthy man years ago & it was the right thing to do but sometimes I still miss first class.

I don't see the Ben/JB break up anytime soon. I agree that Ben likes the fame but once the show dies or Ben thinks he's famous on his own I see them butting heads. Since Jessa couldn't divorce him she would be forced to go with her husband and might even be forced to take an ebil job. She might have the most potential to break from the cult not because she wants to but because she's marrying a cocky teenaged boy.

Well yeah. The Seewald men certainly are out spoken and arrogant. Ben is doing what it takes to get Jessa. That other ring isn't on her figure yet and he knows he can't screw this up. Got a feeling little Ben has a plan for all that TLC money coming in for bit. I'm not too fond of him but I don't blame him for getting as much money as he can. Jessa will be pregnant by Christmas so he really needs to get his shit together!

She might not get pregnant as quickly as Jill. It might take awhile before Ben can make it. He might have some "control" issues. Honestly, the way he looks when Jessa is around I'm shocked there isn't a wet spot on his jeans 24/7. :whistle:

That is what Jim Bob considers a "guest house?" Do they often entertain guests from prisons?

But they classed it up for him with deer heads!

(I'm catching up on the thread)

J-Boob put B-Boob in isolation (guesthouse) so he can release some of those pent up hormones away from the hearing of the younger howlers...

I wonder if they did it for financial reasons. Ben probably moved straight from his family's house to the Duggar's, I don't think he lived anywhere else beforehand and it seems like he moved in quite some time ago. But driving 200 miles every couple of weeks (which is how far the show pop-up said there was between them, idk how accurate that is) would have been hard in terms of gas money and time commitment, finding somewhere to stay while there, etc. John David also flew his sister and mother to Hot Springs at least once on the show, but I'd bet he did it a number of times to help out. That would take some time off the trip and be much more convenient, but even if the plane doesn't actually belong to JD I'd think he would have to pay for the fuel to use it, too, which I'd think would be even more expensive than driving. So for everyone's sake, maybe JB offered to give Ben a place to stay near them but wanted him somewhere close by, where he could keep an eye on him, and somewhere that he won't lose money by having a person live on a real property rent-free. And maybe having him live in that crappy little sardine can is a test of how much abuse Ben is willing to take for Jessa (which the Duggars don't seem satisfied on, in spite of the number of times they've already shown the boys apparently trying to belittle or embarrass him, under the guise of looking out for Jessa. And with the way JimBob talks about/treats Ben, I'd guess the boys are mimicking that behavior because he's made it clear that being an asshole is acceptable when it comes to Ben).

I just wonder if suddenly having Ben in close proximity all the time might make his immaturity and faults more apparent to Jessa as well as JB and Michelle. I mean, it's easy to be on your best behaviour for short periods of time during visits or trips with the family, but living their and basically working for Jim Bob...I can see that not necessarily working out well. If JB doesn't like the way Ben does a job for him and Ben doesn't like the criticism (as many young men don't until they grow up and mature a bit) and Jessa getting an overload of Ben's romanticism and lack of practicality ...it could spell disaster for an upcoming wedding.

Otoh, maybe the engagement will end up overshadowing everything so that all the normal stuff they would see gets written off as nerves or whatever and a lot of time gets spent going to wedding showers and planning wedding stuff whereas without that to focus on they might've seen that he wasn't what was wanted for/by Jessa. Can you imagine the scandel if Jessa changed her mind now? Or Jim=Bob?

I have noticed that Jessa seems more gushy since getting engaged, so maybe she was holding back her emotions until she had that ring on her finger. I've always found it strange that they can't hold hands until they are engaged, but they start saying *I love you* to each other so early in the courtship? So me, saying I love you seems like such a strong commitment but maybe it's not about heartbreak like JB says, and all about preventing physical touching that can lead to you-know-what and that's the big fear.

But they classed it up for him with deer heads!

Reminds me of Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, when Donner says, "He's myyyyy little buck!"

That's JB and his Benny. :lol:

Bonus comment: the best line on Rudolph is when Santa says, "Every year, I shine up my jingle bells for 8 lucky reindeer."

Bahahahaha! :cracking-up:

Reminds me of Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, when Donner says, "He's myyyyy little buck!"

That's JB and his Benny. :lol:

Bonus comment: the best line on Rudolph is when Santa says, "Every year, I shine up my jingle bells for 8 lucky reindeer."

Bahahahaha! :cracking-up:

Now you have reminded me of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, which now that I am grown is kinda weird.

I mean, if a random guy sat down in any park today and told children they had to kiss him to get a toy, he would be arrested. Then theres the mail man who thinks its totally cool to just randomly open Santa's mail like that and read it. He knows everything about Santa because he reads all the mail going in and out. (Ok seriously, I love Fred Astair, but I thought the mailman was wierd when he started opening mail) I had a couple other issues too, but I don't remember them now.

As for Rudolph, I hated how they made Santa. Santa wasn't very nice. I thought Santa was supposed to be kind, and I just don't see Santa being rude to a reindeer just because he's different. I didn't like how Santa was depicted at all. :-(

Archived