IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has been asked before but do Alyssa and John have a baby registry? I couldn't find one when I googled.

There is one on Babies R Us but its empty. Look for Alyssa Webster, Clermont Florida. I guess we can't 100% guarantee that it is authentic.

I like the name. Allie is kind of a diminutive of Alyssa, and Jane is her grandma, right? Allie is cute but I think it works on a grown up too. I would have gone with it as a nickname for Alison or Alexa or something, but it's okay on its own too,

Kelly, Callie, Ellie, Addallee, now Allie...yeah well...They seriously love names with a double L, don't they? :roll: Jane is nice and works as a "serious" name, though, so I kind of don't mind the Allie. Maybe they actually DO have a full name like Alexandra or Alison but just didn't tell OK!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I may be biased. My nickname is Ali. I'm sure someone truly dedicated could find out my identity easily enough and stalk me, but still. I won't say my full name or my actual birth date, but suffice to say that my birthday is very close to Alyssa's due date, so I may end up with a fundie semi-namesake born on my birthday. Fingers crossed... lol!

Allie Jane is a cute name. Can't pretend I wouldn't prefer another first name that could be shortened to Allie, but it's not too bad on its own. Just relieved not to have a little Br'aeyleigh Webster.

Sorry if this has been asked before but do Alyssa and John have a baby registry? I couldn't find one when I googled.

According to the okmagazine article they registered at Target and Babies R Us today. Due date is April 10th.

My thoughts:

1. Considering some of the god-awful crap fundies name their poor children, Allie Jane is sweet and lovely and very Southern sounding. I like.

2. Ten bucks says she's getting extra money from Target with all that hastagging.

Ergh, I think the hashtagging registry thing is tacky.

Both registries are up and running now. Try his name if hers doesn't work.

She's registered for a Hello Kitty-themed item, a Minnie Mouse item, and multiple pairs of baby girl PANTS.

And a swim diaper that doesn't look like Wholesome Wear. :lol:

I think Allie Jane is going to be sporting hot pink rhinestone encrusted everything.

Stop the presses! The pink room is now green y'all!

post-4896-14451999873122_thumb.jpg

Another pants picture. It actually looks like leggings to me which are skin tight. This girl couldn't ditch the skirts fast enough :cracking-up:

post-10470-14451999873596_thumb.jpg

Where'd that picture come from? I know she posted it on Instagram, but that was a cropped version.

It's from OK! Magazine. Of course he cropped it. Her instagram is carefully edited. I wouldn't be surprised if she had jeans on in every picture.

So... she cares enough to carefully hide her pants-wearing from Instagram, but not from OK Magazine...?

Allie Jane Webster is a really cute name.

I too prefer names that work a bit better on grown ups like Alison, Alexandra or whatever (I was called Gabby as a child but now as an adult am glad I have Gabrielle to go by) but that's just a nitpick. It is a pretty name.

Lawson posted a video with Joesph with the hashtag bringing up bates, and said there would be big news. So maybe him and Joseph are courting :lol:

Lawson posted a video with Joesph with the hashtag bringing up bates, and said there would be big news. So maybe him and Joseph are courting :lol:

I saw that too, I have to admit, I thought it was pretty funny. If I were them I'd be screwing with everyone, too. I hope the 'big news' is something really mundane that's going to disappoint everyone, but I'm betting they're teaming up to do some kind of film production, something like that. They're both into that stuff, I think.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of diminutive-type names as official legal names. Unfortunately, the Bateses seem to love them -- Josie, Katie, Ellie, Callie, Jeb....

Archived